PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Baby

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-07-2012, 11:25 PM
this is gonna be my first project, and it might take me awhile to complete, but i want to see if i have the patience and willpowere to write and draw a full- length OC.

its called Cherry baby, and as this is more about testing my abilities than creating the awesomest story ever told (frankly, i don't have the time or patience to write a really awesome plot) it is slightly cliche, but i've changed it up a bit to make it less dull.

i'll post some drawings of the main/finalised chracters soon ^-^

ram
06-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Nice I'll wait for that.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-07-2012, 11:42 PM
thank you! also, any suggestions for names i'll gladly consider.

ram
06-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Annette, Rosetta, Cinnamon, Mist, Melody, Lara, Eunice, Bianca, Tabatha, Selphy, Uzuki, Iris,
Turner, Erik, Kross, Lily, Odette, Violet, Electra, Maerwen, Elena, Sierra, Pandora, Mikoto, Aden, joe, Bismarck, Beatrix, Bacchus, Quinn, Kelsey, Gerard, Jocelyn

on another note what does represent your character?

I named my character Candy, cause she have a pink hair almost candy like,

And I named my leading guy Sky cause he's a perfect being of power

And I named my other girl Sophie cause she have a rich girl look and representing a white skin.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
well one of them is an old OC who's named tokori, and she's called toko-chan or kori-kun for short

my main female chracter is blonde, white and she wears large round glasses.

the two main male characters are also white, both have black hair (they are similar for various reasons) but one of them is more lithe and graceful while the other is srong but gentle, kinda like a bear. hmmm....

ram
06-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Seems to have been asian names huh.. for the bonde girl I would probably name her something that ends with "A" like Sentria, or Jesicca, common name for some blond intellect.

For the guys, I'm not so sure cause they seems to be so simple that any name would suit them... like prince names..

There's actually a lot of name generators on the internet like:

http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-name.php

Representing their names through their personality is hard though, I just got most of my names from games that I play.
like harvest moon or Rune factory, the dating games.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-08-2012, 12:22 AM
the reason the chracters seem so simplified id that all their personality traits haven't yet been defined.

i should probably go work on them, so i shall return in a bit with their drawings an a description for each

please bear with me!

ram
06-08-2012, 02:56 AM
More importantly I want to know what the story is all about, like elien baby from cherry planet came to some teenage girl and some prince looking guy or something?

btw those names from the top all came from rune factory that I played lol :D

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-08-2012, 04:40 AM
okay, iv'e posted some pictures of the heroine in the gallery. go check 'em out!
and i've decided the names:

main female- Mieka (pronounced me-e-ka)
main male-kyran
supporting female- tokori
supporting male- sai

there are still a few story elements i'm working out, but once they're done, i'll post the story.

EDIT: her name ends with an A. lol, i only just remebered ur piece of advice now.

ram
06-08-2012, 05:18 AM
..... all those names are.... seems to be.... Japanese.

Delphinus
06-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Annette, Rosetta, Cinnamon, Mist, Melody, Lara, Eunice, Bianca, Tabatha, Selphy, Uzuki, Iris,
Turner, Erik, Kross, Lily, Odette, Violet, Electra, Maerwen, Elena, Sierra, Pandora, Mikoto, Aden, joe, Bismarck, Beatrix, Bacchus, Quinn, Kelsey, Gerard, Jocelyn

Rune Factory Frontier is a great game, but really?

ram
06-08-2012, 07:27 AM
There's not much Issue for getting names from somewhere else, at least I think it's not. As long as you don't use them all.
I did just posted that as a joke though.

well half joke, I am suggesting that she at-least pick one name from one of those

Yeah it's a great game, it's far better than tides of destiny cause it's no longer focus on farming, I do like the combos and new stuffs though, still like rune factory frontier better.

Demonfyre
06-08-2012, 08:01 AM
I look forward to seeing your work when it's done :D

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-08-2012, 07:52 PM
thank you demon :D demon, can i call you james? that's wht it says when i get notifications that you send me messages

@ ram and del: stop spamming about rune factorey frontier in here! go to the video games forum!

and those names might still be used for various minor supporting roles
and i just made those names up+ meika actuallu comes from holland. all the rest were just sounds that i liked and though would suit my characters personalities.

also ANYONE! PLEASE HELP ME!!! i need tips on composition for pages+ general layout tips

Demonfyre
06-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Go ahead :D I will respond to either :) also would you prefer for me to call you Mereana (Assumptions)?

Also if you want 'Mark Crilley's: How-to-draw' book does have some useful things on page composition and placement of speech bubble etc, I could scan them in for you tomorrow at some point? Also have a look out on DA, i'm sure there will be a tutorial on page composition somewhere :D also you could make some rough sketches of your pages so people can look at them and give you tips on how to make them better :)

Bacon_Barbarian
06-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Just go out and do it Mayma. That'll be what helps you the most. Just grab some paper and start drawing. And avoid Japanese names. Unless you're setting in Japan that is.

ram
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
... were not that spamming, del was just trying to stop me from giving you names from somewhere else, And.. well... maybe I was the one who spam a little bit...

you can just do ordinary panels hon, what exactly is hard about page composition? You can reference some other manga if it's too hard..

I think seef posted that before about panneling tutorial.... err.. I can't find the link to it.
You can check out some tutorials here dude, I haven't checked the massive online drawing tutorials but maybe you'll find some stuffs there

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-09-2012, 05:27 AM
@james: i don't mind. most people call me either rabbs, mayma or in ram's case either mereana or (?)hon.
if you wouldn't mind scanning in the pages that would be really helpful! thank you very much!
@ bacon: the names sound japanese, but as was metioned earlier, i just made them up. and it is set in japan ^-^
@ ram: hod do you define ordinary panels? page composition is complicated, specially if you want the story to flow really well and your a horrible perfectionist like me :/

ram
06-09-2012, 11:07 AM
About page composition, I think Clock can help you with a lot of pointers with it.
Not really sure what your problems are unless you post atleast a page of what your talking about.

I'm 90% sure that the panneling style you want is shoujo panneling style so I can't help you with that.
atleast here's a link, I think there's 10 pARts of this tutorial.
http://kinnohitsuji.deviantart.com/art/Panel-Layout-Tutorial-01-of-10-156384138?

Delphinus
06-09-2012, 02:42 PM
While that tutorial seems to be legit, it's probably not a great idea to use DeviantArt tutorials to learn how to make comics. You'd probably learn more quickly and thoroughly by analysing comics you like and experimenting by yourself; tutorials are usually better as launch pads than anything else.

Bacon_Barbarian
06-09-2012, 06:41 PM
While Delph is right, there are some very good tuts on dA, you just need to know where to look. Here (http://manga-apps.deviantart.com/) is a good place, if you're interested.

Demonfyre
06-09-2012, 06:58 PM
@mereana - Well it's decided then :3 also i'll get those scanned in for you ASAP :) any preferences where you want me to post them up for you?

ram
06-09-2012, 08:56 PM
I did understand all about page composition figuring it all out my self through looking at reference like "short space at left to right pannels" and "smaller pannels could only cover the big pannels" and also scene by scene stuffs and keep in mind how the eye of the readers move.

but I figured not all people could get it just by looking like me(Maybe because I just hate reading too many stuffs)... and so go to wherever you prefer if you want tutorial just go to tutorials.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-09-2012, 09:45 PM
@mereana - Well it's decided then :3 also i'll get those scanned in for you ASAP :) any preferences where you want me to post them up for you?

in here would probably be the easiest place for me to reference them ^-^ other than that, anywhere's good.
i can learn by looking, but i also want a few tips so that i can watch out for common mistakes.

@ram: thank you for the tutorial link, it's really good!

Demonfyre
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Ok I'll get them scanned in and posted here tomorrow morning hopefully :) don't have access to a scanner right at this moment unfortunately :/

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-10-2012, 02:18 AM
neither do i :/ if i did the pictures i posted would be better quality. i'll do my best to get one though -_-

Demonfyre
06-10-2012, 05:53 PM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/Demonfyre1/MarkCrilley1.jpg
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/Demonfyre1/MarkCrilley2.jpg
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/Demonfyre1/MarkCrilley3.jpg
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/Demonfyre1/MarkCrilley4.jpg

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-11-2012, 01:15 AM
yay! thank you james! this is really helpful! i'm gonna start drawing my first page soon :)

Demonfyre
06-11-2012, 06:44 AM
:D I look forward to seeing it :)

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-12-2012, 01:42 AM
yeah i just need to decide on where she lives. i have some specific ideas on the geography, so i have to find a place in japan that can accomodate them ^-^

okay, iv'e found a place i don't think is too bad, but i need some reasearch. if anyone is willing to do some, i would be very grateful:

EDIT: i'm gonna use an anagran of the name to create the place the live, but it'll still be in the kanagawa prefecture.

work on first page starting soon :D