PDA

View Full Version : F.E.N.R.I.S. - Collaboration Project

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 08:40 AM
NOTE: We are still in preliminary stages of the design, by which I mean we are brainstorming :3 don't expect a brilliantly made comic :P

Anyway this is the thread where myself and Mereana (WhenRabbitsAttack) and Raz (Shnorkel) shall be co-writing a short manga thing :D feel free to post suggestions and what not to stop it from spiraling into the weird realms of absurdity :L the project isn't planned to be anything large and will probably just be a fun exercise for practice, but you never know what it could evolve into.

The following three posts I have reserved so I can edit them and keep information up to date maybe with some pictures and extracts from out project and other related stuff :)

:cat_tea:

Contents (Will be beefed up more as the project expands and we have more information to store.)

Post 1 - Summary
Post 2 - Chapters, Timeline and Story Extracts (and Story Ideas)
Post 3 - Concept Art

F.E.N.R.I.S. Summary

Project Name: Fenris
Setting: Floating Islands of the Valorian States
Date: 2081 AD
Genre(s): Undecided
Primary Protagonist(s): Jett, Tyra, Viorell, Llyod, (Hel)
Secondary Protagonist(s): TBA
Primary Antagonist(s): Okinsella, Hel, Hati, Skoll, Jörmungandr
Secondary Antagonist(s): TBA

Other Ideas

Idea #1 (Post-Apocalyptic Theme)

Project Name: To soon to decide
Setting: Future Earth, A city of sorts?
Date: 2050-2100
Primary Protagonist(s): Male and Female Survivor
Secondary Protagonist(s): Rest of group members + other roles
Primary Antagonist(s): Hive Queen of weird bug things and the Leader of 'rogue factions'
Secondary Antagonist(s): The Weird Bug Things
Vague Description: Set in a future earth where an unknown apocalypse known as 'The Incident' has wiped out most of humanity and a few pockets of civilization remain who are trying desperately to restore order to a world torn by chaos and survive the onslaught of the mysterious [To be names -- Genetic Bug Things]. The story revolves around a group of survivors whom go by the name of [To be named -- if you want] and their exploits as they try to navigate a world of madness and discover what happened all those years ago leading to the creation of the [To be named].

Idea #2 (Stranded/Shoujo Themes)

A group of survivors wake up on a beach at the edge of a jungle with no memories of their previous lives. There are no signs of human activity apart from stray surveillance cameras found monitoring the island. The survivors must work together in order to survive the harsh environment they find themselves stuck in, to recover their lost memories and to get to find out the nature of the mysterious surveillance cameras.

Idea #3 (Oppression Theme)

Set around the city of 'Tobedecided:3', where the city is segregated into two societies, the Dark Sector and the Metropolis. The Metropolis is the heart of the empire and where the wealthy and powerful reside to enjoy their lives and the Dark Sector is the slums at the outer edge of the cities. From birth Dark Sector residents are seperated into different categories defining there job within 'The Machine' - a large factory built to supply electricity to the Metropolis and to power their amenities. They are split into three classes; Laborers the basic work force tasked with working 'The Machine', the Commanders whom are charged with maintaining order of the workforce and the Maternals, tasked with providing nutrition and other resources to all the workers in the Machine. The story is set around the first uprising of the Dark Sector and their desperate attempt to break free from the oppression of the Metropolis.

Idea #4 (Disaster/Shoujo Themes)

Set in a small rural farming town somewhere in tornado valley, America. A group of high school kids have been out of town for a biology trip. When they return to the town, they find it has been completely destroyed by a massive tornado. They explore the broken city, and as they do, a feud develops about whether they should leave the town to go find help or if they should stay and wait. A group split off to try and find help. The story revolves around the group of survivors and the problems they encounter in search for civilization. At the end of the story feuds, new loves, break ups develop but manage to find help and go back to their town to see if the other kids survived: they didn't, and with the tragedy of the incident and the loss of their friends they start to rebuild their broken city with their new found love.

Idea #5 (Cyborg/Shonen (with bits of Shoujo) Themes)

Jett is a cyborg labeled F.E.N.R.I.S. who was abducted and had his memory wiped by an anti-government organization. His abilities are sealed using an algorithm called 'Gleipnir'. He was disguised as an ordinary boy by the organization and sent to a foster family, given the name 'Jett'. He grew up thinking he had lost his family and memories in an earthquake that had occurred 11 years prior to the beginning of the story. He is part of a series of cyborgs created to recreate the world anew, beginning Ragnarok. He is the first in the series, and using him two more were created, Hati and Skoll. Jett was assaulted by Hati who managed to break the seal 'Gleipnir', unlocking Jett's abilities and releasing Ragnarok. Tyra, the mysterious girl in his class, actually belongs to the organization who kidnapped him and wiped his memory. She was sent by the organization tasked with keeping an eye on Jett during his highschool years and prevented the seal from being broken.

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 08:41 AM
(RESERVED - YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU NEED SPARE POSTS!)

:cat_whistle:

F.E.N.R.I.S. Part 1 of 3

The story begins with Jett, an ordinary highschool student living in [unnamed city], a floating city in the "Valorian States" in the year 2081 AD.
On his way home from his part-time work, a mysterious boy looking somewhat his age approaches him in the empty street, and addresses Jett as 'Fenris'. The boy attacks Jett with superhuman strength, and just as the beaten Jett is about to receive the powerful finishing blow, a girl jumps into the scene and deflects it.
She was a quiet yet very attractive girl from his class, named Tyra; she always made Jett wonder about her.
Tyra, wielding an odd spear, fought back at the boy who attacked Jett. After a short battle, the injured boy reaches out to Jett and punches right through his chest. Then Jett suddenly goes berserk and unleashes destructive powers at the boy, without being aware of what he is doing. Soon afterwards, the mysterious boy flees, and Jett faints, falling on the floor of the recently destroyed street.

Jett wakes up in the care of Tyra, with his seemingly fatal wound mostly healed. Tyra admits to him that he is in the center of a government conspiracy, and she was sent to his high-school by an underground anti-government organization known as [organization name], in order to supervise him. She also tells him that he is involved in this because he has 'superhuman traits' but doesn't elaborate on the topic.
Tyra insists that Jett, for his own safety, stay underground. She introduces him to her organization's members. Among them are Viorell, who belongs to the 'Valkyries', [organization name]'s top Special Forces unit, and Lloyd, the Valkyries' main mechanic and engineer. Jett soon befriends them.

Four days after his incident with the mysterious boy, on their way to [organization name]'s headquarters, they stumble across a girl who also addresses Jett as 'Fenris'. She introduces herself as 'Skoll', and also notes that she apologizes for her brother's, Hati's, incivility for not introducing himself when he first met Jett 4 days prior. She questions Jett about his memories and physical condition, and attempts to convince Jett to come with her without resistance but for no avail. A battle ensues between them and Skoll. The more the battle intensifies, Jett feels overwhelmed with adrenalin, and as Skoll is about to land a deadly blow on Tyra Jett instinctively uses an unfamiliar power to knock away Skoll and prevent her from hurting Tyra. Impressed, she then begins fighting more viciously and quickly defeats them both. As she is approaching the defeated Jett, she is attacked by the Valkyries and soon gets overpowered by the barrage of attacks, and retreats saying that next time they won't be so lucky.

. [ To be added, Jett finding out more about his powers and their nature, telling Tyra about his 'past' and the accident that caused memory loss 11 years prior. Also, some affinity building up between Jet and Tyra]

One night, Jett wakes up to find a girl who appears to be around 10 years old sitting on his desk chair. She appears like an ordinary girl, but has bionic prosthetic part of her head and legs. She introduces herself as 'Hel', and declares that she has no intention to harm him, and that she only wants to talk. She begins by explaining to him that he is more than an ordinary human, that he belongs to The Harbingers, that his existence and powers have a very specific purpose, and that he should return to 'father'. Once asked if she is the same as Hati and Skoll, she replies that she is ordered by The Harbingers the same way they are, but that she is "just a regular human, slightly tinkered with". She says that she worries for his safety, and warns him that sticking with Tyra and her organization is very dangerous for him. Afterwards, she climbs out the window and disappears into the night.

The morning after, Jett tells Tyra about his encounter, and she takes him to the [organization name]'s HQ in order to report it to the higher-ups. Once Jett describes his encounter while omitting Hel's warning about the organization, he is requested to stay in the headquarters and spend the night there for the meantime.

Unable to fall asleep, Jett goes to the moon pool (reminder: the story is in a floating city) and sits by the poolside to think about Hel's warning. To his surprise, Tyra comes out of the pool next to him, saying she was just doing some swimming and diving. She sits next to him and they talk. She tells Jett how she got into [organization's name] because she wanted to follow the steps of her now deceased father, and that she is happy now that she doesn't need to watch Jett from a distance without any interaction like she had to before. Jett tells her about Hel's warning, and that he doesn't want to believe it to be true. Tyra tells him that it is her duty to protect him and that she will never do anything to harm him. Just before the two kiss, Viorell walks in and interrupts them, when she asks them what are they doing awake so late.

The day after, as Jett spends his time breathing fresh air on the roof, Hati and Skoll appear and blast him off the roof down to one of the alleyways. Jett attempts to escape and the twins give chase. After a short while of being chased by them, Jett finds himself cornered. They order him to come with them, as he is cornered and outnumbered. Jett refuses, and attacks first using his powers. As they fight, Hati and Skoll begin telling him about his true past. They reveal to him that 11 years prior he was in the center of a covered-up experimental testing of 'The Ragnarok', and that he is living in a lie created by [organization's name]. They explain to him that they address him as 'Fenris' because that is his true name which is an acronym for for 'Fully Enhanced Neohuman Radiopasteurizing System', and that he was actually brought up in a lab while being heavily augmented with bionics. They reveal to him that after the successful testing of 'The Ragnarok', [organization's name] kidnapped him and wiped out his memory using an algorithm named 'Gleipnir', which restricts his powers, and ridding of the restrictions was Hati's purpose when Jett first met him.
Jett also realizes that he is adopted as he has no sibilings and no pictures of himself younger than 7 years old.
Feeling shocked and betrayed, Jett asks Hati and Skoll about their goals, and they answer saying that all they do is filling the orders given by 'The Harbingers', by capturing Jett. They continue explaining by telling him that he is the trigger to The Ragnarok, and that when he was an infant he was taken in and augmented by The Harbingers only for that sole purpose.
Then, the three of them are interrupted by the sound of Tyra's spear falling and clanking on the ground. Tyra was frozen in her spot upon hearing all of this, but the Valkyries that she came with began attacking Hati and Skoll and a battle ensues.
Jett ran away from the scene, still utterly devastated upon hearing the truth.

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 08:43 AM
(RESERVED - YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU NEED SECONDARY SPARE POSTS!)

:cat_whistle:

Concept Art

To be decided...

Bacon_Barbarian
06-12-2012, 12:55 PM
This goes in the Manga & Anime works section.

Snooderflubbyguppy
06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
wow you've got so much done! mybe you guys should pick a setting, that might help a little.

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 06:32 PM

@BB - It is in the Manga & Anime works section?

@Snooderflubbyguppy - Wow... give us a chance to decide... we're not gonna have it all written out in a day :L

Snooderflubbyguppy
06-12-2012, 06:40 PM
@Demonfyre - ya sorry i've had to deal with anoying people today. not you guys other people.

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 06:43 PM
No worries its cool :)

JJJorgie
06-12-2012, 08:56 PM
This'll probably end up pretty cooly! Can't wait for some actual details!

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 09:05 PM
^ Haha yeah hopefully when Mereana gets on we'll be able to share ideas and actually get a setting :P

JJJorgie
06-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Ooo, it'll be kind of hard with the time differences! She usually gets on around the time you're getting off.

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 09:55 PM
I know :/ which is why this thread has been set up :D speaking of which im gonna brainstorm a few ideas and post them up (if I gets any)

JJJorgie
06-12-2012, 09:57 PM
How long is the story going to be?

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Not sure, ideally it would be something small, like a fun exercise if you know what I mean + we both have our own projects. Mereana has Cherry Baby, I have Genome, but you never know if it goes well it may be expanded :)

Idea #1:

Not exactly supernatural but how about say a viral outbreak which culls most of the world population and the story revolves around the new world order and a group of survivors who were gifted with genetic resistance against the virus?

NOTE: Not a zombie outbreak... that is way to overused :/

ram
06-13-2012, 02:18 AM

Backseat modding: Failed

Pretty nice having idea reserving post, Man I should've done that in my thread!
What happened to mereana's cherry baby?

you two should post stuffs about what you like about a manga story, or favorite parts of the story that you want so you can start to cooperate each others ideas.

atleast first decide if the protagonist is boy or a girl, if both who's the first to show in the story?

Edit: oh sorry I haven't seen your post there, about genome I haven't visited that thread yet, maybe I'll go check it out.

Not exactly supernatural but how about say a viral outbreak which culls most of the world population and the story revolves around the new world order and a group of survivors who were gifted with genetic resistance against the virus?

Try again, most girls aren't a fan of resident evil.. you wont be able to cooperate with mereana with that gaming mind of yours.. try to sychronize with a girl's thought by atleast reading some shoujo manga

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-13-2012, 03:03 AM
argh, i'm sorry! i had to study so i wasn't able to get on yesterday! so sorry T-T.

on your idea for using a virus as a way to create a setting, it's a good idea but it's become quite common maybe a more interesting way to develop the story woyld be to use animals/ insects as a way to wipe out the population? also, it would be easier and would provide a way to rescue the protagonist from the dystopian reality if it was centered in a single, though large, country. for example, maybe a new species of bug that was genetically engineerd to do... something has started to destroy the human race due to the fact that, like a super-botfly, it lays its eggs in human skin, but instead of just one egg, they lay thousands and they kill the person and eat the corpse from the inside out. when they hatch and start spreading it to other humans.

pretty gruesome idea, but it would be interesting. i have a weird mind :/

ram, resident evil is cool. so you can put that in your pipe and smoke it (quote from sherlock holmes)

ram
06-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Is it really the type of story that you would create? I've enjoyed some gruesome stuffs and enjoyed some nothing but romance manga, I like stories like HOTD and enjoyed steins;gate and I think I could easily make stories that are similar to them.

but keep in mind that you can't continue to work with the story for months and keep drawing if it's not what you really enjoy doing.
You'll get stuck in chapter 1 for sure.

You guys think of co-writting partnership too lightly.
I think you do have a great mind who adopts easy but you should think about this you fool.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-13-2012, 04:04 AM
thanks ram (sarcasm)

it's isn't like that was a final draft. it was an idea. we don't expect to have fleshed out a complete idea in a short amount of time. we're still brainsorming!(correct me if i'm wrong ,james)

JJJorgie
06-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Ram was only trying to help (granted he was a little impatient and kind of rude). And, he's right, you want it to be something that you're both passionate about writing and drawing so that you won't plan a whole story and then never follow through.

Demonfyre
06-13-2012, 06:29 AM
@Ram - Thanks for your post :) anyway to reply:

Haha :P

Thanks :D I've used that technique on other forums I was worried I would get reprimanded for it :/

Yeah ok good idea I'll get round to that later, got drawing to do now :P

Genome doesn't have a thread yet, im still working on its characters and stuff (it's actually pretty well set I've just not put on a thread yet). Thanks for showin interest :D

It's not really Resident Evil and also it's just one idea I came up with so I'm happy to change edit or get rid of it entirely if Mereana doesn't like it, and unfortunately i've read quite a few shoujo mangas so that may be a problem :/ i'm sure we will find something we both like :P

@Mereana

so you can put that in your pipe and smoke it

An epic quote it is :P

Demonfyre
06-13-2012, 06:39 AM
@All involved - Mereana pretty much summed it up were just brainstorming until we find something that we can both work with :) I appreciate your critism and welcome you to do so again on the base ideas but please remember that that is what they are, ideas, thanks for posting and raising those points though :)

@Mereana - Hmm, I see what you mean and yeah gruesome but I was thinking more of a post-apocalyptic story, like the event happened and the story is vaguely set around the formaion of new governments and different branches of society not necessary fighting it out but if you wanted we could include some 'rogue factions' for the Shonen element :P That could also reduce the importance of having definite moment here the world as we know it ended. Actually! Having the post-apocalyptic idea would be ideal because it could also be one of the major climaxes of the story where they find out what actually happened to earth and that could allow us to make up something ludicrous (if you wanted) :P obviously though the event would also have to involve a way to allow the introduction of these genetic bug things :P which is an interesting idea :P

Whenever I think about them I think about the Necromorphs from dead space albeit they are like grossly mutated humans rather than insects :L I really like the idea of the genetic bugs and personally I would like to see them created by humans because the whole plot would be a lot more nefarious and interesting if they were of human origin. In industry people can introduce different bug predators to prevent the consumption of crops by like pest species, it could be that we were designing the ultimate pest control measures but goes horribly wrong?

I was thinking that the story would revolve around a group of say 4-6 survivors which would also allow as ram suggested allow us to make it interesting with a romance adding the Shoujo element xD

I guess the correct question is however would you enjoy working on this idea and designing it etc? I'm happy with where this idea is heading but I will move on and think of more ideas if you don't like it :)
I await your reply :D

(Note: I'm going to use the second post to store these ideas until we decide on which one we are both happy to work with, personally this one is shaping up nicely in my opinion :3)

Idea #1 (Post-Apocalyptic Theme) Summary:

Project Name: To soon to decide

Setting: Future Earth, A city of sorts? -- Personally I was thinking somewhere in USA because, well most disasters seem to happen there :P in Japan we have no idea how their services work etc and just a general lack of knowledge, and I suppose if you wanted we could do UK as well but its a bit boring and not so big :L

Date: 2050-2100 -- Trying to think of a suitable time frame which would allow for a disaster but also time for society to somewhat recover.

Primary Protagonist(s): Male and Female Survivor -- *cough* love story...

Secondary Protagonist(s): Rest of group members + other roles -- Back benchers :D

Primary Antagonist(s): Hive Queen of Weird Mutant Bugs and the Leader of 'rogue factions' -- if we were to use the idea of a rogue faction

Secondary Antagonist(s): The Weird Bugs -- for lack of a better name :P

Vague Description: Set in a future earth where an unknown apocalypse known as 'The Incident' has wiped out most of humanity and a few pockets of civilization remain who are trying desperately to restore order to a world torn by chaos and survive the onslaught of the mysterious [To be names -- Genetic Bug Things]. The story revolves around a group of survivors whom go by the name of [To be named -- if you want] and their exploits as they try to navigate a world of madness and discover what happened all those years ago leading to the creation of the [To be named]. -- This is how I see it so far, Let me know if you want anything changed etc :)

From UK drama Primeval. This is what I have in my head at the moment :D which btw is epic and you should all watch it... now!
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/127/8/c/primeval__future_bugs_by_Obilivon666.jpg

Shnorkel
06-13-2012, 09:43 AM
This is sort of interesting :)
If you're looking for some rational background behind this, there's the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis), or Zombie Ant Fungi (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/05/120504-zombie-ant-fungus-science-environment-rainforest/) (in monkey terms). You can say it mutated due to genetic engineering that went wrong. I can't stress enough how a big fruit-anthenna that comes out of infected people's skulls sounds awesome!
This is only in case you're not insisting on bugs or anything. You can even merge the two, have a hive of some sort, with a hive queen (which will obviously be ridiculously sexy, or a little girl. Preferrably not both.) Mabye even have the fungi mutate the infected ones horribly so they become ferocious motherfuckers.
Oh man I already like your manga.

If you guys ever want another person in the team, then know that I would be totally interested :3

Bacon_Barbarian
06-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Dude, it totally was in a different section when I reported it.

Anyway, you too should probably be doing this over PMs or something. You literally had nothing in the OP. But ignoring that, what on Earth do you mean by a "Crash Collision of Shonen/Shoujo" ... Because that's gonna be hellish to pull off. Both genres have very different defining tropes and characteristics in just the plot. Combining the two stylistically in the art is going to also be difficult. And how would you split the drawing anyway?

Demonfyre
06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
@Shnorkel - Thanks for the feedback on our idea :) and sure your welcome to help and make suggestions if you want :D I'll ask Mereana if she is cool with you helping on the project, however we still need to see if Mereana likes this idea before we can go ahead and start character profiles and stuff :P oh and along with the bugs idea, you know how they use bugs as pest control, I was thinking something like we (Humans) engineered like some super predator to control pest species that are growing out of controls due to human activity but as usual the engineering goes wrong and results in a locust like species which rely on a hive mind system?

@BB - Well I made it in the same section as Cherry Baby which is coincidently this one :o and I don't mean a literal merge more like the bits a prices we like of the different genres. Opens up many possibilities rather than saying it is this or that :L

Bacon_Barbarian
06-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Sure you did.

And ... Best of luck with that. Do you the bits and pieces thematically or stylistically?

Demonfyre
06-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Glad you agree :P and thematically (I think), the style will be the style, I have little control of that, however the story doesn't need to be one extreme or the other, a median would be nice and if people want to pick one to stick to then i'm happy to do so.

Oh an idea: Assuming that it was a Hive Mind we could make it that the Hive Mind was patient zero, like patient zero infected by genetically modified bug, mutates and breeds releasing more of the weird bug things and hence plague begins :L so we could design like a massive monster human thing, like Raz suggested like a child or a woman connected to some weird resident evil looking mutant thing :P what do you think about that?

ram
06-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Shounen and shoujo can't really be combined.

Not only in story but also paneling style and page composition. making it different on every page would be really weird.

Demonfyre
06-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Fair enough, well this can be something new then I guess :L I've put it as undecided for now until we fully decide, I wasn't really referring to the style though I was thinking more about content and storyline having elements of both

@Mereana - Which type would you prefer to make? I like both Shonen and Shoujo so I really don't mind :) Also how about we brainstorm three ideas, and then make a choice of which one we prefer the most? We're not rushed for time, may as well take as much time as is required :) this one is very Shonen like, so if we were to brainstorm more I suggest a shoujo idea next :)

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-14-2012, 06:02 AM
well, you seem to be really interested in a post apocalyptic setting, so maybe a slightly more shoujo take on that? maybe we have two(or more, if you wanted to create the love triangle sort of thing) survivors in an isolated town that was destroyed by natural causes, and we follow them as they try to find civilisation again.
of course, this would be very romantic and stuff, but i wouldn't be able to give as much knowledge from experience to this genre as i could shonen, but it would be interesting :)

Demonfyre
06-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Sorry I just get carried away with ideas whatever they are :P yeah and I think that may be a problem I'm unsure how we would create a love plot especially a triangle for that matter :O however it could get interesting like you said :P hmm... I'll see if I can come up with some more ideas whilst I'm away at the dentists on more shoujo stuff and try to keep away from disaster themes, they can't all be like that :L I've put idea one of the apocalyptic theme on the second post so it's there saved so we can concentrate on some other ideas now before we pick the one to work on :)

Also what do you think of fantasy and SiFi themes? Because Personally I like the genre and have a couple ideas I could share with you if your also interested?

Also I propose we just brainstorm ideas and plots back and forth until your school breaks up, will give us a chance to come up with a variety of ideas? Then we can choose the idea and focus on profiles and stuff :3

Demonfyre
06-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Anyway some new ideas:

Idea #2 (Shoujo Idea Thing Based off of Mereana's idea)

Basically, group of survivors wake up on a random beach with no memories at all. From the beach extends a large jungle with no signs of human activity. They need to rely on each other for survival and to reclaim their lost memories. (Could be something like a Shipwreck or a Planecrash). Not sure if it's too general so it may need work to make it more original, let me know what you think :)

Also could you explain your idea Mereana about a disaster in a town and the story what would happen in it please?

(Old) Idea #3:

Well this isn't really a new idea, actually I came up with it a while ago for a novel but kinda forgot about it :/ anyway this story deals with lots of deep elements like human slavery, oppression and loss of freedom of speech and is generally a quite dark. Basically its set around a large city which is split into two parts; The Metropolis (The inner city and where the wealthy reside in a safe and peaceful environment) and the Dark Sector (The outer city and a slum where the inhabitants are treated like livestock for the Metropolis' gain). In the Dark Sector the inhabitants are forced to work in a large power factory known by them as 'The Machine', it is very dangerous and releases pollutants into their living area. Anyway the story resolves around the uprising of the Dark Sector as they try to break away from the oppression of the Metropolis and become their own separate community. This uprising results in the population barricading them selves within The Machine and using it as a fort to defend themselves from the Metropolis attack whilst cutting off the power source forcing them into a submission. However in the original concept the uprising fails and what happens to the survivors I never planned to disclose.

I should also mention that I never planned on setting a particular setting or time for these events as in my opinion made it more mysterious and foreboding. In other words the idea could have occurred anywhere at any given time. Also I don't expect this idea to get chosen but you never know :)

ram
06-15-2012, 04:53 AM
You should make your own setting as well mereana.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-15-2012, 06:01 AM
okay,i'll develop my shojuo idea a bit.

set in a small rural farming town somewhere in tornado valley, america.
a group of highschool kids have been out of town for a biology trip. at the start there are 13 of them. when they return to their town, they find it completley destroyed by a massive tornado.they explore the broken city, and as they do, a feud develops between some of the chracters about whether they should leave the town to go find help or if they should stay and wait for someone to find them. a group of five split of a decide to try and find help. the story would revove around this groupmof survivors and the problems(emotional and otherwise) that they encounter in their search for civilisation. at the end of the story there would have bben feuds new loves, break ups and so forth, but they manage to find help and go back to their town to see if the other kids survived: they didn't, but the story ends on a happy note as they start to rebuild their broken city with their new found love(fod, that last sentence is so cheesy!>.<)

i like you shoujo idea, but wouldn't it be moreinteresting if they had somehow wound up at a secret government facility or a drug lord's manufacturing plant? as they discovered what happened to them before they could also find out stuff about where they crashed.

your last idea would certainly be a very interesting, empowering and plotically comentating piece to write, but it looks like it needs a bit of refinement. like, how were these divides in class created? what are their jobs in 'the machine'? could the machine be used effectivley to aid there uprising or would the metropolis have control of it's system. it's a good idea though, and certainly worth developing.

Demonfyre
06-15-2012, 07:54 AM
I like that idea :) I'll say more about it when I get back home and hopefully once Shnorkel gets a have I read it :)

Also do you mean to make the crash (whatever it is) deliberate? That would be an interesting twist :P I also just imagine in the beginning the go into this jungle or whatever and find their plane or whatever it is crashed in a clearing :) likewise I'll talk more about this when I get back. Sorry I didn't develop it more didn't have the time other than a basic idea, whilst I'm out tonight I'll try to refine it further and get some more notable points which would effect the characters :)

Thanks and yeah about idea #3 im still recalling it as I go along it's been quite a while since I developed it but I'll try and develop it a bit more when I get back :) and I would also like to mention that initially there were bits of history that I deliberately meant to leave out for the mystery but if we were to go through with idea #3 we would develop a lot more of you wanted :)

Everything is lookin good so far just need to wait for Shnorkel's opinion :D

@Ram - Yeah we should, I think I'm gonna worry about that once we have a base idea for the story line. Not sure about Mereanas thoughts on this though.

Demonfyre
06-15-2012, 05:39 PM
^ Okay I look forward to reading it :) and yeah I'm gonna try to make Idea #2 less general however if we were to chose something like that it would be short so it does have that advantage, I'll see what I ca do to make it better :) I think that will need input from us all though because I'm not to sure how to make it more unique but I do like the idea of landing on a government site etc :L

And with idea #3 Im glad you like it however I want to find a way to make 'the machine' more symbolic of oppression if possible and yeah like Mereana says it would need a bit more fine tuning before its ready :)

I'll post again if I can find a way to make idea #2 more unique :) and will put those ideas into post 2 once I can get onto a computer :)

Shnorkel
06-15-2012, 05:45 PM
#2 seems quite general, it needs more fleshing out (and to be developed into a unique story, there are plenty of 'stranded on an island' stories)
#3 sounds really good, I really like the setting !
Mereana's idea sounds pretty cool too, although I don't really like shoujo (makes sense, I'm a guy afterall).

The story is inspired from the Norse mythology.

The story is set in an alternate reality in a time period resembling 2080 in the "Valorian States" (a fictional country, of course). Jett, cyber-organic superhuman but has no memory or knowledge of being one, is a seemingly ordinary high school student. One night which had a lunar eclipse occuring at it, on his way home, he is attacked by a mysterious boy with extraordinary powers who addresses him as "Fenris". Right before Jett is harmed, out of nowhere appears a girl from his class, Tyra, whom he has never spoken to. She protects Jett from the boy's attack, and a fight ensues between her and the boy. Before the boy retreats, he manages to grab onto Jett and punches right through his chest. From there, Jett suddenly goes out of control and unleashes massively destructive force against the boy and quickly after, faints.

This is just merely an idea for the opening part.

Jett is a cyborg labeled F.E.N.R.I.S. who was abducted and had his memory wiped by an anti-government organization. His abilities are sealed using an algorithm called 'Gleipnir'. He was disguised as an ordinary boy by the organization and sent to a foster family, given the name 'Jett'. He grew up thinking he had lost his family and memories in an earthquake that had occurred 11 years prior to the beginning of the story. He is part of a series of cyborgs created for the sake of recreating the world anew, bringing the Ragnarok. He is the first in the series, and using him two more were created, Hati and Skoll. The one who approached him on the lunar eclipse was Hati, when he assaulted him he managed to break the seal 'Gleipnir', and to unlock Jett's abilities, beginning the Ragnarok.

Tyra, the mysterious girl in his class, actually belongs to the organization who kidnapped him and wiped his memory. She was sent by the organization to keep an eye on him during his highschool years, and blew her cover because it was the only way she could have prevented the seal from breaking (and she of course failed doing so).

Optional: Tyra falls in love with Jett during the story, and goes rogue against her organization when they decide that destroying Jett is the only solution left in order to prevent the Ragnarok. (Here's your mushy shoujo bits too :) )

Here you go, I actually really love this idea and just so you guys know I came up with the names so easily because they're based on the Norse mythology: Fenris, Gleipnir, Hati, Skoll, Tyr… all are names from Norse mythology.
I suggest you guys read about it:
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/f/fenrir.html
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/tyr.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hati_Hr&#37;C3&#37;B3%C3%B0vitnisson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sk%C3%B6ll

p.s. I didn't really brainstorm much, I just had the main idea and knowledge of the myth and just went along with it while writing this. If you guys like the idea we can improve it together.

Well, what do you think?

Demonfyre
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
That's a good story :D I like the idea of impending doom and the nefarious plot to renew the Valorian States :P I also like the idea that we could build a love relationship between Tyra and Jett adding that bit of Shoujo :) and nice use of norse mytho :D it would also allow us to explore a range of ideas such as treatment of cyborgs as humans and such.

Can I ask; did you plan for Ragnarok to be initiated and destroy the country (I assume) or are they going to find a way to stop it which will be part of the story? Also is it possible that Jett and Tyra go rogue and demolish the program which initiated their construction and the plot to renew the Valorian states?

Trying to think of other things to ask about but not much else is coming so i'll post if anything else pops up :P

Shnorkel
06-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Well when I wrote Ragnarok I actually mean the end and rebirth of the entire world, not just the Valorian States. Btw I think they can be geographically placed in someplace original like Oceania :) And since it'll be 2080 there could be floating cities, underground cities- whatev.

Well, I didn't really think about whether they manage to stop the Ragnarok or have some epic ending like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

By the way I think I need to re-explain it: Jett and Tyra are from opposing factions, Jett belongs to the government pro-Ragnarok faction and Tyra belongs to the counter-Ragnarok faction. But they both go rogue at some point because they want to stay together.
Well, I have some more ideas for characters (like Hel, which just seems perfect to be some gloomy and depressed character) and other stuff but I need Mereana's opinion too.

If you have any more ideas then go ahead, and if you think we should change anything it's completely fine by me since this is just a brainstorm :)

Demonfyre
06-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Well when I wrote Ragnarok I actually mean the end and rebirth of the entire world, not just the Valorian States.

I thought that would be the case considering Ragnarok is the end of everything and the birth of something new and the idea of floating cities sounds awesome! It would also make the idea much more interesting. Also with the idea of floating cities we could make it that the city (whether floating or underground) are segregated from the over/under-world and the powers ruling them have become corrupt and st00f so maybe instead of a planetary rebirth the program is just to renew the city/state (Just an other suggestion)? Floating city idea reminds me of Bioshock: Infinity :P I think this idea would be one where the main characters 'winning' would actually work but it's up for debate, personally if we were to got trough with this idea I would like to see them stop Ragnarok, beat the system and be 'free' I guess xD

Oh right, does that mean that Tyra is essentially 'good' trying to stop the Ragnarok project? If that's the case surely he could fall in love with her, find out teh truth and help bring it down? Or am I misunderstanding again :L but I definitly like the idea of them both going rogue or at least Jett. Oh and Hel could be like some super computer cyborg thing which acts as like a bridge connecting all the cyborg units together (with exception to Jett) or we could find an other Norse mytho character of more importance to have such a role, just a suggestion :)

And yeah we will need Mereana's approval but that is why we're brainstorming to find an idea we all like xD

Shnorkel
06-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes, Tyra is essentially good. Though I think that in the story we can have Jett finding out that he was memory wiped by her and her organization (we need to make up a name for it), and he gets mad at her and switches sides for some time (until he realises he loves her or something and that if the Ragnarok happens then she'll die).

About the ending- yeah I think that it'll be cool to have a good ending. It's sort of rare these days!

Well, in the norse myth Hati and Skoll are Fenrir's children, and when they "catch" the moon (lunar eclipse at the beggining of the story) and the sun (which I suppose will happen somewhere along the story as a solar eclipse), Fenrir breaks free from the binding silk that held him captive (Gleipnir) . And since Fenrir is one of Loki's 3 children (that means we have more options for characters!), I guess there should be some scientist named Laurence O'kinsella (Dr. L.Oki haha) or something which is responsible for the creation of the cyborgs. We can have the supercomputer/whatever that created them named after Loki's mistress. The Norse myth is full of details and stuff we can use!

BUT, we should also not exaggerate with elements, afterall we're not making a movie Trilogy, we need to keep it relatively simple. Generally the idea of the story is Jett finding out about the conspiracy, going rogue, and then fighting for Tyra.

Demonfyre
06-15-2012, 08:30 PM
(Reworded my post with some new ideas)

The names for the organisation could be Farbauti and Laufey (or derivatives), which as you probably know is Loki's parents which is fitting because the man who created the cyborgs has his name based off of Loki.

Instead of switching sides we could also have him leaving her and being confused over who he is, his purpose and stuff like that which brings him to realize that he loves her and if Ragnarok goes ahead she will be killed and so will the city/state? I just think it would be unlikely for him to randomly change sides, you know a bit of an impulsive/rash decision from his point :/

Yeah a good ending would be good, where they actually beat them (and lives with the girl/cyborg of his dreams? :L)

I really like this idea of having the names based off of the gods and such from the Norse Mythos, works very well I feel :) also if we were to chose a floating city we could call it Asgard as it's a floating city and that's like their version of heaven? Also would there be any place where we could maybe fit the Valkyries as characters into it? Maybe like hunters from on the corporations tasked with finding Jett maybe?

Also what do you mean by exaggerating with elements? As in the names based off of the myths?

Shnorkel
06-15-2012, 08:53 PM
I just figured that if he finds out he's actually a cyborg and that his entire life until now was a lie he'd might go all "fuck everything" and join up with his 'real' family. But yeah it might be abit drastic switching sides if you say so.

Well, I'm not sure about having a city called Asgard. I was thinking about keeping the myth-names theme only with that certain secret government organization, and that everything else (like the country's name, and cities and school and everything else that isn't directly related to the Ragnarok) will have original names and won't be related to the myth.
I do think that Valkyries can be either a third faction, or they can be Tyra's organization's hunters/squad/whatever. Valkyries is an awesome idea man!

When I said exaggerating with elements I was talking about the idea of having a corrupted powers ruling the segregated city.

In the meantime I just doodled some cool designs for Hati and Skoll, just as ideas for how they'd look. :)

Demonfyre
06-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Not necessarily drastic that's just how I saw it, it's your idea so if you want Jett to switch sides by all means we can have him switching sides xD but yeah I guess if you did find out your something different you would be like that and your frame of mind would be far from rational :P

Thanks, the Valkyries are awesome so its natural to have them in somewhere I guess :P and never mind about the Asgard idea, forgot the place was called the Valorian States >.> my bad :L

And awesome, will you post them up? Also do you mind if I were to have a go at Tyra if I get any free time tomorrow (I may not, got a busy schedule tomorrow though)? And is there any set themes you had in mind for the designs, like steampunk or futuristic etc?

I'm going to add the new ideas to post 2 :P
Edit: Finished, check out the new wordings, I think they are all correct :)

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-16-2012, 01:59 AM
hi guys! sorry i wasn't around for shnorkel's brainstorming session :/
this norse mythology-based idea is really interesting. the story doesn't even exsist yet, but just by reading the brainstorming i want to read it!

you guys have been throwing around alot of ideas about why jett could go rouge, but a good, less cliche reason for him to go rouge instead of his overwhelming love for tyra would be if he changes sides in order to save his foster family. even if they erased his memories and hid him from his true purpose, they were his family, and having him go rouge for the sake of saving them would bring some really strong morals into the center of the story. when he tells tyra that he's going rouge (this is a specific set of events, like shnorkel's begining) she might be so overcome with happiness at the fact that he's helping them that she throws herself into his arms and he realisises that she is also one of the unconsious reasons he wanted to help the valkeryies (tyra's organisation) in the first place, instead of just maybe just going and destroying the people who created him and the other cyborgs for the ragnarok (which would probably be easier).

what do you think? yes, no, maybe?

Shnorkel
06-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Demonfyre- Well, although I dig steampunk I don't thing it belongs to that setting. Try to go a wee bit futuristic but remember they wearing normal casual clothes or some futuristic school uniforms (which I doubt we'll make since this isn't set in Japan, but still- if we can make it look good then it's cool :) ).
Like, I drew Skoll and Hati with simple somewhat casual badass outfits since they would usually want to blend in with the crowd. But I also think they could also wear some sort of futuristic armor / powersuits in some events in the story.
The Valkyries will definitely need some awesome combat armour and uniforms! (When I say Valkyries I mean the combat troops the organization has. Or do you want the actual organization to be named Valkyries?)
By all means go ahead and draw them. I think it's best that all of us draw all of the characters and just pick the best designs/fuse designs together.

Mereana- YES. Caring for his foster family even after he finds out everything because he still loves them is a good one!

So in the meantime we have:
Jett (needs a surname)
Tyra (^)
Hati (Male, somewhat represents a wolf and the moon- but looks like an ordinary human)
Skoll (Female, represents a wolf and the sun, same as Hati. They should look alike since they're 'sibilings')
Dr. Laurence O'kinsella - let's be original and have him look NOTHING like the Loki in Marvel! lol
(The designs for Hati & Skoll are just a suggestion by me, if you have other ideas they're welcome)

We also need to think of Jett's foster parents (mabye any sibilings? or mabye not, his foster parents can be infertile), his friends (we might even use the female bestfriend that's in love with the main character cliche), and mabye some members of The Valkyries / That organization. There's also lots of room for more androids / cyborgs from the Ragnarok / Farbauti / whatever faction since there are more of Loki's children in the mythos.

Demonfyre
06-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Don't want to get too absurd but I'm going to throw this in quickly, remember that Skoll and Hati are cyborgs yes? So maybe instead of them wearing powersuits (for lack of a better name) they could transform into them? Just a suggestion as they are robotic organisms after all xD

And with the name Valkyries I suppose they could be their black op military core and Would make sense with the name :) personally I'm not sure for the names of organisations other than the suggest to use Loki's parents as their names.

@Mereana - That's an amazing way to get him to switch side :D and definitely less cliched! So you would be happy with this idea? It's not too far in said direction for you?

Shnorkel
06-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Sounds like a nice idea Demon, transforming does sound cool :)

Well, here's the sketch I made of those two.
http://i45.tinypic.com/23r35t0.jpg
It's meh.. I just really like Hati's hair and coat and Skoll's hair, the rest looks lousy IMO. Also in this design Hati is an albino and Skoll is a somewhat tanned blond :3

Demonfyre
06-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Haha those designs look really good :D especially what i'm going to describe it as 'war paint' on their faces :P maybe we could have it that all the cyborg units have these unique designs on their faces? And if possible maybe make it somehow reflect the units personality in a way? Or is that to far fetched :L

Also back onto the transforming thing, we would also be able to base it off of their norse mytho as that seems to be the common theme with this idea :P like both would have similar looking wolf forms (maybe one black and the other white?), the transforming idea is still in early days but im sure it could work well :P have to wait to see what Mereana thinks as well though :)

With Hati and Skoll are we gonna have them as like twins or a pair? It just seems fitting in a way to have them similar and working together as a pair?

On my attempts at design i'll try to have a casual looking badass theme going, not sure if i'll be very good at it though (my imagination seems to have taken a hit recently :() but i'll give it a shot :) hopefully I will get a chance today and if not i'll make some time tomorrow :)

Adding stuff to teh post...

Shnorkel
06-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Umm it's more of a tattoo thing rather than war paint, and yeah it can be something uniform for the cyborg units, and not necessarily on their faces too.
IMO Hati and Skoll shouldn't be always working together as a pair. I mean, there can be times when they do but if they constantly work in a pair it makes them both shallow characters since they will be viewed as 'one entity'.
If you get a chance look at fashion designs like Joodito for inspiration- I think that's a great example for clothing designs fitting that period of time.

Also if you get the chance, read about Hel. I think having a bionic body waist down and half of her face bionic aswell would be cool. She could be a skinny gothic/depressed girl wearing all black. That's just how I imagine her as a character :)
Then there's Jormungand.. Damn, he's a freaking goldmine of design ideas.

Demonfyre
06-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Tattoo! That's the word I was looking for xD

Good point, let's keep them separate then :) also just to clarify whilst in designing Tyra is a cyborg too yes?

And yeah that does sound good for Hel especially if she were the super computer thing but I think we were reserving that for someone else were we not?

Just sketching about, not anything good yet much to my dismay :( where did you get inspiration from? Just Joodito? (which in looking at now). Argh and I just can't make any good hairstyles >.> what has happened to me lol

Shnorkel
06-16-2012, 11:43 AM
just GoogleImages around "anime hairstyle" "fashion design" "scifi armour design", stuff like that.
Ummm IMO Tyra could be just a regular human with a bionic arm (which ofcourse is disguised as a normal arm) since Tyr (the god in the mythos) got his arm bitten off by fenris when they chained him up. :)

Demonfyre
06-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Ok, I think it's a bit odd having a cyborg x human relationship :P but definitely interesting and would be very good as far as to say if such relationships can exist and whether or not society would accept such relationships (Idea adapted from Chobits). Also here is the sketch:

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/Demonfyre1/TyraSketch.jpg

As a character, I imagine her being very formal and military like as her job entails it I guess, that's why i've made her design look less wild and more military like and under control :) the tattoos on her face (extend from up her body up her neck and then end on her face) hopefully convey this and I added them in anyway just in case. Also considering she has a cybernetic arm she isn't she a form of cyborg in theory however not a full conversion like the other units? In which case the tattoos could still be used?

Finally I although you can't see it her hair in my mind was black and just an average white for skin colour I guess, also not sure about the arrow designs but they were fun to add in :P sorry that my sketch is bad, it's still an area im trying to work on to get my ideas down quickly :L

Shnorkel
06-16-2012, 01:18 PM
I like her design :p currently Im drawing her too and I'll upload it soon enough.
Well, he isnt an android, he was born a human and was simply grown in a lab and had augmentations implanted in himself. Using his DNA Hati and Sk÷ll were created. (Im just throwing ideas). It isnt that much of a taboo to have love between him and Tyra.
Keep it going, we're gettin there!

Demonfyre
06-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Definitely getting somewhere! Also are you redesigning Tyra or basing it on my attempt by the way?

Maybe not but it's still worth considering for the plot :P and Jett isn't a full blown cyborg either then? :L

Anatomy practice in manga style now, I look forward to your Tyra sketch and will check back here soon :)

Shnorkel
06-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Well Cyborg stands for "cybernetic organism", by definition it is a being with both biological and artificial (e.g. electronic, mechanical or robotic) parts.
An android is a robot or synthetic organism designed to look and act like a human, and with a body having a flesh-like resemblance. (Those are definitions from wikipedia :) )

As I was saying, IMO Fenrir, Hati and Sk&#246;ll should be cyborgs (genetically engineered and mechanicaly augmented) whilst other, less emotional and more destructive characters from the Ragnarok faction can be androids (like Jormungand).

Well actually I started drawing her before I saw your drawing and her design is quite different from yours. I'll upload it when I'm finished :)

Demonfyre
06-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Ah ok, now I understand what you mean :P and yeah I like that idea of having the Androids as more powerful units, does that also mean we could make it that that the cyborgs are like prototypes? For example we have Jett who was the first created* and then they created Skoll, Hati and Fenrir as prototypes to test their capabilities and then mass produce them as androids? Or have I completely misunderstood again :L

And ok :) I look forward to seeing your version, it's bound to be much better than mine xD also I was going to work on a summary (mainly for consolodation purposes and so we all are able to check where were at with this idea right now) of the work on this idea do far, would you mind helping me by proof reading and such if your online?

Shnorkel
06-16-2012, 04:49 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/1z4cnqp.jpg

I have to say that I like your coat thing, it looks really cool :3

Well yeah what you suppose is an option but I was thinking that Fenrir, Hati and Skoll have an important role in the Ragnarok although they are the first ones made. Creating cyborgs and creating androids are two completely different processes (as androids have no biological components in them) though.
BTW, I found a nice acronym for F.E.N.R.I.R.: Fully-Exoenergic Neohuman Robionic Idio-Soldier.

Yeah sure I'll help you proofread it, although I don't really understand what summary you're talking about.

Demonfyre
06-16-2012, 06:13 PM
That's one epic anagram :P And yeah I think it should remain that the cyborgs play an important part in Ragnarok, how about that only the cyborgs play a part in activating Ragnarok and the Androids are more like a military force for the corporations? (Or something along those lines)

And by summary I meant like a passage consisting of maybe a few paragraphs describing the story so far and different notable points we have discussed so far. I'll start work on it soon, just need to sit this mock theory test for my driving :/

Looks brilliant! :D only thing that annoys me is the incredibly thin ankles but the design looks really good :P out of interest is that a bar code on her left arm :L starting work on the summary thing now.

Oh oh oh! Idea :P This is a shot in the dark but how about we make it that the two associations are rival companies who are wanting to develop these androids as 'weapons' essential to sell off however Laurence O'kinsella the brains behind the project is I dunno crazy or something and wants to start anew the Valorian states from (whatever he wants to free it from) and secretly develops the cyborgs using the funding of the organisations to develop the Ragnarok project whilst under the guise that they are 'precursors' to the androids? So really the organisations are just greedy and the real threat is the creator who is secretly using the funds and manipulating the cyborgs/androids to destroy the state? let me know what you think, I just think that would be an interesting twist :L

Demonfyre
06-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Beginning:

Set in the Valorian States in the year 2080. Jett, a seemingly ordinary high school student is one night attacked by a mysterious boy with strange tattoos on his face when walking home. The boy is gifted with extraordinary powers that no regular human possesses. The mysterious boy refers to Jett as Fenris and becomes agitated at Jett when he he doesn't understand the mysterious boy. The mysterious boy attacks and right before Jett meets any harm a girl who Jett recognizes from his class jumps out and deflects the attack. The girl and the boy fight almost without any notice of Jett when suddenly the boy jumps at Jett and sinks a punch right into his chest. Jett goes into a frenzy, unable to control his own body and quickly blacks out after a couple of seconds allowing the mysterious boy to escape.

The Ragnarok Project:

The Ragnarok project is a series of cyborgs developed by Laurence O'kinsella a mysterious scientist who is using the funding of theunnamed organisation to manipulate the Cyborgs and develop weapons of mass destruction to be used by the cyborgs to 'cleanse' the Valorian States by way of total annihilation. The Ragnarok Project is also developing a series of androids at the request of the Organisation to be sold off as weapons however this is a facade for the real project involving the cyborgs. The androids however are also under the control of Laurence O'kinsella and serve as his personal bodyguards. The three cyborgs making up the Ragnarok project are F.E.N.R.I.S. (Jett), H.A.T.I. and S.K.O.L.L.

Androids and Cyborgs

Cyborg (cybernetic organism) is a being with both biological and artificial parts. The main Cyborgs are Jett (F.E.N.R.I.S.), H.A.T.I., S.K.O.L.L., and (the super computer thing which we still need to name). The cyborgs are built as the agents who have the power to release 'Ragnarok', a mass genocide weapon built to destroy the Valorian States so they can be rebuilt a new. Jett was the first of the series and was a prototype and the key to the Ragnarok weapon. However Jett was stolen from the organisation by and Anti-Governmental Organisation, had his current memories wiped and planted with new ones to make him feel like an ordinary human to prevent Ragnarok from being activated. Tyra a human with a cybernetic hand was sent to keep watch over Jett and to prevent the deactivation of 'Gleipnir' - an algorithm placed on Jett to prevent the activation of Ragnarok. Hati and Skoll are the siblings of Jett and when Jett is stolen are tasked with finding him and deactivating the Gleipnir placed on Jett allowing Ragnarok to be activated. (The super computer thing) can be considered as the 'lock' of Ragnarock and Jett the 'key' of Ragnarok.

An android is a synthetic organism designed to look and act like a human and with a body having a flesh-like resemblance. (Will add more when we have made up more)

---

This is what I have so far... adding more on: Tyra and the Valkyries, Transformations and Abilities*, The Super Computer Cyborg*, The Two Organisations

* Albeit we haven't got that far yet

If there is anything i've forgotten/missed or written incorrectly let me know and I shall fix it up :)

NOTE: I'm still working on it so check back every now and again in case I have updated it :)

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Also if you get the chance, read about Hel. I think having a bionic body waist down and half of her face bionic aswell would be cool. She could be a skinny gothic/depressed girl wearing all black. That's just how I imagine her as a character :)

DUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! i have the perfect design for the girl you just described!! i drew her about a year ago so the arts a bit iffy, but she has a single fully automated leg and the other is cyborg from the knee down.ther is a cap of metal on her stomach, she has an automated sholder and forearm, though thes components are on separate arms.+ a half bionic face. i'll try an post a decent picture momentairily :/

i read through the summary james posted above, and even though it's certainly a very interesting story, especially from an artist's point of view (don't know if i should really refer to us like that :s) it's quite complicated, and could possible bog the reader down trying to keep up with all the details. what with all the awesome acrynoms and stuff, readers might have a hard time keeping track of which organisation does what. maybe we should simplify it a bit? please tell me if i'm being idiotic :P

i'll do some designs for jett soon :)

Shnorkel
06-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Simplifying is what I was talking about earlier (not putting too much elements in the story). I mean, we already have a big government conspiracy thing, a secret organization, cyborgs and the end of the world, we should stick to that, and be cautious about adding more stuff.
The idea of having the Ragnarok project a secret, meaning that the Valkyrie's organization, Jett and Tyra don't know about the true intentions of the Ragnarok faction until a certain point in the story (which afterwards Tyra will report to the organization and then they will decide that killing Jett is the only way, and she'll go rogue). And about the true intentions of the Ragnarok government-wise, mabye having some inner circle of higher-ups and not just one doctor as the plotters?
I still think that the Ragnarok should be something world-wide and not just the Valorian States, but that's just my opinion.

Mereana, I think that we can make use of your design and mabye alter it abit so it fits the character. Sure, upload it :)
I'll proof-read the summary later, I don't have enough time right now :)

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-17-2012, 02:48 AM
cool. maybe dr. l.Oki (good play on words there :D) could report to some evil, sinister boss who we know nothing about until a final showdown between the boss and jett rerveals he's a cyborg too !? (gasp!) that could create a dramatic story ending. plus it would leave the option open of making the government officials omeone close to him/tyra who betrays them. eg. maybe jett's foster mum is the big high up government official?

as the word means world wide it would be cool if the initial raganrok project focused on destroying the valorian states as a tester, thatn if it suceeded they would go on to destroying the world?
in your ideas of going rouge, would we end up with a jett and tyra against the world sort of thing, or would we have one of them go rouge in order to join forces with the other for what's right?

kine
06-17-2012, 03:11 AM
When I read through the ideas at the start of the thread I thought that #3 seemed really cool. It sounded like something I'd like to read.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-17-2012, 03:20 AM
thanks for your input kine! we'll go back and reveiw/develop that one as a possible project^-^

shnork, james what do u think?

Shnorkel
06-17-2012, 05:12 AM
well of course right now we're only brainstorming idea #5, there're still the other ones that require development.

About having someone close to them an official.. That could be nice. It shouldn't be his foster parents because they were chosen by the Valkyrie faction, it makes no sense. BUT, it could be cool if someone like his teacher or one of his best friends actually belongs to the Ragnarok faction, and spies on him just like Tyra does.
Hey, what if the disaster that occured 11 years prior to the story was actually the 'Test Ragnarok' which was covered by the government to be an earthquake/tsunami/any other disaster? And after it was successful, Jett was kidnapped and had his memory wiped?
Plus, we need to determine the nature of the Ragnarok- what exactly happens in it?

When I say going rogue I mean trying to stop the Ragnarok yet also fighting for surviving the attacks from the Valkyrie faction. IMO we should make it a turning point in the story like:
Until the turning point, Jett works with the Valkyrie faction (god we really need a name for them), befriends some of them and works together with them. And then something happens, like Jett finds out that the Valkyrie faction are the ones who erased his memories and recovers them entirely, and the Valkyrie faction understands that becaue he recovered his memories there is no other option left but to destroy him. Then they become enemies, and a three-way war ensues between Jett&Tyra, The Ragnarok Faction and the Valkyrie Faction. Where Jett and Tyra are trying to stop the Ragnarok while keeping Jett alive, and the Valkyrie faction trying to kill Jett yet also fighting against the government. Something like that, help me develop this better.

BTW I think that we should start building the plotline since we have enough ideas, like the turning point (if you like it), the love story, the three-way war. Also we need to plan out the entire cast of characters.

Also I think it's too soon to write a summary since we are still brainstorming and we should make a summary only after we have everything settled and there won't be any major changes.

Demonfyre
06-17-2012, 07:35 PM
I look forward to the design of Hel and Jett, Mereana :) and yeah i'm sorry for over complicating things, I seem to be good at that :/ lets simplify it a bit :)

And about the true intentions of the Ragnarok government-wise, mabye having some inner circle of higher-ups and not just one doctor as the plotters?
I still think that the Ragnarok should be something world-wide and not just the Valorian States, but that's just my opinion.

I just liked the idea of having a professor as the crazy antagonist but ok :P I do like the idea of having other higher ups as well, it could also add more potentials like what they plan after Ragnarok is failed and the world is saved by Jett and Tyra.

final showdown between the boss and jett rerveals he's a cyborg too !? (gasp!) that could create a dramatic story ending. plus it would leave the option open of making the government officials omeone close to him/tyra who betrays them. eg. maybe jett's foster mum is the big high up government official?

Awesome idea :D maybe we could have it like... the proper threat was mortally wounded and had to become part machine to survive making him mentally unstable and blames the world for his injuries? I hope that's not too general :/ also I would like to point out that I find it unlikely that an organisation would want to destroy the world, I mean what would be the point in destroying the planet? It would end their lives too (unless they have a failsafe or a way to escape the apocalypse?), that is why I like the idea of having a couple of high up people but maybe not a whole organisation devoting themselves to the end of the world.

I also really like the idea of having the 11 years ago as the Ragnarok test run which resulted in Jett being stolen, reprogrammed and fostered :D and now the antagonists are starting up the real world ending project!

I like the idea of having someone close to him being a spy, and it has to be the teacher :P I also like the idea of a three way battle between Jett/Tyra v Organisation v Valkyries :)

@Shnorkel - I can think of hundreds of different disasters :P is there anything specific, like a nuclear armaggedon or a neurotoxin spread by the cyborgs? You specify and I shall invent (:<

And I think we should start the plotline and character profiles once we have gone back and reviewed the other ideas like #3 :) and sure i'll put off the summary for now, it was more for Mereana's benefit so she could up to date quickly :)

Shall we start reviewing Idea #3 now? We have gone into loads of details with this one so far :)

Shnorkel
06-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Sure go ahead, what were your ideas for the characters? What's gonna be the idea the story revolves around?

Demonfyre
06-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Need to do some mental digging til I rememer everything but I remember as much as there is a collection of about 3 main characters who are the inner core of the uprising and the main protagonists/antagonist. There is then 5 secondary characters who feature important parts but the focus isn't around them. Never named them as they would just be occasionally popping up as like an informant etc.

The two main protagonists are Audrey (F) and Tyo (M) and I never named the Protagonists-Turns-Antagonist. There is also a second antagonist sort of who's name is never found out and the man acts as an information gatherer for the Metropolis and relays orders to the unnamed antagonist from the Metropolis.

The story begins essentially them discussing plans about their lives in slavery which then leads onto the three main characters forming the initial uprising. Then they go off and recruit and try to sway the Dark Sector opinion without alarming the Metropolis who have armed guards and cameras set around the 'proximity area' (Like a massive fence/wall thing to keep them from escaping/entering the Metropolis) and conducting secret meets on how to break free. This part of the story will probably be slow moving and will involve secret meetings and such. There are also those that albeit are part of the Dark Sector but trade in information on uprising plots and stuff like that for extra 'amenities' to make their lives that little bit easier or promotions to higher ranks within the machine to escape the dangers (however it usually ends up with the rat being ripped apart and the Metropolis not caring).

The second half of the story revolves around the uprising barricading itself inside the Machine building and fending off attacks from the metropolis (there is also the section where they construct the barricades and primitive weaponry to defend themselves). This is also when the currently unnamed antagonist is found out be a rat as he made a deal with the Metropolis that if he can destroy the Uprising from the inside out from within the Machine walls he would be granted a restricted visa into the Metropolis. It also ends up him killing a majority of the secondary characters in secret, being exposed and in the end falling to his death trying to escape the building when he is finally found out. Initially I had intended for the uprising to fail which may prompt a second uprising later (as a separate project), however if you and Mereana want it to end on a high note then... we may need to reform it quite a bit :/

Extra: The plan of the Uprising is to starve the Metropolis of power from the Machine and so force them into a submission to give them 'rights'. It also needs to be mentioned that this idea was based by the uprising on the assumption that the Metropolis has no other back up energy sources (but as it is a futuristic city it unlikely so we could play about with that idea) and that the Metropolis need them alive to carry out the functions of the machines (so they won't just bomb the place and kill them all).

For the setting I had decided to leave it 'unknown' or hint towards different times and places so it was more mysterious but again that will also depend on whether or not the two of you are happy with this.

Need to know anything else just let me know and i'll post it up, I think I covered the majority of it though :)

Shnorkel
06-21-2012, 08:20 AM
I don't really have anything to offer content wise, I think this idea is great and we should make progress with designing characters and concept art.
Currently I'm starting a two-week long terrible studying session so I won't have time for drawing anything or participating in brainstorms. But when I'm done with it, I'm COMPLETELY FREE from ANYTHING! Meaning we can step it up with the project.

Demonfyre
06-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Awesome well I'll just continue to post up ideas and stuff on about this idea, also I'll invent the names and characters for convenience :)

@Mereana - Where are chuu? :'O

Shnorkel
06-21-2012, 08:33 AM
BTW don't be afraid to pitch in new ideas!

Demonfyre
06-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Ok, if any new ideas pop up I'll make sure to post them up :) what about yourself thought of anything new recently?

Shnorkel
06-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Not really, though I've been reading lately about SCP. There are some VERY cool things there which gave me inspiration! Check it out if you can.

Demonfyre
06-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Oh I'm quite acquainted with SCP especially 173 :L we could make a fan series about it? A bit like 'SCP: Containment Breach' but more storytelling less nightmares xD

There are so many we could explore, 173, 895, 106 the list is endless :D

'SCP: Protect and Contain'?

Demonfyre
06-22-2012, 07:59 PM
This is the character design of an unnamed character from the SCP influenced idea, she is holding 'The (Demon) Scythe' which is one I invented and i'll add its description along with 'The Amplifier' later :) not the best version of that hair i've done unfortunately :/

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/Demonfyre1/DemonScythe.jpg

Shnorkel
06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Okay here's a summary of all characters we have in mind so far:

* = characters that should be created

-Jett (also Fenrir). Main protagonist. Cyborg. Doesn't currently have any design.

-Jett's foster parents (*)
-Jett's school bestfriends (*)
-Tyra. (http://i45.tinypic.com/24zexqf.jpg) Main Heroine.

Valkyrie Faction:
-Viorell. (http://i45.tinypic.com/5dqqgo.png) One of the Valkyrie Special Aerial Infantry unit (http://i45.tinypic.com/whljc5.png), Tyra's best friend.
-Lloyd. (http://i45.tinypic.com/5dqqgo.png) Belongs to the Valkyrie faction, occupation undecided (could be engineer/repairman for the Valkyrie squad), Tyra's best friend.
-Leader, Higher ups and several members of the Valkyrie faction (*)

Ragnarok Faction:
-Dr. Laurence O'Kinsella. Antagonist. Head scientist that leads the Ragnarok project. Created Fenrir, along with several others.

-Jormungand (Needs a nickname/alternative name). Okinsella's second creation. A powerful android. Antagonist.
-Hel. (http://i49.tinypic.com/20kt20m.png) Okinsella's third creation. Antagonist/Antihero. She was terribly injured in an accident (lost both of her legs and had a head injury) and was taken in by Okinsella.

-Hel's servants (*)
-Hati. (http://i48.tinypic.com/2v1nuki.jpg) Created from Fenrir's DNA which was refined and engineered. Cyborg. Antagonist.
-Skoll. (http://i48.tinypic.com/2v1nuki.jpg) Created from Fenrir's DNA which was refined and engineered. Cyborg. Antagonist.

I was thinking we could add another character to Jett and Tyra and have a trio of some sort, but that's just me.

Demonfyre
06-22-2012, 10:44 PM
SCP Influenced Idea

Tiers

I (Stable) - Safe and containable.
II- Generally Safe but caution is advised.
III- Caution is advised, may be hazerdous if care is not taken.
IV - Object is dangerous and it's nature is not understood.
V (Unstable) - Object is extremely hazerdous and is capable of independant thought.

001 - The Origin/The Amplifier

One of four tier V objects and was the first in existence. It has the ability to amplify the abilities of any other object within a radius of 100 metres. The closer the object is brought to it the stronger the amplification. The object also has the ability to turn normal everday items into objects when they come into direct contact. The ability bestowed apon each item is unique much like a fingerprint is unique to each human. For the transformation to occur the item must be exposed for at minimum 2 hours. The longer they remain in contact the more unstable the object becomes and the more its conciousness develops. The longest an item has been exposed within knowledge was a scythe in Russia which was exposed for 12 days, it became known as The (Demon) Scythe. Any organic matter which touches or comes close to it die shortly after of accelerated radiation poisoning. It was discovered that it releases a special type of radiation not found on earth which was named Delta Radiation for convinience. It is believed this radiation is the reason it's so hazerdous to living tissue. As most of the objects it creates are capable of thought it is believed it also possess a consciousness however no such proof has been found yet.

002 - The (Demon) Scythe

The Demon Scythe was the first tier V object to have been created by The Origin/The Amplifier and is one of only four exisiting tier V objects. The scythe was exposed to the The Origin/The Amplifier for aproximately 12 days by Russian Scientists hoping to produce a dengerous weapon. When the object was recovered the base where the scythe was being held was destroyed and the work force had turned on one an other, there were no survivors. The scythe is classified tier V not because of it's destructive powers as a weapon but because of it's corruptive influence and madening conciousness. The scythe is pocession of an extremely erratic and unpredicatble cociousness whom will stray out of the realms of morality easily to achieve it's still unknown goal. Whenever a person comes into contact with the scythe the individual is extremely agressive and erratic for aproximately 2 hours, duration changes as length of exposure changes. People with weaker minds have been driven insane by as little as 5 minutes of contact with the scythe and it is unknown how such an effect occurs. Survivors of encounters with the scythe usually commit suicide after at maximum two years where a mental deterioration is seen as time progresses. Survivors never refer to the scythe as a scythe instead refer to it as demon, a hallowed being, an entity of madness despite their previous scientific knowledge and understanding of the object. It has also been revealed that the scythe is searching for a host which it can mentally break and switch conciousness with and so escape the scythe. However it was also hinted towards from discussions with a survivor that the scythe can form a symbiosis with only one human in the world and that the day he/she appears is drawing near. No time frame or gender was hinted towards. Studies now revolve around attempting to quell the conciousness inside and to work out who the possible host which the scythe can form a symbiosis with. The scythe also grants temporary heightened strength to those wielding it, it's believed that the symbiosis would form a permanent connection and will allow the scythe's true potential to be expressed with devastating consequences for humanity. The scythe is part of a larger design involving three sentient artefacts, the other two artefacts are currently unknown. Based on the scythes ability to turn even the most sane person insane it is believed that the other objects will have negative abilities as well.

003 - The Stone Fist

Probably something to do with Anger and Cruelty. Tier V, one of the three you get the idea :P

Storyline

Something involving the organisation and the three artifacts and The Origin/The Amplifier being stolen/hunted down to be used in a 'grand' scheme. What do you think so far? :)

Shnorkel
06-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Sounds great! I like it! :)

BTW I added Hel's sketch.

Demonfyre
06-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Awesome I'll chek Hel out, I'll invent the remaining artifacts and then some other normal oddities which can be used by the protagonists in their mission or something before I start thinking of a basic plot line, is there anything you want added etc so I can think about it?

As with Jorm and Jett I may be a while as I'm away for the weekend without access to a scanner :/

Also last thing I was thinking for the transformations that because Fenrir, Hati and Skoll are all going to be wolves we should make Fenrir grey and red in colour, Hati black an gold and Skoll white and silver, the tattoos and weird design on their transformed boy would be the colours gold/silver/red and the white/grey/black would be their base colour. Also the tattoos much like on their face will be unique to each an we could have Skoll With a sun design and Hati with a Moon design. What do you think? I'll probably come up with some bad sketches whilst I'm away.

Jorm could be the snake transform and Hel could be a dragon transform?Bas for tyra I don't think she should have one as she is not a spawn of Okinsella :L

Shnorkel
06-23-2012, 12:05 PM
It sounds like a cool idea having them transform but how does it make sense? They're just cyborgs/androids, how would they be able to transform? And what about Hel which is just a little girl with mechanic legs?

Demonfyre
06-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Dunno, I thought we were having them to transform?

Shnorkel
06-23-2012, 08:20 PM
I mean, I think the idea's cool (although cliche abit), but just how will it be possible for them to transform? Even if it's cool, it doesn't make sense. That's all.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-23-2012, 08:30 PM
@mereana: where are chuu? :' (
james!shnork! i have returned!! sorry i was gone for so long, but i'm back now, baby!! :P\

i'm liking all this conjecture. :D
for the tyra/jett/? trio,maybe the third unkown leader could be viorell, tyra's best friend?
also, for them to actually pose a serious threat the would have to have some sort of backing, militarily or otherwise. three people against to massive organisations isn't gonna work, so perhaps a few more rouge valkeryies could help them.
maybe they just expose the plans of Dr. L.oki's organisation and this creates a huge public uproar that garners them support and resources from unamed helpful individuals?

for idea 3# this story is really good for commenting on social politics, so it seems like a good idea to reinforce these morals as much as possible. having an underdog rise up from the machine and convinces his peers to fight is certainly inspirational, but it's unrealistic and unlikely. having lived in this enviorment for so long any rebellion from inside the machine would probably be hushed up and the 'troublemaker' would be silenced.
what if a kid from the metropolis noticed how grossly unfair this lifestyle was and decided to fight back? actually.....

DING DING!! new idea :3
we have a kid from the metropolis who thinks that this lifestyle is unfair on the people from the dark sector and a like minded kid who works in the machine. we could follow both their,at first, unsucessful attempts to change their reality but then the kid from the metropolis runs away and their stories collide to create a stronger uprising wth these to kids (who become firm friends) leading the uprising.
the people of the machine would realise that if a kid was brave enough to run away from home just to help him they wer brave enough and strong enough to change how the lived and gain the equality the deserved.

what do you think?

Demonfyre
06-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Current Order

1st Third

Raz: so 1st third is them trying to figure everything out, while being introduced to almost all of the characters

2nd Third

Raz: once they both go Rogue
Raz: The Valkyries try to kill Jett while getting Tyra back to their side (convincing her)
Raz and the Government try to kill Tyra while getting Jett back to their side
Raz: because Tyra is an obstacle in their path
Raz: so it's basically a race between the Valkyries and the government

Final Third

Final showdown with Okinsella and Hel etc. Hati/Skoll killed, other goes beserk and teams with Jorm. Hel is convinced to join Tyra and Jett. Hel kills Jorm but gets fatally damaged in the process. Tyra and Jett together eventually kill remaining twin. Something about Okinsella which hasn't been talked about yet.

---

@mereana - Welcome back :D i'll read through your post tomorrow, but I do suggest that if you can to come onto the GB as me and Raz have been meeting up there and talking about it and it would be good to have you present if its possible :D

@Mereana and Raz - I think with this idea we've hit a stage in its production where we can now decide whether or not this is the project we will focus out efforts on from now on, personally i'm more than happy with the development so far and it would be great to work on this with you both, let me know whether you both are wanting to work on this idea and make it the project.

Also maybe we could start thinking of names for this project? I was going to suggest ragnarok but it's allreadt been taken so maybe something to do with the Valkyries or Valorian etc

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-24-2012, 03:24 AM
i'm fine with this one. it's interesting :D

maybe we could call it (temporarily, till we come up with something better) Folkvanger? it's the norse underworld.
i made a design of hel. she is young, has cyborg legs and a half metal face, correct? also i designed her to seem slightly creepy, and i'm not sure of that fits with what shnork had in mind. i'll post her up in a minute.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/WhenRabbitsAttack/photo/collabs/hel-cyborg-legs-closeup/

her left leg is robotic to mid-thigh and her right leg is robotic to the socket. part of her right hip is also robotic.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/WhenRabbitsAttack/photo/collabs/hel-5/

sorry for the crap picture quality D: whole body shot.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/WhenRabbitsAttack/photo/collabs/hel-face-close-up/ (http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/WhenRabbitsAttack/photo/collabs/hel-face-close-up/)

facial close up. i tried to make her slightly creepy. is that what you were going for, shnork?

Shnorkel
06-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Yes yes yes. All of this is awesome.

I was thinking the story would be called just FENRIR, no?
I will write a plot summary of EVERYTHING we have at the moment, plus some stuff that I thought about. I'll do it later today though since I don't have time.
We still need to design several characters and add more side characters such as higher ups in the government, school best friends, foster parents and more people from the Valkyrie faction.

Do you guys want to color the manga pages or have them b&w?

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 10:12 AM
b&w I think, but we could have a coloured cover thing with the chapter and stuff on it? and Fenrir sounds good, how about we stylise it as F.E.N.R.I.R.?

I also like the idea of more rogue Valkyries, we could make it tyra's best friends Viorrel and Llyod and maybe and other one or two? They could also be the people we kill off? Also I think we should have an rogue inside Valkyrie that pretends to hold allegiance to them but is actually feeding info to tyra/jett?

@Mereana - Yeah that does make more sense that the initial idea for #3 :)

Shnorkel
06-24-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't think I understood everything you said James :S

Anyway I was thinking about names that represent colors for some of the Valkyries since I think it's a nice theme, so I'm just throwing them out there:
Chiaretto (Red Wine in Italian), Kinevart (Wine-colored Rose)
Mantis, Fern, Sprite, Jade, Clover, Shamrock (all represent green)
Aurelia (gold)
Hazel (reddish brown)
Aeronwen (Welsh name popularly translated aeron "berries" and gwen "white," yielding "white berries," but the first element is more likely to have come from the name of a Celtic goddess of war, Aeron, meaning "carnage, slaughter," hence "white slaughter.")

Those names can be easily be paired with color and personality so I think it gives us lots of ideas for side characters. I especially like Chiaretto, Sprite and Aeronwen and just hearing those names gets my imagination working.
I really don't wanna be bossy and those are just suggestions i'm throwing around, if you don't like them just say so and we'll shelf this.

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 11:02 AM
What didn't you understand?

Shnorkel
06-24-2012, 11:10 AM
I also like the idea of more rogue Valkyries, we could make it tyra's best friends Viorrel and Llyod and maybe and other one or two? They could also be the people we kill off?

And sure F.E.N.R.I.S. sounds cool (haha the actual acronym is with an S, standing for either 'system' or 'soldier')

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 11:12 AM
So... F.E.N.R.I.System?

And what I meant was that I liked Mereana's idea of having several more rogue valkyries helping out Jett and Tyra work out what Ragnarok is and how to stop it etc. And also suggesting that we could have a rogue valkyrie that remains with the Valkyries and acts as a mole and gives information to Jett and Tyra. Make more sense?

Shnorkel
06-24-2012, 11:44 AM
-F.E.N.R.I.S. = Fully Enhanced Neohuman Radiopasteurization Inducing System (better than my older suggestion, since it more accurately describes FENRIS's function, which is basically inducing the Ragnarok, which what it does is 'pasteurizing' the planet of normal humans, allowing the 'Neohumans' to be introduced into the destroyed world so it can be 'reborn')

-Hmm I don't know about their friends joining from the Valkyries, I figure it's possible but then it rules out the whole inner conflict Tyra has for having to choose between her friends+organization and Jett.
-About having a mole inside the Valkyries- it sounds quite good. Who will the mole be? (preferrably not anyone that's a close friend of Tyra.)

-BTW I thought about a name for the inner government circle: The Harbingers.

-What about side characters for the inner circle, that teacher who works for the governemnt, and Okinsella's assistants/colleagues?

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 11:57 AM
The Harbringers is a good name :) also in regards to more rogue Valkyries, Mereana dI'd raise an good point about the fact that Jett and Tyra are going against two massive factions it's unlikely that they wouldn't get caught/killed hence why we should make it something like the order too kill Jett was from the top people of the organisation and by this point Llyod and Viorell are also friends with Jett and so want to help and tyra work out what is going on and sneak them out or something?

Shnorkel
06-24-2012, 05:31 PM
What if Jett and Tyra do get caught and imprisoned, and then Viorell and Lloyd violate their orders and rescue them by sneaking them out before they're executed or something?
Still, I think there should be collective orders to all Valkyrie members about catching Jett and Tyra as highest-priority objective. It won't make sense that some members of the Valkyrie try to catch them while the others don't.

And IMO it does make sense that they manage to survive two organizations since they can be just on the run all the time, running away from the police/special forces and valkyrie informants.

Here is the summary of part I of the story!
notes:
* and [organization's name] need to be filled in!
* some parts are missing such as Jett's training days and his affliction-building moments with her (Tyra is a bit of a Tsundere, FYI). Additionally, comic reliefs and his bonding with some of the organization's members.
* I only included characters and scenes with characters that we are 100% sure about having.

[U]F.E.N.R.I.S. part I

The story begins with Jett, an ordinary highschool student living in [unnamed city], a floating city in the "Valorian States" in the year 2081 AD.
On his way home from his part-time work, a mysterious boy looking somewhat his age approaches him in the empty street, and addresses Jett as 'Fenris'. The boy attacks Jett with superhuman strength, and just as the beaten Jett is about to receive the powerful finishing blow, a girl jumps into the scene and deflects it.
She was a quiet yet very attractive girl from his class, named Tyra; she always made Jett wonder about her.
Tyra, wielding an odd spear, fought back at the boy who attacked Jett. After a short battle, the injured boy reaches out to Jett and punches right through his chest. Then Jett suddenly goes berserk and unleashes destructive powers at the boy, without being aware of what he is doing. Soon afterwards, the mysterious boy flees, and Jett faints, falling on the floor of the recently destroyed street.

Jett wakes up in the care of Tyra, with his seemingly fatal wound mostly healed. Tyra admits to him that he is in the center of a government conspiracy, and she was sent to his high-school by an underground anti-government organization known as [organization name], in order to supervise him. She also tells him that he is involved in this because he has 'superhuman traits' but doesn't elaborate on the topic.
Tyra insists that Jett, for his own safety, stay underground. She introduces him to her organization's members. Among them are Viorell, who belongs to the 'Valkyries', [organization name]'s top Special Forces unit, and Lloyd, the Valkyries' main mechanic and engineer. Jett soon befriends them.

Four days after his incident with the mysterious boy, on their way to [organization name]'s headquarters, they stumble across a girl who also addresses Jett as 'Fenris'. She introduces herself as 'Skoll', and also notes that she apologizes for her brother's, Hati's, incivility for not introducing himself when he first met Jett 4 days prior. She questions Jett about his memories and physical condition, and attempts to convince Jett to come with her without resistance but for no avail. A battle ensues between them and Skoll. The more the battle intensifies, Jett feels overwhelmed with adrenalin, and as Skoll is about to land a deadly blow on Tyra Jett instinctively uses an unfamiliar power to knock away Skoll and prevent her from hurting Tyra. Impressed, she then begins fighting more viciously and quickly defeats them both. As she is approaching the defeated Jett, she is attacked by the Valkyries and soon gets overpowered by the barrage of attacks, and retreats saying that next time they won't be so lucky.

. [ To be added, Jett finding out more about his powers and their nature, telling Tyra about his 'past' and the accident that caused memory loss 11 years prior. Also, some affinity building up between Jet and Tyra]

One night, Jett wakes up to find a girl who appears to be around 10 years old sitting on his desk chair. She appears like an ordinary girl, but has bionic prosthetic part of her head and legs. She introduces herself as 'Hel', and declares that she has no intention to harm him, and that she only wants to talk. She begins by explaining to him that he is more than an ordinary human, that he belongs to The Harbingers, that his existence and powers have a very specific purpose, and that he should return to 'father'. Once asked if she is the same as Hati and Skoll, she replies that she is ordered by The Harbingers the same way they are, but that she is "just a regular human, slightly tinkered with". She says that she worries for his safety, and warns him that sticking with Tyra and her organization is very dangerous for him. Afterwards, she climbs out the window and disappears into the night.

The morning after, Jett tells Tyra about his encounter, and she takes him to the [organization name]'s HQ in order to report it to the higher-ups. Once Jett describes his encounter while omitting Hel's warning about the organization, he is requested to stay in the headquarters and spend the night there for the meantime.

Unable to fall asleep, Jett goes to the moon pool (reminder: the story is in a floating city) and sits by the poolside to think about Hel's warning. To his surprise, Tyra comes out of the pool next to him, saying she was just doing some swimming and diving. She sits next to him and they talk. She tells Jett how she got into [organization's name] because she wanted to follow the steps of her now deceased father, and that she is happy now that she doesn't need to watch Jett from a distance without any interaction like she had to before. Jett tells her about Hel's warning, and that he doesn't want to believe it to be true. Tyra tells him that it is her duty to protect him and that she will never do anything to harm him. Just before the two kiss, Viorell walks in and interrupts them, when she asks them what are they doing awake so late.

The day after, as Jett spends his time breathing fresh air on the roof, Hati and Skoll appear and blast him off the roof down to one of the alleyways. Jett attempts to escape and the twins give chase. After a short while of being chased by them, Jett finds himself cornered. They order him to come with them, as he is cornered and outnumbered. Jett refuses, and attacks first using his powers. As they fight, Hati and Skoll begin telling him about his true past. They reveal to him that 11 years prior he was in the center of a covered-up experimental testing of 'The Ragnarok', and that he is living in a lie created by [organization's name]. They explain to him that they address him as 'Fenris' because that is his true name which is an acronym for for 'Fully Enhanced Neohuman Radiopasteurizing System', and that he was actually brought up in a lab while being heavily augmented with bionics. They reveal to him that after the successful testing of 'The Ragnarok', [organization's name] kidnapped him and wiped out his memory using an algorithm named 'Gleipnir', which restricts his powers, and ridding of the restrictions was Hati's purpose when Jett first met him.
Jett also realizes that he is adopted as he has no sibilings and no pictures of himself younger than 7 years old.
Feeling shocked and betrayed, Jett asks Hati and Skoll about their goals, and they answer saying that all they do is filling the orders given by 'The Harbingers', by capturing Jett. They continue explaining by telling him that he is the trigger to The Ragnarok, and that when he was an infant he was taken in and augmented by The Harbingers only for that sole purpose.
Then, the three of them are interrupted by the sound of Tyra's spear falling and clanking on the ground. Tyra was frozen in her spot upon hearing all of this, but the Valkyries that she came with began attacking Hati and Skoll and a battle ensues.
Jett ran away from the scene, still utterly devastated upon hearing the truth.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

You're welcome to change parts and add new ones!
Well what do you guys think?

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 06:06 PM
I think that it reads really well and explains the situation very well :) i'll need to read it a couple more times to see if I can find any holes etc but so far seems fine :D right do we want use this period of success to go on and continue working on part 2 of 3 or should we start constructing character profiles and emotion charts etc?

NOTE: I'll add that into the first page and update the first three posts now that the story is starting to take shape :D

Shnorkel
06-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Well I was thinking that before we make progress, we complete designing ALL of the character set. Just making character profiles for everyone, including some drawing designs of them.
Where's Mereana with that Jett design? lol

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Dunno, and yeah I agree with that plan of action :) i'll work on... tyra? Or do you want to work on tyra?

eltoroguaco
06-24-2012, 06:56 PM
hehehe... Fenris. Love it when people use names from Norse Mythology on stories, as shorts or initials for other companies, items, unions... etc.

Reading through it, I see you use more names from Norse Mythology. Sense we have some fans of old Scandinavian/Nordic believes here? :P

Shnorkel
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
haha actually the entire story is based on some of the Norse mythology that's all.
The 'father' or more precisely Dr. Laurence O'kinsella (Dr. L.Oki) represents the god Loki, who is the father of Fenrir, Jormungand and Hel. All three of them are Okinsella's creations (Fenrir being a lab raised cyborg, Jorm being an android and Hel being an augmented ordinary human). Plus, Hati and Skoll which in the mythos are Fenrir's children, are actually in the story created from Jett's DNA. The supercomputer that engineered all three of Okinsella's creations is called Angrboda, named after Loki's mistress.
In the mythos, the gods chained Fenrir in a magical silk rope called Gleipnir (in the story, it's the name of the algorithm), and the god of war Tyr (The story equivalent being Tyra) had his hand bitten off by Fenrir when Fenrir was chained up (same thing, Tyra lost her arm when Jett's memory was wiped). Tyr's weapon is a spear (so is Tyra's).
Hati and Skoll are two wolves that chase the chariots of the moon and sun (respectively) trying to eat them. It is said that when there's a lunar/solar eclipse, the moon/sun are in danger of being eaten. The story starts on a lunar eclipse night where Hati appears.
The valkyries are flying female warriors, same with the Valkyrie unit.
Hel, the youngest of Loki's children is described to be beautiful but with half of her face and her legs being dead and rotten like a corpse's. Hel in the story is a little girl who lost her legs and got injured in her head in an accident. They were replaced with bionics.

I'm sure there's more references to the Norse mythology in the story that I haven't mentioned :)

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Reading through it, I see you use more names from Norse Mythology. Sense we have some fans of old Scandinavian/Nordic believes here? :P

I'm a believer in ancient Egyptian religions, Norse mythology shall suffice for now xD

@Raz - Answer the question

eltoroguaco
06-24-2012, 07:47 PM
haha actually the entire story is based on some of the Norse mythology that's all.
The 'father' or more precisely Dr. Laurence O'kinsella (Dr. L.Oki) represents the god Loki, who is the father of Fenrir, Jormungand and Hel. All three of them are Okinsella's creations (Fenrir being a lab raised cyborg, Jorm being an android and Hel being an augmented ordinary human). Plus, Hati and Skoll which in the mythos are Fenrir's children, are actually in the story created from Jett's DNA. The supercomputer that engineered all three of Okinsella's creations is called Angrboda, named after Loki's mistress.
In the mythos, the gods chained Fenrir in a magical silk rope called Gleipnir (in the story, it's the name of the algorithm), and the god of war Tyr (The story equivalent being Tyra) had his hand bitten off by Fenrir when Fenrir was chained up (same thing, Tyra lost her arm when Jett's memory was wiped). Tyr's weapon is a spear (so is Tyra's).
Hati and Skoll are two wolves that chase the chariots of the moon and sun (respectively) trying to eat them. It is said that when there's a lunar/solar eclipse, the moon/sun are in danger of being eaten. The story starts on a lunar eclipse night where Hati appears.
The valkyries are flying female warriors, same with the Valkyrie unit.
Hel, the youngest of Loki's children is described to be beautiful but with half of her face and her legs being dead and rotten like a corpse's. Hel in the story is a little girl who lost her legs and got injured in her head in an accident. They were replaced with bionics.

I'm sure there's more references to the Norse mythology in the story that I haven't mentioned :)

A little correction there, Loke (or Loki in English) were a half god and half jotne ;) He's accepted among the gods, or "Ăser" as they're called in old norse, cause he's Odin's blood brother. Means they share blood after cutting their thumbs for then to let the blood combine.

I know more of this than you think ;) I'm a Norwegian dude that has been extremely interested in it for most of my life.

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
A little correction there, Loke (or Loki in English) were a half god and half jotne ;) He's accepted among the gods, or "&#198;ser" as they're called in old norse, cause he's Odin's blood brother. Means they share blood after cutting their thumbs for then to let the blood combine.

I know more of this than you think ;) I'm a Norwegian dude that has been extremely interested in it for most of my life.

:L it's good to know you like the idea :)

Shnorkel
06-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Ooh that's pretty neat Guaco :)
And no as a complete atheist I don't believe in anything I take those stuff as fictional folklore.
I actually had to learn for 10 years throughout my school years about the hebrew bible (old testament), so I have a wee bit of knowledge in hebrew mythology but nothing more.
I find mythology as a pretty good source of inspiration, there are some myths that are amazingly creative, especially in the greek mythology.

eltoroguaco
06-24-2012, 08:36 PM
no one really believe in the Norse, Greek and Egyptian mythology any more :P there's a really small amount of some that still kinda believes in it... but in a different way than they did back then. I'm an atheist as well ;) Agree mythology works as a great fantasy source. But some of the newer religions should not be put that way too directly, since some believers may rage. I just let people believe what they want.

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 08:53 PM
:cat_cryincorner:

eltoroguaco
06-24-2012, 09:00 PM
What's that cloud of neverending sadness for? o.o If I insulted you in any way, I'm sorry D:

Demonfyre
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
What's that cloud of neverending sadness for? o.o If I insulted you in any way, I'm sorry D:

Don't worry about it, something we were discussing on the GB xD

eltoroguaco
06-24-2012, 09:24 PM
ah ok. Good :P

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-25-2012, 03:41 AM
hi guys! i have thought up a badass name for the organisation that the valkyries work for. F.O.L.K.V.A.N.G.R ( another norse reference) i'm not sure eactly what it could mean yet, but it could be good. what do you think O-O?

the only thing i can say about the story summary is that the almost kiss scne between jett and tyra is a little cliche. having them talk stuff over would be good but a more realistic thing to do would be if they started talking, but one of them becamoes uncofortable with the subject and deserts, seeming slightly angry.(tyra would probably work better for this role) when they meet at the pool, jett figures out why tyra was angry and departs quickly, telling her to wait for him. when he reeturns he appologises and gives her a frejana,(see what i did there?) a certain breed of rose. they have a cute momoent of forgiveness and just when your about to get the feeling somethings gonna happen( jett pulls her face up with the tips of his fingers and says tyra, i...) viorell jumps in scaring the shit out of both of them and ruins the mood.
yes? no? maybe? got any changes?

Demonfyre
06-25-2012, 01:33 PM
What I had in mind for Jorm:

• Large Mechanical Legs (not like hel, massive legs)
• One arm would also be mechanical and would have his sword attachment.
• He wears a large trench coat which extends to his lower legs and has a black tattered hood which covers his whole face.
• Unsure about trousers at the moment.
• One flesh arm ofc.
• Unlike Hati, Skoll and Hel he would be titanic in size, I suggest 7-8 heads tall aprox.
• Prominant muscles but not so much that it looks ubsurd.

Feel free to change it as you see fit. I see Jorm as like a walking weapon built by Okinsella to protect the project or something among those lines. Hence why he would be so big and heavily armed. As for when we bring him in how about in around the second part and it's just after the Valkyries have ordered Jett to be killed and the Ragnarok faction sent Jorm to make up for Skoll and Hati's failure to hunt down and capture Jett by any means. Hence he is armed to the teeth singe can fend off Valkyries trying to kill Jett etc

@Mereana - Folkvanger is an interesting name are we not just keeping its the Valkyrie faction? That could be the name for the organisation the Ragnarok faction and Okinsella's work as well?

@Raz - Yeah mereana's right about the kiss but I also think it would be a bit too early for such a relationship to occur, what about moving it to some point either just before or during the period where they are being hunted by both factions?

Demonfyre
06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/Demonfyre1/JormNotablePoints.jpg

1 - Face all bandaged up and hooded with only a few stray hair clumps showing to hide his metallic face. His hood is badly sewn onto his large coat.

2 - Part of the circuitry etc for his arm.

3 - The circuitry and stuff for his legs.

4 - Large metal plated boots attacked to the circuitry to protect from damage.

5 - Syringe bit of the blade as requested :) I just made a random sword design because you never posted up the design Raz :L

6 - Bar code thing and 'Ragnarok' faction tattoo idea. I was thinking since he is a machine he would have some form of identification, why not a bar code? :L

7 - Just a metal plate to his 'heart' or 'inner circuitry' with the Ragnarok faction symbol idea on it.

A copy without all the graffiti etc can be found on my critique thread :)

Shnorkel
07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
That is quite badass there James :)

ANYWAY GUYS, I'M DONE WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIT AND I'M FREE TO START WORKING ON THIS AGAIN!
Mereana and James, do you guys have Skype / AIM?

Demonfyre
07-06-2012, 05:43 PM
:D Yaaay your free again :) and thanks! I'm glad you like the design :) also I'm open for Skype :D I'm not sure what AIM is but I can also look into getting it :)

I was talking to Mereana about a week or so ago and we could also use google accounts to go on cams or speak over heads phones etc :) Mereana knows more about it than I do though.

How did your exams go?

Edit: Sorry I haven't been on GB, watching all of Avatar :)

Shnorkel
07-07-2012, 06:29 AM
I'm gonna start watching all of avatar at some point in the next month haha.
My exams went pretty fucking good :)

AIM is good for chatting but if you guys want video/voice chats I think Skype would be the best choice. What's your skype?

Demonfyre
07-07-2012, 08:46 AM
OriginalDemofyre I think, I remember being mad about having demonfyre taken :L I'll check when I can getonto my computer and I'll look into AIM, for cams chat I would need to see if I can get my webcam working but I do have a working head set so aim would be good :)

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-08-2012, 03:29 AM
my broadband is crap, so unless i get free wifi at McDonalds or something i won't be able to join these. sorry guys :/

there is a chat fuction on gmail similar to what happens on groupboard, but with less conversations happening at once. i could talk to you guys through that, but it won't be as good as skype. again, i'm sorry :/

Shnorkel
07-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Well if you can use the GB then you can use AIM. It's much more comfortable than Google Chat. Try downloading it, it's not that much of a hassle.

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-09-2012, 06:37 PM
okay, i'll look at it :)

i'm downloading now :D

okay, i have AIM :D what's ur account, raz?

Demonfyre
07-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I have aim up and working as well :)

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-10-2012, 02:01 AM
what's your accounts guys?

Shnorkel
07-10-2012, 05:07 AM
rawr

Demonfyre
07-10-2012, 07:11 AM
---

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-10-2012, 07:01 PM
whenrabbitsattack21@gmail.com

ClockHand
07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
sending spam emails.

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-10-2012, 11:17 PM
stuff you.

ram
07-11-2012, 07:23 AM
What happened to this thread?
guys you should draw some character designs already, you could start with a manequin and start to dress him out.
or you could start collecting some references here for example:

*me pretending to be mereana*
OH! I just love ram so muuucccchh!! hey I just found a perfect hair for our character.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI7YMXNOA8WDmruKFvhL7mPyAlxn-a6qPoNSRBLBKI7Phh6k70wRhStjeLtA
Let's use this guys hair :3 or something like that.

Demonfyre
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
guys you should draw some character designs already, you could start with a manequin and start to dress him out.
or you could start collecting some references here for example:

OH! I just love ram so muuucccchh!! hey I just found a perfect hair for our character.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI7YMXNOA8WDmruKFvhL7mPyAlxn-a6qPoNSRBLBKI7Phh6k70wRhStjeLtA
Let's use this guys hair :3 or something like that.

We have quite a few character designs :) I just haven't put them onto the front page yet (I'll do that later today)

Also I never realised Mereana loved you that much :P

sending spam emails.

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/3-rage-face.png

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-11-2012, 08:51 PM
OH! I just love ram so muuucccchh!!

as was said before, leave me out of your loli fantasies :P i don't even look loli, ram

Demonfyre
07-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Loli's worry me :L

Shnorkel
07-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Random Valkyrie side character :כ
This time, Chiaretto!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2a7bn7t.png

WhenRabbitsAttack
07-12-2012, 09:34 PM
her nickname could be chia :D

why do loli's worry you,james?

Demonfyre
07-13-2012, 08:39 AM
D
Random Valkyrie side character :כ
This time, Chiaretto!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2a7bn7t.png

She looks great :D will you do a full body sketch later?

her nickname could be chia :D

why do loli's worry you,james?

The idea of having prebuscent girls and boys usually in sexually suggestive poses and situations worries me mainly because I would have considered it the beginner stages pedophilia and personally I think it is wrong on several levels :O but that is purely my opinion.

---

Also tomorrow I'm going to be away for about a week, I don't know the specific dates but it should be around a week. Sorry about this :/

Shnorkel
07-13-2012, 05:21 PM
@James: drawing full body isn't really necessary because they change their clothes everyday, so the only ones we'd draw full-bodies of will be the main characters who have one consistent outfit, like Jormungand, Hati&Skoll, Hel, O'kinsella and such.

Also guys, get drawing the chars! :)
In the meantime I'm just drawing random Valkyrie girls, and we'll eventually just pick the ones you guys like the most.

Whoopie here's Aeronwen! :3
http://i48.tinypic.com/2h5nyaq.png

Demonfyre
07-13-2012, 06:29 PM
That's going to be hard when I'm gone for the week and also that i'm terrible with colouring :/

Shnorkel
07-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Well you don't have to color anything, even sketching stuff is good. And BTW, get on AIM from time to time will ya ? :3

Demonfyre
07-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Well you don't have to color anything, even sketching stuff is good. And BTW, get on AIM from time to time will ya ? :3

I'm at some camp thing, there will be no computers :/ if I'm lucky I may be able to use my phone to post occasionally on MT