PDA

View Full Version : The Problem Thread

Pages : [1] 2

M3S1H
01-22-2011, 05:59 AM
Okay, so some of you may know, and some may not, but on the old forums I created a thread called "The Problem Thread." The basic idea for this thread was to post your problems, and people would try to help out or even point out what you can do to make the situation better. The same theme applies here, and I'll be watching over this thread like Rio watches over people who return and make their own thread in the Welcome Wagon, (and in case you didn't know, she kicks them to the curb. :eek:) so here's a few basic ground rules:

NO MAKING FUN OF OTHER PEOPLES' PROBLEMS. We're here to help out, not to be inconsiderate jerks and depress the hell out of people.

NO SPAMMING. There's a place for that, it's called the chatterbox.

NO TROLLING/FLAMING. The last thing I want in this thread is people fighting each to the point where this thread is virtually useless.

NO WHINING. This means no talking about how bad your life is, or about near-death experiences. We're here to make you happier, and frankly, that makes us want to stop.

So yeah...Just post your problems in hopes of getting aided in them. Good luck, if it's neccessary.

Aether
01-23-2011, 10:02 PM
I still have that sock problem, man. :[

Kodos
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Afur-chan, you're a problem!

Aether
01-23-2011, 10:04 PM
:'[

jubeh
01-23-2011, 10:43 PM
I pretty much hate my job but there aren't many alternatives. Hm. I need to find out how to get a job as a typist or something.

Evil_Cake
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM
when I try 2 go to sleep I cant breathe well so I just draw or watch infomercials and pass out eventually

violin
01-24-2011, 01:04 AM
I went to the shop just now and one of those trucks that cleans the snow didn't saw me (I didn't saw him either) he crossed my way and hit me. It's not a big deal as long as I'm fine and I am so far. But now I have to deal with all the things about fixing the car and don't have that much time to miss from work because I'm already running out of money. I also don't know if there is anything I can do so the insurance company wont rise my payments. I already pay about 150$ per month because they say I'm a young driver ( I do have about 5 years experience but abroad and never had an acident before).

Blue_Dragon
01-24-2011, 03:34 AM
@violin: if you get good grades, you can sometimes get a good student discount, if you send them proof. My parents insurance did that when I was with them. But then...I don't know what insurance companies are doing now a days (have none :/ )

jubeh
01-24-2011, 03:52 AM
when I try 2 go to sleep I cant breathe well so I just draw or watch infomercials and pass out eventually

Have you gone to the doctor for that.

Evil_Cake
01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
ya it didnt help tho

Renzokuken
01-24-2011, 04:04 PM
What's the easiest way to say no to someone who incessantly begs you to sleep with them despite saying no about 50 times.

**Keep in mind said person is 13.

pajamajam
01-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Threaten to call her mom.

Renzokuken
01-24-2011, 04:13 PM
:eek:

I like!!

But then there's the 'pedo' problem... >.>

jubeh
01-24-2011, 04:28 PM
:eek:

I like!!

But then there's the 'pedo' problem... >.>

http://jubeh.blogspot.com/2010/02/high-school-blues.html

I actually just wanted to stop her and be like listen. My name is james but this is highly inappropriate. But of course I don't. I let her think I'm a jerk because it's probably better this way.

Learn from my mistakes renzo.

Renzokuken
01-24-2011, 05:55 PM
I will. Thank you.

Aether
01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Punch her.

Rio
01-24-2011, 07:37 PM
^^^That's called assault.

LVUER
01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
It's not a big problem... but right now I'm confused when to buy PS3. At first I wanted to buy XBOX360, but everyone around screams PS3 (even the shopkeepers do that). So I think I will decide to buy PS3. The problem is now, when to buy...

I still have several PS2 games that I want to finish (like my recently bought Mana Khemia 2 and several other JRPG games). And if I buy PS3, I'm very sure that I won't touch my old PS2 for at least one year (and I still have Wii too...).

But right now, local stores around me sell PS3 quite cheap (they usually sell $200 for $400) and lots of people say now is the cheapest price for PS3. If I wait more, I'm afraid the price could get higher. (though AFAIK, electronics good gets cheaper since it gets obsolete with time)...

So, anybody could suggest when is the best time to buy it?

jubeh
01-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Um unless your market is wildly different than ours the prices should always go down. But chances are that ps3s are as cheap as they are ever going to be so it doesn't really matter when you buy it.

I sell games at a store btw. The only thing you should worry about is missing promotions and stuff.

LVUER
01-24-2011, 08:58 PM
In my market here, when PS3 enter my local store for the first time, it cost a whooping $500 (and so with XBOX360). Right now, even after Microsoft cut the non-slim XBOX360 price, it still costs more than $300 here. For PS3 right now, it costs about $320, the cheapest until now (and people say it is the cheapest possible for PS3 here).

So I could say our market is very different. Here, the price fluctuates a lot (perhaps because it's 100% imported goods).

angel_dreamer13
01-24-2011, 09:46 PM
um. how can I get my dad off my case. he wants me to get straight A's and go to this super high-class private school next year. =_=
I'm pretty smart but straight A's is not happening, and I think I'd really hate private school.

Rio
01-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Why not just tell your dad what you just said above?

angel_dreamer13
01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
I tried.
he insists I could get A's if I put any effort into my schoolwork (I do) and every time I turn down a school he recommended he suggests something fancier and more demanding.

Delphinus
01-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Why don't you try doing it? At least your parents are supportive when you want to go to private school rather than taking it as a personal attack...

M3S1H
01-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Trust me, it's not like that Delphinus. I already transferred cross-continent, and I just got the hang of the new language. My grades are so-so, with a "B" average, whereas my IQ is 137. I feel caged because of the point that I cannot understand some literature on tests, however my parents say a "B" average is pretty good for someone who spent only five months learning the language. Everything seems to be getting better for me though, my grades have been rising because of the fact that I'm getting the hang of this language. The connection I am trying to bind is that Angel's school problems are similar to mine. I know your dad wants you to try it out, and you absolutely refuse, and that it tears away inside of you - the same thing happened when I moved. My best advice for you is to not give in, but not be too dominant to your parents. Just explain the cons of the school to them, and explain that this pressure will drop your grades if it reaches a dangerous point. Other than that, there was a small trick that I used to keep my straight-A-streak, if you want to get straight-A's. It is quite simple, but most everyone overlooks it: Listen closely to the teacher. That's all there is to it. Listen and take notes word-for-word. Write down every single example the teacher shows, even write comments that the teacher added in his/her speech. To succeed in academics, your #1 priority is to notice. However, this may not work out if you don't already have a grip on the subject. My suggestion for understanding a new subject is to either look it through in your text-book, talk to your teacher when you feel it is appropriate, or search it up on the web. Through all these don't forget one thing: follow your calling. If you want to stay in your current school, tell your parents why, and explain why a new school will be worse in everything. Don't fall victim to the same game I did.

MiKuRu
01-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Parents and grades and school >_>.... Sigh...

angel_dreamer13
01-26-2011, 04:57 PM
@M3S1H: wow, a B average is really good if you're taking tests in your second language. I usually get a mix of A's and B's but I'm expecting my grades to be a lot lower this semester since I was out sick a lot. I'm not that concerned with getting A's though, as long as my grades are above a C I don't really care much. it's mainly my dad wanting my grades to be higher so I can get into one of the schools he's chosen for me. which is my main problem, that he's choosing the school. I'd rather go to the local public high school so I can stay with my friends, and also because I think it's better suited to my needs. I can't seem to make him understand how important this is to me though.

LVUER
01-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Some parents are like that. I'm a teacher so I deal with things like this a lot. There's one of my student. She get 8 (from 10) in math. Her parents really angry with her, claiming that she must get at least 9. That's totally irrational... most student could only get 6, so 8 is very very good (hell, when I was a student, 5 was the best I could get).

The problem is to convince your parents that you already did all you can and you didn't regret getting B since it's already your all. And yeah, B is good enough, really...

Unless your parents is genetically enhanced human with super brain, so you also should inherit his super genes... (jk).

angel_dreamer13
01-27-2011, 10:31 AM
for some reason my dad seems to think that I'm much smarter than I actually am, which has led to a lot of problems with school in general over the years. I'm going to try talking to him about the school again though, we'll see how it goes.

jubeh
01-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Man I am hardcore in debt right now. Gonna be eating ramen and water for the next month or so.

Hayashida
01-27-2011, 07:09 PM
sucks, man. :( At least ramen is delicious.

jubeh
01-27-2011, 07:10 PM
I have some stuff I can sell but no takers. My decision to go back to school this semester has backfired on me p bad.

Hayashida
01-27-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm sure things will work out for you man. Just punch your problems in the face. In fact, go to a bank and punch someone in the face and then ask for some money. I don't see anything wrong with that.

jubeh
01-27-2011, 08:17 PM
You are right I wonder why nobody ever does that.

Hayashida
01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Yes, it is strange.

LVUER
01-27-2011, 08:34 PM
You at least need a handgun to do that. Better if you also have a shotgun or automatic rifles... and a car, a high-speed car.

M3S1H
01-28-2011, 04:45 AM
I'm supposed to get an honor roll, but my Turkish is a "D", (because I just started speaking Turkish) but my average is a "B", so they decided not to give me one because if Turkish is below a "C", you automatically don't get one. Oh yeah, and they want to throw me back a grade because they don't have kindergarten, and they think it's pre-school. They just don't seem to understand. Personally, I think microbe-brained douche bags run the education system...but oh well, I might move back to the states if it doesn't go well.

Shinyy
01-28-2011, 07:04 AM
I have a problem. My dad keeps taking my xbox away =(. Its like the 3rd times this year...and the year just started!

Hayashida
01-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Well shiny, does he give you a reason why he keeps taking it away? Maybe it's a punishment for something you're doing. Perhaps if you find out what it is you're doing that causes this problem, you can stop doing that and then you wont get it taken away.

Bacon_Barbarian
01-28-2011, 03:57 PM
I hate nick-names. Hate them... Some are OK, but my God. People are dolts. *vents*

pajamajam
01-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Quit whining, Barbie.

I know what you mean, actually. The next person who calls me Mags is gonna get shot.

jubeh
01-28-2011, 07:19 PM
What about magzilla.

pajamajam
01-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Magzilla is acceptable.

violin
01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
I hate nick-names. Hate them... Some are OK, but my God. People are dolts. *vents*

That's why I don't use a nickname :)

Rio
01-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah, you may not use one but then folks just give you one even if you don't want one. What I hate are those who try to be cute about it. Seriously, I've heard every Rio joke there is - Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande, River, Blame in on Rio, blah blah blah.

M3S1H
01-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Wow. That must kind of suck Rio. I'm pretty sure we've all had those embarassing nicknames - my aunt used to watch over me when I went to my grandma's house (she was like 15 at the time, and I was 5 or 4) and my cousin came over too. (we all lived in the same town) She took the first letter of our names, and then put a vowel which sounded appropriate, then a letter of our name which also sounded appropriate, then "osh" at the ending. So I ended up with the nickname "Memosh", and I was kind of stuck with it until I turned about eleven. Now, my cousin and I gave a nickname to my aunt's 2-year-old kid :p.

angel_dreamer13
01-29-2011, 12:37 PM
the other day someone called me Al-Pal. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Renzokuken
01-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Lol, why not? It sounds pretty cool.

angel_dreamer13
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I might not mind as much if I didn't hate the dude who said it. :/ he somehow made it ten times more annoying.

Renzokuken
01-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Oh, lmao. I bet he's one of those that has no idea that he's annoying which makes them that much more annoying.

You should like, tell him straight that you don't like to be called that. If he persists, eliminate him.

butternut
01-29-2011, 01:15 PM
What should I do to wake up early in the morning? Its p.cold right now, and i hate the cold. i tried everything - alarm clock with a really bad tone, asking people to wake me up, sleeping early(but i sometimes can't, i just keep tossing and turning)...everything i can! and it's really important because if i dont get up, i sleep in till noon, and its screwing my life.

Evil_Cake
01-29-2011, 01:19 PM
have u tried sleeping in enough clothes so its not cold when u get out of bed

butternut
01-29-2011, 01:28 PM
yup. I wear at least 3 layers and still use a comforter.

Rio
01-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh, you're like me with the cold. As for waking up.... I use two alarms. They go off 30 minutes from each other. If I miss the first one, the second one usually does the trick.

butternut
01-29-2011, 02:06 PM
hmm, thank you, guess i'll try it out. But i dont know if it'll work coz i usually switch it off and go to sleep. what if i do it to both?

Rio
01-29-2011, 02:09 PM
You're screwed? ;P

Personally, in my foggy consciousness, I know it's an alarm and I make the effort to get up or at least take the blanket off because the fastest way to wake up is to get cold.

Hayashida
01-29-2011, 02:12 PM
How cold does it get where you live in the morning? o_O

Rio
01-29-2011, 02:22 PM
lol Not that cold but I'm not normal. I use the comforter even in the summer because I think the AC is too damn cold. I could even wear jeans even if it's hot outside.

Hayashida
01-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Sometimes I wear socks and a sweater to bed during the winter if it gets really cold. Thats about it though. In the morning I jump out of bed and run for the hot shower and that usually wakes me up good.

butternut
01-29-2011, 02:30 PM
right now, about 48-50 degrees. All my life i never lived in a place that went below 60 and now i'm in a desert :|

Hayashida
01-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Is that Fahrenheit? its gotta be fahrenheit. So thats like 8 degrees C? I guess if you lived in the desert that'd seem cold.

butternut
01-29-2011, 02:56 PM
yup it is...it went sub-zero (in deg. C) earlier this month. its a living Hell-Hole.
It goes upto 50 deg C in summers, but i dont mind the heat, so..

angel_dreamer13
01-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Oh, lmao. I bet he's one of those that has no idea that he's annoying which makes them that much more annoying.

You should like, tell him straight that you don't like to be called that. If he persists, eliminate him.
will do. (the eliminating part)
for waking up, I use two alarm clocks spaced 10 minutes apart, hit snooze on both, and then go back to sleep until my dad wakes me up. :D I cannot get out of bed in the morning.

butternut
01-29-2011, 03:32 PM
I know, parents are like the best people for stuff like this! I miss living in my home :'( oh well! living on your own has is fun too..

angel_dreamer13
01-29-2011, 03:35 PM
when I live on my own I really am going to sleep until noon at least. nothing wakes me up. NOTHING.

pajamajam
01-29-2011, 05:05 PM
It takes a lot to wake me up. I have an alarm clock on my computer desk, and I also use my ipod and cell phone. I think I have like three alarms set on my ipod alone and it has a super annoying alarm tone.

My dad's worse, though. He's hard of hearing so he has the loudest freaking alarm in the world. I swear the neighbors hear it when it goes off in the morning. And it still takes him like thirty minutes to get up and shut it off.

LVUER
01-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Hook your alarm with C4. You'll wake up when your life in the line... (jk)

You don't need a real three alarms. I only use my (a single) cellphone, but I set two alarms setting, set one hour apart (I always wake several hours earlier).

pajamajam
01-29-2011, 08:49 PM
I keep my phone next to my bed, my alarm clock on my desk, and my ipod somewhere where I have to dig for it but can still hear it. I'm really good at shutting off alarms in my sleep, so I kind of do need the different alarms or I'll never wake up.

LVUER
01-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Put those alarm on where you must actually walk to turn it off. If you already walk, you already wake up... unless you are a sleepwalker (or whatever it's called).

pajamajam
01-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I have to walk to my desk to turn my alarm clock off. I then have to find my ipod. I have a hard time actually waking up. I tend to turn my alarms off while I'm half conscious and fall back asleep. I could put a foghorn in my bathroom that has a randomly changing ten-digit code to turn it off and get used to it after a while and go back to sleep after disabling it. After 22 years of being a heavy sleeper, I've learned a thing or two about how to wake myself up. If patronizing someone actually solved their problems, I'd be a millionaire right now.

LVUER
01-30-2011, 05:19 AM
That's ...scary 0_0
I myself is a person who could do anything told to when I still half-asleep (or when suddenly but quietly woken up in the middle of my sleep), but never that bad. But I believe there are people with problem far worse than that.

My brother told me that once I change clothes (half asleep), answer his question correctly (still half asleep), go back to sleep, and didn't remember anything the day after. Not that I'm proud of this...

M3S1H
01-30-2011, 07:53 AM
@Angel: I slept until 3 pm today...over here, it's winter break, (finally!) and I decided to literally stay up for the whole night...then I woke up, checked the clock, and found out I just wasted the entire morning/noon sleeping :p.

@LVUER: I've had problems like that too, but not as frequently. On several occassions, I was known to wake up, (eyes open, and such) walk to a bathroom or kitchen, or even someone else's bedroom, and either take a piss, eat a snack, or wake someone up. It doesn't really happen anymore, but I don't remember doing any of those things, plus, it wasn't really a problem for me.

butternut
01-30-2011, 08:21 AM
@LUVER I used to do that too, but when woken up. I can never wake up on time on my own! @_@

There was a time when I slept for around 28-30 hours straight, non-stop. They were very dark times...

Rio
01-30-2011, 12:44 PM
^^^ It's those kinds of words that makes me wonder if you're narcoleptic. Are you?

I can only fall asleep till around noon. I can't stay in bed all day. My back starts to hurt and it just gets uncomfortable (and I've got a nice memory foam mattress!).

butternut
01-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Hehe, no i'm not. it was just this once, exactly one year ago, when it was cold, i was lazy and refused to get out of the comfort of my warm blanket. I'd wake up, think for a few minutes, and decide to go back to sleep...until one of my friends just comes into my room and forces me out of the bed. Lesson learnt from experience.Never ever repeating it again.
Also, never settling in a really cold place ever.

Rio
01-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Also, never settling in a really cold place ever.This. I'm with you on that score. I'm thinking of retiring to Hawaii. I don't want to move to Florida or move to a 3rd world country though I will probably save more money that way and I don't want to move to the southwest US.

Hayashida
01-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Move to Laos. You can survive really well on like 50 USD a month.

Rio
01-30-2011, 01:21 PM
I said I didn't want to move to a 3rd world country. Expenses may be low but I don't particularly care to loose all the creature comforts that I'm used to plus have an iffy access to medical services.

Hayashida
01-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Ah, c'mon, I'm sure Laos is better than everyone thinks it is.
Also I want to travel to Laos some time. It looks amazing there.

Rio
01-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Travel there and let me know how it is. C:

butternut
01-30-2011, 01:49 PM
=D Hawaii sounds good...don't know about Laos.
I don't really know where, I guess anywhere will do as long as it's sunny, close to the sea, and has internet!

And I had this idea of traveling over the world and writing stories about people.

angel_dreamer13
01-30-2011, 04:07 PM
That's ...scary 0_0
I myself is a person who could do anything told to when I still half-asleep (or when suddenly but quietly woken up in the middle of my sleep), but never that bad. But I believe there are people with problem far worse than that.

My brother told me that once I change clothes (half asleep), answer his question correctly (still half asleep), go back to sleep, and didn't remember anything the day after. Not that I'm proud of this...
oh god, I've done the weirdest things while I'm asleep. I once got up, sleepwalked downstairs, turned off my house alarm (with the correct code), sleepwalked back upstairs, and went back to bed. my dad was not happy when he woke up and the alarm wasn't on. he's really strict about security. :/

LVUER
01-30-2011, 06:43 PM
@Rio & Hayashida:
Indeed, medical service would be your biggest concern if you want to live in 3rd world country. Here, you (as civilian) must pay all your medical expenses on your own (except if you have insurance, but that's a different matter). There are lots of cases where people get bankrupt (or into poverty in an instant) just to cover their medical bill...

It's a true story, believe it!

Bacon_Barbarian
01-31-2011, 06:09 PM
This is why Im moving to Canada.

angel_dreamer13
01-31-2011, 09:30 PM
enjoy the cold. and the poutine.

M3S1H
02-01-2011, 03:44 AM
^Ditto

Oh, btw, if you do move there, tell Hayashida I said "Hi."

Delphinus
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Have fun being a subject. The Queen is better than you. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations)

Hayashida
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Del you say that as if the Queen could totally just do anything she wanted.

Delphinus
02-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Well in theory she could.

LVUER
02-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I heard from the news that the parliament (or whatever it's called in UK) that they rejected paying Queen's heating bill since it's too expensive.

PWhit
02-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Here's my problem: My teacher gave us homework but I don't know what the hell she wanted me to do. There is no solution, I tried everything. >:(

angel_dreamer13
02-02-2011, 10:03 PM
having relationship problems -_-' I've never really been in a relationship before so I have no idea how to deal with this...
so heres my question: should I beat the guy who's being a jerk to me or let someone else do it? there are plenty of people who want to.

jubeh
02-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Are you joking about resorting to violence or not.

You know what, either way the answer is the same. It is never okay to hit a person over a petty argument.

angel_dreamer13
02-02-2011, 10:28 PM
yeah, I was joking. I wouldn't actually hit him and I wouldn't let someone else either.

Zoe
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
having relationship problems -_-' I've never really been in a relationship before so I have no idea how to deal with this...
so heres my question: should I beat the guy who's being a jerk to me or let someone else do it? there are plenty of people who want to.

a) If you care about this person at all, rather than fighting over things sit down and talk about it. I know it sounds cheesy and all, but it's really necessary if you wish to have a continued relationship with this person. If you just fight about things, you're both going to end up feeling hurt and sad. It's also perfectly possible that he doesn't even realize that he's hurting your feelings (no, really, boys are stupid sometimes). I know that almost all the times that my boyfriend has said or done something that hurt me, he didn't really know that he what he had done.

b) If you don't really care about him, just tell him briefly that you feel he's being a jerk and that you don't want to see him anymore and leave it at that.

jubeh
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
That is awesome advice for adults but I have a hard time seeing young teens talking. Like really talking. Unless my assumption is incorrect and angel dreamer is an adult.

Hayashida
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Talking is a good way of conveying how you feel to someone. Another good way is by pushing them over; into a pile of mud if possible.

jubeh
02-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm telling you man sometimes your advice is kind of out there.

Zoe
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Meh, IMO, it's how any relationship (romantic or otherwise) should be handled. While it's true that at a young age you probably aren't going to have a very deep talk about it, it's just good to get feelings out there.

Rio
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
And having a hissy fit and ignoring them and then acting in a way to hurt them even more until it all blows over and then you guys can make up. Ahhhh... teen drama. It's a good thing I never went through that!

Hayashida
02-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Rio, you have years to make up for then! You better go outside right now and punch the first thing you see in the face, even if it's a child or a small animal.

jubeh
02-02-2011, 11:04 PM
It's a good thing I never went through that!

Did you shoot out of the womb as an adult or something.

Hayashida
02-02-2011, 11:14 PM
I feel bad for Rio's mother now.

Jpg
02-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Rio, you have years to make up for then! You better go outside right now and punch the first thing you see in the face, even if it's a child or a small animal.

I took your advice, it didn't help.
And if you're curious as to what I punched in the face, well, it was a baby seal.

Maybe Rio just matured faster than us or dates mature people.
It is possible, am I right?

Evil_Cake
02-03-2011, 01:18 PM
And if you're curious as to what I punched in the face, well, it was a baby seal.well theres ur problem, you have to club those or it doesnt work

Sylux
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.urdua.com/mazah_corner/funny_pictures/images/warranty_void_if_seal_is_broken.jpg

Jpg
02-03-2011, 03:10 PM
well theres ur problem, you have to club those or it doesnt work

Club those?
Like this?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3298/3481728389_abb06e380c_o.jpg

Rio
02-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Nah, I think I'll probably make up for it with one heck of a mid-life crises. Either that or I'll snap one day and be all over the evening news. xD

Hayashida
02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Club those?
Like this?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3298/3481728389_abb06e380c_o.jpg

What party animals.

M3S1H
02-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Well, I'm not sure if it's a problem, but I think my personality is starting to split off. Ever since I was a kid, whenever I got angry, it was like I was another person, but ever since my life has been a block of problems, I feel like someone's talking to me within my mind. At first, I didn't really notice it, but now I feel like I argue with that voice. The more I think about it, it sounds like my best friend (I moved so I can't see him anymore) and I feel like I'm putting myself in his view. We used to always think about the same thing ever since we met 12 years ago, so I think it might be a little normal trying to recreate his voice within myself - kind of like asking myself what my friend would do, but now I act like two completely different people - either the happy-go-lucky person, or the emotion-less boy. I'm not sure what to do, but it seems school seems to be the cause of this, because they want to send me a grade back, because they don't have kindergarten here. Lately, I've kind of "given up", and I decided that whatever happens, happens. I don't want to make choices anymore - I don't even have much choices anymore. I don't want to think for myself anymore... I never imagined that I would turn out like this, but I guess life's not fun - at all. I don't want these problems anymore, as soon as I solve one, another appears. I feel like I'm being brutally slaughtered, and people hear my screams, but they decide not to help, rather watch in joy instead. I have always detatched myself from society, but I think I'm on my last limb now. I discovered that here, people don't have rights, much rather a system carries their rights. This system is run by corrupt beings - humans lower than the filthiest animals in this world. Today marks the day I pull the plug on choosing, deciding right from wrong, having emotions, and being helpful. All I want now is a normal life, but I guess that's not coming my way anytime soon. All I request from everyone is this - do not turn out like me. Do not move to a country, even if your parents force you, that doesn't give you justice or freedom.

HardToExplain
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIN!

Yara
02-04-2011, 07:16 PM
@HtE: It's music that is crawling, don't worry ;P

@M3S1H: You have to talk to your parents about what you said. My parents aren't perfect and sometimes they have a high voice tone when they give me advice (which I really don't like), but I still consult them. Nothing wrong to consult parents even if you're an adult. I'll do my best to help if you want.

Delphinus
02-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Well, I'm not sure if it's a problem, but I think my personality is starting to split off...
Sounds more like major (clinical) depression, actually. Which is understandable given the circumstances. See if you can get booked in with a therapist or get a prescription for antidepressants somewhere.

Linz
02-04-2011, 08:29 PM
LOL@DIAGNOSINGSERIOUSMENTALHEALTHCONDITIONSOVERINT ERWEBLOL.

pajamajam
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
M3S1H: Del is dumb and not qualified to make that sort of diagnosis. Don't listen to him. Talk to your parents or a school counselor or another adult you can trust about your problems.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Not that therpaists are a bad thing.

pajamajam
02-04-2011, 11:46 PM
They're not. Therapy is a really great tool for working through problems and really helps a lot. I'm just saying you shouldn't accept a diagnosis from some kid on the internet who looks at Google Health and thinks he's a psychiatrist.

Also, meds aren't for everybody. It can be a long and terrifying process trying to find a medication that works for you, and it gets a lot worse if your doctor doesn't listen to what you have to say about how it affects you. There's no magic pill to cure any mental health condition, and I don't think a lot of people realize that.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-05-2011, 10:37 AM
I agree with everything you said. I just didn't want M3S1H to think therapists were bad because Delph mentioned them.

Delphinus
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Wow. You guys are the masters at overreacting to a one-line post.

M3S1H
02-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Yes! I'm having a court case tomorrow and my dad told me if it doesn't go well, we're going back to the USA! I think I just broke through my depression! (I get depressed all the time but when I get the slightest bit of good news, I shatter that depression...weird, isn't it?)

angel_dreamer13
02-06-2011, 03:23 PM
that's great to hear, you sounded really upset earlier. :)
whats the court case about though? (if you don't mind my asking. if you do, you can ignore me.)

M3S1H
02-07-2011, 04:28 AM
The case is about the education system. We have proof that the education system here is wrong/corrupt, and they just decided to "wave it off", so we had the right to sue them. HOWEVER, the judge will just ask them what grade I am supposed to go to, and just ditch it like that. My dad doesn't want to go back either (it was a false alarm, and my dad is totally against going back now), so I guess I'm kind of screwed... I guess I'll just have to find out something to save myself.

J_Mizu
02-07-2011, 05:21 AM
Im single again.
because my boyfriend broke up with me... and a few days later I found out that he cheated on me.
orz

Yara
02-07-2011, 09:07 AM
@M3S1H: It's not weird to become happy for something little while you're depressed.
Regarding your case, I hope it gets solved and you win *hopes*
In some well-known Egyptian universities: you have money, you get the grade you want.. and sometimes the Bachelor/Master/PhD you want. I thought this may help you feel better because education there is very corrupted.

@Mizu: a little story that happened to my friend's sister:
She was a nice outgoing girl. One of the guys thought that she's an easy-to-get girl, so you know, he wanted to have fun and stuff.
He went to her while she was walking with friends and just said: "I love you". She looked at him confidently and said: "If you really love me, ask for my hands"
The guy was shocked hehehe XD But guess what? He went to her family and asked for her hands! and they are married now.
While my friend was telling me the story, I didn't expect her sister to be so direct like that, and never expected the guy to ask for her hands hehe =P
You deserve a better guy than this cheaty one, and hopefully you find the knight of your dreams ^_^

Slurpee
02-07-2011, 05:10 PM
O-o wow yara, thats amazing.

LVUER
02-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Reading Yara story reminds me of story I heard from my boss. She have a sister-in-law who went aboard to study (and eventually settles, following the rest of her family) in Germany. They come from a rather strong-tradition Asian family, so they take things like marriage VERY seriously (and obviously, no pre-sex marriage). A blatant contrast with playful Germans.

She had a German boyfriend and actually all her family were against it (they told that she'd better find an Asian boyfriend). Eventually, they broke up due some problems. Her boyfriend begged her to be his girlfriend again and told her again and again that he's very serious with her and didn't want things to end up like that. At that time, she was going to go back to here (Indonesia) due some family issue.

Do you know what she said? She said "If you really love me, propose me next month..." Obviously, the following month, she would already be in Indonesia. And guess what, the following month, that guy really took a flight to Indonesia. Now they are married, have children, and live happily ^_^

violin
02-08-2011, 12:42 AM
I have a slight problem. I need to disinfect my wound but I don't know what to do. I used some alchocol and managed to stop the bleeding but I want to buy something tomorrow so next time I hurt my self I'll have something.

I think I'll lose the nail on that finger. It was very bad :(
Who would have thought that opening a package of sugar could be so dangerous :D

ClockHand
02-08-2011, 01:27 AM
For any person who just broke up with someone (or someone kick you):

Stop crying about how bad you feel, how much you love her/him and she/he doesn't love you anymore. Relationships end in good way or bad way, but at the end, it just end. And you should feel grateful for having that, for having for that tiny moment someone who love you, someone who was with you, someone who support you. Is not the end of the relationship what's matter, are the things you live in the relationship, the good and bad times. And if you can't be grateful for that... well you are missing the whole point, because relationships are going to end no matter what.

Delphinus
02-08-2011, 05:42 AM
And also: you look pathetic when you cry about 'love', especially when it's clear there wasn't much there anyway. Do you want to look pathetic?

M3S1H
02-08-2011, 06:35 AM
I don't think I can help you much there, Mizu. I mean, sure we've all had a reasonable amount of heart-breaks, but if he cheated on you, that makes him the jerk. So I guess this way it means that if this went on, he would've cheated even more, so it's kind of a good thing that he broke up with you.

As for Violin...I'm not a doctor, but I do study anatomy. My best suggestion is to have something keep it supported. After taking care of that priority,(to keep yourself protected for the time being) go straight to a doctor and sort it out with him/her, in case it's infected. (Remember, I'm not a doctor, I just adore anatomy, but I suggest using this method.)

Oh, and I'm happy again, so I just decided to give up on this whole depression/happiness thing and just wait for the final answer because it's SO FREAKING ANNOYING to get depressed and happy in a seemingly never-ending cycle, but yeah, I'm happy again :D.

Rio
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
@ violin
If you stopped the bleeding, all you can really do is add ointment, make sure it's bandaged, and if you can, cut the nail off if it's ripped because it'll just get in the way (your nail will grow back so don't worry). You'll have to keep redressing it and adding ointment; I say once a day or if you get your band aid dirty, more than once a day. Wash any dried blood away but don't pick at your wound. You'll only make it worse or it'll just prolong your healing. There really isn't really any need to see a doctor unless you broke your finger or something.

I'm not a doctor but I get lots of cuts and run through lots of bandages like crazy. :3

ClockHand
02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Violin @

Man up, if you don't have feber you don't have a problem. Just clean the wound and let it to the air (no bandages) and done.

I have sliced my hand and lost peaces of meat and I didn't went to the clinic or anything. So you just have to clean and stop bleeding.

pajamajam
02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
If you're going to let it air like clock says, wait for the wound to be completely closed first. I wouldn't suggest letting it air at all, since that makes it easier to get infections. Don't go to the doctor unless there's swelling, it keeps bleeding vigorously, or it gets infected and the infection doesn't go away after a day or so. Next time you cut yourself, clean it and remember to apply pressure to stop the bleeding or it'll bleed a lot longer than it would otherwise.

Rio
02-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Btw, use peroxide for cleaning out wounds. Good stuff. Stings though.

pajamajam
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Remember to rinse it with water after. I hear the bubbles can be bad news. Anyway, they already cleaned it with alcohol, so you know they don't care about stinging.

Yara
02-08-2011, 02:53 PM
@Slurpee: hehe ^_^
@LVUER: Your story is more amazing than mine! =D
@Violin: When I read that it happened because of opening a package of sugar, I was like "OH, NOOO! OUCH!!". The guys answers are p. good.
@M3S1H: Glad to hear that =) I wanted to say some stuff, but I'm not Dr. Phil ;P

I feel so talkative tonight ~_~"

ClockHand
02-08-2011, 02:57 PM
@M3S1H: Glad to hear that =) I wanted to say some stuff, but I'm not Dr. Phil ;P

I feel so talkative tonight ~_~"

Do you understand that he is a douchebag who know nothing?

M3S1H
02-08-2011, 03:07 PM
We all know that Dr.Phil is a douchebag that knows nothing, and one time he made a girl call herself the ugliest person alive. It was pretty damn hilarious.

Yara
02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Clock, I know!.. but don't call him douchebag =/

ClockHand
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
no problem, he has many names (douchebag, asshole, cocksucker, etc).

violin
02-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. Yes I did applied preasure to stop the bleading and used water to rinse it. I used alchochol to prevent infection. My finger still hurts but it look ok - no swelling.

I bought peroxide today and some bandages. I hope I won't have to use them.

I know my mather used iodine when I had injures as a kid. I wonder if that's avaliable at the drug store.

LVUER
02-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Speaking of fingernails comes off, I've lost my fingernails twice (both are feet nail, but I don't know the English word). The entire nails just come off and I bleed a little (and some other liquid). I ran barefoot and kick some log HARD. Since it's a thumbs-nail that so big, I feel a waste to throw it off, so I keep it someplace... The nails grows back of course, but the old nail still looks better (not that I miss it though).

pajamajam
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
I think the word you're looking for is toenail. It's like a fingernail, but it's on your toe.

I once stubbed my toe on a wood chair and got a giant blister under the nail on my big toe. It took my big brother, my next door neighbor, and my mom (when she got home) all trying to get it out before I just clipped the nail down and yanked it out with some tweezers. It was like an inch long and all this blood started pouring out. My mom made me cut off the part of the nail that was over the splinter so we could clean and bandage it, and then I had to wear a sock over the bandage for like a week until it healed. It was summer and I was used to running around barefoot, so it sucked balls.

LVUER
02-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Auch... with big A. Just reading it makes me shiver...

Hayashida
02-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Speaking of fingernails comes off, I've lost my fingernails twice (both are feet nail, but I don't know the English word). The entire nails just come off and I bleed a little (and some other liquid). I ran barefoot and kick some log HARD. Since it's a thumbs-nail that so big, I feel a waste to throw it off, so I keep it someplace... The nails grows back of course, but the old nail still looks better (not that I miss it though).You keep your old toenails? That's messed up dude

Celestial-Fox
02-09-2011, 02:06 AM
You keep your old toenails? That's messed up dude

Not gonna lie; I always wanted to keep my old nails in some sort of jar just to freak people out.

Evil_Cake
02-09-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1i4pvF8NlE

M3S1H
02-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Cake, that was epic. A little disturbing/gross, but still epic.

Delphinus
02-09-2011, 05:53 PM
I want people to constantly praise me and give me affection/material goods/status but I don't actually care about them or how they feel about me so long as they serve me. I also feign empathy and emotions even though I don't really care about anyone or anything aside from when people try to assert power over me rather than submitting to me - in these cases I have a violent urge to stamp them into the ground either figuratively or literally. Is this a problem?

M3S1H
02-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Not really Delph. You are who you are. I mean everyone wants to be served and live a life of luxury if possible. I also have the same urge to screw them up - when I get mad the only thing I think about is how I can make someone suffer, and drag every piece of pain through them, rather than to kill them and make the pain pass easily. In my eyes, what you described seems to be a competitive personality - you always want to be on the top. It can be a problem when interacting with others, but other than that, it doesn't seem too big of a problem, if it's even a problem at all...except for the part where you disguise your own emotions. That's kind of badass, but can also come back to you if you don't use it right.

Evil_Cake
02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I want people to constantly praise me and give me affection/material goods/status but I don't actually care about them or how they feel about me so long as they serve me. I also feign empathy and emotions even though I don't really care about anyone or anything aside from when people try to assert power over me rather than submitting to me - in these cases I have a violent urge to stamp them into the ground either figuratively or literally. Is this a problem?

Yeah.

violin
02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
It looks wrong for me. I like when people help each other and I'm always willing to help. And it doesn't make you feel good when you see that the person you just help doesn't care at all. Violence is always wrong - not much to say here.

M3S1H
02-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Well, I finally OFFICIALLY won the case, or even just my rightful position. I'm awaiting my next problem :p.

Slurpee
02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I have a problem too. I wish to live my life differently but my mother says that I cannot. It's not like I'm hurting anyone. How do you get someone to respect you? I couldn't care about acceptance. I just want to be treated nicer by my mom =l

M3S1H
02-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Well first of all, how old are you? If you're more towards your teen and below years, then you still have a bunch of stuff to live up to and to complete, and if you're a teen or below, I suggest having a talk with your parents, and if they don't understand, talk with your friends. I once had a friend that had an older brother take away his items and hide them whenever he received a bad grade. I talked with my friend and we found where his items were and executed a plan to take the items back. If you can't get through to your parents, get through to someone else. Living your life your way is literally your choice, hence the saying "You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink." Just live your life the way you want to as long as it's not dangerous or risky, and it won't harm anyone. If you're above your teen years, this will be no problem whatsoever. Once you hit age 18, you're your own individual - nobody is permitted to force a lifestyle upon you. The same goes for other people - you cannot force respect out of someone. On the contrary, you can only earn respect. You must do something helpful, caring, and selfless to earn respect. Hope this helps!

Rio
02-16-2011, 11:21 PM
There's always hope that someone will change their attitude towards you but sometimes... you just got to learn not to give a silly goose. If someone mistreats you, says bad things about you, or just don't plain like you for no reason, maybe it's just better to walk away and not care about what they think about you? It's a lot less stressful and you won't have that heavy baggage to lug around.

Yara
02-17-2011, 01:26 PM
@ Del: well, it's a problem but I'm sure you can solve it. Try to learn how to calm down. It's hard at the beginning and takes time, but the results are guaranteed. Never say something out of anger; it will hurt the other person and you. I'm not sure if I got it right, but I understood that you don't like orders? That's ok to some extent because some geeks (agile programmers) don't like to have bossy people who order them what to do.

@ M1S3H: Good to know that you won the case.. Congrats ^_^ LoL! your waiting for your next problem O_o good luck then ;P

@ Slurpee: Treat parents as they want you to do so and you'll get yourself away of troubles. Sometimes parents don't want you to be an open book when you talk to them about your feelings or some problems (like mine).

Well, this may make you feel better: In my point of view (because my parents surely will have another point of view ^_^) , my parents are asking me to respect them while I don't get the respect I deserve since I'm already a grown up woman. What do I do? Respect them .. but in the same time keep in mind that your parents do their best to make your life better and happier even if they don't declare that. For example, I didn't know that my father likes me that much since I used to have some problems with him when I was a teenager. I regret every thought and bad feelings I had towards him.

Treat people nicely and don't wait them to treat you in the same way. If you treated them badly as they do with you, you'll degrade yourself to their level.
When you become a father, remember to become a better father for your children - not too spoily and not too tough, but something between <-- YARA! he's still too young!! heheh XD

Sylux
02-17-2011, 01:48 PM
@ Del: well, it's a problem but I'm sure you can solve it. Try to learn how to calm down. It's hard at the beginning and takes time, but the results are guaranteed. Never say something out of anger; it will hurt the other person and you. I'm not sure if I got it right, but I understood that you don't like orders? That's ok to some extent because some geeks (agile programmers) don't like to have bossy people who order them of what to do.
The dude's a bloody psychopath; there's absolutely no saving him.

Yara
02-17-2011, 02:01 PM
The dude's a bloody psychopath; there's absolutely no saving him.

No man =( I'm sure he can go though it. Since he noticed and asked if it's a problem to have such feelings, I feel positively that he can change. A psychological will help him more.

There are people who have no feelings; it's a personal choice on which side you want to be. There was an Arab student who said in a cold-hearted way during Gaza's war: "I just don't care". On the contrary, the other students in the hostel were watching the news daily with worries. She chose to be on that side.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 03:18 PM
He's just trolling. He hates laughter and feels no empathy, and shows no desire to get 'better', so I say .

GunZet
02-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Del is in the group of 'brains' around MT. So his only true problem should be getting a girlfriend, and friends in general, no offense bruh. Just sayin'.

Slurpee
02-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Well first of all, how old are you? If you're more towards your teen and below years, then you still have a bunch of stuff to live up to and to complete, and if you're a teen or below, I suggest having a talk with your parents, and if they don't understand, talk with your friends. I once had a friend that had an older brother take away his items and hide them whenever he received a bad grade. I talked with my friend and we found where his items were and executed a plan to take the items back. If you can't get through to your parents, get through to someone else. Living your life your way is literally your choice, hence the saying "You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink." Just live your life the way you want to as long as it's not dangerous or risky, and it won't harm anyone. If you're above your teen years, this will be no problem whatsoever. Once you hit age 18, you're your own individual - nobody is permitted to force a lifestyle upon you. The same goes for other people - you cannot force respect out of someone. On the contrary, you can only earn respect. You must do something helpful, caring, and selfless to earn respect. Hope this helps!

Well, my decision won't be hurting anyone. If it will, the only person won't benefit or even get hurt is me. I think the problem is trying to make my parents understand when to let go.

Delphinus
02-17-2011, 03:59 PM
So his only true problem should be getting a girlfriend, and friends in general...

Man, there's nobody good enough that I know... well, one person but she's like super-rich and lives a totally different life to me. >__>

GunZet
02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Doesn't matter, man. Get at it.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Am I good enough for you, bb? Oh wait I'm like 13

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I agree with GunZet, except I wouldn't do it myself. I totally wimp out of love, but my advice seems to work on others, so just complete this process, and you shall be good-to-go.

1) Study her.
Find out her likes & interests, if she's single, what she completely despises, etc.

2) Prepare a gift.
It doesn't have to be something big, just something that she'll love and think about. This ensures that she'll think highly of you. (Send it as something anonymous and see her reaction beforehand to see if she'll pay attention to you.)

3) Ask.
If everything is set, and nothing's wrong, your chance is shining. Admit that you sent that gift, and that you like her. You might want to make your physical appearance better than your usual though. You need her to see the highest possible form of you and everything about you.

Hope it goes well.

Delphinus
02-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Ahaha. I didn't say I wanted a girlfriend, although having a reliable supply of sex, compliments, and conversation would be nice.

GunZet
02-17-2011, 06:56 PM
The reliable part is more or less not true...

ClockHand
02-18-2011, 12:17 AM
I agree with GunZet, except I wouldn't do it myself. I totally wimp out of love, but my advice seems to work on others, so just complete this process, and you shall be good-to-go.

1) Stalk her.
Find out her likes & interests, if she's single, what she completely despises, etc.

2) Show that you are not poor (and have plenty of money).
It doesn't have to be something big, just something that she'll love and think about. This ensures that she'll think highly of you. (Send it as something anonymous and see her reaction beforehand to see if she'll pay attention to you.)

3) No idea what I'm talking about.
If everything is set, and nothing's wrong, your chance is shining. Admit that you sent that gift, and that you like her. You might want to make your physical appearance better than your usual though. You need her to see the highest possible form of you and everything about you.

Hope it goes well.

Bad. You only need to act like George Clooney.

Yara
02-18-2011, 01:39 AM
@ Sylux and GunZet: Oh, I see.. thanks for explaining ^_^

Outcast
02-18-2011, 11:19 PM

1) Study her.

2) Prepare a gift.

3) Ask.

Hope it goes well.

'Cause it's wrong for people to like eachother for non-superficial reasons.

M3S1H
02-19-2011, 02:19 AM
I didn't say it was wrong, in fact non-superficial reasons are better, but your first impression is what really drives into someone's thoughts of you. You cannot screw up the first time, and frankly, I've seen MANY people react as if they are going out with someone when they specifically told that same person that they'd love to go out with them. Just saying...

angel_dreamer13
02-19-2011, 03:42 PM
you can't screw up the first meeting...?
oh god. I'm doomed. O___O

jubeh
02-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Don't worry even if you mess up the first impression you can still act like george clooney.

ClockHand
02-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Don't worry even if you mess up the first impression you can still act like george clooney.

Voice of wisdom.

pajamajam
02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
It's even better if you look like George Clooney.

Evil_Cake
02-19-2011, 09:51 PM
so go buy a george clooney mask and record his lines from ocean's 11 and use those

Ozzaharwood
02-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I'd rather buy a Sean Connery mask and recite lines from Highlander.

I hate how everyone now is so concerned about looking amazingly hot. If you want to ask a girl out, ask her out. The worst that could happen is that she declines, and it's done. It works about 50&#37; of the time... But I guess that can vary. If you feign confidence, and your confidence in feigning is good, you'll do good. If that makes any sense.

Delphinus
02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
If you feign confidence you come off as a mega douchebag. Either be properly confident or just be honest about not having any. Luckily I don't need to feign confidence because my ego blots out the sun when I approach someone to ask them out.

Sylux
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
You're worse than Luneder, Del.

butternut
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Dude, del is right. pretending is totally off. and no, u just dont go ask anyone out. at least get familiar with them. or else u'd just come across as a creep or weirdo.

jubeh
02-23-2011, 01:12 PM
The guys/girls who feign confidence are the ones who slip up and start talking about how high they were last week and oh man vodka is the best drink and hey you think I'm cool right? Hey listen I didn't want to tell anybody this but I actually went to prison once. Hey maybe we could go out sometime.

Just be yourself.

Assuming that yourself isn't socially inept. In that case why are you looking for a relationship instead of developing a sense of humor or unique personality? I mean really think about what a relationship does for you. It's all pretty stupid in the end.

Also looking good is important. Don't try to convince yourself that your appearance doesn't matter.

M3S1H
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Oh well. I guess we can talk all we want, but even then asking someone out is still hard. We can't just say "go ask her out", what if she's in a relationship? What if she likes someone else? It's not easy, but hopefully Delph can do it.

Delphinus
02-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Dude I never asked for relationship help. Not once.

EDIT: Also "Hey pleased to meet you what brings you here today?" "Uh I don't kno- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?" "Oh don't worry that's not a moon." "Well what is it?" "...my ego."

Yara
02-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Romantic stuff hurts sometimes.. so, I avoid them >_>"
Anyway, it seems that Del doesn't have a problem except being fond of knives (I saw you desktop man! ;P)

ClockHand
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Romantic stuff hurts sometimes.. so, I avoid them >_>"
Anyway, it seems that Del doesn't have a problem except being fond of knives (I saw you desktop man! ;P)

You can get burn cooking, so I don't cook.

Everything hurt sometime, and if you focus in the pain and not in the joy of the relationship, then you miss the point a long time ago.

GunZet
02-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Romantic stuff is bollocks, so don't do it...that's what I would've said two years ago, now I don't know lol.

Yara
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
@Clock: You're getting wiser by time ^_^ or is it that you're wise but I didn't know ?_?
By romantic stuff I meant like having a boyfriend or a lover.. they come and go and that hurts.. but a life partner is different imo, people have to focus on the joy as you said.

@GunZet: a new word added to my English knowledge, unfortunately =(

ClockHand
02-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty wise, but people don't know it.

Even a life partner is not eternal and the relationship might broke for many different reasons (ex. death) and as the name says, is not necesarelly drived by love (that fictional emotion that make you feel happy) like a relationship like lovers or boy/girlfriends that sound less enduring in time (but at the same time, if you are clear about that, you are going to be ready for when that day come and you will remember the good time and not the bad times).

Also, to find your life partner, you will have to: 1) have boy/girlfriends to find him and 2) recognize that is not eternal and you might live with that person by reasons that are not necesarelly love (as many relationships).

pajamajam
02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Relationships are so troublesome. Just get a FWB and remember to wrap it up.

Delphinus
02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
The concept of a 'life partner' is fucked-up. It's not like there's just one person you can spend your entire life with and be happy. There are numerous possible matches for any given person based on personality or whatever. Not that I disagree with monogamous relationships persay, but I think the whole idea of there being one 'soulmate' that perfectly matches you is just absurd: unless you're truly exceptional in terms of experiences, intelligence, and psychology, it's likely there's more than one person you could happily spend the rest of your life with: why restrict yourself to just one?

butternut
02-24-2011, 01:02 AM
But finding one itself is difficult. Let alone all of them on earth.

Delphinus
02-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Like I said, finding one probably isn't all that hard unless you're really unique. "She's one in a million? There are 8 in New York, 13 in Tokyo, 7 in London, and a few more scattered here and there."

butternut
02-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Yeah, how many from Tokyo actually find someone from New York or London? Sure there are, but finding them is difficult. That's what I was trying to say. Unless you're a traveller or something who gets to communicate with loads of people from all over the world.

Delphinus
02-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Well the population of England is 51,000,000 so that's 51 people in the area of one US state. You will run into 2 or 3 over the course of a few years. Saying someone is 'one in a million' is an exaggeration anyway, but either way my main point is unchanged. There are multiple possible 'life partners' - the concept of a 'soulmate' makes very little sense.

butternut
02-24-2011, 06:57 AM
I agree with you on that. Never said otherwise. Just that it is not easy, and doesn't happen to every single person. Takes time. But it does happen, that is why lots of people end up with a happy ending.

Delphinus
02-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Well I guess we actually agree, then.

butternut
02-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Yup, guess we do.
But how did we end up discussing this if you didnt even ask for this? Oh well!

M3S1H
02-25-2011, 06:00 AM
Wellll, it is hard to find one, but I agree with Delph - it's not one in a million. Maybe it'd be more like one in a thousand, but a million is absurd. I also agree with him on views of marriage, except I believe that it's fun at first and just dulls out to the point where you want to escape from it. If you're lucky enough, you'll find someone who truly fits your needs and wants, but I doubt it. Anyway, the best way to ensure a good marriage is probably to see someone for who they are, and see what they grow on to. One person won't be the same person thirty years from now: people don't usually take that into consideration. Only marry someone if they fit your description of a true love, someone you would never want to leave.

Sylux
02-25-2011, 12:50 PM
...the concept of a 'soulmate' makes very little sense.

Some people are content with nonsense.

Slurpee
02-27-2011, 07:59 PM
"Love is busy being stupid together"

I think that kinda sums it up xD

Sylux
02-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I posted a problem here but I thought about it for two seconds and decided to buck up and be a man so instead you get this retarded explanation of what was here but is no longer.
http://www.imabearmeow.com/therewasaholehere.jpg

Bacon_Barbarian
10-17-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm sorry for necro-ing this, but I don't know where else to go ...

I just feel ... Useless. I'm not strong enough to be able to do anything, and I'm too weak to do anything on my own. That's another problem of mine. I'm lonely. I'm far too cowardly/self-conscientious to ask someone out. I'm also too weak to finish something. If I actually get myself to stick to an exercise regimen, things would probably be better. As is it is, I can't. And then I get depressed, so I eat, and then I get more self-conscientious, get depressed again, and eat more.

I have really mixed feelings about growing up. On one hand, I love the lack of responsibility in High School. On the other hand, I really am looking forward to College. High School is hell. College is ... Hard, yes, but it's more diverse. I need to get out of my white-suburbia hell. Not that suburbia is BAD. I'd love to raise a kid where I am now.

But ... I just want to move on. I really am lonely.

Moving sucks. All of Freshman year, I didn't know anybody at all.
Sophomore year was alright, I was just beginning to fit in. But this year, Junior year ...

I THOUGHT I actually had some friends. But no ... I even didn't get invited along to Homecoming. Not that the dance was any good ... I heard it was **** ... But it's the thought that counts! And of course, ALL of my friends/closer associates had a sleepover afterwords.

Fuck it all, I'm bitter

Hell, the new kid even went with my group! I mean he's our friend, but I've been there longer! And another kid in my circle went with the group, and he didn't even have a date. **** them. **** them all. And of course, I fall for a girl who's already in a (as far as teenagers go) long term relationship. *** it all, she's nice to me too. Stop that!

I know I said I DON'T want people in here, but I only said that because I crave attention. Because I'm week.

I really need to get some companionship. I'm not even that fat. Just a little. I could lose it. I can. Really. And then what? I'm still nerdy. Too nerdy. And I can't fake being somebody I'm not. I'm also incredibly perverse. Yeah, ... ... But ... Hell, I really can't even get into it here.

This sort of life can't go anywhere, why am I even here?

GunZet
10-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Sounds like a bout of the depressies. You need games, lots of em. Give it about 2 weeks.

Bacon_Barbarian
10-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah ... Bad bout too. :|

Not sure how games will help.

CypressDahlia
10-17-2011, 08:31 PM
You draw too much value from the opinions of your friends. Understand that your worth is not determined by how much other people want to "hang out" with you. That is merely a preference, and if we determine worth from preference then nobody is particularly worthwhile. Find something fulfilling to do on your own. Also, get a cat...or get a girlfriend. The former is better, but not for the same reasons...

Humans have a tendency to want something when it's least accessible. Preoccupy yourself with something you enjoy. If your friends want your company back, then take it as an opportunity to make plans with them. If they don't, they never wanted you in the first place. Find new friends.

pajamajam
10-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Games help because they give you something other than yourself to concentrate on. Try getting some exercise, too. Even if you're just walking or riding a bike, it gives you a change of scenery and makes you feel less guilty about gaining weight. If you can, maybe try getting a job. You're forced to be on your feet and meet new people and learn new things. Getting money is also great.

Peteman
11-02-2011, 08:04 PM
You draw too much value from the opinions of your friends.

Nail on the head.

Man you remind me of myself. Especially a few years back. I am by nature an introvert and suspect you are to. In addition I have a tendency to think of others as 'higher' than myself. I also think this is the case for you. This is not a consious thought and it took quite alot of soul searching to for me to realise it, but it affects allmost all of your social desicions and how you feel about yourself, and easily leaves you feeling uncared for, lonely and generally like ****. It is difficult and will not happen over night, but a consious change can happen.

First and formost you must realise and tell yourself that you are worth just as much as they are and if they really don't want to hang out with you it's their loss not yours. Secondly try and catch yourself when you assume meaning from other people that derogatory towards yourself. Often what people say, mean, and what you think they mean are different things. Thirdly when your realy upset, try to calm down and logicaly think about exactly whats upsetting you, is it because of what I did, am I in the wrong? Am I mistranslating something? Or is s/he just being a jerk. If they are being a jerk then don't give another thought to them because there not worth it.

I hope this helps.

P.S May I also recomend a 'character building i.e out of your comfort zone' gap year. New people, intense experiance, makes for closer friends.

Peteman

P.M me if you have any other questions.

corastaur
11-02-2011, 08:25 PM
This sort of life can't go anywhere, why am I even here?

Because once you get through this you'll be able to relate to and help so many other people who are going through the same things. I know how crappy it can feel, and losing friends or feeling like they are avoiding you or don't like you hurts like hell. Like pajamajam said exercise really does help you get out of the lowest lows. I find biking works best for me since I can enjoy the scenery while I'm riding. Also don't be afraid to go talk to someone professional about how you're feeling. You're talking to people on the internet which is good 'cause at least you aren't completely holding it all inside anymore, but they really do help. I ended up going to a shrink a while ago because i had too much stress from school, my closest friend had emotionally disappeared, and three people including my grandpa had died. I just couldn't deal with it anymore, and I felt like crap. They are paid to listen to you and help you get through things... I would at least think about it, it's not just for crazy people haha everyone needs someone to talk to. *hugs*

Sylux
11-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I have a problem I can't see my selection marquee or hide selected polygons with an editable poly modifier in Max '12 what do I do

ram
11-03-2011, 09:50 AM
All my problem only comes from me! If only I'm good at this, if I only I was like this and if only I am like that, It's always like that!
I hate myself! I hate my little traits! I wish I am perfect!

Peteman
11-04-2011, 06:23 PM
I brush my teeth every morning and night, yet when I wake up in the morning my mouth still tastes bad as if I hadn't brushed them. Is this normal? What should I do?

Sylux
11-04-2011, 07:44 PM
You probably have Gingivitis. In that case, you want to both see a dentist and brush until you bleed, and brush your gums very, very hard. It will hurt, but it will heal once the disease is rid from your mouth. I have it now but it is fleeting, due to diligent brushing and flossing.

Peteman
11-04-2011, 08:31 PM
:cat_shock::cat_ahhh: I really really hope not.

Sylux
11-04-2011, 08:34 PM
If it isn't Gingivitis then it's a horrible deadly disease that will slowly kill all your friends from stinky breath

Evil_Cake
11-04-2011, 08:44 PM
spiders climbing into ur mouth while u sleep makes ur mouth taste funny. maybe thats whats happening

Peteman
11-04-2011, 08:53 PM
yum crunchy

CypressDahlia
11-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Do you brush your tongue? Brushing your teeth only masks the smell of bad breath. Brushing your tongue eliminates the food particles that create bad breath.

Peteman
11-05-2011, 06:51 PM
My breathe doesnt smell, the inside of my mouth tastes funny when I wake up.

Sylux
11-05-2011, 08:25 PM
More likely gingivitis than spiders, humans only swallow around 5 spiders while sleeping on average throughout their whole lives

GunZet
11-06-2011, 01:59 AM
That's called morning breath, it happens.

Also, stfu Sy. I don't even wanna know that!

CypressDahlia
11-06-2011, 02:12 AM
Oh I thought your breath just smelled. And yeah, morning breath happens.

Inksprout
11-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Problem: My friend behaves really antagonistically towards me when I say things she thinks are wrong or that she disagrees with, even when I am 100&#37; right and merely stating a fact. I don't even have to be asking for her opinion or anything, she will just begin aggressively challenging me even when she has no actual proof that I am incorrect. She frequently says she will ask her boyfriend because she believes he will disagree with me. I find this incredibly insulting because she is so aggressive and insulting in the way she goes about it and it seems to indicate that she thinks I am less intelligent than her and her bf. She is also a lot of the time being totally hypocritical. When I try to confront her she becomes defensive and says things like she was only joking, or its not a big deal but it is to me.
Just now I tried to talk to her about it and she literally said I'm busy playing batman and signed off. Its 3:30 in the morning and the only reason I am awake is because I am so mad at her, yet she won't even give me the time to talk to her about it. WHAT DO?

ClockHand
11-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Man Up.

Inksprout
11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I guess I WOULD look sexier with a moustache...

Slurpee
11-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I have a self confidence problem. I get all sad in the morning and realize i still only have peach fuzz ;_ ; no beard.

Delphinus
11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Problem: My friend behaves really antagonistically towards me when I say things she thinks are wrong or that she disagrees with, even when I am 100&#37; right and merely stating a fact... WHAT DO?

Get friends that you like and who are willing to answer questions?

EDIT: also confront her irl

Sylux
11-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Alright, I have a pretty big problem. My mother is being defensive about her wrong purchase for me for my birthday present. I asked for a Shure PG42USB, and she thought she could be a Jewish bitch and save money by going $50 cheaper from some website. Well, no, she bought me the Shure PG42 Console, which is inherently cheaper because it has no PC interface. It came new and everything in a shiny case, but it wasn't the right one. She's acting indignant about her mistake and won't help me contact the seller to refund our purchase. She's threatening to throw it in the trash like a hormonal bitch on her period and says she'll never buy me another birthday present again. I'm fine with that, but I at least want what I asked for my previous birthday. Is there a way I can go online with her credit card information and track her purchases to contact the sellers and explain our predicament, get the purchase refunded, and then have my stepdad buy the right product for me?

Peteman
11-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Your calling your own mother a bitch because she made a simple mistake?

Sylux
11-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I was being nice to her when I brought it up. She's being indignant about it. She's a grown woman, and she's acting like an angsty teenager.

Inksprout
11-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Something about interacting with their children just seems to make mothers act weird. The best thing you can do is probably keep trying to explain it to her. If shes being so indignant its probably because she doesn't understand why the mistake is serious, and thinks you're just being a fussy bitch. I don't know if there is any way to actually track down the seller without her help though, so I can only suggest ways to get her to listen to reason

corastaur
11-07-2011, 02:00 AM
she probably thinks you're being ungrateful, and is insulted and probably embarrassed at having made a mistake. I understand that its the wrong product and its much nicer to actually get what you want, but from the way I understand the story I can see why she's so upset... Have you ever gotten a gift for someone and been so excited to give it to them, to see their happy face, only to have them look at it and basically tell you it's the wrong one and they don't want this one? 'cause it hurts...

CypressDahlia
11-07-2011, 02:02 AM
hey, man, she bought you something I haven't celebrated a birthday since I was 8.

corastaur
11-07-2011, 02:16 AM
:bunny_sadness: Why?? When's your birthday? I shall give you a gift!!!! :monkey_hmm:

CypressDahlia
11-07-2011, 02:19 AM
lawl naw I mean it comes with the understanding that I get what I need and no luxury.

corastaur
11-07-2011, 02:22 AM
aaaah I see I see haha :) I get that

ram
11-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Got a pimple, And it hurts so much Dx

Sylux
11-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Pop it

Evil_Cake
11-20-2011, 06:31 PM
no, grow it

jubeh
11-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Dont pop it are you serious

Inksprout
11-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Eat it?

GunZet
11-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Ya pop it, and you get a nice crater as a reminder...well, some turn into craters at least.

ram
11-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Well I don't like growing it and eating it, I usually pop it lol, I'm not a white person so it doesn't usually left a scar on me.

edit: Crater lol. I take out all the liquids inside from the skin to not make that happen

Slurpee
11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Lately I have been fearful of other men.
I don't know why.

ram
11-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Time to spit it out slurpee, Are you a male or a female? your previous comments have really confused me.

Evil_Cake
11-20-2011, 07:41 PM
bop it pull it spin it flick it

jubeh
11-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Lately I have been fearful of other men.
I don't know why.

It's because we're all out to get you

GunZet
11-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Jubeh really is after you. So I'd really watch out actually.

Bacon_Barbarian
11-20-2011, 08:56 PM
bop it pull it spin it flick it

Technologic.

Time to spit it out slurpee, Are you a male or a female? your previous comments have really confused me.

Slurp was born female, but is now a male.

jubeh
11-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Time to spit it out slurpee, Are you a male or a female?

I love how super rude this sounds. TIME TO SPIT IT OUT. Like is there a nice way to say that at all.