PDA

View Full Version : Album Artwork for a Metal Band

Vithor-Duardes
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
I was talking with my band, we had the idea of ​​creating 3 CDs that tell a story, respectively:
1 - would be be about a great darkness that curses this world; :cat_evil:
2 - would be about a legend about a light that emerged when darkness has taken over the world; :cat_right:
3 - would be about a great battle between angels and demons (basically, the Apocalypse, described in the Bible). :cat_wahaha:

We already had the idea of how the pictures could be, but we do not have anyone to draw them, could someone help us?

(If anyone wants to help us, I will send the ideas we had by private messages) :cat_thumbsup:

ClockHand
03-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Payment?

Sylux
03-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Give me money and I will give you brutality

Vithor-Duardes
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
no, no payment, no money, cash, nothing...
If someone could help us, i will just say " thanks "...
someone who have nothing to do, and just want to help a brazilian guy that is making a heavy metal band

ClockHand
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM
then lets wait for the white knight to appear.

Vithor-Duardes
03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
yah... i kown.... :\

nextweek
03-16-2013, 02:57 PM
If you're looking to make an album (especially three), wouldn't artwork be considered an expenditure already? I mean a few serious shows played could rake up the cash needed for some artwork. Studio time ain't cheap either...charged by the hour in most cases.

As a suggestion, usually it's a better idea to get some cash from shows than to waste money on a CD right up front. (I only assume you haven't played many shows since you said 'you're making a heavy metal band') You godda know what works and not in front of an audience before you try and sell them a CD.

Sylux
03-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Don't expect any artists who have any self-respect to do this free of charge. I used to be in a band, as well, I know how bloody expensive studio time is. It can cost up to $500 per song.

Vithor-Duardes
03-18-2013, 10:24 AM
we have the musics recorded, we record our songs in our garage, with our equipment, simple as that, and it was good, we have played in some gigs, and now we're trying to launch one CD. all i'm trying to do is, get a artwork for the front of the CD. ( and try to don't spend money with that : p ) but, if i need to spend money, i'll do this, ( i just don't known how to pay someone in the internet. )

Sylux
03-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Paypal usually works well for simple transactions

theAnimeRebel
03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
*The white knight rides in*

I'd be willing to help you guys out for free, no joke. And I won't sue you or anything. Let me know if you still need someone and I can sketch up a few ideas to send you.

Do you want a more "techy" lookin' feel or something that's "conceptual/surreal"

The only rights I would ask to reserve is for the use of them to show in my 4-H project, xD

(@Sylux--- don't yell at me, it's a frickin' garage band!)

Sylux
03-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Man I was in a band once I know how it works

Vithor-Duardes
03-21-2013, 09:03 AM
All right White Knight, i still need the help, you can use the sketches in your project too, we will put your name in the cd when we launch it.

Let's talk by Private Messages.