PDA

View Full Version : New Years Card Exchange - Sign up here!

Linz
12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Hello! Welcome to the New Years Card Exchange!

What is a New Years card exchange?
It will work similarly to MT's Secret Santa. You can sign up then a PM will be sent to you from myself asking for an address for the card to be posted to. Note that all information given to me will be strictly confidential and the only time I will be giving out the information is to your assigned Sender. By signing up to this, you agree and consent to this taking place.

Where do I sign up?!
Right here! Make a post saying you want to sign up and your name will be added to the list. You will then receive a PM asking for your name and the address you will want the card to be sent to.

Your Sender
Your sender will be randomly allocated to you by a name in a bag sort of deal. If for any reason whatsoever you are uncomfortable with your Sender, send me a PM and I will see what I can do.

Your responsibilities as a Sender
As a Sender you will need to source a card from somewhere. It could be bought or handmade and it can be ANY size. It doesn't need to be a work of art, this is just for fun! You can also choose to leave the card anonymous or you can sign your name, it's up to you. Once your card is made you will need to put it in the post with all the relevant postage stamps, etc. If it is an overseas card, make sure to find out what protocols you must follow! Once you have sent out your card, make a post in THIS thread stating that it has been sent. And that's all you need to do!

Your responsibilities as a Receiver
Once you have received your card, you may thank your sender personally or in this thread, letting him or her know that the card has arrived.

: DISCLAIMERS :
-By signing up, you agree and consent to disclosing your name and address to myself and your sender.
-NONE of your personal information will be posted publicly, all business will be handled through MT PM's.
-Only sign up if you know FOR A FACT you can do this. If you are under 18 or 21(in some places), consult your parents.
-Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

: REGISTRATION :
Cut off date for registration: Friday 14th of December
-Superdooperphailmachine
-corastaur
-GaBo
-nextweek
-Shnorkel
-Byakuran
-Black_Shaggie
-Indescribable
-
-
-

After Friday 14th of December, I will send each one of you a PM with your designated receiver.
Please make sure ALL cards have been sent out by 31st of December. You may send out your card ANYTIME before that date. Don't expect your card to arrive for New Years day. It is not a card for one day, but a card for the new year as a whole!!

Thanks and Good Luck!!

REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED.

Superdooperphailmachine
12-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Sign me up.

corastaur
12-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Awesome! This is gonna be fun :)

GaBo
12-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I'll be a part of this.

nextweek
12-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I'll do this! (defiantly wasn't convinced to do so)

Shnorkel
12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
count me in :3

Byakuran
12-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Well i was planning something to do something like this with Erika and Tay but whatevz i'll do this too :)

Black_Shaggie
12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah this sounds fun. I'm in. I've always liked new year's better than X-Mas anyways.

indescribable
12-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm in~

Well i was planning something to do something like this with Erika and Tay but whatevz i'll do this too :)
Yesss, let's do it.

Linz
12-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Right guys, I'm gonna assign each one of you your receiver! Registration is now closed!

GunZet
12-31-2012, 04:04 PM
::REMINDER::

Today is the last day for sending cards out! Get it dooooone.

Linz couldn't make the post herself.

corastaur
01-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Mine is being sent O.O Sorry it's gonna be a sent about a day late 'cause I failed to account for my family travelling during the holidays. :(

nextweek
01-01-2013, 02:26 AM
I sent mine last year....he he he

Black_Shaggie
01-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I got that card yesterday next week. I'll old on to the cell too. Cuz you'll be famous one day! Thanks!
I put mine in the mail on the 26th...hope it gets to my recipent soon.

indescribable
01-03-2013, 02:50 AM
New Year's cards with a dose of creeper.http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9058/creepyf.png
They're on their way~

Linz
01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I got that card yesterday next week. I'll old on to the cell too. Cuz you'll be famous one day! Thanks!
I put mine in the mail on the 26th...hope it gets to my recipent soon.

POST PICS.

New Year's cards with a dose of creeper.http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9058/creepyf.png
They're on their way~

Tay you are ridiculously good looking. I just want to smother your face in love and joy and ugh. YOURE SO ATTRACTIVE.

indescribable
01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
BUT THE CARDS, WHAT ABOUT THE CARDS.

I know, I'm a bad camwhore and I should feel bad but I was just so excited. ; A ; Also thank you. <3

POST PICS.
THIS. ^^^

Edit: Seriously, I forgot to scan them before I sent them off.

Linz
01-08-2013, 01:23 PM
TAYLOUR I GOT YOUR CARD OMG I LOVE IT OMG ITS SO ADORABLE I LOVE YOU EZIO LOVES IT HE WAS RUBBING HIMSELF ALL OVER IT DID YOU RUB IT WITH CATNIP OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH IM SO EXCITED I CANT STOP TALKING LIKE THIS.

EDIT:
Has anyone NOT received their card yet? Also there's an issue with an address a Sender received, i'm currently working on fixing that problem and all I can do is apologise on behalf of the recipient :c

indescribable
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
YAY 0:

POST PICS.

nextweek
01-08-2013, 03:08 PM
I don't think I've gotten one yet... but it could just be the wonderful mail service.

ClockHand
01-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Someone got a Mew Promo?

Linz
01-10-2013, 05:32 PM
What. :l

EDIT:

Nextweek I talked to your sender and they said it was sent out, but there has been issues with mother nature so the postal service is a bit slow. It should show up soon.

Has everyone else received their card aside from Nextweek?

indescribable
01-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I haven't gotten mine yet, but that's very likely due to the fact that my Mom hasn't surrendered the mailbox key to me yet.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Got mine, Plus clogs.
http://i.imgur.com/X9pJA.jpg
It's http://i.imgur.com/YNWUV.gif

Linz
01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Awwwhhh what a lovely card 8D

Shnorkel
01-17-2013, 10:25 AM
THANKS SHAGGIE! I lol'd when I saw the card
http://i48.tinypic.com/w71ch.jpg

Black_Shaggie
01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
lol Glad you like it Shnorkel! All the New Years cards were crap. I was just about to go hime and make one when I saw that old school Marvel B-Day card. I said to myself, "Self, the new year is a birthday right?"

Since I didn't feel like making one, that's what you got: a boot-leg New Year's card.

BTW dude...what's up with the mail over there? They sent the card back to me because of one letter in your address. Didn't think that should've happened...sorry.

Linz
01-17-2013, 04:47 PM
omfg iron man i am so jealous. :c

Linz
01-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Okay guys.

--Would the sender for GaBo please contact me privately because I've lost the sheet that had peoples senders on it. SILLY LINZ D:

--Nextweek have you received your card yet?

indescribable
01-25-2013, 10:19 PM
GOT MINE. FINALLY.

Will post picture asap~

corastaur
01-27-2013, 03:03 AM
TAY I got mine like a week ago? I sent you a message to thank you but i'm gonna thank you again :cat_love: 'cause it was perfect and i love you!!! I'll post a pic soon :3

Linz
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
8D Yaaaay!