PDA

View Full Version : On the Bus

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Some guy is calling me gorgeous, asking my name, inquiring my destination, and occasionally touching my kneecap.

Suggestions (that don't include punching him in the face)?

Edit: He just moved from the back of the bus to come sit right next to me. This is gonna get violent soon.

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 06:58 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/k67040_Kill_it_with_fire_Titles_on_Posts_are_Soooo _Mainstream-s256x192-162844-580.gif

EDIT: What indescribable said :)

indescribable
06-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Go strike up a conversation with the bus driver.

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
HE TOUCHED MY BUTT.

YELLING. LOTS OF ANGRY YELLING. (And a near-physical fight with other people who told him to back off.)

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Teach him the meaning of vengeance!

indescribable
06-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, an eye for an eye, a butt-grab for a butt-grab. I'm sure that'll show 'im.

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Yuck, no way! XD

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Use gloves? Or you could use a blunt instrument like a bat or something?

indescribable
06-27-2012, 07:40 PM
How about one of those grabber sticks with a hand instead of a claw.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10052555/Handicapped_Supporter_And_Pliers_Grabber_Reacher.j pg

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Only old people own those!

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Nah, that is way to kind, if you want the job done you need to do it well, which is why I would be chosing something like this:

http://acimg.auctivacommerce.com/imgdata/0/0/3/1/9/1/webimg/840582.jpg

He won't walk for a week :)

indescribable
06-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I don't think we were going for full-on rape here.

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah your right, probably illegal as well :/

indescribable
06-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes, rape is definitely illegal.

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Hmm... I wasn't thinking rape just... public flogging maybe?

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I am not strong (OR PREPARED) enough to be wielding these weapons; I NEED PRACTICAL THINGS.

indescribable
06-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Pepper spray.

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/pepper-spray-spognebob.jpg

ClockHand
06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Destroy his nuts. And ones you did it, destroy it again.

If there is nothing else there, destroy his mouth with your foot, after having his nuts destroyed his face is going to be probably very close to the ground.

Now if you only want that as your final take, tell him to go away, that you are not interested in anything you say and you are not in the mood for anything. If the person persist, find a good strategy spot where you believe you could win or someone could protect you if something fails.

Even if people say, run away, the fact is that he is probably faster than you, and so, its futile, and giving him everything is kinda stupid if he wants to A) rape you or B) kill you. So my best advice, gain control over the situation before he gets all the control over it.

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 08:09 PM
I just made a scene, which got other people involved. I probably should carry pepper/bear spray, though, because a lot of unbelievable stuff goes on around here—human and nonhuman.

indescribable
06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Three cheers for Alaska!

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 08:11 PM
No, no, noooooooo
XD

ClockHand
06-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Always carry your cellphone on your backpack or purse, and if you believe things are going weird, just make it look like you are searching for something, but you are just marking police number.

Also, try to get in crowded places, don't give the back to no one, if you engage in a fight and you feel you won, don't fuck it up, probably the guy wasn't alone, in resume, just get control over the situation before you lost all control over it. And if you can, try to train running.

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 08:27 PM
and when they are on the ground, use the good old fashioned thumbscrews :D

Superdooperphailmachine
06-27-2012, 08:41 PM
You should carry a gun.

Evil_Cake
06-27-2012, 08:46 PM
ya and shoot all who cross u

indescribable
06-27-2012, 08:51 PM
A water gun. That shoots pepper spray.

Bacon_Barbarian
06-27-2012, 08:53 PM
I just made a scene, which got other people involved. I probably should carry pepper/bear spray, though, because a lot of unbelievable stuff goes on around here—human and nonhuman.

Some dumb bitch brought pepper spray into class once. You're allowed to keep that sort of stuff in your locker at my school, but you're not allowed to being it into class. She wanted to get out of class early so she set it off and sprayed it everywhere. Which was horrible. Stupid ... Stupid ... Stupid bitch.

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 10:32 PM
You should carry a gun.
I can only really see out of one eye; certainly this isn't a wise form of self-protection, haha.

Bacon: I hope you were either kidding or that it's a Nicki Minaj reference. I'm unfamiliar with the song beyond its title though, so I really can't tell. XD

Matt
06-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Its title is all you need to know. And not even that, ideally.

What are the requirements in your state to carry a taser?

Celestial-Fox
06-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Its title is all you need to know. And not even that, ideally.

What are the requirements in your state to carry a taser?

Thought about it; no flippin' clue. I should find out, though. A girl got raped in the staircase of the school library last year. :|

jubeh
06-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Hide like 30 pistols on your person that way if anyone actually does try to grab you like a bunch of pistols fall out of your clothes and then they're like wtf why do you have so many guns and you'll be like you're on the one way train to deadville pancho

GunZet
06-27-2012, 11:04 PM
awww, I remember my first creeper :3

Matt
06-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Thought about it; no flippin' clue. I should find out, though. A girl got raped in the staircase of the school library last year. :|
That's pretty bad. If you can't get your hands on a taser, try basic self-defense. The way I was taught, martial arts are just a fancy way of making an opening to run away. If that's not an option (and it will be an option 99% of the time), your primary objective is to make your attacker unable to attack you. And never fight fair. Fighting fair is for ego fights and sports.

ClockHand
06-27-2012, 11:33 PM
you see, there is no fairness in fighting. And again, those situations are about control and there is no better control than being a good runner.

GunZet
06-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Pepper spray, or a tazer. Or if you must take the cheaper, more violent solution- a switchblade.

Afrobit
06-27-2012, 11:41 PM
awww, I remember my first creeper :3

First grade teacher?

Man she was a wild one.

Also Krav Maga. It's useful. : )

Outcast
06-27-2012, 11:44 PM
I always been considered (somewhat jokingly) the creeper.

GunZet
06-27-2012, 11:45 PM
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/image.php?u=69&dateline=1340328963

jubeh
06-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Also Krav Maga. It's useful. : )

Krav maga + pocket sand = invincible

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100403023849/fanfiction/images/8/84/Dale_using_Pocket_sand.jpg

Hayashida
06-28-2012, 12:30 AM
make him swallow a cherry bomb

pajamajam
06-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Carry a flathead screwdriver in your purse. They're legal for anyone to carry and it hurts like fuck when you're jabbed with one. Plus not very many people are gonna fuck with someone who's attacking them with a screwdriver. Like other people said, don't try to be fair. If you have to castrate a motherfucker to get your point across, do it.

Seriously, though, if you're not comfortable with a situation and there are people around, make the biggest scene you can. Scream, yell, hit, cuss, just go fucking nuts. If someone's just being a little creepy and not taking the hint, don't worry about hurting their feelings. In fact, wound them so badly emotionally that they're crying on the floor in a fetal position by the time you're halfway through.

indescribable
06-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Pepper spray, or a tazer. Or if you must take the cheaper, more violent solution- a switchblade.
Switchblades are cheaper than pepper spray? What?

JJJorgie
06-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Instead of pepper spray, get wasp spray! It hurts worse and can spray farther.

jubeh
06-28-2012, 02:04 AM
what the

Mr_Liebe
06-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Did you try getting up and taking a different seat?

indescribable
06-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Haha, bug repellent.

Hayashida
06-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Just carry like a huge chain and if anyone tries anything, smash them up with it and then when the cops show up, just fasten it around your waist and be like oh this is just my belt constable

JJJorgie
06-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Haha, bug repellent.

Wasp killing spray is EXTREMELY different than bug repellent.

indescribable
06-28-2012, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I know. I think it's illegal to use for self-defense in most places, though.

JJJorgie
06-28-2012, 03:00 AM
When it comes to defending yourself against a serious attacker, I think wasp spray would be perfectly legal.

Celestial-Fox
06-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Carry a flathead screwdriver in your purse. They're legal for anyone to carry and it hurts like fuck when you're jabbed with one. Plus not very many people are gonna fuck with someone who's attacking them with a screwdriver. Like other people said, don't try to be fair. If you have to castrate a motherfucker to get your point across, do it.

Seriously, though, if you're not comfortable with a situation and there are people around, make the biggest scene you can. Scream, yell, hit, cuss, just go fucking nuts. If someone's just being a little creepy and not taking the hint, don't worry about hurting their feelings. In fact, wound them so badly emotionally that they're crying on the floor in a fetal position by the time you're halfway through.
The screwdriver thing is a good idea. I also made it clear to this guy that I'm not going put up with his crap. When everyone was unloading the bus, he touched my butt. I held up the line and turned around in his face and yelled at him, "You will never, ever touch me again, you understand that?" He stumbled backward a bit and some other dude started swearing at him in defense of me, which seemed to take the creepy guy's attention away (s he considered beating the crap out of the nice guy)a from me long enough for me to walk the heck away to a tourist spot. I mean, it didn't scare me much at all, because I'm always in well-populated areas, but it did infuriate me.

That's pretty bad. If you can't get your hands on a taser, try basic self-defense. The way I was taught, martial arts are just a fancy way of making an opening to run away. If that's not an option (and it will be an option 99% of the time), your primary objective is to make your attacker unable to attack you. And never fight fair. Fighting fair is for ego fights and sports.
Like Clock said, strength training may be beneficial, but my build isn't the most ideal for that kind of stuff. I've big boobs (ow running ow) and delicate hands with palms three inches wide (LOL punching). But obviously never fight fair. Heck, I don't even hold back when talking to people; I'm not afraid to be agressive in getting my point across.

JJJorgie
06-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Like Clock said, strength training may be beneficial, but my build isn't the most ideal for that kind of stuff. I've big boobs (ow running ow) and delicate hands with palms three inches wide (LOL punching). But obviously never fight fair. Heck, I don't even hold back when talking to people; I'm not afraid to be agressive in getting my point across.
I have hands three inches wide and five and a half inches tall at the age of 15, and I managed to achieve a black belt at the age of 9 (with 5-6 years of training, though), so i don't think that that will be a huge problem :) Plus there are many types of self defense that's strictly self DEFENSE (by which I mean, mainly how to escape from an attacker), so you don't have to have a giant physical showdown with them (Just a couple key hits and you're free).

Byakuran
06-28-2012, 06:21 AM
The weels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round~

Anyways, being serieus and telling him to back off is a good thing to do, if he stills bothers you, you can try asking a cop that a guy is sexuel harrassing you :l Get the mofo arrested whooo. But yeah carry some tool with you at all times like peper-spray, a lot of shit can happen in the world.

Matt
06-28-2012, 08:41 AM
When everyone was unloading the bus, he touched my butt. I held up the line and turned around in his face and yelled at him, "You will [i]never[i], ever touch me again, you understand that?" He stumbled backward a bit and some other dude started swearing at him in defense of me, which seemed to take the creepy guy's attention away (s he considered beating the crap out of the nice guy)a from me long enough for me to walk the heck away to a tourist spot.
And here is the primary difference between America and Japan. Anyway:

You took "actions speak louder than words," flipped it, and did a verbal one-hit K.O. That's awesome and I wish I'd have seen it.

I'm glad you eventually did that, but in the future, wouldn't it be best to react within the first two touches? I mean, the more he gets away with it, the more confident he'll get.

Hant_iiha_cohacomxoj
06-28-2012, 10:21 AM
this would be an awesome anime scene even better if they did that thing they did with bat man "gotham knight"

Celestial-Fox
06-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Matt: probably, but the context of him touching me was ehhhh before: not entirely wrong. I was listening to my headphones, and he melts wanting to talk to me, so be would tap my knee to let me know that he was talking. But strangely enough, when he moved closer to me he stopped poking me altogether because he assumed that our proximity implied that I was listening ... I wasn't. He didn't touch me again until he decided to grab my butt, wherein I lost it on him. And then peripheral dude was like, "Yo, you better leave her the f*ck alone," and the creeper guy decided that the comment merited a physical comeback to the person who said it.

Then I went to tourist spots, but they started to bother me, so I went into a couple art studios/shops and looked around for a while before going to the park. I had a bus to catch, but I missed it so I could avoid running into the creeper guy.

Delphinus
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
I had a bus to catch, but I missed it so I could avoid running into the creeper guy.

This is a big problem if the guy's causing you enough concern that you don't feel safe getting on the bus. Seriously, talk to someone who can do something about it (maybe even the police; does mollestation count as sexual assault?) and/or get tooled up. Consider a personal alarm.

Kodos
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
I believe molestation counts as sexual assault, but this is America and whether or not the cops feel like actually doing their jobs or "shut up, be glad someone thought you were cute, and come back if you ever have a real problem" is a crapshoot.

EDIT: I mean, this is the state where Palin tried (? Did that rape kit thing pass, Seefs? I forget.) to legalize rape of the poor.

Celestial-Fox
06-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, uh, the police here aren't the best, even when there's clear evidence. My mom's car was broken into, and nearly a thousand dollars'-worth of items were stolen; and even though there was video evidence of the thief, the police refused to do anything.

I'm not scared of public transportation (I'm actually at the bus station now), but that guy had made me uncomfortable enough to avoid waiting around for the next bus. Sure, this is a definite problem, but security and police aren't as helpful as one would hope, and calling him out on it was probably the most I could do at the time. There's a ton of incest and rape cases in the state, but it isn't dealt with the way that it should be.

And I'm not sure about Palin; she's not in office anymore, and I hadn't heard of it getting passed. I should probably check, though.

Shnorkel
06-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I mean, this is the state where Palin tried (? Did that rape kit thing pass, Seefs? I forget.) to legalize rape of the poor.
WHAT?

Celestial-Fox
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Welcome to Palin's Alaska; I'm your host, Reality Sucks!

Shnorkel
06-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Care to explain?

Kodos
06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Long story short: Palin passed/wanted to pass (again I don't know if it happened) a law that would require rape victims to pay for the rape kit, rather than having it provided by the police. So the obvious consequence of this is that poor women would be unable to afford the rape kit, would have little or no strong physical evidence for their case, and that their rapists could get away with it. Palin was not content with merely the metaphorical rape of the poor, she wanted it to be literal too, I guess.

And to boot, Alaska is already the rape capital of the US. Fun times.

EDIT: Oh and obviously, I'm really sorry to hear that all happened, Seefs. It's just awful :( Forgot to mention it in my first post, since I wasn't sure if you were still in this thread. And it kind of goes without saying.

Shnorkel
06-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Hwoah that's just fucked up.
And man I always thought Alaska was cool, I didn't know that.

Kodos
06-28-2012, 03:23 PM
I am wary of any place where the bears outnumber the humans.

Afrobit
06-28-2012, 09:05 PM
@Kudos:

That sickens me so much. So wrong on many levels.

Hamachi
06-28-2012, 09:47 PM
You know what to do. Head down to the nearest convenience store and buy a can of the good 'ol scented spice.

I hear Eau-de-Poivron is all the rage these days.

Celestial-Fox
06-28-2012, 09:53 PM
@Kudos:

That sickens me so much. So wrong on many levels.

Also, since most of the state is composed of Native Alaskan village who don't necessarily have that kind of money floating around.
AND most of the victims are in said places...
Oh, and as a bonus, we don't have stationary police/law enforcement up there.

indescribable
06-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Seems rather similar to paying for your own ambulance ride or basic emergency/health care. Though, as one guy put it, you wouldn't charge a burglary victim for print-dusting or DNA retrieval, and I don't actually agree with charging people with the former two, either.

Kodos
06-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Yes but you see, rape is the victim's fault, while burglary is not the victim's fault.

Also it's not like women are people.

You are talking from a standpoint that is alien to many, if not most, Americans and certainly to most of the people running this nation.

indescribable
06-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Indeed. :/

Bacon_Barbarian
06-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Bacon: I hope you were either kidding or that it's a Nicki Minaj reference. I'm unfamiliar with the song beyond its title though, so I really can't tell. XD
I realize this is an uber-late response, but no. I was not.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Yes but you see, rape is the victim's fault, while burglary is not the victim's fault.

Also it's not like women are people.

dude, you know guys can get raped too?

jubeh
06-29-2012, 04:49 AM
dude, you know guys can get raped too?

dude, you know guys can be sarcastic

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-29-2012, 04:53 AM
i get he was being sarcastic.

but he implied by saying "it's not like women are people" that only girls get raped.

not tru

jubeh
06-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Are you being for real right now

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-29-2012, 05:20 AM
maybe.......

are you being for real right now?

jubeh
06-29-2012, 12:22 PM
maybe none of this is real

Mr_Liebe
06-29-2012, 12:31 PM
I always figured that once you say "no." or something like that that it's rape, for anyone, that is.

Demonfyre
06-29-2012, 01:16 PM
I still think medieval torture weapons are the way to go :l

Bacon_Barbarian
06-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Oh my God. Mayma. ROFL

Hayashida
06-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I always figured that once you say "no." or something like that that it's rape, for anyone, that is.

okay what about if someone asks "do you want me to stop" and the person says "no" then is it rape duane well is it cmon answer me man i dont have all day here is it rape or isnt it are you gonna tell me or what jeez dude

Bacon_Barbarian
06-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Rape is such a funny topic you guys. Lets keep making jokes that are in unquestionably made in the best taste.

Demonfyre
06-29-2012, 08:22 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9869953.jpg

Bacon_Barbarian
06-29-2012, 08:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png

Demonfyre
06-29-2012, 08:27 PM
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/memes-troll-science-sure-to-end-the-oil-crisis.jpg

Is deliberately moving this thread off of the topic its supposed to be about an act of trolling? :o

ClockHand
06-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Explanation plz.

Demonfyre
06-29-2012, 08:34 PM
@Clock - There be your explanationz

|
|
V

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/899170/81469672.jpg

ClockHand
06-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I still don't get it. Should I feel mad because you are stupid or you have bad taste? Which one?

Demonfyre
06-29-2012, 08:36 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65njyam3B1qkg7pz.jpg

Both :L