PDA

View Full Version : Ramen - The Greatest Food Evar!

Hayashida
01-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Ramen is probably the greatest food.

LVUER
01-30-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't think so... since in Japan, there are tons of flavor and ramen variety. Each store have their own specialty and there are tons of ramen store (in big city), so...

Hayashida
01-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Yeah, ramen is probably the greatest food.

jubeh
01-30-2011, 07:11 PM
John that was almost identical to your previous post.

Not that I mind since ramen is probably the greatest food.

But I would still learn key phrases in japanese. Something like, "Can you tell me where to find ramen?" and stuff like that.

Hayashida
01-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Or stuff like "Ramen is probably the greatest food".

LVUER
01-30-2011, 07:32 PM
There are vending machines for ramen. Find those instead ^_^

Rio
01-30-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd rather go to a shop and get one freshly made. Talking about ramen is making my mouth drool...

Hayashida
01-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Maybe someone should make a Ramen thread.

LVUER
01-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah, may be ^_^ Oh, and if you somehow get bored with ramen from the store or vending machine ramen, there's always instant ramen. And there's tons of flavor (for instant ramen) in Japan. There's only one flavor in here, and it's tastes bad...

pajamajam
01-30-2011, 09:55 PM
There's an Asian market in Wichita that has like two aisles of instant ramen and another aisle of those cellophane noodles. Then they have packages of just the noodles so you can make the real stuff at home, and cooking classes every month so you know how. I miss it. ):

Ceta
01-31-2011, 06:27 AM
vending machine ramen
As a note, those vending machines don't exist outside Akihabara. If you don't live there or go for a visit, you'll never see one.

I'd rather go to a shop and get one freshly made. Talking about ramen is making my mouth drool...
I wish I could say the same, but I just finished eating oden and am very full right now. But I agree with you on going to a shop and getting it freshly made. While it's good, instant stuff just doesn't compare.

butternut
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Oh good lord! I just noticed it. You actually made it!

Hayashida
01-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Actually it looks like Rio split that previous thread which is good because that one was getting overwhelmed with the greatest food.
To celebrate, here is a picture.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/Dokken_2112/1295162557543copy.jpg
delicious delicious ramen.

butternut
01-31-2011, 01:16 PM
mann...i'm getting hungry! Craving it right now....i think i'll go have some noodles (i dont get ramen here)

Hayashida
01-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Man you can't buy ramen where you live? That sucks big time because it is so good. I mean just look at that picture.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/Dokken_2112/1282446849450copy.jpg

butternut
01-31-2011, 01:29 PM
I know. Stop rubbing it in my face! I guess i'll try to make some at home when i go home. maggi noodles will do for now.

ClockHand
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Laughing out loud, today I'm going to cook ramen in a friend house.

Hayashida
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
I should buy some ramen but I have like no money.

ClockHand
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
It's kinda expenssive to do, but if you do, you can feed a lot of people (I think thats why the instant ramen is so popular, because is more personal and cheaper).

Superdooperphailmachine
01-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Is ramen just noodles with meat and stuff in it?

Hayashida
01-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Its just those chinese wheat noodles with broth but yeah its usually topped with vegetables, egg, or meat.

ClockHand
01-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Superphail@
Yeah is basically that, but it's kinda a little more complex (and expensive) than that. For example the meat need to be cooked with sake and soy. And the soup take 4 hours (in the easy and less traditional version) to cook.

jubeh
01-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah there's real legit ramen that takes a lot of time and preparation.

And then there is minimum wage ramen which takes like 15 minutes and a tea pot.

Hayashida
01-31-2011, 04:55 PM
I like minimum wage ramen but I think that might be because that's the only kind I've had.

angel_dreamer13
01-31-2011, 09:37 PM
minimum wage ramen is the best thing to get when you only have 5 dollars.

Rio
01-31-2011, 11:21 PM
:drool: The best ramen I ever tasted had oysters, crab meat, bamboo shoots, slice of pork, corn, that swirly white and pink thing, and bean sprouts. Yuuuuuum!

Hayashida
01-31-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm not a fan of oysters and crab, but bamboo shoots sound like they'd be good in ramen. And those swirly things are called narutomaki which is a kind of kamaboko. Kamaboko is a kind of seafood product where different kinds of fish are puréed and pressed into that shape, where they're cured and eventually sliced and served on noodle dishes. The more you know!

pajamajam
02-01-2011, 12:38 AM
If kamaboko taste anything like fish ball (the ones you get in Vietnamese noodle soup), then ew. I might have to try the Japanese version, though.

Hayashida
02-01-2011, 12:39 AM
the narutomaki that I've had didn't taste really fishy, more doughy.

pajamajam
02-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Okay, that's good. Because fish balls are really, really horrible.

I'm thinking about trying to make real ramen sometime this week. I found a half a brisket on markdown at the store and wanted to try something different. Plus it's cold as fuck outside and we need some kind of soup.

Hayashida
02-01-2011, 02:25 AM
There's probably some good recipes you can find online. I think Jubeh has a good one that uses hot dogs.

M3S1H
02-01-2011, 03:58 AM
...I like ramen, but they don't sell much of it here, (:eek:) so I have only a couple packets and cups left. And about recipes...I adore ramen when I shower it with black pepper and top it off with an encore of corn...mmm

Byakuran
02-01-2011, 06:11 AM
I've had 3 real ramens in my whole life.

1 at a pretty popular restaurant here in the Netherlands not so expensive and 1 at a cool restaurant in Chinatown London, expensive lol. and one in a chinese?? restaurant in chinatown not expensive..that was really...ew
And the one in the expensive restaurant was yummy, in the populair it was good 2 ... But i like my moms lasagne better... but taste is different for every person . - .

( i've had pack ramens en cup noodles with ramen on them but those don't count in my opinion... xD)

Gedeon
02-01-2011, 07:53 AM
...Umm sory for buting in, but if you only had a chance to try my aunt's SUPER-LONG SOUP NOODELS( It's kinda like ramen but from a serbian cuisine) She has like a trophy noodle thats long 3 meters and wide 0.5 milimeters!!!

Hayashida
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
You should try making your aunt's noodles ramen style.

pajamajam
02-01-2011, 06:51 PM
The Asian markets were closed today because of the snowstorm, so I couldn't get any ingredients. It's all Korean food here anyway, but I was still hoping.

PWhit
02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Ramen is good on occasion. I just don't feel like going to the asian market every time I want it. ><

Hayashida
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
The Asian markets were closed today because of the snowstorm, so I couldn't get any ingredients. It's all Korean food here anyway, but I was still hoping.
Is the storm bad? My sister said that there was one heading our way up here, so I guess it's the same storm.

Also I need to cook some food, so maybe I might make some ramen. The only problem is that I've just got the noodles and no seasoning or anything, so maybe I can look for a recipe for something.

pajamajam
02-01-2011, 10:41 PM
We only got about five inches of snow I think, but the wind was really strong and it was super fucking cold. I think the windchill was like -25F at one point.

I'm gonna try again tomorrow. The storm's over, so places should be open.

Evil_Cake
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM
what do u think of lo mein

pajamajam
02-02-2011, 01:15 AM
It's okay, but it can't hold a candle to ramen.

LVUER
02-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Ramen is good on occasion. I just don't feel like going to the asian market every time I want it. ><

That's why you stock up on instant ramen. So you could enjoy ramen anytime you want ^_^

Devillan
02-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Ramen places don't exist here in Israel...I they do but not close to where I live...I never ate ramen in my life

LVUER
02-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Perhaps you could order it on-line (or via telephone)?

Rio
02-02-2011, 09:28 PM
The problem is distance. He said they're not close so maybe they're too far even for home delivery. But I'm really surprised you have never tasted ramen. Not even the Nissan ramen that's practically in every supermarket for like less than $1 for a packet?

violin
02-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Is Ramen those chinese spaghetti thing?

Hayashida
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/Dokken_2112/1295162557543copy.jpg
delicious delicious ramen.
This is ramen.

Rio
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I like this image better and it's the ramen I eat from Santouka!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1wWTObAexYs/SWirqXvmY2I/AAAAAAAAD40/gyw-EHfqY2w/s400/Santouka+Ramen+chasu+miso+ramen.JPG

I particularly like their Melty Pork Ramen set.... Mmmmmm~! :9 The pork really does melt in your mouth.... (my mouth is watering just talking about it xD )

violin
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Ohh. Ok. So it is. I like to use those noodles to make spaghetti :)
Used to eat alot of them when I was a kid.
http://vibo71.com/images/choice/3a.jpg
It says "Instant Noodels" and in Bulgarian it's translated as "Instant Spaghetti". And they look exactly as the picture you showed. I was wondering what's that "Ramen" think everyone is talking about here in US.

EDIT: Ohhh. It does says Korean Ramen. I've never noticed that label.

PS: rio, where do you buy those. Chinese restaurants?

Rio
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Wow, so any type of noodles just get translated to spaghetti? That's not good. There are all kinds of noodles from buckwheat soba, udon, ramen, vermicelli and on and on. ...But you learn something new everyday huh? ;D

Btw, have you ever cooked it in a soup style or do you just make it into spaghetti and non-soup-based?

On a side note, these are the most popular instant ramen here in the states though lately I've been seeing other brands too:

http://scientopia.org/blogs/scicurious/files/2010/10/ramen.jpg http://media.divinecaroline.com/ext/article_images3/Soup/Nissin_top_ramen_Casita.jpg

violin
02-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Well I either make them like italian spaghetti - with tomato souce - not like soup. Or when I'm lazy I just boil them add the mix that comes with them and eat them in a cup like soup. Well that's what the instructuons says: Boil for 3minutes, add the mix -> eat :D

Hayashida
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I hate the chicken flavoured ramen. It just smells like a chicken coop to me. I prefer the vegetable kind. Following that, I like the sea food kind and the beef one is okay. Spicy ramen is good as well.

Rio
02-02-2011, 10:57 PM
@ violin
Sooooooo.... have you ever eaten spaghetti using spaghetti noodles? Like this?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2059/2081562005_367e2e6803.jpg

Sorry if my asking is bothering you. It's just that this is my first time hearing ramen noodles being used for spaghetti.... D: It's kinda shocking.

@ Hayashida
Oooo... I used to eat chicken ramen and only chicken ramen until one day I decided to see what the deal was with beef ramen (my cousin liked it better than chicken) and I've never turned back. I've never tasted the vegetable or seafood flavors so... No opinion. Maybe I'll try it now just to see the difference.The spicy ones are majorly good. I've been trying all the varieties in the Japanese supermarket and yummy~!

Zoe
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
My dad used to use ramen as spaghetti, he would over cook it too. Yuck.

What's really delicious is taking uncooked instant ramen and smearing peanut butter on it, seriously.

violin
02-02-2011, 11:04 PM
@rio, ofcourse I had. I just like spaghetti more if made from those ramen noodles. And yes all noodles translates in bulgarian as spaghetti - kind of confusing. We also don't have a word for pasta. I don't know if macaroni can be used for all pasta things. So we have spaghetti and macaroni for all pasta, noodles dishes :)
I think I tried something similar to the picture you showed in the previous post in a Korean restaurant. It was some kind of soup with raw fish - I didn't liked it that much (the fish :D )

EDIT: Since Zoe mentioned peanut butter. That's something that is almost imposible to find in a grocery store in BG. :)

Ceta
02-03-2011, 06:17 AM
What's really delicious is taking uncooked instant ramen and smearing peanut butter on it, seriously.
I think this depends on what peanut butter you have available. The kind here is very sweet and not really something I could recommend for something like that. (Sadly, I don't think I'd ever give that mix a try; just not daring enough. I'll take your word for it that it's good.)

Jpg
02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Me & my gf love ramen.
She loves ramen so much that she dips cookies into them.

I just wish I knew what was in those packets. I think they put crack in them.

As for prices, the Maruchan is 3 for $1 where I am at.
If you buy it in bulk, it comes out to 4 packs for $1.

Best commercial ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeiLHIhtGvk

I love the sound effect at the end.

Rio
02-03-2011, 06:12 PM
lol It'd be funny as heck to see something like that run during the Super Bowl. xD

@ Zoe
Uh.... peanut butter and ramen? Hrmmmm. I guess it would be crunchy. Maybe one day I'll try it. Maybe.

@ violin
Regarding the Korean soup - I've had their soups and I didn't like them as much for some reason as well. You should try their bulgogi. It's not bad... or at least where I usually eat Korean food anyways. C:

pajamajam
02-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Has anyone had those crunchy ramen snacks? They're like broken up raw noodles with flavoring on them. They were between the pocky and the white rabbit candy at my favorite Asian market. The tomato ones are awesome.

Japxican
02-03-2011, 08:21 PM
From what I heard, Fukuoka City is the ramen capital of Japan pretty much. I had ramen when I was there. OISHII!!! I brought back about 8 packets of instant ramen noodles 'cause it's so good.

Rio
02-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Has anyone had those crunchy ramen snacks? They're like broken up raw noodles with flavoring on them. They were between the pocky and the white rabbit candy at my favorite Asian market. The tomato ones are awesome.Nope, haven't seen heard about them before. I'll have a look for them next time I go to the Japanese supermarket I like to frequent. :3

From what I heard, Fukuoka City is the ramen capital of Japan pretty much. I had ramen when I was there. OISHII!!! I brought back about 8 packets of instant ramen noodles 'cause it's so good.Ooooo.... I definitely want to hit up some ramen shops when I go to Japan. ...And okinomiyaki and sushi restaurants too.

Japxican
02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Ooooo.... I definitely want to hit up some ramen shops when I go to Japan. ...And okinomiyaki and sushi restaurants too.
Well, if you like okonomiyaki, then Hiroshima is the place to go. You honestly haven't had okonomiyaki until you've been there and tried it. SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!! I recommend you go there. Takoyaki's good too.

HardToExplain
02-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I have never eaten Ramen in my life, and ill just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc9craIn3EU

Evil_Cake
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
lol

jubeh
02-04-2011, 07:45 PM
That's brilliant.

Hayashida
02-04-2011, 11:42 PM
He mentally slapped her across the face

PWhit
02-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Haha... the chick got owned by Wario's thinner brother.

Blue_Dragon
02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
^Waluigi?

That's funny.

"I want ramen!"--Super Milk-chan, I think the old dude robot says it all the time. That's his fuels, yo.

Slurpee
02-09-2011, 02:53 PM
My mom works alot and sometimes doesn't cook.
Once I ate Ramen for about 1-2 weeks. Most people would get sick of it but I still love the stuff <3

Hayashida
02-09-2011, 03:10 PM
I just had some ramen earlier today. I looked at the thing and it says that for half of one serving there's like 1040mg of sodium. So one whole package is just about enough sodium (supposedly) for one day. What the hell.

PWhit
02-09-2011, 07:49 PM
I had Ramen with chicken bits and bacon in it... mmmm....

Evil_Cake
02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I just had some ramen earlier today. I looked at the thing and it says that for half of one serving there's like 1040mg of sodium. So one whole package is just about enough sodium (supposedly) for one day. What the hell.

good thing ur not a slugman

Hayashida
02-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah I suppose so, but it's still not good for you.

PWhit
02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Damn it, Hayashida! You made me make two packets of Ramen for dinner! D:

jk, you helped me solve my hunger issue.

Rio
02-10-2011, 02:06 PM
@ Hayashida
That's why you only put in half the packet or maybe less. Either that or you may have to get just the noodles if you have access to a supermarket that has them.

GunZet
02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Ramen is so good...yet so bad.
Have you ever left a bowl of the microwave ramen noodles out for the night? It gets hard and develops a film of some sort due to whatever was in the packet...nasty. Eat it while it's hot xD

Hayashida
02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I always eat the ramen i cook so i've never experienced it making a movie, and if I do say so, gunzet, that that seems quite absurd.

violin
02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
It gets hard and develops a film of some sort due to whatever was in the packet...nasty. Eat it while it's hot xD

Could be gelatin. It's produced by bones. It's used in many dishes and sweets. When it's cold it get's hard and jelly like.(infact all jellies are made of it)

LVUER
02-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh, since it seems we're talking about instant ramen/noodles... here's some of my tip (since I live in country where food isn't that healthy, average life expectancy here is only 60):
1. Throw away/don't use all the water you use to boil the ramen/noodle. Use new water instead or make your own soup. Or you could make fried ramen/noodle which doesn't use the water anyway...
2. Use half or less packet of spice that you get from the instant ramen/noodle. It's even better if you make it on your own.
3. Don't eat more than once of those things per three days. It gives time for your body to recover.
4. Don't boil those ramens/noodle until it gets all soggy since it makes you fatter (it absorbs all the water), but don't boil it too soon either... I think 3 minutes is actually too long if you use boiling water.

violin
02-10-2011, 09:13 PM
And eat more plain yoghurt. In my country many of the traditional dishes are prepared with yoghurt. We also often drink it mixed with water instead of Pop drinks. Life expectancy is about 75 (not much) but maybe because 80% of the population smokes. But I know many old people - over 80. Like 90 - 100. Most of them don't smoke. But all of them eat atleast one yoghurt per day. I'm a yoghurt fan forever - can't live without it. The one here in USA is not good though :(

pajamajam
02-11-2011, 03:37 AM
I tried yogurt soda from an Indian supermarket once. It tasted like rancid milk, and it burned my arm when I dumped it in the compost heap.

violin
02-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Don't know what they sell in India. It's just plain yogurt with some water so it will be easier to drink. Try to make one at home, just mix water + yogurt (1:3) and add some solt. But Bulgarian yogurt is a bit sour and taste different so it may not work with the one on the USA market.

Hayashida
02-11-2011, 10:42 AM
They sell a yogurt drink here called Yop. It's really good. But this is totally of topic, guys. Ramen.

Dark_Deception
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
I opened this thread, and my stomach started growling T.T

Evil_Cake
02-11-2011, 04:12 PM
They sell a yogurt drink here called Yop. It's really good. But this is totally of topic, guys. Ramen.

how would ramen in yop taste

butternut
02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Not so good. I once mixed normal instant noodles in yogurt and it sucked.

Hayashida
02-11-2011, 04:49 PM
how would ramen in yop taste
pretty bad I would imagine.

jubeh
02-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Im eating tempura tonight. Its as cool as ramen is imo.

Hayashida
02-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Guys is it just me or does this ramen have a certain... Dynamism to it?
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/Dokken_2112/1294227009290.jpg

PWhit
02-13-2011, 06:03 PM
It's gourmet ramen. XD

GunZet
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Ramen with tofu in it is pretty great.

SassyTurtles
02-15-2011, 02:44 PM
dammit now I have to make some ramen.

It's like, my lifeblood or something. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up dying of elevated sodium levels thanks to ramen. ._.

Rio
02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
I guess you skipped the post about only putting in half the packet. C:

Speaking of which, I wished they made instant ramen with less sodium. I'd buy it for sure!

GunZet
02-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Ew, half a pack is always nasty to me...I got a few arteries and a bunch of blood to risk still, I'm fine lol.

Does anyone else eat instant ramen dry and straight out the pack? It's great.

Rio
02-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah, ever since I saw a friend do it. It's like eating chips in a way... except less oily.

Hayashida
02-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I've done that before and I think cooking the noodles tastes better

PWhit
02-17-2011, 05:13 PM
I remember crushing up Ramen and eating it like granola bits... good times.

But yeah, it does taste better cooked.

LVUER
02-17-2011, 08:43 PM
If you want to eat dry and uncooked, just buy instant ramen/noodles that created to be eaten dry and uncooked just like potato chips. I don't know if there's any in your local market, but we have some brand here... and surprisingly, it's been around for a long time ago (perhaps more than 20 years), older than brand that make noodles that need to be cooked.

The_Sanda_Panda
02-21-2011, 06:03 PM
i've had ramen in restaurants... and its tasted almost exactly like the instant ramen I've got at home. So as far as going out to eat, ramen is pretty low on my list. But instant ramen, oh boy, i love that stuff! My favorite instant noodles, though, are instant yakisoba thingies like 'UFO.'

Also, I did try Zoe's peanut butter on dried ramen and its actually pretty good.

Hamachi
02-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Next time I stop in Tokyo during a layover I'm gonna try buying myself some restaurant ramen. Food there is expensive as heck though. :(

Ceta
02-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Next time I stop in Tokyo during a layover I'm gonna try buying myself some restaurant ramen. Food there is expensive as heck though. :(
Depends on where you go, really. I just got back from a really good ramen place that cost me roughly $8.00 but had enough to fill me up completely. The noodles were very different from what I'm used to, but it was pretty tasty nonetheless.

Rio
02-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Anyone here try cold ramen?

http://www.aiyah.net/image/05/0805/daikokuya03.jpg

Hayashida
02-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Man, cold ramen? One of the reasons why I like ramen is because it warms you up if you're really cold

Evil_Cake
02-24-2011, 11:43 PM
ya but maybe on a hot su- wait you live in the north nvm

GunZet
02-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Cold ramen? But...doesn't that defeat the purpose? hmmm....curious.

Hayashida
02-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I was just watching an episode of Ranma 1/2 yesterday and they had ordered some chilled ramen, so I guess this is a real thing.

Rio
02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Wow, I'm surprised you guys don't know about cold ramen! :is shocked:
I mean, I personally like ramen to be piping hot but cold ramen is just as filling and not so sweat-inducing during the summer. You guys should at least try it out once if you get the chance.

Evil_Cake
02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
now im imagining a bunch of sweaty people eating ramen

Hayashida
02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Now I imagine a bunch of slightly-fat japanese business men with hairy nostrils sitting at a ramen restaurant eating ramen.

LVUER
02-25-2011, 05:39 PM
What do you call eating cold noodles, that flow through water in bamboo "track"? Somen?

Hayashida
02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
You call that an adventure.
No but srsly, its called nagashi somen or something

Rio
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
:monkey_ramen: :monkey_ramen: :monkey_ramen: :monkey_ramen: :monkey_ramen: :monkey_ramen:

This thread is complete. We now have ramen-eating emoticons.

Hayashida
03-02-2011, 07:36 PM
perfect

Evil_Cake
03-03-2011, 01:21 PM
does that mean we cant post here anymore since the thread is complete

Rio
03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
You can keep posting. Everything else is just the cherry and whip cream on top now so to speak.

Hayashida
03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/Dokken_2112/hayathought.png

Rio
03-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Hmmm.... Maybe it'll be better on dry, uncooked ramen?

Hayashida
03-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Sorry Rio, I'm just not seeing this sort of thing catching on.

Rio
03-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Then explain this:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3r2jxwIzJ1qzflvuo1_500.jpg

GunZet
03-04-2011, 03:07 PM
lsdjgkl;ajlgkldjkLFJSADG
WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFF?!!?

THAT'S HARRIBLE!

Hayashida
03-04-2011, 03:41 PM
That's like a ramen spa, not desert ramen

Rio
03-04-2011, 03:59 PM
It just means that you never know what will catch on and what will not. Who knows, maybe dessert ramen will be the next new thing!

GunZet
03-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Ramen wigs would be the next big thing.

PWhit
03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Im cooking chicken Ramen now, what should I add to it?

Rio
03-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Crack and egg into it and let it cook. Stir it of course. Once the egg is cooked, you can eat. You can also try adding a variety of veggies and meats.

LVUER
03-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Sounds delicious... now I'm hungry (again), you're responsible for this, Rio...

GunZet
03-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Crack and egg into it and let it cook. Stir it of course. Once the egg is cooked, you can eat. You can also try adding a variety of veggies and meats.

My mom sometimes makes big skillets of that with some cheese. It's fking amazing.

PWhit
03-12-2011, 10:26 PM
I know this sounds retarded rio but when would I put in the egg? With the water boiling or without?

GunZet
03-12-2011, 10:33 PM
It's more like a stir fry method I think. When I see my mom make it there's really very little water in it. Just put it in when the noodles are really hot so that the egg cooks.

pajamajam
03-12-2011, 10:55 PM
You put the egg in one minute after you add the noodles to the boiling water, then you stir it really fast. It makes these little ribbons of egg like in egg-drop soup.

GunZet
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
And throw some parmesean and pepper in there too.

Blue_Dragon
03-13-2011, 06:33 AM
I think you should take the chicken out of it and just add the eggs and veggies :P

Peas and carrot are great!

Rio
03-14-2011, 11:10 AM
So how did you end up making your ramen PWhit? What ingredients did you add?

+1 for spices. A bit of spice tastes great! Maaaaan, this is making want some ramen.... :9

Jpg
03-15-2011, 03:32 AM
This shouldn't be a thread it should be an announcement.

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 04:14 PM
ate some instant ramen for the first time in 3, almost 4 years :monkey_ramen:

Hayashida
03-20-2011, 05:18 PM
How was it?

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 05:28 PM
bad I didnt cook them correctly

Hayashida
03-20-2011, 05:31 PM
wow that's gotta suck. First instant ramen after nearly four years and it turned out bad.

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 05:34 PM
yeah plus the store didnt have my favorite flavors

Hayashida
03-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Aw man that makes it even worse :ascii_gloom:
What brand did you get?

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 05:38 PM
the only 1 they have around here is maruchan

Hayashida
03-20-2011, 05:42 PM
I've never had maruchan before.

GunZet
03-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Maruchan is pretty good.

jubeh
03-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Maruchan is all we have in the grocery stores. You have to go to china town to get the good stuff.

Hayashida
03-20-2011, 06:07 PM
We have stuff called Kimchi, Ichiban and those mr. noodles if you can count that.

jubeh
03-21-2011, 12:20 AM
I've been through some financial troubles and basically had to eat ramen for the last month. It was all maruchan.

So my mom goes to chinatown and I'm thinking of course she'll bring the good stuff home.

She doesn't.

Why do I even wake up in the morning?

Hayashida
03-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Why dont you go to china town to get some?

Evil_Cake
03-21-2011, 12:35 AM
what types of maruchan do u get there. i've been searching for picante chicken but they dont seem to have it here anymore

jubeh
03-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Chinatown is an hour trip and I can't drive right now.

As for the flavors of maruchan we have chicken and oriental.

Rio
03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
You should've just asked her to get you some. Put the guilt trip on her if you can and she may just go back for it for ya. :D

Evil_Cake
03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
wtf theres a fly in my ramen

kind of reminds me of zingor

LVUER
03-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Wow, that's a ninja ramen! You should catch the fly with your chopsticks before it lands on your ramen. Talk about challenge!

Hamachi
03-24-2011, 12:09 AM
If I remember correctly, Maruchan was probably the most ramen-like instant ramen I've tasted. It was actually like what was served in restaurants and such.

Ceta
03-30-2011, 11:33 AM
I was watching a program last night and saw a lady that was so in love with ramen that, to her, eating it was the equivalent to having a boyfriend. In the program, various talents would interview/observe people like her for about 24 hours, and it was simply amazing how many restaurants she went to in order to eat ramen in that 24 hour time-span. As she ate, she would talk about how things like the flavor and her ways of eating it made it like being in a relationship. (For instance, the first sip of one kind of ramen was much like a first kiss that you could experience over and over again.) To top it all off, no matter the size of the ramen, she was able to finish eating all of it.

The most amazing part about all of it is that, despite her age (although it wasn't said, I estimate she's between 36-38 years old) and eating habits, she's quite attractive so it's very hard to believe that she's single.

jubeh
03-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Sounds like an awesome lady

GunZet
03-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Noodle belly.

LVUER
03-30-2011, 08:26 PM
It's not hard to believe she's still single. She prefer to kiss ramen than a man -_-

Hayashida
03-30-2011, 08:50 PM
I wonder what she would think of the Ramen Ranger. Some say he's half man, half ramen, and that he's made an entire planet out of felt.

jubeh
03-30-2011, 08:51 PM
I would prefer to kiss ramen over a man

LVUER
03-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, I prefer to kiss a girl than ramen... or a man.

Evil_Cake
03-30-2011, 10:36 PM
but u can cook ramen to the perfect tenderness

jubeh
03-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Ramen will never break your heart. Ramen will never dump you because you like voltron and live with your mom.

Ceta
03-30-2011, 11:28 PM
:monkey_lessee:

LVUER
03-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Wait, how do you know how I live right now? Are you a psychic? Scary...

Ceta
03-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Who needs psychic powers when it's just so obvious?

jubeh
03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
Burn

Psy
03-31-2011, 12:31 AM
I dont know if this has been thrown out there but i remember seeing this a while ago
http://www.therealcollegeguide.com/simplesteps/college_student_wish_list/images/slide4_large.jpg
(assuming this is the right one) its suposed to be a cook book for college kids who have very little money to work with and eat instant ramen 24/7.

LVUER
03-31-2011, 12:39 AM
You'll die if you eat ramen 24/7, seriously.

Psy
03-31-2011, 12:40 AM
The author has a bunch of 101 cook book things on diffrent foods. I doubt youd die if you are getting your daily nutitional value in every meal.

http://myfoodlooksfunny.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/funny-food-photos-midday-snack-high-possibility-for-injury.jpg
Just found this and thought itd go well here.

Rio
04-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Whoa! I didn't know those existed... now I gotta try and find them irl. :3

Psy
04-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Sold only at Universal Studios Japan. The faces are the naruto from regular ramen.
http://en.gigazine.net/index.php?/news/comments/20081105_spider_men_review/

PWhit
04-04-2011, 08:14 PM
"Spider-man, Spider-man now in your favorite Ramen can..."

I had some chicken ramen with chicken bits and carrots.... soo goood....