PDA

View Full Version : 2 Rebellions in less than one month!

Yara
01-28-2011, 12:31 PM
WOWW!!

IT'S ALL AWESOME!! >8D

In Tunisia, there was a rebellion and now they are forming their new government.
In Egypt, today the rebellion reached its peak. Some members of the army and police joined the crowed (the same happened in Tunisia). I clapped my hands when I heard that on the news =D

What a lesson for those leaders and any one thinks to be like them! >=D *evil laughter*

I know, I know.. Maybe it's not something you care about. I mean, the Middle East and Arab world have a lot of problems, and you don't live there.. but I'm really so glad! XD

*continues watching TV*

Hayashida
01-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I was watching some of the rioting on Al Jazeera.
You can watch it live here:
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Sylux
01-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Now we just need one here in the states. C'mon, Partnership for a Job-Free America!
http://punk101.webs.com/punk-rocker.gif

Bacon_Barbarian
01-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Tunisia's sounded justified to me, but I haven't heard any reports on the Egypt one. Haven't been listening to the news much this week. (Is all over Yahoo though. Should probably turn on NPR.)

Also, there was another four. See, there was this fucked up man down in Tuscon who thought it was OK to shoot a Congressman. Also in Haiti. Sort of. When Baby Doc came back? You here about that?

Hayashida
01-28-2011, 03:44 PM
What did the Egyptian prez do exactly? All I heard was that he blocked social networking sites or sumthin but that was cos of the riots

Bacon_Barbarian
01-28-2011, 03:52 PM
He's been in power for a really long time. And it isn't really a democracy, and the Egyptians want one. Or so I've gathered. (Also his Son could be the next prez.) So yeah.

Yara
01-28-2011, 05:40 PM
@Hayashida: Thanks for the link ^_^ That's helpful.

People rebelled because their rights were swallowed up and their money had been theft. There is corruption and the solution was to riot. Youth and graduates can't find jobs and thousands of PhD holders can't find jobs too. People had enough of suffering. I feel I want to run with them and shout.

@Sylex: No man, you don't need to rebel really. Keep your country in peace, Sylex.. hehe ^^

@Bacon: I've heard about the one in Haiti. I still don't understand why can't UN help people in an efficient way. Didn't they hear about sustainability? and yeah, he wanted his son to be the president. Some people said jokes about that.

Updates: The president has just spoken and said that he'll change the government minister/s. I don't think this will make the Egyptians shut up; they are BOILING!

LVUER
01-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I also heard from the news that Egypt president have been in power for more than 30 years. And not to mention there's lots of corruption and alike in the government. High unemployment rate and poverty. Global financial crisis. Well, all of that is enough to start one rebellion or two...

Rio
01-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Most of the news have been focused on Egypt but I hear there is unrest in Yemen and Jordan as well. Gas prices have shot up too and I bet more unrest will happen in other parts of the world if governments don't take care.

Delphinus
01-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Now we just need one here in the states. C'mon, Partnership for a Job-Free America!
You realise the most likely revolution in America at the moment is a theocratic one?

pajamajam
01-29-2011, 10:44 PM
There's a pretty retarded one happening in Kansas right now. I hope Brownback gets eaten by landsharks.

Yara
01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
It seems there is a rebellion virus flu around the world, hehe! =)

They Egyptian government tried to stop Aljazeera Arabic stream but it moved to another frequency.
It's good to see some of MTs aware of politics ^^

Man, I need to educate myself about manga and anime.

toast
01-30-2011, 05:10 PM
I was talking to my dad about this and I asked him if he thinks the riot will change anything, and he doesn't believe it will change Egypt for the good, considering the Muslim Brotherhood is getting involved in this and a whole bunch of shit. He compared this riot with the Islamic one in 1979

I searched around and found this if you want to read more:
http://clancop.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/riot-like-its-1979-there-will-not-be-democracy-in-egypt/

Yara
01-31-2011, 12:17 PM
I read the article and watched the video.

There was a bunch of stuff that I wanted to say, but not saying them is better.

While I was working on this reply, I write a sentence but another one comes across my head. If I continued, I would have a long deep (with evidence) political reply. That would made me unsafe.

Anyway, not everything people say on the Internet is true.. even what I say, anyone reads it has the right not to believe it.

Something that I couldn't resist to mention: The government of the "so-called" Islamic Republic Iran and the "so-called" Hezbollah are worse than Israel. I won't say another word about this no matter what.

Toast, I really appreciate what you mentioned and I do not blame you, the person who wrote the article, or even the people who were in the video for having those ideas about the Middle East. Please don't take what I said above personally =$

Kodos
01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Yes, Yara, Iran and Hezbollah are guilty of genocide.

Oh, wait, no they're not.

Israel is evil, wretched, and along with America the second greatest threat to the continued existence of the human race.

Bacon_Barbarian
01-31-2011, 05:33 PM
... It is like 1979. Egypt just has a greater chance of actually becoming a Republic. Im not really sure all these revolutions are a good thing. Heck, Egypt is our (Americas) second biggest ally in the Middle East, America's sort of supported Mubarak. Hell, we got Egypt sign the Camp David Accords, and Mubarak's kept to it. When he leaves Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood will come out on top... Which is interesting, since Egypt has OUTLAWED the Muslim Brotherhood.

Whatever happens, Egypt will change.

Kodos: Israel? You mean the 51st State of America? :P

Yara
01-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Good to see Kodos here ^_^

There is a poll on al-jazeera Arabic website. I tried to find the English version of it, but there wasn't =/
Anyway,

Do you think the Egyptian pattern will be repeated in other Arabic countries?
91.6% Yes
8.4% No

Another one was about Tunis but the result a slightly different than this one. I guess after Egypt's riot people tend to have more confidence and courage; that's why there was a difference.

Do you think the other Arabic nations will repeat the Tunisian pattern?
89.0% Yes
11.0% No

That doesn't sound good for US and a lot of countries.. definitely not.

Kodos
02-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Kodos: Israel? You mean the 51st State of America? :P
No. America is Israel's bitch, not the other way around. They are not our puppet, we are theirs.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-01-2011, 08:32 AM
... Hmmm? What makes you say so? (Though, I guess I can sort of see where your coming from.)

PWhit
02-02-2011, 10:22 AM
No. America is Israel's bitch, not the other way around. They are not our puppet, we are theirs.

Aryan Nations? Even if your not part of it, you sound like you'd be pretty close to it.

I would have a good reason to believe that Islam is going to probably be a large part of Egypt's rebellion. If they elect a new president, the will most likely be muslim. That is when the rest of the world will worry about Egypt's circumstance, as the entire world fears another Islamic Caliphate. For now, we can only hope the protest takes a peaceful turnaround.

Yara
02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't that Kodos is from the ME or even Aryan Nations.

Mubarak is Muslim and he's... ehm =S

Well, it's not what the background, richness, religion, ideology, culture, presidential quality, etc of the next president is; it's how his relation with US & Isreal is.

PWhit
02-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Well played Yara.

Delphinus
02-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Aryan Nations? Even if your not part of it, you sound like you'd be pretty close to it.
...this is even more offensive to Kodos than it would be to most people, you realise?

PWhit
02-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I didn't mean or try to be offensive, I was just curious because it is very similar to what they preach.

Delphinus
02-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Somehow I don't think Kodos believes in an international Jewish conspiracy, though. :P

PWhit
02-02-2011, 01:13 PM
I would hope not either. I don't want flame wars on this thread because of any misinformation.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-02-2011, 02:24 PM
... Of course the next Egyptian Prez. will be a Muslim. And guess what? It's not a problem. Mubarak's a muslim and Egypt is one of our few allies in the Middle East. As for the protests, they are being peaceful. The Egyptian Military is on the same side as the civilians. The only person who could be (or should be, I should say) harmed is Mubarak, and I'm doubtful of even that happening. (Not due to lack of trying though.)

PWhit
02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
There are many Christian people in Egypt. There is a probability of a Christian president. I have been getting reports of looting, rioting, tanks arriving at the Pyramids of Giza, destruction of an Ancient Egyptian section of a museum. Though the protesters may not be to blame, it so happens that these people who did this are part of or for the protest. This seems very disconcerting, but this isn't to say the other protesters are destructive. I agree Mubarak is a tryant who should be removed from power as quickly as possible.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-02-2011, 04:45 PM
There may be Christians in Egypt, but... IDK, it's unlikely. And I've heard nothing of looting. But I haven't listened to the news today, so there you go.

EDIT: So 3 people died. Yeah. :/

Rio
02-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Seems like there a showdown between the anti and pro-Mubarak people today. It's getting dicier every day....

Sylux
02-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I don't like the Egyptians right about now. Apparently Mubarak simply wasn't Islamic enough for them, and now they're trying to become another Iran. This is one of the triggers to the end of the world, which will come from the Wahhabi world.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-03-2011, 05:50 PM
... Bull fucking shit. He's horrible about human rights and a dictator. (And, laughably, one America, the country you and I live in, likes.) Thats why they want him out! Have you not heard the stories? Civilians were getting killed by the cops all the time. It is true that he is ... tame in his religious belief, but most people, Muslims included, are. And don't forget, that while Egypt is by and large a Muslim country, it does in fact have a sizeable Christian population.

Just get your prejudice our of here.

LVUER
02-03-2011, 08:23 PM
What I'm afraid right now is the chain reaction of this Egypt rebellion. Lots of other Arabic country would probably soon follow the same step. The problem is... my country could too... at least the probability is there... And if it's happen, majority people here really like to take it out on minority people here. You know, racial things...

Rio
02-03-2011, 08:33 PM
There will only be a rebellion if there is unrest and a general dislike of the status quo. Is there a general feeling of unrest in your country LVUER? If not, then you guys should be fine regardless of what's happening in the Middle East.

LVUER
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Though not related to what happened in Middle East, yes, people here are very unsatisfied with the government. Corruption is deep-rooted, inflation and price soaring high, rarity of gas/oil or other resources alike, poverty, and so on...

Rio
02-03-2011, 08:48 PM
That doesn't sound good. Dude, I hope you have a plan if anything goes down in your country! I mean, generally, it gets more violent, food will become more scarce, looting will abound, and yeah - you're pretty much gonna have a rough time.

LVUER
02-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I know, it have happened several times before (in varying degree)... that's why I'm very worried... lots of people died... no, massacred.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Egypt wont spark a chain. It's part of a chain. Tunisia blew first, and Yemen may be next. Who here is betting on a civil war in Egypt? I know my Dad is, but I think he's wrong.

I HOPE he's wrong.

Yara
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Yep, I don't think there will be a civil war unless someone else is behind it. US or Israel aren't the only one who can be behind it btw.

Maybe Sylux said something that isn't correct, but we can't blame him because it's the media mistake. The media is controlled by governments, governments follow what US says. US does what US and Israel want (I'm a bit unsure of the last sentence)

I still don't know why Israel doesn't do all the stuff it wants instead of demanding US? Israel isnt' a weak country!

Saith
02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Israel is evil, wretched, and along with America the second greatest threat to the continued existence of the human race.

I think I just became a Kodos fanboy.
(Psst hating Israel =/= hating Jews)

Bacon_Barbarian
02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Yep, I don't think there will be a civil war unless someone else is behind it. US or Israel aren't the only one who can be behind it btw.
Oh, it could those Mubarak supporters? Even if they aren't civilians, they exist. Did you see the crap they did? The rest of the world doesn't need to get involved

Maybe Sylux said something that isn't correct, but we can't blame him because it's the media mistake. The media is controlled by governments, governments follow what US says. US does what US and Israel want (I'm a bit unsure of the last sentence)
No, we can blame him. He's posted such things before back on the old forums. It isn't the media, it's his upbringing.

I still don't know why Israel doesn't do all the stuff it wants instead of demanding US? Israel isnt' a weak country!
So it doesn't take the blame.

Yara
02-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Sorry guys, I've just noticed your posts..

(Psst hating Israel =/= hating Jews)
Totally agree =)

Well played Yara.
Thank you.. I've been playing football since I was a kid, hehe ;P

Some members of the army and police joined the crowed (the same happened in Tunisia). I clapped my hands when I heard that on the news =D
Man! the news were not accurate about the army; the army didn't join any side. Egyptians and Aljazeera prejudged the army because what happened in Egypt was very similar to the Tunisian riot at the beginning.

Media I'm listening to nowadays:
- Aljazeera Arabic (There is no signal sometimes because of the political pressure on Nilesat to stop the stream, but other Arabic channels are supporting by "adopting"/ steaming Aljazeera's steam.. hehe, unstoppable! XD )
- Aljazeera English (We watch it sometimes)
- OTV Egypt (a lot of lies)
- A few Iranian news channels (no comment >_>")
- A few Western news channels (Watched them two or three times, because in the meanwhile I have no time, but whenever there is something very important happens in the world and I have time, I watch them too. Not fair to have one source of news; always listen to the other side (That's what I follow).. And then make your own decision. Even if a friend (same country, background, religion, culture, etc..) and I listen to the same news channels, each one of us will still have her own point of view. That's normal and nothing is wrong with that. )

Back to the riot:

In the Jum'ah Preach, the preacher said that the ethics of Islam and Jesus appeared (had been shown up) in those protestors. I heard him on TV but forgot the exact wording, so I searched for the exact quoting, but I didn't find any.

Christians prayed in the Liberation Square without any disturbance. So what is the phobia (regardless of the phobia type) that the media is spreading? To be fair, US isn't the only one who's spreading phobia; others are doing it too but they spread another type of phobia that is different than the Western's version. It's all about politics.

In addition, it's not an Islamic Brotherhood or a foreign agenda to take over Egypt as a Western and OTV Egyptian Channel are saying. In my opinion, Islamic Brotherhood will be good as ministers but not as leaders. They are wise and canny but they don't have diplomatic skills and this is because Mubarak didn't give them the chance to practice them. Elbaradei is good as a leader. He's a good diplomatic person, but not canny enough - For ME politics, a high level of canniness is required because there are complicated and sensitive problems around in ME and the Arab World. I don't know if the Egyptians have other choices or not, but time will show what happens at the end.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Wait, who ever said that the Egyptian Army took a side? They've just been peace-keeping. (HA!) The police are the ones taking a side. (The Mubarak side.)

Delphinus
02-05-2011, 07:26 AM
The media is controlled by governments, governments follow what US says.
That's either a paranoid schizophrenic, an extreme right-wing, or a Marxist perspective: I don't know, I'm increasingly having trouble telling them apart. The media is not controlled by the government in most western countries, directly or indirectly; it's controlled by that most elegant and beautiful of abstractions from reality: money. The media will produce what sells in a capitalist economy, which isn't what the government want to hear persay - it's what the vast majority of people want to hear and know. That's why newspapers are packed with brutal murders and child abuse (which, although tragic, aren't really of importance to anyone). It sells. Death and tragedy sell. They distract people from the tedious realities of everyday life and let them say: "Well, at least I don't have it as bad as this guy." They do not need to face the problems that confront them in their daily lives when they tune into the depths of the television or the Xbox or the newspaper. Escapism is the drug of the people.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Not counting NPR.

PWhit
02-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a question. So... now what is on this mob's agenda? Beat up everything they see? Well now they're beating up reporters from any nation and other foreigners are fleeing the streets in fear of being beaten to death. Why are they beating up other third party people? I'm not so sure, but it's absolutely unacceptable.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-05-2011, 03:23 PM
*shrugs*

It's the Mubarak reporters who are going after everyone. The people who want a new leader are just defending themleves.

PWhit
02-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Okay, just making sure.

butternut
02-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Some of the non-Mubarak supporters are helping the third-party reporters to get out of the country, or at least keep them safe.

Yara
02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
@Delphinus: You're wise enough for your age.. teenagers aren't usually ;P well, I only meant the political stuff on the news

Something a guy who worked with Mubarak for 18 years said that Mubarak is a highly selfish guy. He doesn't care if the whole country burns.
I think Mubarak knows that he lost, but he wants people to suffer and lose. It's like he's saying: "I lose, everybody lose"

Youtube supporters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCIpHdjWxr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwDEd3zdTN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7cJ3QBNu-I

Delphinus
02-06-2011, 06:36 PM
@Delphinus: You're wise enough for your age.. teenagers aren't usually ;P well, I only meant the political stuff on the news.
Being wise sounds like a good thing, but try having the only people around you seem eye-rollingly dumb in everyday matters...

Back on topic: Even if all of Egypt burns, Mubarak will probably still end up out of power. If he goes too insane, for example, there's always the UN peacekeeping forces. Who will be arriving rather too late to change the course of history, but at least they can't make matters any worse. It's nice to see the UN doing something for once. (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=37469&Cr=egypt&Cr1=)

LVUER
02-06-2011, 08:13 PM
If I have even only 0.001% of his total wealth, I will never have to work again for my whole life. That's how rich he is... and I doubt he could gain that amount of money with legitimate and clean ways.

PWhit
02-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Egypt is part of the OPEC nations, so a part of it may have to do with that.

LVUER
02-06-2011, 08:48 PM
But the nations' rich income shouldn't enter the president's personal pocket. No matter how rich a country is, if he's a president, he shouldn't become so stinking rich (unless he's a king or sultan).

PWhit
02-06-2011, 08:50 PM
He was a dictator more than a president really, so he just simply imposed a high tax on the people's GDP and pocketed it.

LVUER
02-06-2011, 09:05 PM
So in the end, he just a corrupts leader, right? I don't know why he still wants in power after such turmoil. Why don't he just pack all his money, and move away to far away place... spending all his dirty money, perhaps in castle of gold.

Kodos
02-07-2011, 09:50 AM
I wandered off and just came back to this thread and re-skimmed it. Noticed this, felt compelled to reply.

I hate Israel because I hate evil apartheid theocracies which frequently violate international laws, engage in genocide and war crimes.

Israel is a de facto Jewish theocracy, but it is not the entirety of Judaism. I myself am an 'ethnic' Jew and I know several practicing Jews who hate Israel just as much as I do.

So please show me how my hatred of Israel makes me a white supremacist.

I would have a good reason to believe that Islam is going to probably be a large part of Egypt's rebellion. If they elect a new president, the will most likely be muslim. That is when the rest of the world will worry about Egypt's circumstance, as the entire world fears another Islamic Caliphate.
First of all the entire world does not fear another caliphate - just paranoid conservatives with warped views of history. Second, caliphate is a uniquely Islamic term. Saying 'Islamic caliphate' is like saying 'Muslim mosque' or 'Jewish synagogue'. The term refers to a distinctly and uniquely Islamic concept.

It is also a concept you clearly do not understand since the existence of a caliphate is not in and of itself a positive or negative thing (although, I suppose, from an Islamic point of view it's probably a positive thing).

Anyway, more on topic gonna echo what Yara, I think, and some other said - Al-Jazeera English is p. awesome.

EDIT: To reflect the focus on Egypt I suggest the thread title be changed to one of the following. They are all names for the ongoing events.
Camel Calamity, Pyramid Panic, Desert Dilemma, Nile Denial, Pharoah Fear, Tutt Rebut, Isis Crisis, Tutakhamen Armageddon, Sahara beware-ah.

Saith
02-07-2011, 10:43 AM
How about just De Nile?

Kodos
02-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Because that's half-assed and uninspired. Saith, we are naming a revolution here, you can try and show a bit more enthusiasm. Jeez.

Saith
02-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Mummy... Madness?

Whatever, I just know that I'm gonna be pissed off if no one dresses up as Moses.

Evil_Cake
02-07-2011, 12:28 PM
just go with the sahara 1

Sylux
02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
I have decided to stop hating everything except skeletons zombies creepers and spiders in darkness so disregard what I said I suck cox communication hahahaha

Yara
02-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I myself am an 'ethnic' Jew
He's not aethist, Yara! >_<" *facepalm*

@Sylux: Good, Good! =)

My Egyptian friend posted this:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2jg5qns.jpg
"The league of Egyptian carpenters
ask the boss
Mubarak
about the glue he's using"

http://i53.tinypic.com/153b8nk.jpg
"LEAVE
I miss my wife
married 20 days ago"

They didn't lose the sense of humor =D

EDIT: Tutankhamen Armageddon sounds good. But we'll change "Tutankhamen" to "The Pharaoh".. who knows? maybe Tut doesn't want his name to be taken by Mubarak ;P

PWhit
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
From breaking news, I see that Mubarak is saying he will serve his last term dignity and leave. THe protesting is being appeased by a raise in the public service sector (banks, hospitals, waste disposal, etc.) by 15&#37;. Egyptian protesters are still not letting up their revolution in fear that Mubarak will just as easily repeal everything. Many of the foreigners and third party say the protecting has gone on far long than enough.

My opinion: Hold Mubarak's feet to the fire as well as the other guy next in line to make sure the protesting wasn't done in vein.

Yara
02-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Thank you guys for participating and sharing thoughts in this thread, but I have to stop due to some personal safety issues (Arrrggh! DX)
Surely you can continue.. I'll be reading the post and hopefully swallow what I want to say x_x"

Sylux
02-09-2011, 01:47 PM
There was nothing fucking special about Tutankhamen other than the fact that his tomb is the only unlooted pharoh chamber we've found thus far. Ramses II is where it be at, yo.

Evil_Cake
02-09-2011, 02:54 PM
no he was pretty special or at least his dad was

Yara
02-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Bye Bye Mubarak =)
and Bye Bye for this thread too ;)
No need to go deeper in what will happen next.

Thanks to all members who participated and read this thread.. and for every person knew -at least- about the riot.
All the best to all

Hayashida
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Huh? I was just looking at todays newspaper and it said he was refusing to step down. did he just change his mind?

PWhit
02-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I read that he is planning to translate the power to the vice president. It would look like he is going to finish his term and just have his agenda in another person's hands. So in a way, he is stepping down to continue his reign through another person.

Delphinus
02-11-2011, 06:28 PM
He's stepping down. It was announced like an hour ago. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12433045)

Yara
02-11-2011, 06:30 PM
@Haya: I think yes; he changed his mind.
http://english.aljazeera.net/
^ I was a surprised of how their main page looks like

People are celebrating as if there was a football match or something! 8D
Man! I said earlier that I'll shaddup Dx I just can't sometimes >_>"

angel_dreamer13
02-11-2011, 06:34 PM
yeah he's stepping down, everyone is out partying in the streets with flags everywhere.

Hayashida
02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Cool

Sylux
02-15-2011, 01:59 PM
yall late his vice pres is stepping in

LVUER
02-15-2011, 07:16 PM
And now it's Iran, huh?

Hamachi
02-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Um, I'm all for the overthrow of evil tyrants and all that. But I think the people have to ask themselves one or two important questions:

What happens when the dictator's down? What's to keep everyone united once there's no common enemy left?

Rio
02-16-2011, 11:11 PM
You got that right! I mean, they could just as easily be overtaken by another dictator if they're not careful. :\

Delphinus
02-17-2011, 05:05 AM
You say that like a dictator is necessarily bad. Egypt might need some sort of strong leader to head up the reformation - and if they step down at the elections, why not?

Yara
02-17-2011, 01:08 PM
The fear in Egypt and Tunisia is that they are afraid of having forigne hands that try to "shape" both countries the way they like.
In Iran.. hehehe XD you just had to listen to the propaganda on IranianTV!! They were saying that the Egyptian rebellion is like Iranian Islamic rebellion <-- A BIG LIE.. Did they forget the riot that took a month after re-elected Nijad?
Iranians were aware enough not to believe the TV lies.. thumbs up for them =)

To be honest, I didn't expect the chain of riots to go this fast in the neighboring countries.. I even thought that they will be shutted up easily.
However, and and important info is that the only non-publical riot is the one happening now in Bahrain. It's PURE POLITICS RIOT and we know very well who's behind it >=)

EDIT: Before you say anything, know the level of press freedom you have in your country. All governments watch what their people are typing on the internet. Watch what you're saying to stay safe. There is no kidding or excuses when it comes to saying something sensitive in politics.

Aether
02-20-2011, 03:02 AM
I feel like starting a rebellion.

Hayashida
02-20-2011, 03:09 AM
So are you gonna sit around talking about it or are you actually gonna go do it.

Aether
02-20-2011, 04:41 AM
Maybe I'll do it later.

Yara
02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Aether is rebellious by nature =P

There is a CRAZY one in Libya.. their president is using anti-aircraft and helicopters to bomb people!! O_O"
Communication (wired/ unwired) is cut and Libyan ambassadors in China, UK, Poland, and some other countries resigned.