PDA

View Full Version : Im In Need Of A Better Artist,Than Myself

tag654
11-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Hello Guys,

Im Looking To Make A Team/Group to help me make this manga/light novel(Have yet to decide)
Looking For:
- Critiquers
- People with Ideas
-An Artist Of A Higher lvl Than Myself
- An Editor,Or Elaborator(Giving the story more detail)

To Make things Quick Ill Have links to all info That You need to know:

My Situation: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121114142613AAW8FTG

My DeviantArt : kingfromhatena.deviantart.com

My Email : yeahmantag654@yahoo.com

Hopefully that First Link Gives You Everything You Need to know,Though,If you wish to know more story-wise...I dont mind showing the artist a bit more individually through email,to persuade them to join me,I just need an artist who trust that I have a great story to compliment their drawings.

If You Have Any Questions Feel Free to contact me through email or below.Also,If you know other sites where I might have better luck,let me know :P

- Tag

NWAP
11-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Ok...so you get an artist better than you, people to critique your story, people with ideas to finish your story, and an editor giving the story more detail. Why do all these people need you? What is your role in this process? Are you asking people to do all the work for you? I'm not trying to be mean but you have to sell yourself better. Make people WANT to join the team. Ok, so you don't have any money...what do you plan to DO with it when its done? What are your goals? Make us excited about it.

Matt
11-16-2012, 06:41 PM
^ NWAP speaks the truth.

Also, the backstory you have is kind of generic on its own. If you wanna keep it, you have to make your characters completely awesome and convincing. Essentially what the guy on Yahoo Answers said.

tag654
11-16-2012, 11:41 PM
@nwap

Why these people need me? Because I have a great story and I want to try and make it popular.
Am I Trying To Get People To Do everything? Of course not,I don't mind doing all the scripting,and/or writing...all I really need is a great artist.I was just listing things that ppl could potentially help with to make things much smoother and faster.

But yea,after the final product is done,I plan to have all participants names and credit given to them in the final piece,and from their Im guessing a publishing company will decide our fate.I just wish to have a group in which we can really make something great.I want it to mostly be an anime series that is internationally known - that's the long term goal.

@Matt Yea I know.Honestly,I have yet to make a "real" short synopsis,idk just haven't got to sumarizing it in "short" yet.What was read is the pre-text,or the basis/ground for my story,but its not the story in the very least.Hence,why I said that ppl should email me individually to check out my story.I don't feel comfortable about putting it all online.

But if you want I can try and summarize what I have it you want,it'd just be abit hard,to me.

Matt
11-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Ideally, you want to have an elevator pitch for your story. For example, some from my stories:

"A girl assassinates politicians and reporters and faces the psychological consequences of killing."
"A governor kidnaps travelers and trains them to fight in order to protect his city from a siege."
"A sociopath and a runaway debate philosophy, discuss music, and hitchhike trains while trying to hold off a siege."

The point is to get people to want to read your story before a figurative elevator goes from one floor to the next.

Also, don't worry about putting your stuff online. I do it all the time. Take what precautions you think are necessary, but know that people don't steal writing very often. Think of it like this: if someone has to steal your work to look respectable, do you really think he has the skills necessary to get that stolen work to a publisher?

toast
11-17-2012, 01:29 PM
I see you're not a successful mangaka yet
I see your art hasn't really improved

Demonfyre
11-17-2012, 02:22 PM
But yea,after the final product is done,I plan to have all participants names and credit given to them in the final piece

I think if they were to put that much effort into it I think they would want more than a simple credit at the end, just saying

tag654
11-17-2012, 09:58 PM
@demonfrye.Well obviously. :)
I'm saying when we have the first chapter published,or so...then,well have the publishing company give us incentives we can split,money,and such,haven't done much research as to this,but when we get there,we will all have our fair share,and ill make sure of that.

@toast.Harsh,but kinda true.Have only been drawing for a year or so,and have only been drawing like 5-10 times a month if that lol.Just been busy Iguess.

@Matt.I think your right...Ill put a small section from the beggining in,the manga section or whatever its called and post a link.I'm pretty sure I have that escalation factor...My story,is very good,I've been told - from those who've read it.Though if not,then maybe you can critique it and give ur opinions if ur interested. :)

*here is the link :
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?1639-TAG-s-quot-Hanako-quot-Manga-Project/page5&highlight=hanako

Demonfyre
11-17-2012, 11:29 PM
@demonfrye.Well obviously.
I'm saying when we have the first chapter published,or so...then,well have the publishing company give us incentives we can split,money,and such,haven't done much research as to this,but when we get there,we will all have our fair share,and ill make sure of that.

Yup obviously, and I would suggest research first before you bother asking, because you won't be able to hire people if they don't know what they are getting for their time

NWAP
11-18-2012, 01:20 AM
I understand you have a dream, but you have to be realistic man. Getting a team together is a hard thing to do, unless you give incentive. Unfortunately there isn't much here :/ . You aren't offering or showing anything unique. As a whole, nothing here is fully mapped out and as Demonfrye said, no one really knows what they are getting into. Id strongly recommend to just continue practicing manga on your own at this point, and after you gain some experience, then MAYBE think about trying to assemble a team. But If you keep working hard at drawing, and studying manga, you may find you don't even need a team. Just be patient and keep practicing.

tag654
11-18-2012, 01:47 AM
not all people should need incentives or want something to get something done.I met one of the best writers I've ever seen through just showing them my story.

I'm not saying your not a chill dude or anything,just saying,some people do things just because they like to,and they wish to get better.I wanna find people like that,people who read my story and decide,regardless of incentives.

But,not everyone needs,or should,need incentives.Some people just do it for the fun of things.I want people who can read my story and know exactly what it can become,and join me based on that,not on incentives.Your words just sound very discouraging,because your assuming everyone will treat me the same.

My mainpoint is that,there are a lot of "experienced" people on this site,and Ihave no doubt that they know what they're talking about,so Ido take things into consideration.I think it'd be diffrent if everyone who's said this was published,but most aren't,so I mean...

- though thanks for the advice no hard feelings.

@celestialfox.Lol,probably.I understand that everyone's trying to guide me on here,I do,and I appreciate it.Though,idk,about the attitude thing,its a pretty fair argument,andy I respect everyones thoughts and or opinions.But if you feel that way,I cant stop you.
:)

So,as things stand,everything anyone needs to look at will be on the first page,provided in the links.

Thanks...

Celestial-Fox
11-18-2012, 01:50 AM
That attitude won't get you far, man. People have been kind enough to actually give you tips on how to find people that can help. That, and no one has explicitly declined your proposal; they just want to know more about how you can be an asset to them for all of their hard work. Unfortunately, you have shown to be uncooperative and have most likely lost your potential candidates—which not only were the four that have replied to the thread, but anyone else who has read it, such as myself.

Good luck.

tag654
11-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Lol,celestial,Erm...you kinda posted a reply before I was finished with my whole post. ;)

A bit awkward,but look at it now,if you decide to re-visit. hehehe owo

Demonfyre
11-18-2012, 10:31 AM
The last thing im going to say is that you should listen to NWAP about the working on your art, but also working on the story at the same time on the sidelines. What i'm doing with my project - Genome - is I have equal times between working on my artwork in preparation for it in (many) years time but I also spend close to the same amount of time working and developing the story, unfortunately if you won't spend that time working on the actual story AS WELL AS the art then unless you are a prodigy you are unlikely to entice anyone... some of the best stories out there take years of research and planning, I wouldn't suggest rushing it, allow it to flourish and enjoy the time it takes to make it and the fun you will have releasing it to the public when its ready.

So instead of trying to assemble a team, work on it solo, later once you are a pro at art and have been working and researching and finishing your story would be the time to assemble your team (if you even need it by that point), you will have a real idea of where you want to take the story, you will have incentives, and people will see that you have been; A) dedicated and are unlikely to back down and B) are more likely to give them what they want, unfortunately you can only give them your word at this point in time, which isn't quite enough when you are talking about large projects.

Hopefully that makes sense... my English has been deteriorating these past months :l

nextweek
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
That attitude won't get you far, man. People have been kind enough to actually give you tips on how to find people that can help. That, and no one has explicitly declined your proposal; they just want to know more about how you can be an asset to them for all of their hard work. Unfortunately, you have shown to be uncooperative and have most likely lost your potential candidates—which not only were the four that have replied to the thread, but anyone else who has read it, such as myself.

The bold statement is so so so true and most people don't realize it. Although people don't always post on a thread, it doesn't mean their not watching. They read what people post in this section of the forum and decide if it's even worth their time to post. They check to see if the writer of the ideas presented have good grammar, spelling, and attitude. No one wants to work with someone who doesn't listen. I'm not saying that you have the worst attitude or anything, but it's just something to keep in mind. Commitment to a project is a big deal for an artist, especially one that requires numerous drawings.

In no means stop working on this. As previously stated, keep developing.

NWAP
11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
But,not everyone needs,or should,need incentives.Some people just do it for the fun of things.I want people who can read my story and know exactly what it can become,and join me based on that,not on incentives.Your words just sound very discouraging,because your assuming everyone will treat me the same.

I clicked on the thread BECAUSE I like to draw for the fun of it.And I strongly believe that If there's anyone on here that understands how you feel, Its me dude. although I can see where everyone else is coming from, I really don't think you have an attitude problem, you just have a passion to make your story come to life as a manga. When I first started I was just like this. And I've been in COUNTLESS teams (with very talented people) that ran purely on the motivation to make a manga. They always start off strong, but then they fizzle out, because the people on the team don't have the same motivation or incentive that the person leading the team does. If the person leading the team has enough experience to SHOW the team what the manga can become (detailed character sketches/outlines/ways they plan to publish) its easier to start and keep a team together. But making an appealing story and appealing characters takes time and experience just like anything else. You're fresh out the box man. You have the passion, but direct that fire into the actual content, and I know you can make it happen.

tag654
11-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Sigh~, I guess you guys are right. I guess ill just try to get better with writing and drawing. It's just I've been working on this for almost a year now, and my friend helped for a month, but he did Alot to help with the storyline and helping rough out a basic overview. But when he stopped helping, everything is just really slow, and school doesn't help, so I've been trying to find someone to help, because I might have the time I want to do this.

I mean, I'm 16 years old, a senior in high school, about to goto college in the summer. My goal was to have a chapter drawn, and written by a hen, since college will probably limit my time even more then now. So
, yeah. But thanks guys, and thanks NWAP.

:(