PDA

View Full Version : Can't log in to forum

Doubleagent
08-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey there everybody! IanPMD here(previously known as Xano or Xaphatro), After a LONG time away, I finally tried to log back into the site. But it just says invalid Username or Password. No matter what password I try. While watching closely, I found that the password field actually empties out before being submitted. I tried recover lost password, but the random password field just empties out too. Damn. So I hope some one fixes this so that I can log in again.(from what I've read, others have been having problems logging in too)

Rio
08-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Try hitting the remember me option when you log in. As for the password field emptying out - not sure about that but if you want to reset your password, I suggest you try logging in an purposely putting in a wrong password. Click on the button that says recover password. Enter your email address and the security question's answer. Go to your email and hit the link. Enter your new password.

Let me know if you're still having a problem.

Doubleagent
08-29-2012, 09:54 AM
I can log in now, but I can't post or start new threads.

Rio
08-29-2012, 08:15 PM
That's weird. There should be buttons were you can start a new thread or post replies. I mean... how exactly did you reply to this thread and start it? ...And now can't? :?

As far as I see it, your account is all in good order so you should be able to do all everything like other members. If you go into a section - there should be a Post New Thread button on the top and at the bottom. If you go into a thread, there should be buttons at the top and bottom saying Reply to Thread. FYI: there is NO Post New Thread or Reply to Thread buttons at the front page of the forum. Anyways, send me a screen shot of what you see and we'll go from there.

eltoroguaco
08-29-2012, 11:36 PM
I think he meant on his real account... as the account he used here was a reserve to contact help support.

Doubleagent
08-30-2012, 08:30 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/Xaphatro/nopost.png

It's my original account I'm talking about, not this one. Also, I changed my email address but I didn't receive the confirmation e-mail.

Rio
08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, your other account was never confirmed that's why you're not able to post new threads or reply. We've always had a problem with sending emails to members who have aol accounts. (They tend not to receive it). Do you still want to use your other account or use this one instead? Regardless, you can't have both so let me know. I'll activate the other one if you want to keep the other one.

IanPMD
08-31-2012, 09:35 AM
No thanks, I just changed my email again and now I can post.

Rio
08-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Alright. I'll delete (or more like suspend) your other account then.