PDA

View Full Version : So you gotta make a choice

GunZet
07-14-2012, 03:31 PM
of whether or not to save the lives of one of the following four people.

1- An elderly person whom you know is going to only live for a year.
2- A baby, but you've seen his/her future, and you know they will commit mass murder/genocide.
3- A 14 year old boy who will eventually kill(smash) your family.
4- Your mother who has also disowned you and could care less if you save her or not
5- Fart fart fart fart fart

I'm just curious.

nextweek
07-14-2012, 03:38 PM
do you HAVE to save one?

GunZet
07-14-2012, 03:39 PM
There is a fifth choice.

nextweek
07-14-2012, 03:41 PM
hehehehe I chose 5

toast
07-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Depends, what is the mother going to do that may be beneficial in the world?

GunZet
07-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Depends, what is the mother going to do that may be beneficial in the world?

Nothing. She goes back to her trailer home and lives her life watching Maury and drinking 7-11 Big Gulps. As far as she is concerned, she has no kids.

nextweek
07-14-2012, 03:47 PM
watching Maury and drinking 7-11 Big Gulps.

This killed me

Superdooperphailmachine
I'll save the baby and raise him against his predicted future.

toast
I wouldn't save any of them

GunZet
07-14-2012, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't save any of them
Looks like you want choice #5.

AlmanacnamedTime
07-14-2012, 03:52 PM
You should put a poll in with this.

Delphinus
07-14-2012, 03:56 PM
#1 because I'm swell

Matt
07-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Didn't they practice this kind of decision making in schools back in the Cold War times? I'm not exactly sure what the save/don't save criteria were, but I'm under the impression that you save whoever could contribute the most to society.

While I'd be tempted to save the elderly person, I'd save the baby and help raise him with full knowledge of serial killers, genocide, and psychology so that he could understand exactly why he'd develop into what I'd predicted. With understanding comes control. Then, he could go on to save many lives by researching his own psychology, combining the research with his own mentality, and writing books and reports and such about it.

^This based on the theory that younger people have the greatest potential.

Mr_Liebe
07-14-2012, 04:56 PM
I'd save my mom, the old man has lived his life, there are millions of babies some who'll become killers anyways, kid who would even consider harming my family can go fuck off and die, so I'd save my mom. She's not a doctor about to discover the cure to cancer, or aids or anything, society is meh, so eh, I'll save her.

ClockHand
07-14-2012, 05:00 PM
reasons?

Elderly Person: Don't know him/her and neither I know what he/she might have done in this hypothetical question.
Murderous Baby: How does a baby become a murder? The lack of conscious of a baby deprive me to see a baby as a murder.
Kid who will kill my familly: The only one of the options that hold a judgment of actions.
Useless and careless mother: Mother of who? mine is not like that, so this is not a question about my own family. And really, is not my problem.

GunZet
07-14-2012, 05:42 PM
I think you're thinking about it all wrong, Clock.

ClockHand
07-14-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't know man, You need to give me a motivation, goals and reasons to made the scene.

GunZet
07-14-2012, 05:54 PM
The only option up there I think has confused some people is the mother one. Let's clear things up, the mother option is meant to be a 'what if' scenario, as in "let's say this is your mother, and she's heartless, would you save her?" It has no real world personal connection.

edit: Actually, all of these are just about the 'what-if'.

The baby can become a murderer because people usually get older with time. It's just what we do.

The elderly person is just some random old dude who has lived a good life, and if you save him, will continue to live that good life until he dies in one year.

But option five is really the correct answer.

Delphinus
07-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Because letting five people die is better than letting four die, ignoring the murderers?

ClockHand
07-14-2012, 06:47 PM
from bad opinion to bad decisions?

I don't know, i though this were the kind of question that drunk friends tend to do for no absolute point and there is no real answer. Anyway, I just don't get it.

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-14-2012, 07:12 PM
i saved the kid who would kill my family. because if he has any consience (and most people do, apart from assasins and psychopaths) he would be in my debt for because i saved his life.

GunZet
07-14-2012, 07:13 PM
If I make a thread that is meant to be taken serious besides an art thead, I'll let you guys know.

ClockHand
07-14-2012, 07:13 PM
i saved the kid who would kill my family. because if he has any consience (and most people do, apart from assasins and psychopaths) he would be in my debt for because i saved his life.

Have you read Greek tragedy?

Byakuran
07-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Can't i offer myself as to die? So they all can live?
Or just save them all? #5

Delphinus
07-16-2012, 09:31 AM

I don't get this, why? At least two of the people (mother and elderly person) are better off being saved. The murderers are more complicated because their existence is going to cause more death than just letting them die, which is why I wouldn't save them.

http://intersectedlightly.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/no_fate_2.jpg

TheMoub
07-16-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't think there is a right answer to this. And if, it's definitely not #5.
I would say #4, because there's a chance she will do something that benefits the society at least a little. But it's definitely a hard decision...

GunZet
07-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Just look back at the OP and press ctrl-a, you shall find the true answer.

eltoroguaco
07-19-2012, 11:46 AM
I sense it was a bad choice to include a 5th option

Byakuran
07-23-2012, 11:31 AM
As i thought... number 5 makes sense. I think its the best answer.

Black_Shaggie
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
hmmm...well let's see here. Now...

Either they've already made peace with the fact that they're close to death, or fear death because they know what fresh hell awaits them so....NOPE.

2- A baby, but you've seen his/her future, and you know they will commit mass murder/genocide.
Fuck this kid.

Fuck this lil punk too. If he had pulled his skinny jeans up past his ass cheeks he'd probably be alive.

4- Your mother who has also disowned you and could care less if you save her or not
Fuck moms (if she'd ever be that cold). I'd probably already know how she felt in the 1st place. In some tragic way, her dying & me not saving her would be my way of obeying her wishes anyhow.

Now, indifferent flatunece is the solution to all the world's wrongs but especially for this quandary because the only one who should be saved would be the elder. But that's if you only feel that all life is precious...and in that case you'd may well save your estranged moms, the teen age serial killer & the anti christ too.

So no. Farts for them all.

Evil_Cake
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
in this scenario, would we have time to fart in everyone's faces tho?

GunZet
07-23-2012, 04:16 PM
hmmm...well let's see here. Now...

Either they've already made peace with the fact that they're close to death, or fear death because they know what fresh hell awaits them so....NOPE.

Fuck this kid.

Fuck this lil punk too. If he had pulled his skinny jeans up past his ass cheeks he'd probably be alive.

Fuck moms (if she'd ever be that cold). I'd probably already know how she felt in the 1st place. In some tragic way, her dying & me not saving her would be my way of obeying her wishes anyhow.

Now, indifferent flatunece is the solution to all the world's wrongs but especially for this quandary because the only one who should be saved would be the elder. But that's if you only feel that all life is precious...and in that case you'd may well save your estranged moms, the teen age serial killer & the anti christ too.

So no. Farts for them all.

Best I've seen yet, haha.