PDA

View Full Version : iOS Games Thread (I guess android too)

jubeh
12-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Remaking this thread because I need more games to play.

Currently playing:
Outwitters -- Totally awesome you should play with me
Disc Drivin' -- Cool little racing game where you flick a disc around a race track.
Oddbot -- Not really a game. More of a distraction but I find myself coming back to it.
Ascension -- Deck building game like dominion. Cool theme.
Scrabble -- What you'd expect except people wait years to make their moves and are probably using online word finders anyway.

Also various baseball games. Haven't found one I truly like, though.

Matt
12-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Sword and Sworcery is pretty good for both Android and iOS.

WordHero is pretty cool. It's essentially online Boggle. I don't think it's on iOS, unfortunately.

World of Goo, too. For Android and iOS.

Kodos
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Mage Gauntlet is fantastic, funny, and a shitton of fun. It's a goon-made homage to games like Zelda and Secret of Mana, although it's more linear than the former and I have never played the latter so I can't comment on how close the two are.

There's a spin-off in the works which will be a dungeon-crawler with rogue-like elements but the same core gameplay, and also a genuine sequel in the works. Highly recommend it. 10/10 would play again.

Ceta
12-25-2012, 08:55 AM
If you don't mind paying a bit (and haven't played it yet), Chaos Rings is fun. The Infinity Blade games are also pretty good. I'd give more recommendations, but the pretty much all the other games I have are not available in English.

GunZet
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Infinity Blade
Infinity Blade II
N.O.V.A.
N.O.V.A. 2
N.O.V.A. 3
MetalStorm
ShadowGun
Dead Trigger
Final Fantasy III

And those are pretty much my faves right there.

Matt
12-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Just grabbed one of those "console-quality" titles called Wild Blood for $0.99. Don't do the same. The creators seem to think that a horrible game suddenly becomes good once it's on a mobile device. It looks many times worse than other console-quality Android games, it runs worse as well, the controls are wonky to the point where the "double-tap to look behind you" command didn't even work, the combat is repetitive and unsatisfying, the story sucks, and there's no character development.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying Game Dev Story and Final Fantasy III.

Ceta
12-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Just grabbed one of those "console-quality" titles called Wild Blood for $0.99. Don't do the same. The creators seem to think that a horrible game suddenly becomes good once it's on a mobile device. It looks many times worse than other console-quality Android games, it runs worse as well, the controls are wonky to the point where the "double-tap to look behind you" command didn't even work, the combat is repetitive and unsatisfying, the story sucks, and there's no character development.
That's something to hear. The game got so many good reviews and very few bad ones. One went so far to list these three things about the game that he/she liked:

1) The story is interesting
2) The picture quality is very good
3) You don't get tired of playing it since you find new things each time

I was tempted to get it since the price is so low and the ratings were good, but I guess I'll hold off on that. :cat_sigh:

Matt
12-26-2012, 11:12 AM
The "interesting story" is actually just King Arthur gone mad because Lancelot was bonking his wife and he let Morgana summon a bunch of demons to terrorize Albion. So you play as the "hero," Lancelot, killing a bunch of demons in very closed levels with dull, repetitive combat and, contrary to the review, not much to find on the way, unless you really like smashing pots.

I think most of the reviewers are a) playing a different game or b) giving it a break because it's a mobile game, when that doesn't mean it deserves a break at all.

Ceta
12-27-2012, 07:35 AM
I think most of the reviewers are a) playing a different game or b) giving it a break because it's a mobile game, when that doesn't mean it deserves a break at all.
I guess there's just a big level of difference between reviewers where you're from and where I'm at. When it comes to mobile games, the same hard-core gaming crowd probably isn't there so it's all just casual gamers that have most likely only played mobile games. Just my assumption, though.

Hayashida
12-27-2012, 11:31 AM
If you don't mind paying a bit (and haven't played it yet), Chaos Rings is fun. The Infinity Blade games are also pretty good. I'd give more recommendations, but the pretty much all the other games I have are not available in English.

as if i need english to play a game, pfft

Ceta
12-29-2012, 11:00 AM
as if i need english to play a game, pfft
Well, if you put it that way, here are some other good games:

●おさわり探偵 1 & 2 (Puzzle)
●イルーナ戦記 (MMORPG)
●チョコットランド(チョコラン)(MMORPG)
●モロー家秘密 (Puzzle/Mystery)
●太鼓の達人

Hayashida
12-29-2012, 01:20 PM
i couldnt find モロー家秘密 and チョコットランド(チョコラン)in the iTunes store but the other ones I saw. The first and second one look p neat, I'll look into them

Ceta
12-29-2012, 04:37 PM
i couldnt find モロー家秘密 and チョコットランド(チョコラン)in the iTunes store but the other ones I saw. The first and second one look p neat, I'll look into them
I decided to double check and see if I could find them. Sadly, I couldn't find モロー家秘密. I'm guessing that it's no longer available for download since I tried searching by both title and company name and had no luck with either. I did find チョコットランド, however; just search using チョコラン. It's the only search result that comes up, so you can't miss it.

If you start playing イルーナ戦記 and want to add me to your friends list, my SN there is the same as here on MT.

Hayashida
12-29-2012, 04:50 PM
hmm well here's the thing, im trying to download it but because you need an apple ID to download apps, its limiting me to only things in the canadian store, so I can't buy things in the Japanese iTunes store

jubeh
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Just got lords of midnight. Fucking incredible.

http://www.thelordsofmidnight.com/index2.html

Ceta
01-06-2013, 07:40 AM
hmm well here's the thing, im trying to download it but because you need an apple ID to download apps, its limiting me to only things in the canadian store, so I can't buy things in the Japanese iTunes store
Ouch, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Makes me wonder if I have limited access as well to things in other countries. Although I haven't encountered anything like that yet, I can't deny the possibility.

Hayashida
01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
idk maybe i'll try searching it directly from my phone

Ceta
01-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Hopefully it works out. ^_^

Hayashida
01-07-2013, 11:50 AM
argh, when I search it, it says no results :ascii_dammit:

Sylux
01-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Games I play/have played in the past and like/liked:

Infinity Blade
Infinity Blade II
Chrono Trigger
Fantasy Defense
Temple Run
Pirate Maidens
Words With Friends
Scramble With Friends
Doodle Sprint
Tehra: Dark Warrior
Dinosaur Slayer
A Weird RPG
Angry Birds
Subway Surfers
Eliminate Pro
Ellie - Help me out...please
LightBike 2
Tap Tap: Metallica Revenge
Missill Kawaii
Pocket Summoner
Resident Evil 4
Epic Citadel

No Gank Top
01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
None of you played Crash Bandicoot 1 on andriod ?
and no i did not use emulator

Ceta
01-09-2013, 04:15 AM
argh, when I search it, it says no results :ascii_dammit:
That definitely sucks. I was hoping that I could have someone to play with since I've been going solo the entire time. Boss battles don't go so well without some there to assist. (Got raped trying to fight a giant boss owl.)

Hayashida
01-09-2013, 05:26 PM
I want to fight giant boss owls :bunny_cryonfloor:

Evil_Cake
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
it just isnt meant to be man

Hayashida
01-10-2013, 09:06 AM
life can be so unfair sometimes especially when u want to fight boss owls

jubeh
01-10-2013, 11:40 AM
John get disc drivin'

Hayashida
01-10-2013, 07:34 PM
ok

Hayashida
01-14-2013, 02:47 PM
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heiporan/id577352592?mt=8

some kind of gaki game called heipo run or something?

jubeh
01-14-2013, 02:52 PM
うわぁぁぁ!!

Sylux
01-14-2013, 03:40 PM
スゴイ、
イイイ…イイイイイイイアプリ!
良すぎて、こわい!!!!