PDA

View Full Version : WHo in Mt would you rather meet at the boxing ring

ram
06-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Got a better topic than you liebe XD

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-10-2012, 03:44 AM
ummm..... all of you are older than me and likley have more physical power too, so someone weak and with no technique :/

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Would we just fight? I mean, would we have time to get prepared, to train? Would we fight in a ring, or on the street? Would we be fighting in accordance with real Boxing rules? How big of Gloves would we be fighting with, would they be pro, or amateur gloves with extra padding, would we be wearing head guards? Would there be actual judges? Who would ref the fight, we wouldn't want some biased fool reffing the fights.

How many rounds would we fight, how long would the rounds be? Is the 3 kd rule in effect?

ram
06-10-2012, 03:50 AM
I'll be the judge! if you try to do any attack on me you lose! that's the main rule!

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Seriously, who'd be the judges?

What's the purse?

Hayashida
06-10-2012, 04:25 AM
i should warn u guys i know kendo

Delphinus
06-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Kodos, Jubeh, and John would be the only judges.

If that thought scares you as much as it scares me...

EDIT: I would totally box sylux

CypressDahlia
06-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Anyone who isn't black. naw jk.

GunZet
06-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Kayyyyyyy Out!

CypressDahlia
06-10-2012, 05:38 AM
damnnnnnn right

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I'd rather meet myself... Only one I do not mind hurting and that I know I can beat.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I would box you all so hard.

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 12:13 PM
I can't think of anyone I wish to beat down in a Boxing Match.

indescribable
06-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd probably pick Kasey, just for the fun of it. Even though she'd probably flatten me so hard.

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Doesn't she box and do MMA? I think she'd beat anyone here.

tagYURIT
06-10-2012, 01:16 PM
MAybe bradley should join. you know. .I think we need a royal rumble anyways ==)

Bacon_Barbarian
06-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I would box Mayma. Because I might actually win. :P

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I think I'd fight Kasey, I'd learn alot from that fight. I'd take a beating for sure, but eh.

GunZet
06-10-2012, 02:07 PM
You 'want' a beating from Kasey. We know how it goes ;D

Byakuran
06-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I'd pick all the cool chicks, it means i can gro- i mean fight them ;D

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Eh, it's because if I were to lose, I'd want to be to someone who wouldn't run around waiting for me to get tired, be good to fight someone who'd actually fight me.

Matt
06-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Your avatar betrays your true intentions, Liebe.

Mr_Liebe
06-10-2012, 09:13 PM
It's a nice thought, but it's a bit like a frog trying to fly, it's just not meant to happen.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-11-2012, 01:50 AM
I would box Mayma. Because I might actually win. :P

i'm taller than you, can kick you in the head an dhave a good enough defense to hold off my older brother (16) for three rounds. don't insult me.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 01:51 AM
There's no kicking in Boxing!!! nyuck nyuck nyuck. paraphrasing.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-11-2012, 01:53 AM
there is in thai kickboxing( hue hue hue) :P which i'm bugging my mum to get me lessons for.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 01:58 AM
well this is boxing, so punches only, yo.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-11-2012, 02:04 AM
bet i could still beat him if i hel him off long enough to get in some good shots

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 02:16 AM
I have an okay straight, with proper training, I could take out anyone here.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-11-2012, 02:19 AM
probably :/ BTW why does your avatar look like he's crying blood?

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Oh, it's clan markings, or something, I think.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-11-2012, 02:25 AM
oh, ok ^-^

i'm gonna ditch you guys now, there's an adventure time marathon on tv 8D

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 02:31 AM
What time is it?

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 02:39 AM
I would pick the strongest... so I would have to fight against myself.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Lol, good sense of humor.

Bacon_Barbarian
06-11-2012, 02:49 AM
i'm taller than you
You're a 12 year old girl who's 5'9''? What. Anyway, since you said you would kick me, I'd sweep your legs then sit on you. Thats what I do with my friend when we're messing around.

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 02:49 AM
I don't know of anyone on MT who is really into fights except for me. I know some people do Kenpo or Tae Kwon Do, but I have never saw them fight, but I do know how I fight and how good can I be. Also, I got patronization requests for Muay Thai matches and Todo Vale, so I guess I'm in a good level.

Oh, I would probably fight Black Shaggie, but he is probably very "traditionalist" kinda of fighter, you know, the ones who respect their masters and the teachen's. And I'm kinda of an asshole who cheats a lot (there is no shame in exploiting peoples weakness in a fight, they must be ready for someone to exploit their weakness in the first place).

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 02:53 AM
but this is boxing

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 02:57 AM
I have also made Box. I can fight: Box, Full Contact, Todo Vale, Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai and now learning Renaissance Sword Fencing (and I'm already making some pretty good duels).

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Damn it, I wish this town had a boxing gym.... cause I feel like sparring, ha ha ha.

ram
06-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Wow nice life you got there clock

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 03:10 AM
Soon I'm going to have my Final on fencing, and after that I must have to pick between German, Italian and Spanish (Real Destreza) schools to keep on the advanced classes. I don't know which one to pick. Any help?

German fencing is cool, is very blunt and straight forward, they are basically the manliest of the manliest, a very war kind of combat. Italian are assholes who more than winning they try to humiliate their opponents (more focused on dueling). And Spanish is more centered in dueling and surviving a duel, its very mathematical (kinda like Capo Ferro) and its very intellectual. I like all those things.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 03:12 AM
Have you considered trying out a hybrid style?

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 03:15 AM
I could, but first I need to learn one, so I must pick one of those.

But some of those can't be mixed, by example, German can't be mixed with Spanish, as in Real Destreza (Spanish) you use a Florete and in German you use a long sword (or two handed sword), and in Italian you can use a long sword or two handed sword, but if you go to Capo Ferro you end using a rapier. So is basically: Spanish<>Italian<>German. And I need to pick one to start with.

GunZet
06-11-2012, 03:16 AM
I don't know of anyone on MT who is really into fights except for me. I know some people do Kenpo or Tae Kwon Do, but I have never saw them fight, but I do know how I fight and how good can I be. Also, I got patronization requests for Muay Thai matches and Todo Vale, so I guess I'm in a good level.

Oh, I would probably fight Black Shaggie, but he is probably very "traditionalist" kinda of fighter, you know, the ones who respect their masters and the teachen's. And I'm kinda of an asshole who cheats a lot (there is no shame in exploiting peoples weakness in a fight, they must be ready for someone to exploit their weakness in the first place).

Allow me to demonstrate the skill of Shaolin. The special technique of Shadowboxing.

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 03:21 AM
so advice for fencing school?

jubeh
06-11-2012, 03:24 AM
If we fought it would be a battle of who could cheat the best because I would fill my pockets with sand and hide a large number of small pistols on my person

GunZet
06-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Were you just using the Wu-Tang sword style against me? I've learned so many styles. Forgive me.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm feeling inspired to start training.-does 1 armed push-ups to the rocky theme-

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
@ Everybody (Except Haishida):

I would own you all.

if you fight with honor, courage & puropse you shall always prevail. If you enter into battle for selfish means you're destined to be defeated by your own shortcomings.

Plus I used to box BFORE the 6 yrs of Wah Lum & 6 yrs of Bung Bo & the gong 9 years of Ma Family Wu Style Taiji Chuan.

Besides...experience is ultimately the deciding factor in most fights.

AlmanacnamedTime
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I would fight any one of you. With the confidence that I could beat down most of you.

@clock if those are your only choices, do german.

Regantor
06-11-2012, 11:40 AM

I'd keep in mind that the actual art of fencing, as in -the original renaissance method of combat using a rapier-, has actually been completely lost. All modern techniques are indeed based purely within the realm of sport, utilizing weapons that are far lighter and more fragile than the true weapons of the time. What this means is, don't be so sure that the techniques would be so useful with an enemy that would not necessarily follow the rules...

If you already know this, then fair enough, but you're bound to get a prideful instructor or two who'd deny it.

Reg is so out of shape he probably couldn't win a fist fight for crap, but the bookishness is there. A pretty good shot with a rifle, too, including heart rate control and whatnot (My best is 3/4 bullseyes at 60ft with a 6" target, using a bolt-action).

In case of a zombie crisis I'd probably be fine if I had a decent pea shooter, anyway. :I

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
When I land that right, experience will go out the window, bwa ha ha ha ha.

GunZet
06-11-2012, 11:59 AM
@ Everybody (Except Haishida):

I would own you all.

if you fight with honor, courage & puropse you shall always prevail. If you enter into battle for selfish means you're destined to be defeated by your own shortcomings.

Plus I used to box BFORE the 6 yrs of Wah Lum & 6 yrs of Bung Bo & the gong 9 years of Ma Family Wu Style Taiji Chuan.

Besides...experience is ultimately the deciding factor in most fights.

Toad style is immensely strong and immune to nearly any weapon. When it's properly used it's almost invincible.

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 12:00 PM
You mean IF you land that right...(smirk)

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 12:01 PM
No, when.

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Riiight. Anybody see that horrible judgement on the Paqiao v Taylor fight Saturday night?

Bacon_Barbarian
06-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Go with Italian style, Clock. And then side step into Spanish.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 12:04 PM
The judges probably saw things different than how the Pac Sackers saw it.

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I counted a split decision: Pacqiao winning at least 10 round to Taylor winning only 2. I mean, it was a close bout but Manny dominated that fight. The judges were blind. Even Taylor said that he had to watch the fight & SEE if he actually won.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
You do know he fought Timothy Bradley, right? Perhaps you were so enamored with Pac's punching power that you didn't see the effort put up by Bradley, hell, you didn't even get his name right.

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Ha. Yes...yes I was. I dunno why I kept calling dude Taylor. Well Bradley's actually a good fighter but that guy's noggin is massive.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Hm.... who you like for Chavez Jr vs Lee?

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Good question. The champ is a great fighter & I don't know much about Lee so I can't really say. Isn't he a southpaw? That may be a problem if he's fast.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Dude has a great right left hook, I think if he sets it up right, this fight could be interesting. I mean, like his father, Jr. takes a punch good, has good power, good speed, and Roach and co has been raising him nice and good, so he's not going to be taken out easy, but if Lee fights hard, pressures and keeps Jr. off balance with his south paw tactics, and land some of the right left hooks Lee may become the next WBC Middleweight Champion.

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd keep in mind that the actual art of fencing, as in -the original renaissance method of combat using a rapier-, has actually been completely lost. All modern techniques are indeed based purely within the realm of sport, utilizing weapons that are far lighter and more fragile than the true weapons of the time. What this means is, don't be so sure that the techniques would be so useful with an enemy that would not necessarily follow the rules...

If you already know this, then fair enough, but you're bound to get a prideful instructor or two who'd deny it.

I'm very aware that the art of fencing is lost and now its only used for the sake of sport and reinterpretation. I actually got in this because I wanted to do a contact sport again and James was talking a lot about this. I don't know if the techniques are completely lost, as there are many books that talk about the techniques and all that, and its basically the same problem that have shaolin monks for ancient techniques. It's lost in the way that there is no one teaching it anymore, but the books are there and so the illustrations.

Go with Italian style, Clock. And then side step into Spanish.

I have thinking in Italian, there are cool moves, like parrying and hitting with the elbow the arm of the opponent while entering with the sword. I find that a pretty cool move, lol. But for the sake of sport, Spanish and German are more coherent.

AlmanacnamedTime
06-11-2012, 02:45 PM
german is fun. you should have fun.

Black_Shaggie
06-11-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm very aware that the art of fencing is lost and now its only used for the sake of sport and reinterpretation. I actually got in this because I wanted to do a contact sport again and James was talking a lot about this. I don't know if the techniques are completely lost, as there are many books that talk about the techniques and all that, and its basically the same problem that have shaolin monks for ancient techniques. It's lost in the way that there is no one teaching it anymore, but the books are there and so the illustrations.

I don't know much about european fencing but, the arts taught at Shaolin are alive a & well today as they were a century ago. I mean...you have to be a devout monk to learn them, but they still teach the same techniques they taught back then.

I'd assume that somewhere in europe there's groups who still know the lost techniques as well.

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
There are books written by "masters" about fencing, the problem is that the language of that time is different than the language at this days, and they wrote the books on codes so only a very limited amount of people could learn the techniques. Even so plenty of those "masters" are well documented biographically, so there are methods to interpreter their books and also the calligraphic distinctions between today and the XV century are also well documented (ya I took a class about this, but only for Spanish). So that's why I say the teaches are indeed lost, as there is no master alive (ones the rifle appear, most techniques were lost or changed for new weapons and societies), but there are books to be interpreted.

About Asian martial art, there is a lot of ancient techniques that are in the same situation than European fencing, its crazy the amount of books they have about old techniques and plenty of those books are only gave to only certain monks to interpret and learn the techniques. I remember this from both a documentary about Shaolin monks and also about a chatting I had with a person from a school of Asian Fencing who worked on interpreting old text books (I'm talking about illustrations even older than the unification of Chine, which is crazy).

jubeh
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
if you fight with honor, courage & puropse you shall always prevail.

Honor is like the worst thing you could bring with you to a fight.

Assuming your life isn't a shonen manga.

Bacon_Barbarian
06-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I have thinking in Italian, there are cool moves, like parrying and hitting with the elbow the arm of the opponent while entering with the sword. I find that a pretty cool move, lol. But for the sake of sport, Spanish and German are more coherent.
Than do whichever you prefer than sidestep into Italian.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I agree, you think the other guy would have the same amount of honor? If you cause him to have a cut, and you make an attempt to go the rest of the fight without agitating that cut, it's not like he'd do the same for you. If you show a weakness, he's going to take advantage, like you should. Honor is nice, but sometimes you need to toss it out, and go for the cut.

Bacon_Barbarian
06-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Who doesn't live in a Shonen Manga?

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 09:19 PM
If you pick a fight against a random dude, it would be stupid to not exploit his/her weakness. There is no dishonor in kicking balls, or grabbing a wood stick to hit your opponent. You fight to survive, not to be a ancient monk or something like that. Left the honor, gracious and nice things for training.

Honor is like the worst thing you could bring with you to a fight.

Assuming your life isn't a shonen manga.

Ya, honor is an asshole, he only cripple you to survive or win.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 09:42 PM
If it's a street fight, yeah, you fight to survive, honor has no place there. Boxing match would be different. I personally wouldn't pick a fight on the street, that just leads to a whole lot of bullshit, and I have no need for that.

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 09:43 PM
even in a box fight you can cheat, and why not?

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 09:47 PM
What's the fun in winning if you had to cheat to win?

Evil_Cake
06-11-2012, 09:49 PM
u win and not beat up as bad

jubeh
06-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Ya, honor is an asshole, he only cripple you to survive or win.

If musashi were alive today he would be called a dirty fighter and he was the best.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Wouldn't learn nearly as much if you went the easier route.

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
The thing is, in a fight, you can only learn if you survive. So why would you want to die or get crippled just to learn some bullshit lesson. And ya, Musashi was great, he would be a dirty fighter, but he would be the only one understanding that if you pick to play the game, you must be ready for anything.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 09:58 PM
But this is boxing, I would survive.

jubeh
06-11-2012, 09:58 PM
The thing is, in a fight, you can only learn if you survive.

This ^

Dying with honor still means you died

Hayashida
06-11-2012, 10:13 PM

lol you think no one's ever died from boxing?

ClockHand
06-11-2012, 10:16 PM

I think you are not understanding something, which is the core on every fight, and its that: the other guy is going to kill you. Doesn't mater if its box or kick boxing or fencing, the goal of the other guy is to make you useless, not just for this fight, but for the next, make you so you can't pick a fight again. Yes in boxing there are rules so people don't end crippled or with brain damage (even so they might get it anyway), but the other guy is not going to hold himself back, he is going to destroy you mentally and physically, because he knows, that you are going to do the same if he gave you the chance. At the end its a mater of taking the fight seriously, if you are not doing it, you die, if you are doing it, you are going to do anything that's to be done to survive, even if you have to cheat, because you don't want to get traumatized, with brain damage, with broken bones and traumatized ligaments. ya, you might not going to die, as in boxing is not allowed to kill someone, but the other guy knows that if he get his guard down, if he don't give everything on the fight, he might become the one who gets crippled or traumatized, so as the same that the other guy is not playing with you, but fighting you, you should also think in fighting that guy and use whatever you have to survive.

Also, people have die in box fights, reason why they are more severed about the rules. But that doesn't stop fighters to gave everything they have to win.

Mr_Liebe
06-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I know several people have died in Boxing. Frankie Campbell, Ernie Schaff, Apollo Creed((Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck)) Duk Koo Kim((reason why the 15 rounds went to 12, more ropes were added to the ring, and reason why fighters are checked by doctors before a fight)

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-12-2012, 02:15 AM
seriously,don't

ram
06-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Lesson learned: don't fight pros, fight who you think is weaker than you so you can survive and learn.

Delphinus
06-12-2012, 06:30 AM
If you were in a real (amateur or pro) boxing match the other guy wouldn't beat you to death on purpose, that's why you have a referee. They'd happily knock you out, but only the most pumped boxer would want to carry on after that. ClockHand has a bit of a romantic view of fighting.

In practice the other guy would go as hard or as soft as he thought you could take. If you're about as skilled as him, he'd probably go full on. But if you've just started sparring then you'd probably get paired with a more experienced guy, who'd go soft but firm - he'd point out your vulnerabilities by punching you, but he wouldn't get aggressive and beat the crap out of you. That's not why you're there, and that's not why he's there. Only newbie boxers go full strength in practice.

I mean, this is second-hand information but does ClockHand really believe that most fighters are such douchebags that they'd try and kill the other person?

EDIT: Also I don't think it's even possible to kill someone in modern fencing. Fencing is a sport, not a martial art. Have you seen the bendy swords and the thick armour? I think the sword would break long before it went into someone.

CypressDahlia
06-12-2012, 08:16 AM
lol are we really talking about killing people in a joke thread.

Delphinus
06-12-2012, 09:05 AM
CockHand was

Black_Shaggie
06-12-2012, 09:10 AM
On honor & fighting: Honor doesn't mean you'll go easy on an opponent just because they got hurt & want to go on. It means you'll respect him or her as a warrior & give them your all in battle. Some fighters use dirty tactics & that's okay as long as they're giving they're all. I would never go easy on some dude if I hurt him & he still wants to play. I'd respect him & try my best to end him quickly. I hope he'd do the same for me too. The honor, courage & purpose I was referring to in my original post means that one will give their best to fight will all that one has, never become frightened by an opponent's power if its greater than theirs (I figure if you got yourself into you have to handle it) & one should only fight for a significant reason or cause. For me, that purpose is(was) usually to test my own ability & to see how strong I can become. Since I started practicing Taiji things have changed a bit though.

@ Clocks: I'd love to learn more about fencing in general. I just started the Wu Style Taiji Saber form in my class & its cool.

CypressDahlia
06-12-2012, 09:26 AM
CockHand was

He seems like the type who would.

After his lecture on sword fighting i'll never forget to block with the flat of my strong.

Delphinus
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I think you are not understanding something, which is the core on every fight, and its that: the other guy is going to kill you. Doesn't mater if its box or kick boxing or fencing, the goal of the other guy is to make you useless, not just for this fight, but for the next, make you so you can't pick a fight again. Yes in boxing there are rules so people don't end crippled or with brain damage (even so they might get it anyway), but the other guy is not going to hold himself back, he is going to destroy you mentally and physically, because he knows, that you are going to do the same if he gave you the chance. At the end its a mater of taking the fight seriously, if you are not doing it, you die, if you are doing it, you are going to do anything that's to be done to survive, even if you have to cheat, because you don't want to get traumatized, with brain damage, with broken bones and traumatized ligaments. ya, you might not going to die, as in boxing is not allowed to kill someone, but the other guy knows that if he get his guard down, if he don't give everything on the fight, he might become the one who gets crippled or traumatized, so as the same that the other guy is not playing with you, but fighting you, you should also think in fighting that guy and use whatever you have to survive.

ClockHand thinks all fighting is street fighting

GunZet
06-12-2012, 10:42 AM
How about a friendly spar?
*kills you*

CypressDahlia
06-12-2012, 10:46 AM
TBH I can't fight worth shit. As in, if I consciously stepped into a ring to fight another person I wouldn't be able to hit them. Typically I get hit first, then my body makes quick work of em before I can even think about it. So to put short: I can't fight, I can only rage really hard.

GunZet
06-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Adrenaline junkieeeee.

AlmanacnamedTime
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM
ClockHand thinks all fighting is street fighting

It isn't? Jk, but I think like Clock does even if fighting with padded sticks.

GunZet
06-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Have you ever play fought with anybody. And furthermore, are they still alive?

AlmanacnamedTime
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Yes. Yes. They had to respawn first though. Unless they killed me.

Snooderflubbyguppy
06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
i dont want to hit anybody. i dont hate you.........yet...............theres only one person i would pick but they are not on here.........i think.............hope not............umm............

Black_Shaggie
06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
lol Play fighting used almost always devolve into real fights when I was a kid.

GunZet
06-12-2012, 11:46 AM
It all starts with one hit in the face, or unreasonably hard hit, and then it's on.

Mr_Liebe
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Play fight? no, wasn't any real fighting, I feel a real fight is one on one, nah, mostly it was like 5-7 people pushing me around, and punching me.

Snooderflubbyguppy
06-12-2012, 11:56 AM
lol Play fighting used almost always devolve into real fights when I was a kid
ya that happens alot. i think its kinda funny when it dose.

AlmanacnamedTime
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Says the one who always loses.

Black_Shaggie
06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
We used to watch "Kung Fu Theatre" after saturday morning cartoons & then meet up in the alley & have battle royals based off of whatever flick we watched. It was epic...until somebody go hit with the nanchaku made out of broom handle & dog chain...or dropped kicked from the the car port...or some other nonsense like that. That's when the one-on-one's would start after the battle cray of "You hit me fo'real man!"

Good times...

AlmanacnamedTime
06-12-2012, 12:17 PM
This is why i have dag sticks instead.^^

GunZet
06-12-2012, 12:21 PM
We used to watch "Kung Fu Theatre" after saturday morning cartoons & then meet up in the alley & have battle royals based off of whatever flick we watched. It was epic...until somebody go hit with the nanchaku made out of broom handle & dog chain...or dropped kicked from the the car port...or some other nonsense like that. That's when the one-on-one's would start after the battle cray of "You hit me fo'real man!"

Good times...

That sounds like what RZA said he used to do with ODB.

Y-You're RZA!?

Black_Shaggie
06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
HA! I remember this one time when I was in Memphis, I went out to Jackson, MS with a co-worker of mine to (what I thought was LARP...don't ask) with some of his pals. What I encountered was a PVC/ foam core weapons fight club. That shit was insane! We'd pair off into duels where the rules were not to strike the nads or the neck. Anywhere else scored a hit. Three hits & you're dead. I borrowed 2 short swords & tried my luck but this dude kept hitting me in the neck & when I hit him back he got mad & tried to go 'hard' on me.

Seeing as none of us had any sword training and were essentially stick fighting, I took his hits & beat crap out of him with my 'swords' for getting to full of himself. Dude was slower, smaller & had knack for putting his head in the path of my 'swords'. I couldn't resist. If he hadn't renigged on the rules he had set, things might have been different. I'll never do that shit again unless the people involved know what they're doing.

@GunZet

No I'm GZA

AlmanacnamedTime
06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Good job. Sounds sorta like Dag, although most people don't do crap like that. They'd be thrown out. I have had sword training. It does make a difference.

Snooderflubbyguppy
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Says the one who always loses.
-__-

AlmanacnamedTime
06-12-2012, 12:35 PM
It's true.

Mr_Liebe
06-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Well, you're alive, at least.

Snooderflubbyguppy
06-12-2012, 12:47 PM
It's true. yes fine it is true.
Well, you're alive, at least. ya but its still anoying.

ClockHand
06-12-2012, 02:30 PM
If you were in a real (amateur or pro) boxing match the other guy wouldn't beat you to death on purpose, that's why you have a referee. They'd happily knock you out, but only the most pumped boxer would want to carry on after that. ClockHand has a bit of a romantic view of fighting.

Key word: referee. The referee and the organization are there so the fighters don't need to hold back and can do everything they can to win. And the referees stop them when they are being over aggressive, go against the rules and so on. The point of placing a referee and a organization that manage the ethic of the fighters, it's made so the fighters don't need to discuss about the ethic on what they are doing.

Also the mind set of going for everything without carrying what the other person might happen is really important. As you are going to see, most people who start doing these kind of sport are not holden back by their skills, but rather because they care to much about the other.

In practice the other guy would go as hard or as soft as he thought you could take. If you're about as skilled as him, he'd probably go full on. But if you've just started sparring then you'd probably get paired with a more experienced guy, who'd go soft but firm - he'd point out your vulnerabilities by punching you, but he wouldn't get aggressive and beat the crap out of you. That's not why you're there, and that's not why he's there. Only newbie boxers go full strength in practice.

Key word is sparring. Sparring is different to fighting, in a fight you gave everything and in sparring you practice. If you go in the ring with a professional box fighter, then you must be aware that he is not going to go easy on you. If you go in a sparring, he will probably going to work so you look at your mistakes and develop solutions.

I mean, this is second-hand information but does ClockHand really believe that most fighters are such douchebags that they'd try and kill the other person?

Everyone are nice out of the ring, but in it, everyone want to win. They are douchebags, at least 90% of professionals I have met are douchebags on life or just on the ring/cage, but they are indeed assholes. Probably in part because in here there is a very blunt mentality in sports as they don't really care what happens to the other person, and they are the kind of person who would beat the crap out of you just to have some cash.

EDIT: Also I don't think it's even possible to kill someone in modern fencing. Fencing is a sport, not a martial art. Have you seen the bendy swords and the thick armour? I think the sword would break long before it went into someone.

Modern fencing use Black Blades, which are blades without edge but still have a point (and a pome), which is still dangerous. And armors used for sparring or matches are just cotton armors (which is not that good at stabbing or blunt hits) or kevlar armor (if you are into rapiers or florete). Well this is the reason why I think if you really want to make historical fencing in a sport you must take the steel sword away, because it cripple fighters to place everything they have to win (even so a lot of people would disagree, as steel swords have the best bounce and deflection).

And example on why the black blades cripple historical fencing is the pome, as if you were going to fight for winning, you would obviously consider in using the pome of the sword as a blunt/mace weapon. But as those weapons are made of steel, you can't, which cripple the idea that the fighter must fight to win. As is in the fighters mind to win no mater what, its the work of the referees and organizations to provide every mean so the fighters doesn't need to hold back.

ram
06-13-2012, 01:35 AM
I sure did miss that multi-qouting that clock always do.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-13-2012, 02:25 AM
i didn't. D:

ram
06-13-2012, 02:44 AM
I can't remember when was the last time he did that, you know doing that type of qouting isn't really easy, you have to copy paste stuffs to get it done right.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-13-2012, 02:46 AM
still. it's so precise and exact. unless it is nessecary, that sort of stuff bothers me. does he have to reply to every single comment?

ram
06-13-2012, 02:54 AM
That's how arguments really are, if you want to completely destroy your opponent in debate you have to prove every single thing he/she said false!

We fuck logic and fuck graphics! that's is how team dai gurren rolls!

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-13-2012, 03:00 AM
an opponent's defense is like a card tower. the less complex it is the harder it is to destabalise. but as it grows larger, the weak spots become more apparent, and with a single well aimed hit at the right spot. the whole thing comes crashing down. it's nit nessecary to methodically destroy every single brick, just take out the supports. methodical disintigration is more fun though :D

owned :P

CypressDahlia
06-13-2012, 04:19 PM
I change my mind. I would meet Clockhand in the boxing ring.

jubeh
06-13-2012, 04:55 PM
u sure you want to deal with stuff like this

you are destroying me brain you damn whore with breath of vagina fart!!!

Mr_Liebe
06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
I'd take on anyone, lol, I'd go Butterbean on yo asses, ha ha ha.

jubeh
06-13-2012, 04:59 PM
dude like you aint done stuff like that. wat about the testicles on face

Hayashida
06-13-2012, 06:39 PM
testes on da face

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-15-2012, 04:33 AM
ew.

ram
06-15-2012, 06:56 PM
I'll take on anyone here

*puts on a boxing gloves*

*hides a metal bar inside*

Let's get it on!!

ClockHand
06-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Its funny, because placing the metal bar inside a glove only hurt your hand, which is inside the glove, and it protect the other person from the metal bar, because is inside the glove.

GunZet
06-15-2012, 07:08 PM
I'll fight you. In long-range combat.
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/0c26d582159a54981f8b0e56955a80c0/http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f146/Near28/luffy_attack.gif

ClockHand
06-15-2012, 07:15 PM
middle range?

Hayashida
06-15-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm a lover, not a fighter

Evil_Cake
06-15-2012, 11:36 PM
what so if someone punch at u, u kiss their fist? or hug?

Hayashida
06-15-2012, 11:41 PM
i would go for the embrace and then whisper in their ear "shhh, don't be afraid"

Bacon_Barbarian
06-16-2012, 01:25 AM
I'll fight you. In long-range combat.
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/0c26d582159a54981f8b0e56955a80c0/http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f146/Near28/luffy_attack.gif

That is a fucking amazing game and I am still so fucking sad I lost it with my Soul Silver last year.