http://www.clipstudio.net/
free trial version....
basically 64 bit paint tool sai with a lot more functionality

Rio
01-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Looks awesome!

Ceta
01-11-2013, 06:16 AM
I've seen this many times before, but they never had a version for the Mac. Now that they have one available, I'm seriously considering getting a copy especially with the value plan the have. Although I'd be paying for it for about two-and-a-half years since the monthly cost is so low (currently looking at the EX version, in case you're wondering), I'd be saving quite a bit in the long run compared to buying it from a retail store or picking up the full package in one go. Got a lot of things I need to pay off first and lately I've had very little time for drawing anything on the computer, so I think I'll wait a bit on this.

If anyone decides to pick up a copy, please write a review of it. I'm very curious to hear how it is.

doghateburger
01-11-2013, 06:44 AM
How much is it? Ive found an eng patch for it so if the price is right I might get this first for line work while saving up for CS6 :B

Ceta
01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
The prices were listed on the right side of the front page, but here's what everything says:

>>If you want to draw manga EX

Value Edition/Month
500円(plus tax) x32 months
Download Edition
22,000円(plus tax)

>>If you want to draw illustrations PRO

Value Edition/Month
500円(plus tax) x8 months
Download Edition
5,000円(plus tax)
Bundle Edition (purchase includes Tab-Mate Controller)
8,925円(plus tax)

I don't know what the prices are in your country, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Since the site is only in Japanese, I don't know if you'll have any problems purchasing a copy. Here's hoping you don't.

Sylux
01-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Maaaaan who buys software anymore you guys all hurt my feelings with this stuff

Ceta
01-14-2013, 12:28 AM
If the product is affordable, I don't see why not. Besides, in this case, a 500 yen per month payment plan which will get you a pretty good discount in the end is definitely worth the consideration in my opinion.

doghateburger
01-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Maaaaan who buys software anymore you guys all hurt my feelings with this stuff

If thats the case, then when you make a game, why should people buy it? why not just download it? :P

Sylux
01-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Well it's like the Frictional Games's Amnesia thing.

"... sales gets us to 1 360 000 units in total, which can be called the optimistic figure. This means that, optimistically speaking, Amnesia has sold almost 1.4 million units! This reasoning is not strictly speaking invalid, but I think that one should not really count anyone that bought the bundle and already owned Amnesia as a proper unit. A slightly pessimistic guess (not far from reality I think) is that 2/3 of every bundle and pack buyer already owned Amnesia. This gives us about 920 000 units in total, pessimistically speaking. So saying that we have sold a million units seems fair. Wait... a million units! Oh shit!!

Also worth noting that our Penumbra games are still going on at the same rate that they always have. They are still selling about the same numbers (a little more actually) as they did three years ago. This totals to about 900 units per month. Taking all sales together is more than enough to support the company, financing A Machine For Pigs (more on that later) and having some left over. This means that we are in a very good position and aim to use it to take more risk and try out new things (more on this later).

I think we have never disclosed how much we Amnesia cost to make, so might as well do that here. The (exactly) three years of development cost a total of 360 000 US Dollars. It has since earned more than ten times that. Take that investors we talked to in 2009!

It has been over a year since we even thought about piracy. With sales as good as above we cannot really see this as an issue worth more than two lines in this post, so screw it."

Once Jaittaceti is as successful as that, I don't think it will matter much to me either. Plus, every game I like I buy. I pirated Mass Effects 1 and 2. I pirated Portal 2. I pirated Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Bought 'em all on Steam cuz I loved 'em so much.

apples13
01-16-2013, 01:53 PM
should the comments above be deleted? this forum does not promote piracy

It is worth the money for the pro version.
i was drawing on a 50000x50000 canvas with 1200 dpi
There are also lots of cool stamps and materials to use like 3d references.
You can also make brushes just like in photoshop and the vector drawing tools are much more friendly.

Rubisko
01-16-2013, 02:21 PM
you do realize dimensions like those would output a file at a size around 7 gigabyte right? Even if you managed to run that I doubt the reason would be the software

apples13
01-16-2013, 02:42 PM
you do realize dimensions like those would output a file at a size around 7 gigabyte right? Even if you managed to run that I doubt the reason would be the software

sai does not allow to go nearly that high.
The fact is that it allows you to go that high if you wanted to.

Rio
01-16-2013, 04:46 PM
sai does not allow to go nearly that high.
The fact is that it allows you to go that high if you wanted to.And still run without any freezing or crawling I assume?

Rubisko, performance is also another factor. If a software that you're using slows down because of high dimensions and the like, it's a con in my opinion because if you were to consistently make images with those high specs, you're basically wasting time waiting for the computer to register your strokes, save, or show itself properly on screen when you navigate from one side of your work to another.

Think of it this way: it's best to use something that you know can scale up to higher-performance use than to use something that eventually, you'll replace later on (waste of money and time learning the new software).

@ apples
Admission of piracy is not the same as linking to pirated stuff so I've let Sy off the hook.

Sylux
01-16-2013, 07:29 PM
In photoshop, your stokes can be converted into smart objects so you can work in say 1k resolution and then bump it up to 4k res and it'll render your strokes perfectly with added crispness. It's similar to how 2k and 4k texture mods for computer games are made.

apples13
01-17-2013, 11:33 PM
And still run without any freezing or crawling I assume?

Rubisko, performance is also another factor. If a software that you're using slows down because of high dimensions and the like, it's a con in my opinion because if you were to consistently make images with those high specs, you're basically wasting time waiting for the computer to register your strokes, save, or show itself properly on screen when you navigate from one side of your work to another.

Think of it this way: it's best to use something that you know can scale up to higher-performance use than to use something that eventually, you'll replace later on (waste of money and time learning the new software).

@ apples
Admission of piracy is not the same as linking to pirated stuff so I've let Sy off the hook.

I thought the program still worked fairly smoothly even at such a high rez

Ceta
01-24-2013, 05:07 AM
In photoshop, your stokes can be converted into smart objects so you can work in say 1k resolution and then bump it up to 4k res and it'll render your strokes perfectly with added crispness. It's similar to how 2k and 4k texture mods for computer games are made.
I don't know about the newer versions of Photoshop but, to my knowledge, the older versions don't have this capability.

I thought the program still worked fairly smoothly even at such a high rez
Depends on how good your computer is. The standard consumer will most likely face severe lag or having the program crash as a result of the hardware being insufficient. I think even some professional grade machines might have a problem with this unless you've beefed up the insides of your computer. While the software will allow you to open a file of that size, your machine may not work properly after a certain point due to the program eating up all of the computer's resources.

ChillerThanMost
04-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Iam having issues buying the "Gold" so i can buy a digital copy of the program. I live in Canada but when it comes time to type in my Credit info it is only accepting a Japan postal code. Anyone else have this issue or have a idea on how to solve it?

Rio
04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Hmmm... I've looked around a bit and it seems like folks from outside of Japan were able to get a hold of it. One mentioned (http://daunt.tumblr.com/post/32928934110/downloading-translating-a-copy-of-clip-studio-paint) they specifically got it through the Clip Store (http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/tool/items/cspp_plan). Let me know how it goes. I may purchase it sometime in the distant future...

Oh yeah, once you get it, you can apparently get an English translation for it here (http://sai.detstwo.com/forum/index.php/topic,2001.0.html). Pretty sweet.