PDA

View Full Version : im a writer looking for a manga artist

shimario
12-12-2012, 10:33 PM
ok so my name is Ryan and i am looking for a manga artist like the title says. i have the plot of the story down and i have five chapters that are written down as well its going to be in a fictional world that i created its going to have fantasy a lot of action and it will have a little bit of cyberpunkish related material and its going to have a lot of Greek elements to it. i am going to let the artist design the things the way they want to however there are some things i already have designed well in my head lol. like for example i have some clothing designs that i want to put in and i know what the four main characters are going to look like. but i believe other than that the artist can design everything else the way he or she wants to and i also have a map of the world that i created (its kind of bad lol).

But anyway i live in Virginia and if you live in Virginia or any state that's close to Virginia or in NY we could work things out. i was hoping that one day when we get this manga finished we could get it published and once or if it sells we could split the profits 50/50 sounds even right? i know this all seems far'fetched but you never know what the future holds.

Rio
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
I deleted your other thread. Btw, did you just post up your thread yesterday and since there wasn't a reply from yesterday till today - you decided to delete it? If so, then that's a bit like jumping the gun imo. Right around this time of year, a lot of people are busy with their own personal IRL situations. I know of some members who're on vacation (aka holiday) right around now for example. Next time, consider giving people more time to reply. Good luck with your project!

shimario
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
oh thanks for deleting the other one and i guess i'll have to try again another time. it was just that i saw that i had a lot of views and nobody was replying so i guess i got annoyed but il try again.

Rio
12-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Ah, I see. People click on threads just to see what is being said not to mention we get a lot of lurkers here so don't mind the view numbers too much.

i have five chapters that are written down
^^^ This is good. Even better is if you can share a summary of your story.

theAnimeRebel
12-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey there! Since you're new here, here's a tip or two:

It works better if you get to know people on here a bit before you start posting for requests. It gives you some credibilty and respect, and establishes those relationships. (Plus you'll know who exactly is comitted and who will end up just dropping the ball)

That being said, you need to give us a summary about your story. What, who, is it about? Cyber-punk w/ Greek elements is a genre, and it doesn't tell us anything about what it is you want us to help you with.

(Anyways good luck!)

shimario
12-13-2012, 06:20 PM
well i don't want to say to much cause im just nervous that someone will steal the idea but i guess it cant hurt to give out a little info

theAnimeRebel
12-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Eh, no one's gonna steal your idea.

But if you think about it, people steal writers ideas all the time. It's called tried-and true, cliches, what have you. (Think about it, Monsters Inc. is essentially the same movie as the Matrix...heh)

The point is, it's probably impossible to be entirely original. However, those writers who can do story well while being original in there own way are the ones who are successful.

i.e., all writers who rip off other people's ideas are losers.

(Shakes fist at dA)

shimario
12-13-2012, 06:33 PM
oh well i just put up the plot if your interested in reading it

theAnimeRebel
12-13-2012, 06:36 PM
No no, put up the synopsis or logline or something. If people show interest then you can post the plot

shimario
12-13-2012, 06:59 PM
oh to late

- - - Updated - - -

and i know this will sound noobish but idk what the synopsis or logline is lol

theAnimeRebel
12-13-2012, 09:58 PM
synopsis is a brief (think one paragraph) description of your story. It establishes the major characters and the problem/"hook" of the story. (i.e. What's the conflict, why would the reader care?)

A logline is a tagline, a one sentence, compact, manageable synopsis to give to guys with a tight schedule. It's an infomercial in less than 25 words. It gives the main character and problem in a rapid fire "bullet" explanation.

Note that both of these should suggest the mood of the story (comedic, tragic, strange, etc.) and also hint at the theme (love, war, peace, and all that other touchy-feely crap. ;) )

But seriously dude, eHow or wikipedia can help you out if you don't know something. (And save my poor, typed-to-the-bone fingers)
More importantly, no one is going to take you, or your story seriously if you don't have a grasp on some of the basic tools of the trade to narrative writing. Being a newbie is fine, everyone's gotta be a noob at least once, but that's also what a library is for. You should grab some books on the subject, read up to attain knowledge, and then tote it around, spouting off concieted bits of wisom at random intervals. (Like me)

ram
12-14-2012, 09:06 AM
People who calculate a lot are usually the ones who don't make it big in the comic/manga industry, Sad but it's true.
The question of "why would the reader would care?" isn't easy to know, cause different types of people will read through it, mostly children but adults as well.

So no matter how cool you think your comic is, if majority(and not just majority but just majority of people who pick up your book or read it online which you really "won't know who") doesn't see it good then it'll never be considered good.

Adults are the ones who read the book before it's published, So they might base it on how AnimeRebel says, but in my opinion just do it on what you want other than thinking too much of advices from other people, and saying "this is how you should do your story"
If they're editor publishers, however. then you can't do anything but to obey.

As for you being afraid to show your story, you shouldn't. TBH if some editor guy stole my story then I'll be proud knowing they published my story and other people are reading it and "not just stuck in my mind forever!"

You shouldn't be afraid of us here who might steal your story cause those who steal are mostly editors which you'll be showing your story if you're applying for a job, life is a gamble but if you're afraid to step on the streets to buy some milk cause you're afraid to be run over by cars-- well... you get my point.

Rio
12-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Head on over to the Roleplayers & Writers Arena (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17-Role-Players-amp-Writers-Arena) and Manga & Anime Works (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?16-Manga-amp-Anime-Works) section. There's a bunch of folks who're sharing their work. Maybe you'll get help, learn a few more things, and even get ideas. :>