PDA

View Full Version : Things you'd like to do before 21/30/40

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 04:47 AM
What are some things you'd like to accomplish/do before your next big milestone?

I'd like to get a degree.
If you want a chance to have a good life, a degree really helps you towards that goal.

Become a part of the Big Brother,Big Sister organization((is that what it's called?))
There are kids out there who need guidance, and well, maybe there are better people for this, but maybe I'd be able to help one of those children become a good person.

I'd like to have a book published.

The reason for this is less flowery then the last ones, I just want to be able to say, hey, I wrote a book, and it was published.

I'd like to sell a piece of art I made to a museum.

The world can be pretty ugly sometimes, lot of bad things, it'd been to be able to think back to the old days when I'm old and grey, and be able to think "Well, I added a bit of good to the world."

I'd like to record a cd and go on tour.

Again, I just want to be able to say I did it, also, It'd be nice to be able to hold something up and say, yeah it may not be the greatest thing recorded, but I did it, I spent time writing the lyrics, composing the music, did some editing and stuff, yeah, this is mine.

I'd like to take part in the production of a movie.

I don't know, just seems like fun, hell, even if I were just the guy grabbing coffee for the cast and crew, it'd be okay, be an experience.

I'd like to see more of the world.

I've lived in a small desert town for like 17 years, man, sure, I'd get out and see other cities for a bit with the fam, but.... man, I want to see lochs and fields of Scotland. the Landscapes of New Zealand, the castles of England, expand my horizons, all in a quest to become a better, well rounded person.

I'd like to fight in a professional Boxing Match.

These guys train for months, just for a fight that may only last a minute and a half, the dedication and preserverance these people show, it's amazing. When they've trained so hard, and fight to the best of their ability, and win.... the feeling they must feel.... all those people applauding, the glory.... I'd like to feel that just once.

I'll add more stuff as I think of them.

Matt
06-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Next is twenty-one, three years away. I want to:
-Get a book published
-Get said published book successful
-Get my Associate's Degree in animation and simulation
-Finish the game I've been working on for awhile now

Before thirty:
-Quit day job, become a full-time fiction writer
-Actually be able to live off said full-time writing

And I have no idea where I want to go from there. I'd be happy if I could write stories for a living.

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 09:10 AM
next is 21, 9 months away. But getting a baby is sure not one of the things I want xD Got no girl anyway.

Things I'd like to do before 21 is:
-winning a lottery.
-Go to Comic Con - San Diego
-Getting a huge accomplishment on my arts.
-Getting a good and well paid job.
-Getting a girlfriend local that I'll keep forever instead of losing in less than a year.
-Getting laid.

Demonfyre
06-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Qualify as a Doctor.
Build up my art skills.
Publish a graphic novel.
Release an album with my band.

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Milestone, not milestones, but it's all good.

tagYURIT
06-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Get the sword
kill the dragon
Take the prom queen home =)

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 01:57 PM
You will fuck the dragon by slicing its fucking cockles with a long and shiny blade?

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Lol, +50 points to Elto for the excellent POD ref.

Evil_Cake
06-10-2012, 03:04 PM
wat a depressing thread, to try and sum up dreams of a life in 1 post

tagYURIT
06-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Nah . .I'll take the chick. .slap the dragon twice. . .and cut his balls. .so there will be nothing left for you.

Bacon_Barbarian
06-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Before 21: Finish my one shot.
Before 30: Get my law degree.
Before 40: Make $1,000,000.

Outcast
06-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Learn and retain as much information as I possible can.
Possibly have a career in biological sciences possibly microbiology.

Demonfyre
06-10-2012, 04:50 PM
You will fuck the dragon by slicing its fucking cockles with a long and shiny blade?

Rize of teh Fennix!

Possibly have a career in biological sciences possibly microbiology.

Yaaay for Microbiology :D

Shnorkel
06-10-2012, 05:17 PM
-Getting laid.

-Getting laid.

-Getting laid.

-Getting laid.

-Getting laid.
:cat_thumbsup:

Psy
06-10-2012, 06:40 PM
List thread.
If I remember correctly all list threads go to CB. So to remedy this there are two options: 1) Start some kind of discussion by having everyone explain why such things are important to them and such 2) I can move this thread to the CB. Really to make it a good discussion there needs to be questions asked.

Why are these three ages the only important ones?
Why do these things even matter really?
If you don't achieve them by these times does that mean you are a loser?
What is your ultimate goal for your life that doesn't really need a set date?

Bacon_Barbarian
06-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I thought all list threads didn't go in the CB...

Hayashida
06-10-2012, 07:36 PM
No, like Psy said, list threads do not belong in the GD

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Sorry Psy, that was my bad.

Okay people why are the things in your list important? Why do you feel you need to accomplish them?

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 09:58 PM
The goals and why:

-winning a lottery:
I need some cash.

-Go to Comic Con - San Diego:
It's one of my greatest dreams.

-Getting a huge accomplishment on my arts:
Would be nice to be professional one day.

-Getting a good and well paid job:
Again... NEED MONEY! As well as something to do besides sitting in front of my computer all day.

-Getting a girlfriend local that I'll keep forever instead of losing in less than a year:
Does this need explanation? I'm lonely and want someone to spend my life with. Nothing wrong with that?

-Getting laid:
guess 3 times why.

Inksprout
06-10-2012, 10:55 PM
How is winning the lottery a goal? Its not really something you can work towards.

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 11:34 PM
yeah "Goal" wasn't really the right word :P But couldn't find any other words at that moment so just did it quick xD

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 11:40 PM
It would be nice to win the lottery with a few million in the bank you could live on the interest.

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Exactly my thought ;) though i would prolly try and get a job anyway... you know.. to have something to spend my time on XP

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Of course, it'd be too boring just sitting around the house lounging in a kiddie pool full of hundereds, talking to people on the net and shit.

Yes, I would lounge in a kiddie pool full of hundereds, I'd splash around in it, throw the money in the air, and wash behind my ears with a benjamin, ha ha ha ha ha.

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Kiddie pool? Not enough. I'd get a vault like Uncle Scrooge and dive in the money!

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 11:51 PM
You'd need a few billion in the bank, then, ha ha ha.

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 11:52 PM
or just withdraw millions of $1 bills and put them in an empty vault or basement :P

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Lol, have you seen the Family Guy parody of Peter diving into a 'pool' of gold coins? fun shit right there, ha ha ha....

Enough with this, we need to get back on topic.

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 02:41 AM
I think surviving is enough goal for me.

GunZet
06-11-2012, 02:59 AM
Yea, trying to stay alive and able to support myself so that I can hit those milestones is at the top of my list. I mean, cause living is pretty cool when it goes alright.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 03:02 AM
You make a good argument.

Demonfyre
06-11-2012, 06:06 AM
However having millions of monehs does make life a lot easier :P

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I don't care so much about the loot as long as I have enough to live comfortably I'm good.

Since I'm 39 though...

...I REALLY need to knock some chick with a big brain & good genes up before December.

Psy
06-11-2012, 12:30 PM
There are things in my life that I want or want to get accomplished that may never happen and I'm ok with that. Setting a goal is fine and all but there is so much pressure that if you don't achieve it you are some kind of disappointment to yourself and possibly others. As long as these are goals that YOU want then it's fine to because then you are responsible for it all but I hate having other people try to set my goals.
Overall tho setting these goals by certain ages sounds like you are competing with other people to prove who is better and to look down on others because they aren't as successful as you. I am not saying its allways that but it seems like it a lot of the time. I want to beat out other people but that's to show that I am worth just as much not more than them.

I want to be healthy. I'm not right now and I'm taking steps to achieve this by changing my diet and excercising regularly.
I want to live a long life. I can't totally control this because who really knows what's going to happen? But I can influence it by being healthy and making smart decisions to keep me out of harms way.
Own my own home. I would love to have a huge house that I can have done exactly how I want but I don't need it. I just want a place to call my home and be able to just say its mine and nobody else's (unless it's my husband).
I want to be financially stable. I don't need millions of dollars (but again it'd be nice). I want to have enough money on hand for what ever comes my way like bills grocery household and all that plus a savings to get me thru any hard times or unexpected exspenses I may incur. I'm working on just getting $1000 in my bank for now and having some peace of mind knowing I have it (I am nowhere near that goal tho honestly).
I want to have kids. I will adopt or pay for a surrogate if I have to! I don't need a man in my life and will be a single mother if I have to!
I want to live a happy life. If I can achieve all of these goals then I will be happy and know I did something I wanted with my life.

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 12:52 PM
I could break it down into minute details, but for the most part, I'm actually happy with & have accomplished the things I'd like to do...except for having a kid. I mean, I already live comfortably within my means, I have a published 3 albums (one won an award), I've mastered 2 forms of martial arts & working towards a 3rd, been abroad to Europe, Africa & the Caribbean, just published a comic & working on a second, found true love (& lost it heh heh heh).

Nah, I'm good except for having a son or daughter. Maybe going to Japan & China too.

AlmanacnamedTime
06-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Beat the big white guy with brown hair(Grim) shown at 2:25-2:26 ata stickfight/swordfight, I would then have completed my life's goal.

http://vimeo.com/3263831

Also get a Bachelors in Japanese and Business. Languages are fun.

Outcast
06-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Psy's goals are pretty much the exact same ones I have, though it's not like they're really far out there or anything.
Anyway for the microbiology thing it's all about how I do enjoy biology and microbiology seems interesting and who know I may learn something that makes my life worth something.
And for the learning as much as I can thing, well I love to learn new things and if I could I'd learn all there is to know.

Demonfyre
06-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Microbiology is an excellent field to be getting into at the moment if your wanting to work in industry (except the food industry it seems) :) personally though i'm doing it to get into medicine

JJJorgie
06-11-2012, 08:55 PM
I mostly agree with Psy.

College is still a couple years off, but I think I want to major in English and Japanese, and hopefully teach English in Japan. I'd love to publish a book, but if I don't it's not the end of the world. When I get older, I want to visit New Zealand and the Virgin Islands.

Bacon_Barbarian
06-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Living is fun, but living the good life is better.

I'm not all too concerned with my health, I was earlier, but I'm more healthy than I was.
I want kids, or at least to raise them, because kids are great and I'm pretty good with them. I would prefer having a partner doing so because speaking as a divorced kid, it's not right to have only one parent around.
I am not concerned with living a long as long as I don't have kids. Live hard die young. If I do have them though, I'd feel obligated to stick around. (Duh.)
I want to make a difference somehow, so I plan on doing some work in the Peace Corps or some similar organization.
Because of that, I want to learn Mandarin in College. I'd much rather prefer taking Japanese, but ... They don't seem to need a lot of aid. Plus, I don't plan on doing that sort of thing forever, and Mandarin is a good language for business and such.
I want to get a law degree because it's one of my major interests, and it seems more employable than art. Not by much though. Another option would be an education degree, because as I said, I'm good with kids. Also if I did that I'd have time to draw a lot in the summer and I would have more time to work towards changing careers if I wanted to.

ClockHand
06-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Living is fun, but living the good life is better.

I bet you only know the good life.

Bacon_Barbarian
06-13-2012, 01:54 PM
There are definitely those who have both way more and way less than I do.

EDIT: That is to say that I'm American middle class.

Sunny
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Well, here's to 30 in two years....

I'd like to have a house. I'd really like to be more financially stable. And I'd really like to have started working in my field, or at least have done more traveling.

ScarletHue
06-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Hmm, things to do by 21..
I'd like to think I'll be getting my Philosophy and Psychology degree that year.
I'd like to be enjoying some success -even if only a little- with selling art work.
I'd like to have enough money saved up to go travel once university is over.