PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make a Magazine

Black_Shaggie
10-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Ok so this is just an idea I've been thinking a bout but I think it might work with the right people.

What if we created a manga/comic monthly (or bi monthly...quarterly IDC) that focuses on several different styles, articles about current events in manga/comic/anime (maybe even gaming) world?

This would be a a project where everybody who comes to the table can have creative input of course. I am only an idea man & an artist so, editors, writers, even more artists, layout, article writers...etc. would be needed.

I have a little start up money but in order to breathe real life to the project we'd all have to pool resources & I know some folks are apprehensive about that but remember that everything including the work put in and the potential profit would be shared.

Chime in if any of this is interesting to you.

Matt
10-03-2012, 09:52 AM
If we did a .pdf rather than a real magazine, we wouldn't have to pay anything.

I'll do editing for free, but I don't think I could do a monthly strip unless I got some kind of pay for it because of school and all.

Sutari
10-03-2012, 09:58 AM
There used to be "The MT Chronicles" like 5 years ago, but it kinda died since everyone had school and life keeping them from doing it :/

that and most people are really lazy

Black_Shaggie
10-03-2012, 10:05 AM
PDFs would be awesome. I was thinking about an ezine actually...plus something in print once we get that ball rolling. My idea was to generate profit through sales as a collective. I don't have much $ for start up & that's one of the reason why I was purposing a joint effort. I do understand what it means for putting in work without pay up front & it's a slippery slope it's my hope that we can make a profit together as a collective.

I think it would be best since this is a ground up thing that I'm proposing to do it quarterly...or maybe every two months at first this way we can slide into a cohesive collective.

- - - Updated - - -

At Sutari well shit...let's resurrect that! If Rio's down that is.I know most folks are in school here but if everyone involved were to just produce one good story, article etc... I don't think quarterly of every two months would be an issue. I've seen some of yous dudes work & I know that it's very very possible.

Rio
10-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I'm fine with it. It's something I've mulled over before but never done because I'm just too damn busy but if you guys want to take the time to resurrect it, then by all means - go ahead!

On another note, if you're serious about publishing and making money, then there are lots of alternatives these days. For example, there's MagCloud (http://www.magcloud.com/) for print mags and then Amazon's Kindle Publishing program (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000234621) if you want to go the eBook (or eMag?) route.

Black_Shaggie
10-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Cool! I've finished all my projects but one so I do have time to make sure it happens. I just need willing people who want to get involved.

nextweek
10-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I think I'd actually be interested in helping with this. I think it'd be awesome!

I remember the old one we tried to do. It was really really awesome when people had the time to commit!

Black_Shaggie
10-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Well I'm certainly trying to make it happen if more folks are willing. How can you contribute? Art? Writing? Editing? What was the last one like anyways?

Evil_Cake
10-03-2012, 01:06 PM
I would be interested in doing a comic for it or something >_>

Black_Shaggie
10-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Well that's two artists & an editor so far? Writers?

I figure that we'd need about 4 good comics, some articles & some reviews to make it work.

Are there any examples of the original MT Chronicles still out there?

Matt
10-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I can also write.

Regantor
10-03-2012, 06:08 PM
First off, I'm totally willing to make a comic for this.

However...

I've seen quite a few attempts at this kinda thing both on here in the past and on the Sweatdrop forums; It seems the biggest problems with these kinda ideas is really lack of exposure and the lack of funds comming in. Just like how video game magazines rarely show indie games, making a magazine by and for people who aren't making alot of money is kind of always going to be a hard sell. It doesn't exactly help that magazines as a medium have been slowly melting away since the internet started to become popular.

So, with that in mind, maybe I'd suggest looking into article-themed website ideas, too? Like how Cracked is run in concept. Or maybe a more fan-orientated version of Anime News Network?... Don't mean to back seat drive, but it does seem like there isn't anything like that at the moment... Well, not unless you include Manga Tutorials itself. :p

Of course, if my suggestion is ignored I'm still fine with supporting this either way. It was just an idea.

Evil_Cake
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
ya I agree, printing seems like it'd be a hassle

nextweek
10-04-2012, 12:15 AM
I'd be willing to do anything you want! Used to run a paper and had to do almost everything anyway...

I agree with above statements...let's not muck up the well with money...it gets messy after awhile with this sort of thing..

Black_Shaggie
10-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Yeah, that is true. I really wasn't expecting for this to be a huge project and don't expect anyone to dish out money unless they want to & we're going to print. Matt suggested using a PDF format & an ezine would be the cheapest way to go if we're not spending money I mean, if we're resurrecting the original MT Chronicles, then I'm assuming the it will be featured here somewhere, so folks will see it.

Besides, society is moving away from the printed format ( I know my day job is in print) so the best thing for us to do is go digital. Pluse, seeing as this is something that was already done here, I think it would be a cool place to showcase members work (if they'd like).

Doing this quarterly is best I feel for lack of interest. I figure if folks know we have that much time it won't stress them in other areas of their personal lives. What I'm seeing as a format is a 64 page book with four manga/comics 14 pages each, 1-3 pages of current events (in the manga/comic, anime/cartoon & gaming world), one or two MAJOR articles on any of those genres 3-4 pages long, with a few pages to spare for extra or other shit. It should be geared towards teens & older but not too heavy on swearing & violence. I mean, I'm not stuck to this idea though

I've already a few ideas for one story so we could start with that or any other ideas you guys want to do. If you guys are really serious then send me a message so we can start planning.

Linz
10-04-2012, 11:25 AM
I would be willing to add a female perspective to this project, a bit of variety. I can also offer art and writing. Im open to ideas. Or if you dont need me at all, then no sweat lolol.

Matt
10-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I've got an idea for a comic. If the e-zine is quarterly, I can probably churn out at least 14 pages every three months.

Linz, you write? What kinda stuff?

Rio
10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm going to put a little blurb about this on the main site and see if we can get more contributors. : )

On a side note, you guy should specify now what the content you guys are aiming to provide or else you're going to get a mish-mosh of stuff put together. Some people would think it of it as a mission statement or business plan. For example, you can specify that this will be a quarterly ezine for the general advancement and instruction of manga creation (how-to's), enjoyment (original mangas to read), and community (providing additional things like a calendar, critiques, showcasing artwork, etc).

BunnyVoid
10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
i think i can participate in this.

i have tons of experience in layouting, typesetting, formatting, etc.

I can also help out with weekly comics (i work pretty fast, despite all the activities i have in life) but i dont think i could pull off a good story without a good writer. I'm not good at writing. Thinking, writing and concepts take too much of my time. If someone could write for me, i could just draw really fast for them (in decent quality tho, don't expect).

A nice content would be providing reviews of tutorials, drawing books, trending artworks/styles, anime, or games in comic/manga form. Maybe incorporate some sort of parody and commentary on the subject. In my head i see it like a graphically superior version of 9gag.

Black_Shaggie
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm going to put a little blurb about this on the main site and see if we can get more contributors. : )

On a side note, you guy should specify now what the content you guys are aiming to provide or else you're going to get a mish-mosh of stuff put together. Some people would think it of it as a mission statement or business plan. For example, you can specify that this will be a quarterly ezine for the general advancement and instruction of manga creation (how-to's), enjoyment (original mangas to read), and community (providing additional things like a calendar, critiques, showcasing artwork, etc).

Yeah Rio's right. I haven't see the original MT Chronicles, but if it fell off it was more than likely because of two things: 1)unwillingness to complete the work on time & 2)sheer boredom....which should never happen on creative projects.

I'm not sure what our mission statement or business plan would be short of "Creating new realities in manga/comics today for a new and innovative tomorrow" (I know corny).
See, I feel that the world of visual storytelling in general is completely stagnated in 2012. Sure, you have good projects being created all the time, but I'd wager that for every say...Fruits Basket you got out there...there's 10 really horrible clones of that same story & nothing truly fresh. Even worse in 'western' comics the two major continuities have pretty much spun the same stories for over 5 decades now & they're getting stale.

Whatever we decide to do, I want to be sure that we're doing original ideas that we collectively feel will appeal to the audiences we're targeting. I do feel that though we have a very broad demographic to cover, if we were to keep things limited to these 2(or four) genres, we can make some cool stuff: shonen(duh), shojo, seinen & josei.

Anyways, I'm wating for at least three more artists & writers to chime in & about two more layout folks. I don't wanna step on anyone's toes & if we're not gonna put it print, stuff like tutorials should be directed back here. Unless folks are wanting tutorials of a specific artists.

GunZet
10-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I'd be willing to jump in on this as an artist.

Prince of Angels
10-14-2012, 03:20 PM
If things are still going about on this I'll be willing to help too. As whatever you need me for. Preferably Artist, but I'll do anything, really.

doghateburger
10-16-2012, 07:57 PM
I can contribute as an artist but i wont commit anything at this point, hehe

- - - Updated - - -

I can contribute as an artist but i wont commit anything at this point, hehe

Black_Shaggie
10-18-2012, 09:08 AM
No worries dude. We don't plan to have anything ready till like late JAN or early FEB so you're good. As far as contributions go, no worries there either because except for the work, alls we need is a place to sell the eZine & I got that covered...well its getting covered rather.
What kind of manga are you wanting to do? Your work (especially your coloring) is really good. Maybe we can get you to do coloring? idk This project is gonna be fun & give folks a chance to actually make a manga & display our skills so you can contribute anyway you want.

I'd love to have you. IM me if you seriously wanna get on board dude.

Alright dagnabbit!

Looks like not enough people want to do this so I'm shutting it down. I might try to do something on my own. But if anyone's serious about helping (in any function) that would be cooler than a polar bear's toe nails. This magazine was an attempt at creating something that would be fun to do & give people some experience as to what it takes to publish something. I wasn't trying to do some big thing here. But like I said...if anyone still wants to help just let me know.

Evil_Cake
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
wat how many people did you get

Rio
11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
^^^
That. If anything, why not scale it down to an ashcan (using a comic book term here for those not in the know) if you don't have enough contributors?

Black_Shaggie
11-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah. I could do an ash can. I was going do a PDF with donations because it still think it's a fun thing to do. I'll be honest though, I'd thought more folks would want to do this. I mean sure, making money is a prime directive but, this wasn't about any of that.It was just something to have fun with & wouldn't cost anyone anything but a small amount of time. I mean, there was only gonna be four issues a year...that's not a serious project at all, you know in fact I'd have been the person doing the most work anyways.

But I understand. Just a little disappointed is all.

TREY
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Shaggie! u-u i feel your pain. I've been on MT for quite a while now, and just a few years back, something like this would have thrived. But in the past couple of years there seems to just be a downward spiraling trend of commitment issues with the MT'ers (when there's really not much to commit to). I've been in your position a few times. Don't give up! MT goes through phases. Just when you think this thread is dead some new guy will post, "aw man! I really wanted to do this!"

And with that being said... Im totally down for this! Ill do anything, but I would prefer to draw.

(NWAP)

Evil_Cake
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
wat how many people did you getlhlj

Celestial-Fox
11-09-2012, 07:15 PM
It seemed like there was a lot of enthusiasm. Heck, I work for a newspaper, and the people here were more enthusiastic than nearly every one of the reporters/artists I work with sometimes. I bet if you start it and show people what can really happen, people will notice that you have something going and want to help out. So what if the first edition isn't fantastic? We can always be better next time and get the word out that we're serious about what we do, and that we are always recruiting eager help.

(I handle fact-checking, spelling/style/grammar, and some layout at the paper, since we, too, are understaffed.)

Rio
11-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Why not just go and do it? Get your stuff in by November 30th to Shaggie, it'll be put together, edited and then published by December 15th. How about that? Just in time for the holidays.

Black_Shaggie
11-12-2012, 01:22 PM
What she said.
I'm working on a silly chibi story right now. The shonen I was gong to is a bit too "hardcore" imo. So, yeah if anybody wants to put something...I'll do something...the let's do it. I was originally asking for 12 pages...but contribute whatever you want. I'll sort it out & make sure it has continuity.

Matt
11-12-2012, 01:41 PM
This'll be a challenge, but I think I can manage it. I'll have my comic in by the 30th.

Sorry I never got back to you on your story, Shaggie. Way too much schoolwork. If you're still interested in writing it, I'll set some more time aside for it.

Celestial-Fox
11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I believe in the magazine! You can do itttt! c:

Black_Shaggie
11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys! Like I said any help is appreciated. Just get me the stuff (anything...manga, articles, reviews shit---a short story if yous want) by the 30th & I'll start putting it together. If this is too short of time frame let me know & we can do it on the 1st of JAN/13...a new year's 1st ed might be cool...

So far, I'm like 6 pages in my chibi manga (real screentones are bitch...) I'm shoot for 12, so if anybody wants to submit some art please gimme at least 8 pages & do the story in "episodes" (with 4 parts for each episode. Confusing? I'll break it down later).

NWAP
11-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys! Like I said any help is appreciated. Just get me the stuff (anything...manga, articles, reviews shit---a short story if yous want) by the 30th & I'll start putting it together. If this is too short of time frame let me know & we can do it on the 1st of JAN/13...a new year's 1st ed might be cool...

So far, I'm like 6 pages in my chibi manga (real screentones are bitch...) I'm shoot for 12, so if anybody wants to submit some art please gimme at least 8 pages & do the story in "episodes" (with 4 parts for each episode. Confusing? I'll break it down later).

o-o... please do "break it down". Also I do have a manga id love to submit but i cant guarantee ill have it done by the deadline. But Im super willing to do ANY cover art/ sub-images for the magazine. Anything..just let me know and i'm your man.

Celestial-Fox
11-14-2012, 10:14 PM
I would help more, but I'm really busy with these last few weeks of school.

Evil_Cake
11-14-2012, 10:18 PM
why'd u change the date to earlier 30th is 2 soon

Black_Shaggie
11-15-2012, 09:05 AM

It's however you guys want to do it. Rio suggested to have submissions in by the 30th of NOV for me to get it ready by 15th or 20 of DEC. I kinda like that idea. But the alternative would be what I posted above. I can give you dudes until DEC15 & we put it out on new years...

@Fox: I figured as much. Most of you guys are in school & that type of commitment is impossible. But can you have stuff ready for the new schedule? if this is a problem for you guys maybe you all do your stuff through the holiday break & we ready later in JAN. I'm really shooting for new years but I understand.

@NWAP: dude I seen your stuff in the PIMP MY ART THREAD so you can do my cover if you want. As far as format's concerned...
Think about your manga (or comic IDC) as if each book (the story you're putting the in the zine ) & that book has four chapters:

1) Beginning, a prelude or wtf ever. This is just the part of the book that you START to intro characters, locale & start your plot thread. I feel that manga and comics are written from the protagonists perspective...so I wouldn't recommend intro everybody at once. But basically set up your plot and intro main char here.

2)Conflict. You know...protagonist meets antagonist because (for example) the antagonist stole his rice cakes. The plot starts to unfold at this point. You reveal more about characters & the surrounding world.

3) Struggle. The action (or intensely dramatic dialogue) is here. This is the meat & potatoes of your story...but only for this episode. Reveal more about chars & why they'r doing what they do.

4)Conclusion. The end of that episode. Recap or set up the next episode or do a flashback to events that reveal even more about the ongoing story.

Of course, with a format like this, you can see why I originally wanted more pages. You have to divide the pages you have by the 4 chapters. So if you had 12 pages total that's like 3 pages per chapter. Go less it gets worse.

I'm working on mine now so I'll try (& I mean this) to show you guys where I'm and how i'm doing it next monday. But remember, this for fun so don't a scared about formatting and stuff.

Any articles and reviews can run like 1-2 pages each unless...you got more filler for us.

That's about the gist of it though.

Celestial-Fox
11-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Shaggie: Well, that's the issue! Although school won't be too awful when the week ends (since everything seems to be due this week instead of finals week...?), I'm leaving for Thailand on the 13th and will be gone for 20-something days. But I may be able to help later in 2013, especially if you need someone to do page design and stuff, since that's part of my job here at the office.

Matt
11-16-2012, 09:51 PM
^ My situation is similar. I'll be super-busy from now till Christmas, then my entire workload will drop by about 75% and I'll be able to help out and draw and write and generally do a ton of magazine-related stuff.

(Thailand! Nice!)

Black_Shaggie
11-28-2012, 08:40 AM
So...I totally understand that a lot of yous guys interested in doing this have school obligations & what not. Actually I have work & freelance obligations that I'm working around too. I've already started working on some stuff though. I've done this sort of thing before when I was younger with some degree of local success. So let's just say if you want to do something...just take your time & let me know when you have it and we can take from there.

I dunno for sure when I'll get up & running. I'm shooting for march though.

Matt
11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I won't be able to do anything for this month. Any artistic stuff I do is in the realm of really stuffy, boring stuff for art class, and barely anyone has the time or patience to read plain text stories online. Late December, I'll be able to do a manga.

Black_Shaggie
11-28-2012, 02:06 PM
I can dig it. No rush at all man. Ima keep working on it & you can get in where you fit in laters.

Celestial-Fox
11-28-2012, 05:34 PM
^ My situation is similar. I'll be super-busy from now till Christmas, then my entire workload will drop by about 75% and I'll be able to help out and draw and write and generally do a ton of magazine-related stuff.

(Thailand! Nice!)
Yeah, I'll be gone through the first week of next year, so if you try to get ahold of me (or anyone else, for that matter), and it takes forever or I don't respond at all, it's because my Internet access is limited!

When I come back, I can probably help out with compilation, page design, or just proofreading. Whatever anyone needs, really; I don't have a particular thing that I'm dying to do, but I would like to help wherever it's needed. (:

ram
12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Right to left manga wouldn't do, would it?
Also what the size of this Magazine?

I'd like to contribute but I need to partner with a writer since I can't really think of a story that is only 12 pages, I can but it won't be one-shot

Matt
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I have time to write, Ram, if you have time to draw.

Black_Shaggie
12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
All good stuff. In regards to story size, I chose 12 or so pages because I originally wanted to feature 3 stories. Since we don't have that many now, whatever you'd like as far as pages is cool. I mean, setting your manga into two or three parts might be a good idea though.

Basically, there aren't too many restrictions here...errr keep it around the PG13 mark though. I was working on a fantasy shonen (chibi style)...but I just stumbled onto a suspense/ thriller idea that I like better.

Just remember...and this is only a projected date...I plan on having things (whatever I got then) ready by the middle of March. If that's too short of a time frame, no worries. I know folks have other stuff going on & this is supposed to be fun so take your time & have fun.

Once we DO have enough for a good body of work & start laying out the math, everyone's gonna have to legally protect their stuff. If you don't know what you need to do in that regard I'll show you guys a fairly cheap ways to protect your work though.

Thanks guys & keep doin what you're doin! We'll sort it all out soon enough.

ram
12-03-2012, 07:10 PM
I have time to write, Ram, if you have time to draw.

Ok, cool Matt, where should we contact?
knowing you, you probably made a script already--
let me take a look at it

Matt
12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Until Saturday, we can talk via MT PM. After that, I'm gonna have Internet at home, so we can move to Skype or AIM or whatever you prefer.

And yes, I do have a few scripts, but I have some questions first. Check your messages.

ram
12-03-2012, 08:48 PM
I checked it and I can't see any messages, (either that or I can't understand how this new website works)

edit: also sorry for the late respond, I assume you're asleep already in that country so I didn't keep refreshing the page, also I was busy watching magi

Black_Shaggie
12-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Glad you guys are getting involved! I want yous to do your best so take your time & hammer out all the details. Are you gonna do 360s (turnarounds) of the characters 'cuz I wanna see 'em : )

ram
12-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't think so, since we're making a one-shot 12 pages, it'll be a pain in the bottox to do something like that.

ClockHand
12-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Gonna work on a 4 pages comic strip, so if this work for this, let me know (also, I haven't started, but I just got the idea, so let see what happens).

Black_Shaggie
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
That's cool Clock. I wanna do this so folks here at MT can have fun putting something out so, just work it out man. I'm doing the same. Again, I my plan is to get something ready to go by March, but if everybody's not ready its cool too. I want everybody involved to have fun so I'm not gonna get OCD about deadlines.

@ Ram: If you think its a pain then don't do it. It's just part of my own creation process. I do the turnarounds, a 'story bible' (you know, char bios, details on the setting, important plot threads, etc,.). It helps me sort out everything before I get to story boards & pencils. It's a good way for me to know EXACTLY how my chars are supposed to look (for consistency) & what the <bleep!> is going on frame for frame, so there'e no second guessing. I've started doing this for everything lately. But do your thing RAM I was just suggesting.

Actually I feel that it would make a 12 pager better than just a one shot & you could continue the story because you have the elements all mapped out for you story---even if it is a one shot it keeps every thing consistent & I'd wager it would make the whole thing flow better. (imo) ^_^

Again folks, time isn't an issue. If nobody's ready in March, Ima put out what I do have & yous guys can catch up in later issues.

Matt
12-05-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm totally okay with doing something longer than 12 pages, but then I have to consider Ram's workload. Writing, say, 36 comic pages doesn't take more than a couple days for me, but it takes a heck of a lot longer to draw and tone and ink that much.

Ram, I'll have everything to you by Friday night (Eastern US/Canada time). I'm already about 85&#37; done, but I have a ton of homework to do on Thursday, so I'm giving myself that day off.

ram
12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Well-- I don't ink a lot, as you can notice in my manga, I hate ink and just do lots of tones.
Also finish the character descriptions first so I can do the character designing, do it asap and send it to me!

Black_Shaggie
12-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Okay guys, the holidays are upon us, & everybody's busy with holiday stuff. Some of yous are more than likely still doing school stuff too. As always, please take your time on what you plan on putting in the mag.

Having said that, I'd like to see what kind of ideas everyone has. If you can, PM me with a synopsis, outline or story boards if you have them. It would be nice to see some examples of what you're working on too. Nothing super polished. Just rough character/ back ground sketches. If you're wanting to write a review or article let me know what you're going to write about. If you're planning on editing, PM me so we can talk about layout.

Like I said before, do what you like but keep it PG13.

Don't sweat deadlines right now, but show let me see your ideas & how you're approaching your part of the project. Someone may be able to help you make it better.

Have a great holiday!!

:cat_bye:

Nyx
12-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Hi there! I'm new here but I would love to help out in any way I can preferably drawing a short manga for the magazine if possible, and lastly writing lol I do love writing but really want to try at challenging myself and finally putting what I have cultivated so far into some use if I can. I'm nyx! Glad to be a part of MT! :) please let me know what I can do?

Black_Shaggie
02-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Hey folks, I've been working on some things since I last posted. I WAS gonna do the 1st issue with my story....but it's only 12 pages long & I flat out suck at writting articles & reviews. I mean, if anybody who said they were interested before the new year has anything (maybe a few pages of a story?), I'll go ahead & get a place set up to use for the zine.

If not, I'm gonna keep working on my manga until I have like 24-30 pages then try to get things cracking.

Please tell me someone has something to work with....:cat_noes:

MiKuRu
02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
SO....... Anything I can do to help out here :D? I could do practically anything so yeah.

Rio
02-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Hahah, just thought of something - maybe you can do a page detailing the anatomy of a moe character. Guess it'll come off like this:

http://www.ayecarumba.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/anatomy.gif

If you can't see the above, it's basically this image but in English:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z274/dadi2909/anatomy.gif

Here's another link for an English version:
http://images.enotenola.multiply.com/image/3iKkHVqdXFAzwZ4C7x3beA/photos/1M/300x300/171/Barts-anatomy.gif?et=c9tBno&#37;2CD%2CX2fzfmWbPC1mg&nmid=0

Sylux
02-11-2013, 01:19 AM
I can write up some stuff to submit, as well as artsy things. I'm working on that project with that guy from the Recruitment section.

Black_Shaggie
02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
That's cool Sy. Listen...anything'll be cool folks. I'm just wanting to do something fun so whatever's okay (within reason). If at least two other artists/writers teams or at least twice as many article/ tutorial folks can chime in with something tangible by the end of march (around the same time MiKuRu's saimoe contest is to start running) then we're golden.

If any of yous guys have ideas or stuff finished, let me see & we'll go from there.

MiKuRu
02-13-2013, 11:33 AM
@ Rio : Hmm Good idea :D. Since I'm done with my CNY holidays so perhaps I'll do just that ;D.

@ Black_shaggie: Perhaps I could start up a mini article about the saimoe contest. I'll see what I can do :D. I'll just pm you the stuff when I'm done.

Black_Shaggie
02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
I was gonna suggest that MikuRu...& that's awesome. I just didn't know if you'd wanna do that since I'm in the contest (Ima take it all in 2013!!). But, yes ma'am! Any contribution's welcome.

@ Rio: I can't see that link. Is it a tutorial?

Rio
02-13-2013, 03:42 PM
It's basically this except in English:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z274/dadi2909/anatomy.gif

It basically points to parts and says something like trouble detectors, short feet, escape mechanism, etc.

Sylux
02-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Hey, Shags, you got an e-mail for contact?

Black_Shaggie
02-14-2013, 10:08 AM
blackshagg@gmail.com (duh!)

I check it like every 2 hours so, I'm sure I'll get whatever yous send.

@ Rio: lol that's funny but cool. We should do it.