PDA

View Full Version : New Years Card Exchange!

Linz
12-09-2012, 05:38 PM
K so guys I was talking to Indescribable and she thought up this awesome idea of a New Years card exchange. I'm really down for this, I think it's an awesome idea, so I will be taking charge of this with Indescribable's permission.

So!
What is a New Years card exchange?
It will work similarly to MT's Secret Santa. You can sign up then a PM will be sent to you from myself asking for an address for the card to be posted to. Note that all information given to me will be strictly confidential and the only time I will be giving out the information is to your assigned Sender. By signing up to this, you agree and consent to this taking place.

What do I have to do?
You will either make a card or buy one if you prefer. Simply write in the card, maybe a few doodles (we are an art community after all), write the given address to you on the envelope then send that badboy through the post! Make a post in the main card exchange thread stating what day you sent the card, then post in the thread again when you have received your card, or thank the sender personally, and you're done!

So where do I sign up?!
This thread is basically to see if there's interest or not. If there is enough, I will set up a thread in the Contest & Activity section then post a link in this thread for everyone to sign up.

I know that some people may be uncomfortable with giving out their address, but again I stress that no information will be posted publicly. Only myself and your sender will be aware of your information. All business will be handled through the MT PM's.

I really hope there's interest in this cause I'm really enthusiastic about this!
Cheers guys~~

Shnorkel
12-09-2012, 05:47 PM
ME ME ME PICK ME

toast
12-09-2012, 05:53 PM
im interested

Superdooperphailmachine
12-09-2012, 05:54 PM
But Linz, what if the person I have to send a card to is from Israel?

I am up for this BTW.

Linz
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Then you find the most offensive card you can. :333

Shnorkel
12-09-2012, 06:04 PM
And I'll hang it on the ceiling above my bed so everytime I wake up I'll think about you

GunZet
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
IM DOING THIS FOREELZ, AND IT'LL BE THE BEST. I TELL YOU. THE BEST.

Superdooperphailmachine
12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I already figured what mine will say:

To [name]

Happy New year

From Sean
xXx

Linz
12-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Sean you're such a literacy master. <3

GaBo
12-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm in.

corastaur
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm in!

Linz
12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Alright guys, I think we have enough interest to pull this off! I'll set up a thread in the Activities & Contests then post the link here. ;D

EDIT:

THREAD IS UP, SIGN UP NOW!
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?2723-New-Years-Card-Exchange-Sign-up-here!&p=118928#post118928

Black_Shaggie
12-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Sure...I'm down too.
Why not? Sounds like fun.

Linz
12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm actually quite proud that there's been a good turn out. <:

Bryann
12-16-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm officially offering to coordinate a card exchange. The two options are a New Year card exchange--any general blank cards you write Happy New Year in--to be done at the end of December, or an Unbirthday card exchange--use up all those spare birthday cards!--in February (even better if your birthday is in February). The poll is to let me know whether there's any interest and if so, which you'd prefer.