PDA

View Full Version : Talking of My Birth Land...

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Right, i doesn't known if you want to known about my country, state and city but... i really think that you don't know too many things about the brazil...

here is some things that i think about Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul and Porto Alegre, My Country, State and City where i've born.

------------------------------Brazil ( Brasil in my language ) -------------------------------------

Well, here it is hard to find someone patriot, I rarely encounter anyone patriot here ... I used to work at a radio station of Latin America, and the most patriotic people I met were Colombian -- '

Television shows Brazil as what? the country of samba, joy, party all the time ... and also shows the favelas of Rio de Janeiro as peaceful places dominated by drug dealers (mostly) ... well, about the favelas in Rio de Janeiro I do not know, but here there is not party all the time the samba no longer reigns in this country, here is what reigns is the Funk, do not confuse our funk to funk you hear by there, seriously, there is nothing similar. our funk says something like this in most of the songs:

- Do not look at side, because the gang is going, and if you stay kidding ... the fight begins.
( Não olha pro lado, quem tá passando é o bonde, se ficar de caôzada... a porrada come. )

and here we have a type of Country style... we used to call it " Sertanejo " but an guy with an stupid mohawk has changed this... now it's " Sertanejo Universitario " ( it's something like, country songs played by students )
the music don't have nothing so terrible, but it follow something like...

If i catch you, if i catch you, if i catch you, a simple verse, if i catch you, if i catch you, if i catch you, the same verse, if i catch you... and continues like by some, 2 minutes.

our politicians steal our money on our front, and nobody do nothing... yeah, there are some people that call us of stupids, but i have a faith on us...

now the good things...

There's some people who say that the most beautiful girls has birth here in brazil...

------------Rio Grande do Sul ( In general translation for english, South Big River )------------------

But Tchê bah! Here is where masculinity flows of the soil, here we are real men!

We, the Gaúchos ( how we are called ), really love our land, we have an enormous story of revolution, heroes and legends ( ok, the legends part it's a little exagerated )

we have the true Churrasco, it's like a barbecue, but i don't known why, our Churrasco, it's better, i really don't know, maybe it's the secret sauce that my family put on their Barbecues...

here we hear our traditional music, the Gauderia ( it's like... i can't explain, just hearing to say... search in the google, As Melhores Musicas Gauderias, surely you'll find something... )

------Porto Alegre ( Happy port, doesn't say anything, i don't known why has this name... ) ------

well, the Rio Grande do Sul is porto alegre, really, this is our capital, here our culture is centered.

on city roads you can find bearded men on horses carrying the flag of our state.

but not all are like that, most are kids who do not even know who the tatters of the war of the Revolução Rio-Grandense ( The Rio-Grandense Revolution. )

Well, i guess it is it... it's a little big but... I summarized as much as possible ^^

i hope you've liked this, don't forget, this, is MY opinion of the Brazil... if you want to known what the media says search on the google. u.u

jubeh
09-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Do you laugh like "huehuehue"

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 12:49 AM
no... it's more like " HaHaHaHahahahahahaaaah " ( try to do this appearing to be mad, just like an lunatic, and you'll laugh like me... just kidding. hehe )

jubeh
09-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Why would you crush my dreams like that

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 12:59 AM
I have not crushed your dreams, just told you how i laugh, but I can explain, here in my state, we laugh that way because of the "Male pose" something of the genre, we maintain a very strong and serious voice, then we get our laugher at this way.

jubeh
09-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Why are you doing this

Bacon_Barbarian
09-05-2012, 07:16 AM
It's OK Jubes. Someday you'll find true love.

ClockHand
09-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Hey, you should post a link of the movie Rio, to be fair that movie is like a tourist guide for Rio de Janeiro.

Are Gaúchos the same as the Argentinian counter parts? And are Churrascos the barbecue or the dish (because I'm pretty sure this one is all around latin american and in each country with a slight variation)?

Also, you should talk about Brazil ethical issues, those are interesting.

Any way, James, you should do the same thread but about Texas. People don't really know too much about Texas.

jubeh
09-05-2012, 11:03 AM
In texas we all have guns and ride around on horses

Bacon_Barbarian
09-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Don't forget that you all wear 10 gallon hats.

nextweek
09-05-2012, 11:55 AM
But I took an entire class on Brazil ):

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 12:23 PM
ClockHand...

i don't trust the movies that says about brazil, shows brazil... 'cause those movies are wrong almost part of time... really.

The Gauchos isn't the same as the argentinians, the gauchos are unique. our churrasco is unique too, the barbecue that can be compared to our churrasco is the colombian one.

our barbecue we put the meat on iron stakes, put salt and we put the meat on coal in flames.

Hayashida
09-05-2012, 12:27 PM
What's more accurate to Brazil? Rio, or Cidade De Deus

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Hayashida... Cidade de Deus it's a little old, i think that today the things are different there, and Rio show the carnaval, it's a party time we have on february, i don't like it to much 'cause i don't like Samba, but it's holiday, it's good : )

ClockHand
09-05-2012, 01:41 PM
ClockHand...

i don't trust the movies that says about brazil, shows brazil... 'cause those movies are wrong almost part of time... really.

Oh, I think you didn't get the joke. Never mind.

The Gauchos isn't the same as the argentinians, the gauchos are unique.

Ah okay, cool. But could you tell me WHY?!

our churrasco is unique too, the barbecue that can be compared to our churrasco is the colombian one.

our barbecue we put the meat on iron stakes, put salt and we put the meat on coal in flames.

So is not the sandwich? that's what you mean? Because I don't think you answer me. Also Churrascos come from Galicia and Portugal and they are made on Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina. I always feel awkward when someone says something like "empanadas are typical from Argentina", when you can basically buy one in every latin american country and you can even find them on mc donalds, and the food didn't even born in that place.

And what about the Brazil and the ethical issues?

Also, I think you are at least more nationalist than my and any other person I have met, let's say you are just the first person who made a thread about his own country.

GunZet
09-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Rep dat Brazil, yo.

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Clockhand.

I really do not know much about the Argentina, the only thing I can say is that we, gauchos, follow our traditions very seriously, and argetinas cultures and traditions are not the same as ours, in other words, every kind of race, nationality, tradition is different from one another, 'cause the stories are different.

yeah, i can't say that our churrasco has born in here, but i known that here we have the traditional churrasco, that our antecedents used to cook a long long time ago...

that's why our churrasco is part of our culture, just like the Mondongo ( typical food of brasil, you can found more of it in Bahia )

also, i don't known too much of Brazil's ethical issues, ( telling he truth, o don't understand the question :s )

Regantor
09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Reg's knowlage of Brazil is this;

They currently has some of the most valuable mineral industries in the world. They have very few international enemies, and despite that are one of the only countries that the US has agreed to sell M1 Abrams tanks (Never mind the fact I actually liked their prototype the Osorio better).

I could easily see you becoming one of the world's next super powers. China and India have exactly the same natives-vs-coorperations problem, and it certainly isn't slowing them down either, for better or worse.

In short; Brb, learning Portuguese.

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 03:44 PM
right, looks like you known more of the brazil's militarism than me, cause i'm a peace man u.u ( huehuehue )

Regantor
09-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Naw man, I just love industry.

Sometimes when I'm out in the countryside, I need to burn some crude oil in the corner in the corner of the tent, and have a freind jackhammer against some rocks, just so I can sleep. :3

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 04:04 PM
suahsuhaush, right! ^^

ClockHand
09-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Ya, it might not be the same Gaúcho, but probably in origin might. That's why I'm interested to know what is exactly a Gaúcho there, to compare it with what is a Gaúcho in Argentina, because right now you just have gave me a bunch a traits but no real definition.

I feel that Mondongo is more Brazilian than Churrascos, as Churrascos come from Galicia and Portugal, but whatever.

Brazil ethical issues:
-History of Political Corruption and Scandals: 1992 impeachment of President Collor de Mello and the 2005 resignation of finance Minister Alfonso Palocci, between others. Really, if something that Brazil has made fame a part of Carnaval, beachs and those, is political corruption, which it has been laid down by both tourist plans and medias. And this has changed with Lula Da Silva but as we have saw the police strike that happened, there is still a problem of police corruption and how the government deal with the police force.
-Developmentalism: Basically the constant concern on producing of everything by itself has come to a point where industry has become a mayor point for Brazil, which is good. But it also takes a lot of the environment, the creation of dams close to protected zones or road over certain natural zones. Lets not forget that this mentality is also conflictive with the way of life of some indigenous groups that, even so they are protected and many don't follow they way they use to live anymore, they are still poorly protected against this mentality and its bureaucratic activism.

Well I was hoping you would add something to this =/.

Also, I find it funny that you made this thread because you feel no one knows too much about Brazil, but you don't know that much about Argentina, which is practically your neighbord.

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 04:40 PM
for tell you the truth, i don't like argentina too much, and i have searched, in argentina and columbia, the word " Gaúcho " means something like " Thief ", and here in brazil gaúcho is the ones who born in Rio Grande do Sul.

Sorry I disappointed you about our Ethical Issues.

but i known something about Collor.

ClockHand
09-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Let me ask you something. Is your experience with argentina or argentina peolpe reduced to Buenos Aires (people from it)? Because I can tell you be experience, they are retarded, but they are the only ones, its like the whole country knows they are fucking retarded, even they know.

Also Gaúcho is not a thief, it was a cowboy (its not the same, but its easiest way to understand it). So, when you say "we follow our traditions" I have to think that its might have a similar origin, as gaúchos are also proud of their traditions.

And about ethical issues, okay.

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 05:07 PM
not really, 'cause i don't have too much experience with argentina or argentina people...

yeah, thief it's a word a bit heavy for this. :p

ClockHand
09-05-2012, 05:41 PM
not really, 'cause i don't have too much experience with argentina or argentina people...

And so, you don't like them.

Vithor-Duardes
09-05-2012, 10:55 PM
no O.o, i don't have nothing against the argentina... ( Pelé it's better than Maradona! ) asuhaus, kidding, i don't even like FootBall :p

Aether
09-06-2012, 05:38 AM
i don't trust the movies that says about brazil, shows brazil... 'cause those movies are wrong almost part of time... really.Yeah, just like how The Matrix isn't an accurate portrayal of Sydney, Australia. I mean, we do flips, shoot guns, and all that. But that lady in the red dress actually lives in Melbourne. :\

Also, the tiles in St. James station are more resilient than the movie shows.

Hayashida
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
wait the matrix took place in Oz? What the fuck?

Rubisko
09-06-2012, 02:14 PM
In Brazil they've got those mountains with dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals on them

Vithor-Duardes
09-06-2012, 02:24 PM
not far as I know ... O.o (just if it is at Ceará State. kidding ^ ^)

nothing against ceará state, it's just a joke ^_^

Aether
09-07-2012, 02:07 AM
wait the matrix took place in Oz? What the fuck?Yeah man, they filmed a lot of it in Australia. I used to catch a train to the train station in the movie all the time.

Hayashida
09-07-2012, 01:13 PM
oh thats neat I guess

jubeh
09-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Hey buddy you mentioned the laugh having to do with manliness so do women type out their laugh differently?

GunZet
09-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Hehehehehehe

Vithor-Duardes
09-08-2012, 12:15 AM
yeah, i've forgot to tell this, the womens here laugh at the same way you've said.