PDA

View Full Version : The GroupBoard Thread - Status: In working order

Cloudy
07-15-2012, 07:17 AM
The Group Board.
The Group Board is located in the tabs under the Bulletin logo, to the right hand side. Click this and write your username into the field then press enter. You will need Java to use it.

- Group Board is a fun way to draw with other members, get tips on your drawings and practice your skills.

GB Rules:

1. ERASE your work when you are DONE with it.
(If you want to show it off you can save it and upload it to your art thread or The Let's Exercise thread) (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?1163-Let-s-exercise!)
File > Save Canvas as > PictureName.png or .psd

2. Do Not Erase notices will be honored for 1 DAY ONLY (24 hours). Anyone may erase it afterwards.

3. BRB notices will be honored for 1 HOUR. Anyone may erase it afterwords.

4. NSFW drawings - please keep it to the lower-right area of the canvas.

*If you want to see content from the old thread please check Here (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?574-The-GroupBoard-Thread-gt-Are-We-Doing-Themes-Still)

Note: If you are having problems with menacing members erasing work or causing trouble please contact Cloudy or Rio asap as I am a GB Admin second to Rio.
My Skype: moogle-chan

[Ninja-edit: Also if anyone for some reason can't get a hold of Cloudy, I am an extremely frequent visitor to the GB so feel free to message me after attempting communication with Cloudy.
My Skype: Linztank
-Linz]

GunZet
07-15-2012, 02:01 PM
And if there are no DNE or BRB notices, chances are it'll disappear.

Cloudy
07-16-2012, 05:11 AM
We are getting to a stage where people put a dne on every little thing they are drawing.

Guys keeping in mind a lot of people come in the Group Board though out the day and while you are sleeping, if you put do not erase on every single doodle you do and don't ever finish it in one go maybe you are better off saving it and finishing later outside of GB.

Not only is permanently taking up a space and labeling a DNE for everything you do inconsiderate to other users, it also means not all of us get a chance to draw.

Please be fair to other people waiting for a place to draw especially when it's very busy and limit your dne to more serious drawings. Group Board is for all of us to enjoy.

For things like practice sketches, doodles and sketches please try and finish them straight away or use a BRB instead of DNE.

If you are drawing something that requires Colour, background and/or fancy line art, those are the kinds of drawings that might require a do not erase label.

Rio
07-16-2012, 04:31 PM
I have a request: Can you guys draw a new picture to put in the Groupboard page (http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/group-board/)? Right now, I have the really old one from years ago. A new improved one would be awesome~ :3

GunZet
07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Toast and Bya were working on one like a week ago, then just obliterated it from the face of the earth.

toast
07-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I still have the sketch, but idk if we should just get rid of the idea of putting everyone on gb in it. Should we just make a rad logo with maybe some of the main gb'ers or something, like the people that have been on for years? Idk

Rio
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
It's up to you. I'm up for anything just as long as it's fun. You can even have different members try to draw the same character or something like I've seen you guys do before.

eltoroguaco
07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not often on GB as I'm not good at using the tools there... but I could join along if you'd need an extra hand (or mind) for an intro picture or something :P

Linz
07-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Im gonna go out and say that the GB needs a total security update. It was under my impression that the MANGA TUTORIALS GROUPBOARD is purely for the use of MANGA TUTORIAL MEMBERS.
Lately theres been randomers and trolls erasing work and generally causing havoc. I've said this for EVERY SINGLE GB thats ever been created but, we need MOD'S. People who are on the GB all the time or most of the time and are well known. Even a password would work! Just something, -anything- that'll make this situation a little bit easier for the rest of us who are members and have been members for years.

GunZet
07-19-2012, 10:26 PM
LEGIT.
A little situation happened last night where some random guest decided to target Linz, and only Linz, for a trolling spree. Whoever it was ended up erasing her work when we tried to drop the situation, and then proceeded to sign in with multiple accounts when we tried to duplicate-user kick the guest.
Seems that with the GB, people that have certain vendettas against certain users come back after a while. We've had this happen like once or twice before. All we got was hunches that the user's name was Daniel, or Tim.

Soooo, yea, we need mods, and better security. Maybe even passworded like the old days.
If we can get GB mods, throw some Linz and Toast up in that shite, son.

Psy
07-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I remember that Thor himself recommended Cypress himself as mod. Cype said no if I remember correctly. But Thor said its possible to have mods on the GB.

Linz
07-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Then please can we do something about that. Its not fair to the MT users to have to deal with this crap.

toast
07-19-2012, 11:28 PM
I agree. at the moment we only have one mod, and I think it's obvious we at least need a few more, preferably people that are on like all the time. Seriously.

nextweek
07-20-2012, 12:47 AM
I agree. at the moment we only have one mod, and I think it's obvious we at least need a few more, preferably people that are on like all the time. Seriously.

Agreed.

that guest last night was annoying.....

Rio
07-20-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm going to change the URL to the GB. Please do NOT post the URL here or anywhere public. You will have to log in and then go to the GB page link above and go through that way. I am going to change it daily so I suggest you don't bookmark the GB page.

If the problem continues, at least with this, you can narrow it down to a member of the site. I will talk to Thor again in regards to this problem.

Snooderflubbyguppy
07-20-2012, 02:16 PM
ive been on GB once. last time i was on the computer. tere was a guest that was bugging be so i left. i want to get on agen sometime though.

please do not make fun of me because i am a noob.

Rio
07-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Ok, I've just changed the address. If you want to go the GB, hit the button above in the menu bar and click the image. : )

@ Snooder
Do give it another shot! Most people generally are pretty laid back.

CypressDahlia
11-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Don't erase something with "BBL" beside it unless you intend to use the space. Especially if it's been less than 24 hours. I don't like coming back to my 12-hour old drawing half erased and a bunch of empty space surrounding it on the board.

And if you did it just to spite me, get off my nuts. kthx

jaidurn
11-10-2012, 04:51 AM
So, there's some guest who keeps getting on and being a butt. It's getting kinda old.

NWAP
11-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Don't erase something with "BBL" beside it unless you intend to use the space. Especially if it's been less than 24 hours. I don't like coming back to my 12-hour old drawing half erased and a bunch of empty space surrounding it on the board.

And if you did it just to spite me, get off my nuts. kthx

this just happened to me too. I think im done drawing stuff on gb. Its too risky. maybe a lame doodle here or there but no more "pieces".

CypressDahlia
11-10-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm still going to be using GB since I finish most drawings in one sitting. I just don't know how these people keep cropping up, or why.

Those who can't create, destroy.

Joosh
11-10-2012, 04:32 PM
There really should be a password automatically emailed to a new person on the board for GB after a certain amount of time.

I think theyd get bored waiting for a pass to GB after a week or month

nextweek
11-11-2012, 02:34 PM
I think im done drawing stuff on gb. Its too risky. maybe a lame doodle here or there but no more "pieces".

I feel the same. After you have something really awesome erased once, you kinda don't feel inclined to have it happen to you again. :/

Linz
11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Didn't we have this problem before? Except the troll targeted me. Although by no means should this episode deter you from drawing on the GB. I know its frustrating - trust me. Don't let the troll win, you're just giving it what it wants. Save your art often and if you want to do a detailed piece, try and do it in one sitting if possible. Everyone should understand that leaving art on the GB is a huge risk, and by leaving it there you understand that risk. Another tip is to sign and date it, so people know how long its been there and if its okay by the rules to erase it.

Hope i've helped somehow :c

ClockHand
11-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I liked when we used to wait a week or something to be able to enter to the GB, even so this is a shitty solution and many people could made an account, never post here and then get on the GB, it framed the amount of problems (except for the case of shadowofshadowofshadowofshadowofshadow).

GunZet
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Basically, there's a dick going around, so don't leave your car in a public lot while you're not in it.

whenrabbitsattack2.0
11-12-2012, 02:25 AM
I really wish I could dot his, But the only image program I have is paint. no jokes. so I have to use GB for all my computer art. it gets annoying when you draw soemthing awesome and it gets erased before it's time T-T

GunZet
11-12-2012, 03:56 AM
Just save often. What I've been doing is every time I see a guest appear, do a quick save.

Linz
11-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Umm. So whats up with the GB lmao. Can't get in :u.

Rio
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
I changed the URL and this time, I'm going to definitely set up a log in system for it. More info on that later. :>

Linz
11-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Ohhh awesome!
So i'm assuming it's gonna be down till further notice?

Rio
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
For now you can still get on. Just click the new link up above to get there. I'll give you guys a heads up if it does need to go down so we can work on the log in system.

Celestial-Fox
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Oh, cool. When will the password system be up?

toast
11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
why don't we just have a password as opposed to a login system? its not hard for a troll to make an account

Joosh
11-12-2012, 05:50 PM
If we had used a password in the beginning none of this would have happened.

Maybe instead of a system the password could be spread through word of mouth.
At first It should only be given to those who frequent it (Cyp, Nwap, Linz, toast, Generally people who care) and have been members forever. Then if a noobie wants to use the GB we get to personally screen them before giving them it.

I don't know, this idea could probably have its flaws, but It's how it was on Old Old group-board.

There should also be more than one moderator.

Celestial-Fox
11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Idk just an idea, I know it could probably have its flaws. But Its how it was on Old Old gb

"Old Old GB" = "Golden Age" talk.

Also, I interpreted Rio's "login" system to be like the "old old GB" password anyway—that is, a periodically changing password that isn't linked to our individual forum accounts.

Joosh
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Hold up, i'm not saying old GB was better.

I'm simply pointing out that that's the system we used for it, and it worked well. In the months that I got to use it I never saw or dealt with trolls like this.

Linz
11-13-2012, 12:29 PM
It's okay Josh, it sounds like butthurt to me. (:

Demonfyre
11-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Dr. Linz hath spoken

Celestial-Fox
11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
No anger or offense here. Just misunderstanding.

Joosh
11-13-2012, 05:06 PM
wattafack gais cawm onnn

Rio
11-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Re password>>
Hmmm, that's a thought. We did use to have it that way before. I'll try some things out so I'll let you guys know the results.

Linz
01-03-2013, 12:31 PM
GB is down. o_o

Sho
01-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Still is after almost a day :c

Linz
01-04-2013, 12:03 PM
RIO. WIT YE DAIN MAN. GET IT FIXED!

Sho
01-05-2013, 11:16 AM
What is happeniiiiiiiiing

N_Top
01-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Connecting...
Disconnected (Connection was broken: Connection refused: connect)

http://global3.memecdn.com/table-flip_o_815253.gif

Linz
01-05-2013, 07:02 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/table-flip_o_815253.gif

I second this.

Sylux
01-08-2013, 02:08 AM
is gb broken or am I just too high to work this shit

N_Top
01-08-2013, 12:37 PM
It's broken :|

Seiko
01-08-2013, 01:06 PM
:(

Linz
01-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I messaged Rio like three days ago about this so I dunno :I

ClockHand
01-08-2013, 02:42 PM
The GB is down... that's unusual.

nextweek
01-08-2013, 03:10 PM
The GB is down... that's unusual.

Do I sense sarcasm? :D

Rio
01-09-2013, 11:28 AM
It's back up. : )

So.much.white. space...

GaBo
01-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Thank you muchly Rio~

jaidurn
03-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Before anyone complains about anything, it crashed.

Just letting y'all know so you don't get your panties in a twist.

edit: Okay never mind. it just kicked me multiple times. everything is safe

Sho
03-27-2013, 02:05 PM
I think it's nearly done devouring Cyp's soul, we need to feed it more. But where do we find another soul as strong as Cyp's?

It keeps kicking a bunch of people at a time every now and then.

Linz
03-28-2013, 07:48 PM
It's on it's period :C Give it a break!

But srsly it must be a connection issue or something. It hasn't kicked me, mind you o_o

Byakuran
06-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Me and Cora drew ourself as princesses on gb other people joined...

YOU GUYS SHOULD JOIN TOO!!!

corastaur
06-02-2013, 08:05 PM
I think this is my favorite thing ever

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n550/corastaur/bestprincessesever_zps8632b3c0.png

JJJorgie
06-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Haha! So glad you posted that whole thing!!

jaidurn
06-05-2013, 04:29 AM
guys is there any way we could have a rule about drawing too large?

arsalan draws women in suggestive poses and I wouldn't mind that if I could actually get to a point on the board where I couldn't see any of it. Due to a family rule, my computer is in the living area and I've got young children in the house. It takes forever for him to finish a drawing, so if he starts one that I can't avoid, I'm off the gb for a few days until its erased.

Sho
06-05-2013, 05:56 AM
I think at least one thing we could do is to suggest to draw anything NSFW as far to the bottom right as possible, seeing as when you start GB up it starts at the top left of the canvas. Then other users can notify someone who just logged in on GB of NSFW drawings, or the artist himself can put a little NSFW notice in the top left.

Not drawing too big is generally not a problem since people realise it's a shared canvas, but when no one is drawing and the whole canvas is empty someone might think 'Well no one's here so I can take up a lot of space.'

I think Rio should at least add some suggestions about NSFW drawings in the message you get when you log in, though I'm not sure everyone reads this message.

Rio
06-05-2013, 11:03 AM
I'll add it in. If someone talks back about it not being there - folks can refer them to the rules that pop up upon loading GB.

Btw, I'm going to change the address because I'm tired of the old one. And because I just feel like it today. :cat_ohoho:

indescribable
06-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Has anyone else had any problems using GB on a Mac recently? I've tried using two different browsers on three different computers and they're all completely buggy.

corastaur
06-05-2013, 05:49 PM
I DID! Did you update java recently? Because that was my problem... I had to search all over the internet for instructions on how to revert to the previous version. Once I did it fixed it for me.

indescribable
06-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Hmm, I did, actually. I remember I had reverted it before, and then someone updated it (I hate it when two different programs require different Java versions), but it wouldn't let me revert it again. I'll try it again this evening and see if I can achieve some better results.

Thanks, Cora! :}

Edit: Okay well, it worked, but it's still rather buggy and the lag now is un-be-lievable.

nextweek
06-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Has anyone else had any problems using GB on a Mac recently?

This is why you rarely see me.

indescribable
06-07-2013, 12:05 AM
I feel your pain.

arsland
06-08-2013, 02:53 PM
jaidurn ill keep that in mind

indescribable
06-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Cora. Help. How on earth did you fix your Java? I rolled it back and now GB runs slower that a snail and it's STILL buggy.

arsland
06-12-2013, 01:36 PM
update again

RedCaliburn
06-15-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm a little new to this groupboard and it would be nice to join in and see how others draw or even get some advice. When I click the group board link at the navigation bar, I see a login button and I try to login but it would not read my username and password that I use for this forum. Is it possible that you need to register for it? Or am I doing it right when I login as a guest and I see no one on? I'd like to know so I can join in on the fun, thanks!

JJJorgie
06-15-2013, 12:27 AM
No log in. You can change the name of the "guest" and then press the enter button.

corastaur
06-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Cora. Help. How on earth did you fix your Java? I rolled it back and now GB runs slower that a snail and it's STILL buggy.

ACK I DIDNT SEE THIS TILL NOW!!! Sorry :T Hmmmm I'm not sure man :( I wish i knew more specific ways to help! What browser do you use? I find that it runs best for me in Chrome... Otherwise, I honestly don't know... I rolled it back and it just started running smoothly for me. :(

indescribable
06-15-2013, 01:00 AM
What version of the Mac OS are you using?

corastaur
06-15-2013, 01:11 AM
The newest one, I think it's mountain lion? it's apparently OS X 10.8.2
Why what are you using?

indescribable
06-17-2013, 12:48 AM
The newest one, I think it's mountain lion? it's apparently OS X 10.8.2
Why what are you using?

Same. :/ I may try to do a repair installation and start from the top, but I'll have to back up my system first. OTL

JJJorgie
06-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Have you scanned for viruses lately? I couldn't get on the GB for a while because of one. It messed up my Java, then stopped my JTablet from working

indescribable
06-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I can't really imagine that it would be a virus. I had only just set up the system and installed Java. I've also been having this issue on two different computers. I guess I could check though.

Evil_Cake
07-11-2013, 02:42 AM
is groupboard not working for anybody else? when I try to go there it says it can't connect

Taragon
07-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Same for me

corastaur
07-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Same :(

Kodos
07-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Same.

arsland
07-13-2013, 04:35 AM
same

Byakuran
07-13-2013, 04:47 PM
ERROR 404 page not found T_T

jubeh
07-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Works totally fine for me

Linz
07-13-2013, 06:52 PM
404'd for me too.

indescribable
07-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

It's been like this for days.

Rio
07-17-2013, 04:56 PM
I checked their site it seems like there was something going on with their server. Anyways, I sent an email and hopefully, it can be fixed soon.

Byakuran
07-28-2013, 10:22 AM
I hope so =(

The boards on artground are working for me though... so their own servers are working but not the ones of the people paying or something?

Sho
07-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Seems they had a server crash that made them lose quite some stuff, such as spambot-filters for their on-site chat. Wouldn't be too surprised if they lost data of the rooms they were hosting as well, but I'm not too sure on that.

AlmanacnamedTime
08-06-2013, 12:43 PM
So the GB is still down?

Matt
08-06-2013, 03:17 PM
I still can't get on, so I'll assume it is.

AlmanacnamedTime
08-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Dang.

Joosh
08-07-2013, 06:37 PM
I just want to draw on GB once more.
IF I HAD KNOWN IT WAS GOING TO DIE... :C

Evil_Cake
08-07-2013, 07:14 PM
:cat_sigh:

JJJorgie
08-07-2013, 09:49 PM
You don't know what you've got till it's gone...

Joosh
08-08-2013, 09:21 PM
It isnt gone
I will not accept that BULLSHIT
they need to fix it

Rio
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I've contacted them again. Hopefully I'll get a decent answer. :<

Evil_Cake
08-09-2013, 10:41 AM
if not, then we must take up arms

Joosh
08-09-2013, 02:36 PM
--E

Free pitchforks for everyone

Evil_Cake
08-09-2013, 02:44 PM
eh... those look pretty tiny..

Kodos
08-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Rabble rabble!

Joosh
08-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Their servers are down too, or whatever it is that helps new users create accounts. Cant even draw on their site...

AlmanacnamedTime
08-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Their basic rooms are open and working.

Egoslip
08-15-2013, 10:12 AM
I want the group board back :( Finally get the interwebs back and it's down! Oh the irony! Rawrnesssss!!!

Cloudy
08-25-2013, 02:57 AM
Any news on what's up with the GB link?

Joosh
08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Rust in pieces in peace

arsland
09-07-2013, 10:43 AM
what is wrong with gb i opened it after a whole month but still not opening .Does RIO know about this

Kodos
09-07-2013, 02:52 PM
The GB has cancer and has been busy cooking meth with Rio in order to provide for its family when its gone.

I think Rio is aware? Although I also think the last time I know Rio commented on it, the whole GB was still down, not just ours. Like, their whole site thing. Isn't it back up now? Doesn't Rio just need to re-submit or whatever?

MiKuRu
09-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Woah its been out this long? Are they ever gonna get it back up and working?

Kodos
09-13-2013, 12:00 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-iiam.gif

GunZet
09-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Don't hold your breath.

Kodos
09-13-2013, 02:17 PM
http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/negativeman-55f.png

sillyboy
09-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Alternative drawing board: http://www.artgrounds.com/

N_Top
09-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Soo... Is GB permadead?

Kodos
09-27-2013, 10:32 AM
I believe Rio's just been AWOL as she often is. I wouldn't be surprised if it returns whenever she comes back.

Sylux
09-27-2013, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxtkUy0yrr8

Matt
09-27-2013, 07:57 PM
That song is cute.

So is that the "Waiting for Groupboard" theme tune or something?

indescribable
09-27-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure if Thor ever got back to Rio. Artgrounds doesn't even have their sketcher site up anymore.

arsland
09-28-2013, 01:55 AM
this is hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt
09-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I wonder if the old pixel-art Groupboards are still available somewhere.

Rio
09-28-2013, 04:25 PM
I just sent Thor another email (his other one) and hopefully I can get a reply. If I don't get anything by next week I'll reinstate the old Groupboard. It's not a pretty but it works.

nextweek
09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
I actually kind of liked the old GB. So that's not so bad. Other than that, I think Thor died.

next week.

arsland
10-02-2013, 05:52 AM
thor?

- - - Updated - - -

thor?

GunZet
10-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Guy in charge of Artgrounds.

JJJorgie
10-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Question: Why didn't we go back to the old Groupboard sooner?
Were we just waiting and hoping that the new one would be fixed?

Rio
10-03-2013, 07:15 PM
It's back! A new link is up at the Groupboard tab above.

@ JJ
If this happens next time, I won't wait. I'll re-open the old Groupboard.

JJJorgie
10-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Hmm, is anyone else having trouble connecting to the GB?

Rio
10-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Hmm, looks like it's stuck at "Connecting". I'll go ask what's up...

doghateburger
10-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks Rio C:

Midori-Midori
10-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Woahh lol, never thought I'd be this excited to see the GB again. I almost gave up hope D:

Matt
10-04-2013, 11:37 PM
My hope has been restored.

Connecting...
Disconnected (Connection was broken: Connection timed out: connect)

Well, almost.

GunZet
10-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Can't wait to get back to those classic GB problems.

Demonfyre
10-05-2013, 01:15 PM
It... It lives?

Cloudy
10-06-2013, 04:58 AM
At least it's almost fixed x.x

arsland
10-06-2013, 08:40 AM
oh yeah!! o yeah!!!:cat_whyyou:

Egoslip
10-06-2013, 10:37 PM
@.@ Can't wait!

Linz
10-18-2013, 03:54 AM
I can't help but feel this has taken an embarrassingly long time to fix.

Evil_Cake
10-18-2013, 04:17 AM
ya

GunZet
10-18-2013, 05:02 AM
Look at the 'Members who have read this thread' section for this thread, it's hilarious.

Matt
10-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Do we get that section as non-mods?

Byakuran
10-18-2013, 03:13 PM
I've been feeling unwell for quite some time now and i think its because my bby is still not back yet

Come back to me GB! COME BACK ; _ ;

Kodos
10-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Guys, I'm jonesing for the GB real bad. I got the shakes and everything. I need my fix.

CypressDahlia
10-18-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm slowly dying

Linz
10-18-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm already dead.

Evil_Cake
10-18-2013, 09:06 PM
so much suffering

GunZet
10-18-2013, 09:48 PM
I feed off it.

nextweek
10-19-2013, 01:43 AM
I...need....to...troll.....on....GB.......now.....

Sylux
10-19-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm already dead.

suicide
ive already died
ur just the sketcher ive been waiting 4
admin died
living dead inside
break this groupboard for evermore

Kodos
10-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Rio, please! Give us back the GB! http://i.imgur.com/TYFkWSF.png

Linz
10-20-2013, 07:58 AM
suicide
ive already died
ur just the sketcher ive been waiting 4
admin died
living dead inside
break this groupboard for evermore

That was divine.

Midori-Midori
10-21-2013, 07:25 PM
;-; *cri*

im so upset that i made a meme.

Sho
10-22-2013, 03:15 AM
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/_Sho/gbisdead.png (http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/_Sho/media/gbisdead.png.html)

rito pl- I mean... Rio pls

arsland
10-22-2013, 01:59 PM
this feeling feels like my girl fried dumped me ..:cat_right:

jubeh
10-22-2013, 02:03 PM
girl fried

just what's goes on in your relationships

Ozzaharwood
10-22-2013, 04:08 PM
this tastes like my grilled fried dumpling ..:cat_right:

ftfy

Matt
10-27-2013, 08:34 PM
So about that old pixel art Groupboard...

arsland
10-28-2013, 10:19 AM
shiiiit it on ..hellll yeaaahhh:cat_hmp:

Taragon
10-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Yusshhh

corastaur
10-28-2013, 11:54 AM
ITS ALIVE!!!!

Linz
10-28-2013, 12:20 PM
LINZ REPORTING IN.
RECENT REPORTS OF GB BEING ACTIVE ARE CONFIRMED AS TRUE.
I REPEAT, RECENT REPORTS OF GB BEING ACTIVE ARE CONFIRMED AS TRUE.

OVER AND OUT.

Kodos
10-28-2013, 12:37 PM
It's a Kodosnacht miracle!

Linz
10-28-2013, 12:49 PM
KODOSNACHT WAS YESTERDAY.

Sho
10-28-2013, 01:12 PM
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/_Sho/gbisback.png (http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/_Sho/media/gbisback.png.html)
Thank you, based Rio/Thor

Kodos
10-28-2013, 01:32 PM
KODOSNACHT WAS YESTERDAY.
Thats the miracle, duh .

Linz
10-28-2013, 01:33 PM
AW YISS EVAN COMIC <3
What a marvellous way to celebrate!

Evil_Cake
10-28-2013, 02:25 PM
cool only took 4 months

Joosh
10-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Is Cloudy still alive? We should change the thread's name to something like, "GB is up"

Linz
10-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Consider it done. {:

N_Top
10-28-2013, 08:10 PM
... I still can't connect OTL

But that's probably because I have crappy free internet at my apartment.

Cloudy
11-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Come on GB guys!! :<

arsland
11-22-2013, 02:00 AM
my GB is not opening . is it my problem or ur facing it too?

Taragon
11-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Works fine for me.

indescribable
01-22-2014, 01:43 AM
GB is being a butt again. Anyone else having difficulty connecting?

Evil_Cake
01-22-2014, 02:31 AM
yes

it says "connecting... success!" then nada

Taragon
01-22-2014, 03:17 AM
It told me to update Java and now I just get an error.

indescribable
01-22-2014, 03:44 AM
Yeah I had that issue the other day too, Taragon. I had to roll back to old Java (update 45) to get it working again.

GunZet
01-22-2014, 04:30 AM
It told me to update Java and now I just get an error.
Hah, thought I was the only one having this issue.

Midori-Midori
01-22-2014, 05:55 AM
Oh I had this problem too, you can go to your Control Panel>Java>Security and then add it to your Site exceptions list.

Taragon
01-22-2014, 07:31 AM
Oh I had this problem too, you can go to your Control Panel>Java>Security and then add it to your Site exceptions list.
That helped, but now I'm still stuck at the "Connecting... Succes!" bit. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Midori-Midori
01-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Lol, well thats new. I'm stuck there too :c

Linz
01-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Not this shit again.

Prepare yourselves for a long wait as i've tried contacting Rio recently and have got nothing back.

indescribable
01-23-2014, 03:56 AM
Looking at their site, it seems that they're having problems with some of their servers. Not certain if it's related or not. I've sent Thor an email, but we'll see if anything comes of it.

Aether
01-23-2014, 04:43 AM
I had a look at the error log quickly, their databasing servers are offline. This basically means one of two things.

Site admin is performing maintenance on the hosting servers.

Or, the more likely scenario considering how long this issue has gone for.

The hosting servers need maintenance in some way or are generally fucked and site admin doesn't give a shit.

GunZet
01-23-2014, 10:07 AM
The hosting servers need maintenance in some way or are generally fucked and site admin doesn't give a shit.

Kodos
01-24-2014, 03:41 PM
http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/negativeman-55f.png

Evil_Cake
01-24-2014, 08:34 PM
is it just me or does it show that Trey is in the groupboard constantly

GunZet
01-24-2014, 09:08 PM
is it just me or does it show that Trey is in the groupboard constantly

Probably cause he was the last one in there when it went down. Funny thing cause whenever this happens, the only people I've ever seen infinitely stuck in there have been Trey and Cype, lol.

Byakuran
01-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah trey told me he was drawing when it went down. Now his username is stuck on it :/

Kodos
01-26-2014, 05:52 PM
He's trapped in the system. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UdvK-5LT58)

GunZet
01-26-2014, 06:00 PM
I HAVE NO MOUTH, AND I MUST SCREAM.

Cloudy
01-27-2014, 06:00 AM
I'm not sure what's going on with the server. I have stopped and started the board a few times, but it isn't going back up...

Linz
01-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Well hallelujah for a board admin who has as little power as the rest of us.

Demonfyre
01-27-2014, 05:41 PM
This seems to be happening a little too often lol

Cloudy
01-27-2014, 11:29 PM
If logging in as Rio and resetting the whole board does not bring it up. Then there must be more to this issue. At least I tried.

I have contacted Artgrounds support to see what the issue is. I will keep you all updated if there is any answer.

Aether
01-28-2014, 08:55 AM
like i said before

I had a look at the error log quickly, their databasing servers are offline. This basically means one of two things.

Site admin is performing maintenance on the hosting servers.

Or, the more likely scenario considering how long this issue has gone for.

The hosting servers need maintenance in some way or are generally fucked and site admin doesn't give a shit.the hosting servers have a connection problem that is the result of requiring or due to human intervention

Cloudy
01-29-2014, 12:19 AM
Looks like Thor has fixed the issue now, I booted the room back up. It's all working again...for now.

Evil_Cake
01-29-2014, 12:54 AM
thanks

arsland
01-29-2014, 01:21 AM
Well that was fast

Byakuran
02-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Whoah... can't believe its working @_@

Cloudy
02-02-2014, 08:13 AM
You're welcome :>

AlmanacnamedTime
03-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Hey I try to get on groupboard and get the following error

Java Plug-in 10.51.2.13
Using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\MyName
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: http://sketcher.thj.no/sketcher2-client-resources-20110711-0410.jar

Could someone help me please?

GunZet
03-02-2014, 07:25 PM
'Tis the infamous java error we've all had recently, or at least it seems like it. You have to grant java permissions to the groupboard page I think. I forgot exactly how I fixed it.

AlmanacnamedTime
03-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Does anyone else know how to fix it?

JJJorgie
03-03-2014, 10:50 PM
You can try downloading an older version on Java or go to Java through your Control Panel and in Security, you can unblock certain websites

Bacon_Barbarian
03-04-2014, 05:45 PM
So ... Help?

Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: http://sketcher.thj.no/sketcher2-client-resources-20110711-0410.jar
Java Plug-in 10.51.2.13
Using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Bacon
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>

EDIT: I followed the link, can't figure out how to open it or what I'm suppose to do with it.

JJJorgie
03-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Look at the above posts. Others were having the same problem. My post is two solutions that've helped me in the past

Bacon_Barbarian
03-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Where is that under security? Because the GB page has permission from Java. It asks every time I try.

AlmanacnamedTime
03-10-2014, 07:52 PM
My security is cleared, it doesn't work with a previous java.

Matt
04-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Groupboard's page seems to have gotten lost.

EDIT: And it's back, just took a couple days.

indescribable
04-02-2014, 02:20 AM
; - ;

edit: oh look, it's back

arsland
05-26-2014, 04:34 AM
its gone again

Taragon
05-26-2014, 05:08 AM
It works for me.

arsland
05-26-2014, 08:58 AM
ok

Matt
05-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Groupboard just seems to do its own thing, doesn't it?

Egoslip
05-26-2014, 04:34 PM
I had to adjust my Java settings through the actual application in order to get GB to work >.<

arsland
05-28-2014, 01:31 AM
Tell me your version of java

Egoslip
05-28-2014, 02:38 AM
version 7 update 55 build 1.7.0_55-b14? lol.. newest one..

Cloudy
06-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Is it still working for everyone? it does work for me (I haven't updated my java though) Let me know, cheers :>

Tetsu Yawl
06-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Works on my side, but you need to accept java's condition and activate the thingy. maybe that's the part that your computer or browser doesn't work. Maybe you should switch to firefox or chrome? Dunno

Cloudy
06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
If it is giving you an error when you log in, you can uninstall your Java in the control panel > programs (uninstall a program, for windows) and then try and older version from here http://www.oldapps.com/java.php make sure to back up your Java folder somewhere. I'm not sure how to accept Java's security thingy for the new one.

nextweek
06-16-2014, 01:35 AM
is it just me or has the link stopped working?

Matt
06-16-2014, 03:41 AM
is it just me or has the link stopped working?
It's not just you, it's me too.

Is it the rest of us too?

Taragon
06-16-2014, 05:55 AM
ya

Cloudy
06-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Sketcher has shut down due to a server issue and will hopefully be back up and running in the future. It's unfortunate, stay tuned I guess!

indescribable
06-17-2014, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I think it's day three now, but hopefully it shouldn't take too much longer.

We apologize! Our server has experienced a power supply unit failure. The hard disk is expected to be intact. Incidentally, our data center provider has informed us that it is no longer solvent, and will be shutting down operations shortly. We have therefore decided to migrate to a cloud service. This process should take 1 - 3 days to complete, depending on how soon we receive our hard disk.

Cloudy
06-20-2014, 06:24 AM
The link on the Group Board tab is no longer working, please go to http://sketcher.artgrounds.com/mewantstodraw to draw.

Kodos
06-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Yaaay! Thanks, Cloudy!

http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/f/0/getin.001.gif

Cloudy
06-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Np guys.

GB tab is now up and running, have fun :>

nextweek
06-29-2014, 01:47 AM
I get this
http://i62.tinypic.com/2n6x4lt.png

arsland
06-29-2014, 03:21 AM
I get this
http://i62.tinypic.com/2n6x4lt.png

go to Control panel> Programs> JAVA> Security tab> Edit exception site list> Add "http://sketcher.artgrounds.com/" > OK

there u go ( this is for win7)

Cloudy
07-17-2014, 07:40 AM
GB is having trouble loading, I am keeping an eye on it.

Update: Seems to have sorted its business out. :>