PDA

View Full Version : Most possible to happen in your life that your afraid to happen

ram
06-17-2012, 09:54 AM
In other words Tell me your fear mortal.

Matt
06-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Most possible to happen if your life that your afraid to happen
That's one heck of an awkward title.

I'm afraid I'll fail as a writer and I'll go through life with a fatally boring job that just barely pays the bills and leaves me with little to no money to spare. Sure, toss death or illness around as much as you want, but nothing is as scary to me as having to live a boring life working at a job that I hate.

Mr_Liebe
06-17-2012, 02:11 PM
That I'll never make my parents proud, not even a single bit.

Evil_Cake
06-17-2012, 02:22 PM
early death

Outcast
06-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Dialysis. Blindness. Heart disease. Hearing loss.

jubeh
06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
late death

eltoroguaco
06-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Dialysis. Blindness. Heart disease. Hearing loss.

Gotta agree with this one. Especially Blindness, Heart Disease and Hearing Loss. My life all goes around the computer adn music. Losing my sight or hearing would mean the death to me. Heart disease is plausible for me in the future cause of genes, so ofc that scare me aswell...

But currently... My biggest fear is to lose my best friend/soulsister (she's all I got now when I'm single again) though that's hopefully not a big possibility. And telling my dad I failed one class at school...

Shnorkel
06-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Being stuck head down inside a long and very tight tube where I can't move at all while the tube slowly sinks into water.

Collapsix
06-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Gotta agree with this one. Especially Blindness, Heart Disease and Hearing Loss. My life all goes around the computer adn music. Losing my sight or hearing would mean the death to me. Heart disease is plausible for me in the future cause of genes, so ofc that scare me aswell...

But currently... My biggest fear is to lose my best friend/soulsister (she's all I got now when I'm single again) though that's hopefully not a big possibility. And telling my dad I failed one class at school...

aww ;_; *huggles* I won't die, I promise! Well... You can't cheat death but /shot
I think my biggest fears are similar to you. I don't want any of my close friends (including you) to die early or get a disease or anything. It hurts to think of it, especially when I can't help. Also the same about not getting good grades that won't get you into the place you want to go into. I mean, it sucks to try so hard, and at the end of all your suffering, you get nothing... School really knows how to beat you down.
@Shorkel: Woah, that just made me shiver... >.<

Buuut if I were to say something related to death, or something, being raped or beat up by strangers, or ride rollercoasters. Because I've watched too many horror movies and have a lot of fears for these things even when it's unlikely.

JJJorgie
06-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Being stuck head down inside a long and very tight tube where I can't move at all while the tube slowly sinks into water.

I had a dream like this before. One of my most nightmares.

I think one of my worst fears is getting a limb eaten/ripped off. Also, finding a dead body in one of my pastures at night.

ClockHand
06-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Become in a mix between james, duane and ram and have a late death.

This shit is my biggest nightmare.

eltoroguaco
06-17-2012, 06:10 PM
aww ;_; *huggles* I won't die, I promise! Well... You can't cheat death but /shot
I think my biggest fears are similar to you. I don't want any of my close friends (including you) to die early or get a disease or anything. It hurts to think of it, especially when I can't help. Also the same about not getting good grades that won't get you into the place you want to go into. I mean, it sucks to try so hard, and at the end of all your suffering, you get nothing... School really knows how to beat you down.
@Shorkel: Woah, that just made me shiver... >.<

Buuut if I were to say something related to death, or something, being raped or beat up by strangers, or ride rollercoasters. Because I've watched too many horror movies and have a lot of fears for these things even when it's unlikely.

Aww c'mon, rolercoaster accidents where it's not caused by the individual itself happens liek 1 in a million. You really should watch less horror movies xD

To the other you said. You really damn stay alive! Dunno what I'd do without you!

To the others reading this, I mean in a friendly way :P

Collapsix
06-17-2012, 06:29 PM

That's... creepy xD

Naw but, Guac, I'm going to a theme park with friends soon. If they get me on a roller-coaster like they said they would, they'd play a lot of tricks on me. It's like spiders, you're not gonna get killed by a spider but damn these things just scare me XD har.

ram
06-18-2012, 01:50 AM

isn't that already happening? except the late death ofcourse cause were not sure yet.

Inksprout
06-18-2012, 01:54 AM
I gotta agree I would hate to go blind, or lose any of my senses really.

GunZet
06-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Getting drafted into WWIII.

Demonfyre
06-18-2012, 01:07 PM
My fears... I have many fears... Currently it's SCP-173 though :s

I will never blink again

AlmanacnamedTime
06-18-2012, 01:36 PM
That I will die of insomia, or get mauled by a bear.

Renzokuken
06-18-2012, 02:22 PM
To live an unfulfilled life and to die alone, long after any friends or family.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-24-2012, 03:18 AM
to live a useless life.
to be forgotten when i die
to have freedom of choice removed from me

to be trapped in a small place where i can't move for any length of time more than five minutes. i'm slightly claustrophobic, but it only appears if i can't move. small crawlspaces, bring it on!

unusually i don't really give a damn about dying. i don't want to die yet, but if i had to die to save someone who was worth dying for, i would be all like "you better make this worth it" and then i'd go die. i've dealt with it enough that i know if you die you can let go of all of the problems you would have had to face in life.

6 that is why people commit suicide. escape from life. cowards commit suicide, the brave live till they have to/should die

Delphinus
06-24-2012, 03:10 PM
6 that is why people commit suicide. escape from life. cowards commit suicide, the brave live till they have to/should die

This is untrue. There are numerous reasons for suicide as identified by criminologists and sociologists studying suicide; only one type corresponds to 'escape'. Revenge, to get sympathy, and to reach heaven are other possible motivations. Also boredom.

Midori-Midori
06-25-2012, 07:34 PM
To be alone. :C
I think I have the exact opposite of claustrophobia, I hate open spaces and solitude. It's scary just being home alone. Or when you're walking on the road and there is no one around and you get paranoid about the many what if's.
I also find tight spaces, to a certain degree, quite comfy. C:

Celestial-Fox
06-26-2012, 05:37 AM
This thread is a downer. XD

What I'm most afraid of changes from day to day. Ram said that we should say what's the thing we are afraid of that is most likely to happen.

(Trigger warning: assault)
So I'd probably say I'm afraid of being raped. My state had the highest rate of rape in the nation. When I was six years old a girl that lived around the corner from me was raped and repeatedly stabbed to death. So yeah. That's mine a lot of the times.

Matt
06-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Speaking of that, Seefy, I'm afraid of not being able to save someone if I see that kind of thing happening. Like, really afraid. I'm gonna share a story here of why that is. Probably no triggers here, but spoilered anyway:
When I was really young, my family and I lived in Farmington, right next to Detroit. When we were in the store one day, and when I was sitting in the cart with my parents out getting groceries, two guys walked down the aisle talking about killing who I assumed was a girl or woman. I don't remember the exact words, but I do remember one saying "she won't make it out of here alive."

I think about it from time to time, but it's not a "dark past = motivation" thing. I'm not a cliched fantasy character. I wrote the better part of my preteen wish-fulfillment action stories as a New York teenager who saved girls' lives from overly generic bad guys, and that's about it. I figure the only reason it's not a trigger is because I only realized what it was afterward.

Delphinus
06-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Tbh my biggest fear is failure.

Hell_Baron
06-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Dying without having actually lived...

Delphinus
07-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Let's just say I really need to pass this next set of exams or I will not be happy.

Snooderflubbyguppy
07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
i will not say...... its really creepy........*shuders* i never tell my deep dark secrets or fears to anyone not even my best friends who i trust more than anyone. i have issues ok? ones that you wouldnt think i would have even if you knew me in real life.

Delphinus
07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Well, if you don't say what your issues are then you just sound like a broody teenager... and, hell, in my broody phase I can almost guarantee that I outdid you on the 'creepy bastard' side of things.

AlmanacnamedTime
07-02-2012, 04:36 PM
She is the definition of a broody teenager.

Delphinus
07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
So you mean if I look in the dictionary-?

EDIT: Looked in dictionary, there's a picture of snoodyflubbygubby next to 'broody teenager'

Snooderflubbyguppy
07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
gee thanks! ok ill tell one of them

i am scared that everyone is just people that are in my head and i am in a room with ruber walls and stuff. i think that sometimes bcuz most of the time nothing feels real and i have no way of proveing myself wrong and i wish i do. i always feel like im sliping. and that freacks me out.....ok there thats one of them. and becuase of that half the time i feel am on the brink of braking downand it takes all my will power to stay in power of myself. now you get it?

and is "snooderflubbyguppy" NOT "snoodyflubbygubby" and if thats too big a mouth full than call me sans ok? :)

Delphinus
07-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey, you might qualify to be a philosopher!

The bad news is, you can never know whether you're a crazy person locked in a cell, just like you can never know if you're actually in The Matrix.
The good news is it probably doesn't matter. We might never know for certain whether the world we see is real, but it's the most likely thing ever - and we don't know any reasonable alternatives. It's 99.99999999999999999999&#37; likely what appears to be real is, for a given value of 'real'.

If the world feels unreal to you, don't worry. Today's world is unreal compared to the past. We don't tend to do anything requiring massive physical effort. We don't connect very often to other human beings. Technology and computers, rather than human beings, fulfil our needs. The whole idea of 'hyperreality' in French philosophy is about how unreal our world is. It's not you going crazy, it's the world we live in, it's the 21st century.

What you can do is try and recapture a feeling of reality. Meet people, take up a sport, do something creative, and always always question what you're told and come to your own conclusions. Live your life, and you'll feel real. But go your own way. Don't do things just because you're expected to or because you've been told to. Do what you feel is right, and what you want to do. It sounds like a cheesy self-help seminar, but it's working okay for me. :D

"It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" ~ Emiliano Zapata

Snooderflubbyguppy
07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
thanks! but its still freaky

Delphinus
07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Lots of things are freaky but that's kind of what makes them cool and interesting

Snooderflubbyguppy
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
i guess so. i still think its an issue though.

Delphinus
07-02-2012, 06:40 PM
What's an issue?

eltoroguaco
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
That you do not know what an issue is.

Delphinus
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I just find people and their problems really interesting and I always want to help people out. I mean it's got me in trouble in the past and led to some unnecessary heartache, but I'd rather be upset than apathetic. :D

Snooderflubbyguppy
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
thanks! i am really not mad about you trying to help. nom nom time ttfn ta ta for now!

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-03-2012, 02:11 AM
i'm scared of rejection.

which is why i don't tell people stuff that's particularly important to me.
or won't tell someone what i think of them

bascially, i'm a wuss :/

and i'm scared that i'm a terrible person and that everything i don't want to be i'm becoming