PDA

View Full Version : Animes needed to be watched!

baladu
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi guys! obviously my name is baladu and i wanted to tell you guys about the mangas that are so...... omg! i cant even explain! well here are the animes needed to be watch:
Pandora Hearts
Bleezbub
Bakuman
and much more.........

ClockHand
11-25-2012, 10:43 PM
You wanna check this:
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?2502-What-s-your-favorite-anime-series
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?2141-Classic-Anime

Also, pandora hearts? beelzebub? Meh =/.

baladu
11-25-2012, 11:09 PM
wat are you talking about pandora hearts is so...... i cant explain! its the besat anime ever created in the world! and bleezbub im not pretty sure about it

ClockHand
11-25-2012, 11:34 PM
wat are you talking about pandora hearts is so...... i cant explain! its the besat anime ever created in the world!

Would you deal the life of your mother, father, best friend, girlfriend, you, your pet, or the most precious thing you have for that statement?

baladu
11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
uh.......... let me think ................ NO!!!!!! yeah u r right guess i have to think b4 i speak!

ClockHand
11-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Never let your amusement to cover your judgment, specially when you are doing such bold judgments. Also for what I have read in other threads you seem quite young and with no soo much experience in manga, comic and anime production*, so I must tell you, before anything read, read a lot and drown on new things, because already by stating that Pandora Hearts or Beelzebub are the greatest mangas, it proves the little you have read so far.

Also, you should read more than just manga, and try comics in general, there is too much to learn from anything to narrow your mind just for one style which is also really conflictive (discussion about the subject: http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?2243-Manga-tips-for-a-good-writer/page2). Also, read books and watch movies and so on. It doesn't mater if your actual goal is animation or making a comic, you need to get deep down on all the things you can read or watch without discriminations of its origins (you can discriminate if the story doesn't appeal to you and stuffs like that, but even so you need to make a insightful work to understand why).

*This perception born from the Help thread that you did on the section to ask mods for help, not actual help for comic or anything like that. In which, apart of stating the the height of your ego, you also stated you wanted to focus on an anime serie and not a manga. Which I must encourage you to evaluate, because both things are not the same and no comic artist do his work to get an anime, nor an animator search to make a comic from his work. Evaluate that (and the ego part too, but only if you wish).

Sylux
11-27-2012, 12:18 AM
He said it was the best anime created in the world, not the best thing in the world. His mother, father, and most precious possession are not anime, so giving them up for Pandora Hearts is ridiculous and uncategorically silly.

ClockHand
11-27-2012, 12:43 AM
The proposition was not about if it actually was, but rather if you would place a value that, if you were wrong, would hurt you if you are wrong. Its obvious ridiculous to make it practical, but it was never the point of that, only to give him a moment to re-think his words.

Sylux
11-27-2012, 01:09 AM
I think Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is the best self-parody anime of all time. I wouldn't give up my possessions for it, though. But, I can agree that his particular words were hastily strewn, as you felt it out and he presented it as evident through his reaction to your prod.

theAnimeRebel
11-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Not sure how old the dude who started this thread is....

Actually, I kind of enjoyed Pandora Hearts (for a hard-core shonen dude, if that's possible) because the plot seemed interesting to me. However, the series ended abruptly and I promptly threw a book at the screen.

As far as what I would recommend? well, as far as less well known stuff, there's Durarara and Darker than Black. I think these shows need more credit. They had great plots and aren't your typical *bash em' and smash em'* animes (i.e., Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece)
They are for older viewers though.

Sylux
11-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Since when was One Piece typical

theAnimeRebel
11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Well, I suppose it's pretty un-typical. ;)
(So are the other two, if you think about it... considering the huge amount of anime out there is cheesy samurai stuff or shoujo plot retreads)

The other one I really liked was Deadman Wonderland (it's bloody though... heh.)

jubeh
11-27-2012, 02:10 PM
We got dudes calling one piece typical what an awful thread

Rubisko
11-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't really watch a mad amount of anime any more, but a couple of years ago I watched 'Ergo Proxy' and I enjoyed it very much. The best part was that it ended in 20 or so episodes, because that allowed me to actually watch it from start to finish in just a few weeks. Does anyone know any similar (and about equally fast paced) animes?

Sylux
11-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Since when was Naruto typical. I mean sure, it's really bad and awful and terrible and horrible and silly and outrageous and not-good, but it's highly atypical and not-boring and exciting and strange and twisty and not-drab (even though the twists are awful, the excitement is awful, and the strange things are awful). Bleach is fucking typical. It's not bad in any way shape or form, but it is entirely lackluster to say the absolute least. It lacks fatal plot failures, but it does not have enough intrigue for anything to really fall through anyway.

Gaff
11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't really watch a mad amount of anime any more, but a couple of years ago I watched 'Ergo Proxy' and I enjoyed it very much. The best part was that it ended in 20 or so episodes, because that allowed me to actually watch it from start to finish in just a few weeks. Does anyone know any similar (and about equally fast paced) animes?

Probably the closest thing I can think of to Ergo Proxy would be Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, assuming you haven't seen it already. There were two seasons of it, but both are pretty much self-contained.

You might try Texhnolyze as well, it's another cyberpunk mystery type series that finished within one season. I couldn't vouch for the quality of it though, I haven't seen it yet myself.

theAnimeRebel
11-27-2012, 07:29 PM
*fumes at Sylux*

If you read my post *after my first post* I said that One Piece, Naruto and Bleach are atypical compared to the moajority of anime, but they are pretty standard battle brawlin' shows, meaning, I see them as being cut from the same cloth.

Now, I haven't seen much of One Piece, I didn't personally enjoy it. I liked Bleach (because of the characters and battles) and would have to agree with you on Naruto--- it gets old after the plot drags on, and is slightly childish. (If any anime could be called UN-childish)

However, personal opinion here dude. And I didn't RECOMEND those three series because of their length, although I did enjoy aspects from all three.

*ahem*

Back on topic, would Ergo Proxy be anything close to Angel Beats?

baladu
11-27-2012, 07:49 PM
im 17 genius....

Gaff
11-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Back on topic, would Ergo Proxy be anything close to Angel Beats?

Nah, Proxy is a dystopian sci-fi conspiracy thriller kind of thing. I found it difficult to get into, if I'm honest.

Rio
11-28-2012, 10:57 AM
@ Rubisko
Check out King of Thorn. It's a short series but it has that fast-paced, a bit of sci-fi though not as in your face like Ergo Proxy (i.e. high tech world, etc etc - well you'll see what I mean), and mystery. Disclaimer: I read the manga so I'm not too sure how the anime version is.

Rubisko
11-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Gaff and Rio, I'll see if there's something that I like =)

baladu
11-29-2012, 06:20 PM
same here ;lol!

No Gank Top
01-08-2013, 03:44 PM
You must see Spice and wolf at some scene i just cryed as hell ! :cat_nyaa:

Regantor
01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Probably the closest thing I can think of to Ergo Proxy would be Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, assuming you haven't seen it already. There were two seasons of it, but both are pretty much self-contained.

You might try Texhnolyze as well, it's another cyberpunk mystery type series that finished within one season. I couldn't vouch for the quality of it though, I haven't seen it yet myself.

Replying to a super old post here, but seeing as I'm one of those sparse weirdos who has actually seen Texhnolyse, figured I might as well reply...

It's kinda dreary. Like, really, really slow paced and continously not much other than confusing and grim. The voice actors themselves take the piss out of the fact several scenes have characters talking to an evil empty chair for long periods. The cool mysterious cyberpunk air is definately there, but yeah, Ergo Proxy and GITS are far superior series.

If you don't mind a little age, and want really funky fast paced flashy/actiony/gorey cyberpunk, you can always try the Bubblegum Crisis series or the Battle Angel Alita OVAs, through. Really, the early ninties are always gonna be the best place to go for that sort of thing. *u*

Gaff
01-10-2013, 09:11 AM
I've put off watching Bubblegum Crisis for a long, long time, as I was afraid it might not have aged very well. Having finally decided to bite the bullet though, I bought it at Christmas time, so I might try and do a video about it once I've watched it all.

Regantor
01-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I watched it for the first time since high school just recently. The first episodes are kinda jeepy, but the quality gets alot better as the series progresses. I think it holds up keeping that in mind... Also I think some of the voice acting is actually a little better in the dub, but for some reason they decided that translating all of the songs into English was more important than them having electric guitar in them. -_-

Rio
01-14-2013, 11:15 AM
The anime won't start showing until April and it'll probably be awhile before it comes out in English but yeah, can't wait:

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (http://shingeki.tv/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKzmOh4SuBc

The series is already available in manga, FYI.

Sylux
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
That looks fuckin' badass as shit