PDA

View Full Version : What is your goal/dream in life?

J_Mizu
07-31-2012, 02:37 AM
You know, I've asked a lot of my friends what they want to be in the future... Like, what is their dream or goal in life. Most of them don't have any, or they don't know. I thought a lot of them would have one...

So I'm going to ask you guys. What is your goal or dream in life?

Feel free to discuss the concept of having a goal/dream as well.

jubeh
07-31-2012, 02:40 AM
Make a game
Get an apartment
Die in it

Hayashida
07-31-2012, 03:37 AM
perform some shows for my music
live comfortably
travel a lot

thats all I can think of right now

toast
07-31-2012, 04:43 AM
-Draw something on a huge canvas that I'm totally satisfied with, and that invokes emotion in other people
-Walk into a college art clas, paint a very intricate nipple, then leave
-Reach a state where I'm totally satisfied with everything thats going on
-Punch someone

thats p much it

Evil_Cake
07-31-2012, 04:54 AM
-Punch someoney havent u done that yet its super easy

toast
07-31-2012, 05:24 AM
idk i keep hearing its "socially unacceptable" so I'm waiting for the right moment

Outcast
07-31-2012, 06:42 AM
Come up with s few good mecha or power armor designs.
Learn the legends, customs, language and beliefs of the Lakota.
Build enough plamo to fill a room or two.

Inksprout
07-31-2012, 07:33 AM
I gotta agree with Jubeh, I want to make a game! I also want to become really awesome at 3D modelling.

J_Mizu
07-31-2012, 09:10 AM
FFF I'm learning 3D this year at my Uni....

We're using Maya 2012... its fun by it does my head in because its hard and time taking.

Inksprout
07-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Yeah I use Maya as well, but I'm still using 2011, not that there is much difference.

Demonfyre
07-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Hmm... probably to qualify as a doctor, to be able to logically debate something without getting mad at least once, and to build up my drawing skills from that of an amateur to something that is somewhat acceptable

ClockHand
07-31-2012, 01:29 PM
-Survive.

GunZet
07-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Become a great and well known artist
Kill myself, cause it's required.

Demonfyre
07-31-2012, 03:26 PM
-Survive.

^ Oh and this

N_Top
08-01-2012, 02:41 AM
-Finish college
-Get a job in computer graphics/video games or User interface design. Or at SpaceX.
-Become an astronaut.
-Be first person to walk on Mars/Titan/SomeOtherMoonOrPlanet.

All of my goals are totally realistic :|

WhenRabbitsAttack
08-01-2012, 04:27 AM
All of my goals are totally realistic :|

lool, N_top XD

-graduate
-get a purpose
-earn the qulifications i need for a job i'll actually want to do
- fucking start (and finish) cherry baby
- eat chocolate
-to beiliev in something without being all cynical like normal

Inksprout
08-01-2012, 06:01 AM
WRA- You mean like a religion? Or just finding some values that you can believe in?

erikamae
08-01-2012, 09:55 AM
this topic freaks me out. It makes me want to cry in fetal position.
-Study.
-Study. --> all of the fields that have my interest (anthrop/archeaology/botany-horticulture/art)
-College/University/Grad. School --> Psych/Anthrop and Education
-BECOME AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHUHHHH.
-Retire.
-Open a used bookstore slash coffee/tea/pastry shop by the beach that promotes guerilla libraries.
-Read read read Read read Read.

N_Top
08-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh I forgot:
-Open a Pizza and Ice Cream Parlor called "Topping's"

Black_Shaggie
08-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I want to master the Kame-hame-ha, the Haodouken, the Thousand Hand Slap, The Spirit Bomb, the Psycho Crusher, DIE & then rise from my grave to save some wizard's daughter.

TheVermillionFox
08-10-2012, 07:42 PM
To create a novel/manga/animated film that portrays an incredibley important message.

Kodos
08-12-2012, 12:00 AM
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.

yrowre
08-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I want to write novels that are enjoyable and interesting to read, the type that you can't put down even if you try :D
I want to draw manga, book covers, landscapes, learn to animate, both 3D animations, anime and other 2D type animations, I want to get better with guitar and clarinet, and I will practice improvisation in music.

My goal for the next year is to finish one novel and one short animation (around 5 minutes), do the sound design for that, make something that can be called music to increase the mood, and do the voice acting for the two main characters. (If I think reasonably there's no way I could do this much even in two years, given my artistic skills. That's why I don't like being reasonable. Besides I hate worrying, it's so futile :D )

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot to mention my dream. Or more like a wish: I want to stop being lazy. It ruins my life. But I won't let it win that easily :o

corastaur
08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I really want to go into art therapy. That is my main goal right now, to get into grad school for art therapy. If I make it afterwords I think I'd like to be a resident artist at a hospital or work in an art therapy department at one (theres one in a hospital nearby).

I'd also love to write a novel or at least finish the story I've had going around in my head for a while.

Black_Shaggie
08-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I want to crush my enemies, see them driven before me & hear the laminations of their women.

Delphinus
08-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.

I want to crush my enemies, see them driven before me & hear the laminations of their women.

Correct answers! Ten points!

Cronicstate
08-21-2012, 07:37 AM
To play a set with Dave Grohl infront a fairly large crowd.

This WILL happen.

Zoe
08-27-2012, 12:43 AM
My plan for the rest of my life:

- finish college
- get into a decent grad school
- get my PhD
- be an awesome scientist
- discover something cool
- become a crazy professor

TheVermillionFox
08-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Change of plans: I wanna live.

toast
08-29-2012, 05:15 PM
can I add to my list

-meet panda bear

http://i.imgur.com/rH2ZR.jpg

UGH

Delphinus
08-29-2012, 06:17 PM
To survive fairly comfortably on the money from writing and game design.

(This is harder than it sounds.)

AlmanacnamedTime
09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Survive.
Get out all the stories/songs/images that float around in my head. (Probably impossible).
Learn more than 18 languages. I used to be bilingual so it's not gonna be so hard.

Delphinus
09-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Learn more than 18 languages... it's not gonna be so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gehTA2DTcE

Sunny
09-05-2012, 10:17 PM
To live in a house that I enjoy...

To love what I do every day.

To find happiness, to leave out in the country, and have a family, really.

Hayashida
09-05-2012, 10:18 PM
By the time he's learned 12 languages I'd assume he's discovered some kind of system of learning languages easily so the last 6 should be no problem

Delphinus
09-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Only if he picks and chooses carefully. Like if he learns french, italian, american spanish, european spanish, portugese then this won't help much with learning japanese

fyi learn esperanto and then learn all european languages

Vithor-Duardes
09-06-2012, 10:41 PM
well, i want money ( oh rly? )

a good wife, one son and one daughter, i want be a astro-physic ( yeah, i'm crazy enough to be one. [ words of my physic's teacher])

a dog, i really need a dog, a Golden Retriever preferentially...

Bacon_Barbarian
09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Golden Retriever's are where it's at bra.

I'd like to survive. Meet a nice girl. Do something meaningful with my life, AKA, help some people.

Renzokuken
09-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Publish at least one novel
Travel
Live comfortably

not so ambitious, it seems

Delphinus
09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Publish at least one novel
Travel
Live comfortably

not so ambitious, it seems

- Novel: This is extremely hard, but not unfeasibly so. Much like any other creative endeavour, it's easy to underestimate the amount of effort that is necessary for one novel. Let's take a novel of average length: 100,000 words. If you write 1,000 good words a day on this project (which will bore you senseless if you're anything like me, and fyi it's impossible to squeeze out good prose consistently without the muse's kiss) then you'll take 4 months to complete it. If you're writing at this pace then you probably have the story planned out in advance. Such detailed planning would take maybe a further 3 months of equally hard work. After you've written the first draft of the novel you'll have to edit it. This can take anywhere between a month or two and years depending on your skill, confidence, and effort. To make life easier I'll round it up to a year. Then you have to submit it. If your story is too niche then you'll have trouble finding willing publishers. If it's unlikely to sell (and this has little relation to quality or content, more to do with market trends), then you also won't get published.

tl;dr: good fucking luck, champ ;)

- Travel: It costs a lot of money unless you're willing to travel in a humble way. If you hitch-hike, find free accomodation with other people, and work wherever you go, then you might be able to do it, but it'll be hard and not super exotic or spectacular.

- Live comfortably: While travelling? Unless you're super rich, forget it.

On novels? HAHAHahahaAHaahAhAAHahhAHAHHAAhahahAHA

Feeling ambitious yet?

CypressDahlia
09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I want to live simply and own a kitty cat.

Demonfyre
09-07-2012, 07:22 PM
I want to find treasure on a far away mountain

Sunny
09-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I could deal with finding buried treasure...

hansuke22
10-23-2012, 02:17 AM
I really.. really.. want to be a manga artist.. an official one

whenrabbitsattack2.0
10-23-2012, 02:26 AM
@ hansuke; don't we all? :P

to finish the characters and start my friggin' novel in a way that I actually like and doesn't end up with me deleting up to 12 chapters D:

ClockHand
10-23-2012, 02:29 AM
I really.. really.. want to be a manga artist.. an official one

are you japanese?

indescribable
10-23-2012, 02:40 AM
@ hansuke; don't we all? :P
Nope.

Honestly, I don't know what I want. I guess it would be kind of neat to self-publish my own graphic novel or something one day, but it's not really high on my list of priorities right now.

Demonfyre
10-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Getting a first class honours degree at uni would be neat. And yeah being able to publish a graphic novel of something in the future would be pretty awesome :)

Prince of Angels
10-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Valedictorian.
And if I tell people who I am, they don't believe be. 'Cause I'm so famous.

whenrabbitsattack2.0
10-25-2012, 02:22 AM
well, tell us and see if we believe you :P

BunnyVoid
10-25-2012, 03:21 AM
i want to be awesome!

hansuke22
10-25-2012, 04:06 AM
are you japanese?

nope. hehe.. but being a manga artist sure sounds fun :D and tiring :cat_sad:

Demonfyre
10-25-2012, 07:38 AM
^Prepare yourself... clock is coming...

i want to be awesome!

:D

BunnyVoid
10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
^Prepare yourself... clock is coming...

tick tock tick tock :3 *suspense

ClockHand
10-25-2012, 12:53 PM
nope. hehe.. but being a manga artist sure sounds fun :D and tiring :cat_sad:

Basically "manga" is just japanese comic book but what make it its own its the cultural aspect from which are made, which if you are not japanese or have lived in japan (I mean lived your whole educational life and work life) its almost impossible to grasp, and its even worst as the japanese comic book industry only deals with japanese people (we could talk about the xenophobia and racism in japan or their aim on protecting this job spots only for japaneses).

Anyway read this:
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?2243-Manga-tips-for-a-good-writer/page2

theAnimeRebel
10-25-2012, 03:23 PM
clock, we've heard it a million times. Seriously.

"manga" is simply the Japanese word for comic book, and while authentic manga contains all the cultural references and insights of Japan, it is not impossible for "us" (western readers) to read, enjoy, and understand it.

Therefore, while it is not possible for a non-Japanese person to create authentic manga, they can replicate it. For example, they can write/draw American manga, or French manga, or whatever have you, but it is still a comic book/graphic novel that seeks to replicate the style of Japanese manga. Therefore, it is manga. Not Japanese manga, but manga nonetheless.

So, Hansuke, keep drawing!

(And tell Clock that his participation on these MANGA DRAWING HELP FORUMS is highly contradictory.)

Also, I'm not going to argue, so see ya'll

*trollin' like a boss* ;)

ClockHand
10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
You have heard it million of time, but not Hansucke, so it is something he/she must heard and ask if he wants to keep going forward, as you can't achieve something you haven't defined.

Its is not impossible for us to enjoy something, but our enjoyment is different if we were of that X culture. And the fact that we understand it is also because of the universality of subjects, that the individuals are still humans and that we are facing old human problems, there is nothing we shouldn't be able to understand, but what we can't is to understand it from the cultural view point of that culture. We can understand the grief of a mother who lost her child, still we don't need to be mothers or live that, this is the "magic" of empathy when the subject is meant for people, to be understood for people, we can empathize it.

And as we can't understand things from their cultural point of view, everything we do to mimic it its going to end as a cartoon view of their reality and culture, letting out a blunt interpretation of things and a lack of understanding and empathy. We can't create mangas just because we aren't part of that world, but this is not bad by any mean, because you are part of your own reality, which is as rich and full of things as any other, you can write from your perspective and so be gentle on your cultural clashes. Also just read any western made manga and you are going to see how bad their portray everything, how everything looks like a joke and the lack of sensibility over everything, and this is in part because they are: mimicking and not understanding, they are stating that manga is equal to an art style (which we have discussed previously that there is none and its as diverse as western comic) and that many narrative decisions made on mangas are right, when most are cheap ways to delivery a visual story (this is also made in western comics, and its sad).

Finally, you can't come to the discussion thread and say "I'm not going to argue", why did you posted in the first place then? This is the discussion forum of MT, so if you post here you must be ready to back up your words. And I know I critic all this but its in part because critic help you to identify what are you doing, specially in this subject where kids want to make mangas and want to get published on shonen jump and they are completely oblivious to any critic, you need to be blunt and tell them the reality, and this migth help them to identify their goals better, to create a better plan to approach their goals and to finally fulfill them.

Outcast
10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
*trollin' like a boss* ;)

Just going to point out this sounds completely retarded.

theAnimeRebel
10-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Sheesh, you people and your superiority issues.

Psy
10-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Ok either discuss your goals and all that junk or get infracted to oblivion.

nextweek
10-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Find Waldo.

Evil_Cake
10-26-2012, 02:41 PM
are u sure? he obviously doesnt want 2 be found u know

nextweek
10-26-2012, 03:04 PM
are u sure? he obviously doesnt want 2 be found u know

*puts shades on* that's the point

Evil_Cake
10-26-2012, 03:06 PM
oic just be safe man

nextweek
10-26-2012, 03:12 PM
http://us9.memecdn.com/health-and-safety_o_672933.jpg

Prince of Angels
11-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Find Waldo.

I'm so with you.

Tetsu Yawl
11-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I want to be part of creative production for a living.

.Luke
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Gotta agree with the original poster, I haven't met a lot of people who knew exactly what they wanted to do for sure when they were teenagers, besides my sis. XD It's a pretty tough decision that needs a lot of soul-searching.

- Personally, I love electronics and want to become an electrical engineer, but an eletrician would be cool too, so I'm not too picky about which field I go for in electronics. You never know where life will take you!

- On the side, I'd love to write science-fiction novels and do art commissions. Making my own Break-Dance RPG would be cool too, but I still have to settle on an art style for that one; it's gonna be insane. =P

- Tour Japan and Australia with family and friends once my career takes off. I want to see the sights, breathe the air of another country, stock up on tons of old Japanese games, and see adult Huntsmen spiders and dingos in the wild so badly! XD

- Go bunjie-jumping and skydiving, despite being deathly afraid of heights. :cat_lol: (This would be me in parkour : "AAAAUGH!!!" *lands, laughs hysterically and breathes heavy* *jumps again* "AAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!" XD)

Celestial-Fox
11-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Become comfortable in the direction of my spirituality.
Don't give up my hobbies while working.
Graduate med school ... alive.

Harima_Kenji
11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
- Create a giant mecha
- Destroy the world
- Self destruct after it

Mel the Snake
11-23-2012, 12:02 AM
-Finding a job I actually enjoy D:

-Getting all of my stories out of my head in comic form.

Delphinus
11-23-2012, 10:54 PM
-Finding a job I actually enjoy D:

See, this is where you're going wrong.

Celestial-Fox
11-23-2012, 10:58 PM
There are jobs that people enjoy. /shrug
I know people that are very happy in their employment.

Delphinus
11-23-2012, 11:34 PM
There was nothing about enjoying life, just finding a job they enjoy. These two things are not the same.

Celestial-Fox
11-24-2012, 12:53 AM
There are jobs that people enjoy. /shrug

?

I don't see how that is an unreasonable goal.

shimario
12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
well for me i've got several goals i want to make my own video game more specifically an MMO if possible i've got the idea and such down. i'd also like to make my own anime show well i'd like it to be one of the best in the world like Naruto one piece ect and i'm currently working on a manga. I'd also like to get to the point where i feel happy all the time in my life or that i'm satisfied with it.

whenrabbitsattack2.0
12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
if you were happy all the time, you wouldn't realise it. what others would classify as "happiness" would become your "average or neutral"

Gedeon
12-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Id like to find a girl that attracts me physically and is more interesting then a pole-light. I know im asking to much... but hey...

Black_Shaggie
12-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Never fear Ged. Stick to your guns & don't take anything less than a supermodel/ rocket scientist & everything will be all right.

GunZet
12-21-2012, 04:56 PM
My goal in life is to stick to my goal in life to stick to my goal in life.

indescribable
12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Are you succeeding?

M-Linfa
12-24-2012, 07:16 AM
after reading some of your replies, I seriously considered the question, but I couldn't really find any answer that'll satisfy me, I mean if I said something like making my own manga or anime etc I would just be lying to myself because drawing is only a way to entertain myself ... I guess I'm really lost lately :cat_panic: .

Psy
12-27-2012, 12:50 PM
To get into management at work. It's realistic and practical.

Yukie
01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
My goal in life is to stop procrastinating so much. And I'm being serious here. I think I'd accomplish so much if I just stayed on track all the time :(
But ultimately, my goal is to just be happy. Because hey, YOLO.

ClockHand
01-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Each day you don't finish something you are going to send me 10 bucks. So we both can accomplish our goals, you will stop procrastinating and I'm going to have money.

Yukie
01-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Oh shi-! Ingenious. I'm going to have to work my bum off so you don't receive a single cent. >:D

ClockHand
01-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Fuck you! I'm work my ass so you never finish anything!!!

LOOK THIS AND PERISH ON YOUR PROCRASTINATION!!

http://i.imgur.com/waJdQ.jpg

jubeh
01-01-2013, 10:59 PM
You should have linked her to tvtropes or something

ClockHand
01-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Naa... I could do something like that only if it wanted porn.

Yukie
01-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Fuck you! I'm work my ass so you never finish anything!!!

LOOK THIS AND PERISH ON YOUR PROCRASTINATION!!

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/waJdQ.jpg[/IMG]

Nuuu! It is the cutest thing ever O_o Does it come with plushie laser beams?
I want it. That's my new goal in life.

@jubeh: I avoid TVtropes like the plague! I have learnt.

ClockHand
01-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I want a Wheatley. For science.

SebSchmidt
01-03-2013, 07:58 PM
- To make a proper game of my own, not just little fan-games like I keep doing.
- To draw a short manga (just a couple of chapters will satisfy me).
- To get along better with my sister.
- To escape from North Wales (where I currently live).

Hopefully I can do all those things one day! =D

Sylux
01-10-2013, 12:10 AM
I want to smoke a pound of weed. In, like, an hour.

Sunny
01-14-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't even know anymore.

S.P.y.Q.R
01-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I just want life to be full off surprises :cat_whyyou:

Sylux
01-27-2013, 06:25 PM
I want to lead a nation with just a microphone.

Evil_Cake
01-27-2013, 06:28 PM
I just want life to be full off surprises :cat_whyyou:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prhzzqc0aFQ

S.P.y.Q.R
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Not like that :cat_shock:
More likely always have fun with friends,travel to next side of the world with a car and dreams become true.:cat_yeahright: