PDA

View Full Version : Most painful thing you experienced

ram
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
It's not really important to me if you guys think that the most painful thing is heartbroken.. cause I never felt heartbroken enough to say that it's much more painful than the time I'm getting my root-canals removed by the dentist!

Man I was like shouting the whole time, thinking when will this be over.

Sylux
05-31-2012, 07:55 PM
No, heartache is about the worst pain you can have and not die from.

Demonfyre
05-31-2012, 08:03 PM
When I broke my arm *forever alone*

^ The stress can lead to cardiac arrest and other fatalities if your obese and stuff :s

GunZet
05-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Perfectly fine people can die from enough heartache.

Delphinus
05-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Physically? Being attacked with a hammer.

Mentally? Too personal to say.

ram
05-31-2012, 08:18 PM
being attacked with a hammer? What kind of life do you live in?

Bacon_Barbarian
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Physically would have to be breaking my arm in seventh grade when I was playing King of the Hill on a mound of ice waiting for the bus to pick me up. I would say when I fell down the stairs and needed to get my lips stitched back together, but I don't really remember that well at all.

Mentally I'd probably have to say my parent's divorce.

Matt
05-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Probably when I rolled my ankle last fall. It was even worse when I looked and actually saw my foot at a 90 degree angle from the rest of my leg. Somehow it didn't break, but it hurt.

Emotional pain? Missing my chance to confess to a girl I liked on the last day of my freshman year, planning to confess the first day back, finding out she'd moved. This still bugs me now, four years later, but not nearly as much as it did before.

ClockHand
05-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Physically, probably in my top 10 I would have to place the time when I had to take anti-rabies injections after being attacked by a dog when I had 6 years old. And in the most closest of time, the days after the jaw surgery.

Emotionally, one of my top 10 is the time my childhood friend fell 5 floors in front of me. Quite crazy to see your best friend playing in the edge, telling him to not play there and just in one blink see him fell and couldn't do nothing.

Mr_Liebe
05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
I broke my collarbone when I was like.... hm.... 5.

mentally: years and years of ostracization from my peers, amongst other things.

Emotionally: I've had several great friends, but they all moved away, and if they came back, well... they never dropped a line, and I recognized them too, and said hi when I saw them, but they were basically all 'Fuck you'.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Did ... Your friend live, Clock?

ClockHand
05-31-2012, 09:59 PM
I never asked my parents what really happened after that (I had like 5 or 7 years old) but they "kinda" told me he was alright; but as I never saw him again and his entire family moved away it become pretty evident that there was no happy ending. Still there is a chance that he might be alive, as when he fell he was still alive, screaming, crying, moving (in some way), but alive, and he pass the entire day like that (as he fell over a wall inside a private property where the owners were on vacations).

indescribable
05-31-2012, 10:08 PM
So, basically, you don't know. Well, damn. Why didn't you ask?

ClockHand
05-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Again, I had 5 or 7 years old. Is not like at that age you really want to know the answer of such a question.

corastaur
05-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Aww clock :( thats really sad... He's probably fine....

Physical: I don't get hurt a lot... Most of the time I end up accidentally getting people -sibs - hurt. I guess when I got hit/ran into a car on my bike was pretty painful, and two years ago I had a fibrocystic adenoma removed... Ugh I could barely move the left side of my upper body without pain for two weeks :/

Emotional: I've had a pretty trauma free life so far... Theres one involving a boy that left me sad and hurting for a while, but nothing too bad. Every time I get my bro or sis hurt I feel awful about it for weeks/years: game I suggested ended with my sis getting stitches and a scar on her forehead, similar thing happened with my bro only he injured the back of his head and had to get stitches... Let my bro play with a tent stake when we were little and he drove it into his toe... Accidentally kicked my sister off a small ledge when swinging down from a tree - didn't end well. etc. The list goes on and I still feel guilty for all of them 10+ years later.

Inksprout
05-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Clock thats a really awful story D:
The most painful thing I've done was to tear the cartilage in my knee. I couldn't use it properly for months, never had surgery on it so I don't even know for sure if that is what happened or not.
Emotionally at the moment I'm in a pretty painful place, break ups suck, but I would still prefer this to hurting my knee again :/

Sylux
05-31-2012, 10:46 PM

He lives in Somalia

indescribable
05-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Again, I had 5 or 7 years old. Is not like at that age you really want to know the answer of such a question.

I meant when you got older, but okay.

corastaur
05-31-2012, 10:53 PM
The most painful thing I've done was to tear the cartilage in my knee. I couldn't use it properly for months, never had surgery on it so I don't even know for sure if that is what happened or not.
Emotionally at the moment I'm in a pretty painful place, break ups suck, but I would still prefer this to hurting my knee again :/

:( I feel for you! Im sorry that you're in such a painful place :/ the good news is it pretty much always gets better! I hurt my knee kind of like that while skiing in hs. I also didnt get surgery so I have no idea what I did to it, but it wasn't right for months... Knees are so important and you never realize just how important they are until they don't want to bend anymore...

Inksprout
05-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks Cora, my knee still stuffs up if I pull it the wrong way DX turns out it has a weird spike of bone growing out of it

corastaur
05-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks Cora, my knee still stuffs up if I pull it the wrong way DX turns out it has a weird spike of bone growing out of it

Thaaaats probably not a good thing D: are you going to get it looked at? Or wait... if you know about the bone spike you probably had it looked at already...

Inksprout
05-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah it showed up in x-rays. Apparently they are inherited and many of my other family members also have random bone spikes

corastaur
05-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Huh well that's sucky... But the fact that they're heritable is actually kind of cool/interesting! Soooo what do they do about them?

Also, less painful and more just like itchy torture - chicken pox. I know you can only get them once or something, but I had a variation of it or something another time. So basically I had it twice. I remember crying and not being able to sleep because it itched so freaking bad

Girl pain:
for the past year on the first day of that evil cycle (if I haven't been taking pain meds for the two days before) I get contraction-like cramps that make it so I can't eat because I'll just throw it back up due to the pain. Not being able to eat means that I can't take pain meds to make it go away and I can't drink anything cause that doesn't stay down either. Basically I end up curled up in a ball waiting for them to get less painful which usually takes 2-5 hours. Oh and I can't take contraceptives to regulate the period because when I tried it before my blood pressure skyrocketed. So basically I'm stuck. It's at times like these that being a girl sucks. Also one of the reasons I will never have kids - cause if that's supposed to be even more painful there's no way in hell I'm going though it. I hate pain.

jubeh
05-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Idk about worst pain but most prolonged pain was when I had food poisoning this one time and it was just like 36 hours of oh god just kill me

ClockHand
05-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Idk about worst pain but most prolonged pain was when I had food poisoning this one time and it was just like 36 hours of oh god just kill me

You won this thread.

Outcast
05-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Oh god I've had food poisoning too. Fuck that shit.

Well on emotional: Getting removed from my mothers home was pretty bad at the time. It was for the best really.
Also getting my house robbed was pretty bad too. It was by relatives as I've recently found out too.

Mr_Liebe
05-31-2012, 11:35 PM
What does food poisoning consist of? Like puking, cramps and stuff like that?

jubeh
05-31-2012, 11:36 PM
You know how when your stomach hurts puking makes it feel better.

Well when you have food poisoning you will puke non stop and nothing makes the pain go away.

Outcast
05-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea oh god my stomach hurts like hell, I am going to puke now.

Mr_Liebe
05-31-2012, 11:38 PM
Ah, yes.... I think you have won the thread, then.

Rainbow_Dash
05-31-2012, 11:57 PM
I jumped off a trampoline and landed on a nail. Strangely it didn't scar or whatever. That day doesn't haunt me so much. I threw a glass at a wall once and it fractured and cut my nose in half but I don't really remember that either... Hmmm.

Inksprout
06-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Huh well that's sucky... But the fact that they're heritable is actually kind of cool/interesting! Soooo what do they do about them?

You can have keyhole surgery to have them removed. I'd rather avoid surgery if possible though

eltoroguaco
06-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Physically: When the doctor had to cut off small bumps under my knees with a knife and without anaesthesia when I was a kid. T'was horrible.

Mentally... July 22nd 2011... Definitely. I really don't want to talk much of it cause I'll break into tears. But for you who paid attention to the news there and look at the country I'm from, you know the reason why it was painful to me and others of my kind.

Hayashida
06-01-2012, 01:08 AM
i can't remember anything really bad but a little while ago i had mono and my throat got so swollen i couldn't eat food and trying to just drink water felt like i was drinking glass shards, so that kinda sucked.

jubeh
06-01-2012, 01:16 AM
i can't remember anything really bad but a little while ago i had mono and my throat got so swollen i couldn't eat food and trying to just drink water felt like i was drinking glass shards, so that kinda sucked.

I get this like once a year my body is so shitty

Hayashida
06-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Yeah it really sucks. I normally try to just deal with those types of things but the pain was getting too bad so I took some advil and stuff.

CypressDahlia
06-01-2012, 03:04 AM
I once put Bengay on my dingdong.

Hayashida
06-01-2012, 03:05 AM
did you read to do that from 4chan

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-01-2012, 03:09 AM
physically: rebreaking my arm. holy hell, that was so painful, 'cause it splintered the second time.

emotionally: ...... eh, i'm to young to know true emotional pain. but i suppose thinking my brother was gonna die for a bit when he got but in hospital for cancer treatment was pretty bad.

Mr_Liebe
06-01-2012, 03:09 AM
wow, that's pretty rough.

CypressDahlia
06-01-2012, 03:11 AM
did you read to do that from 4chan

Actually, it was by complete accident. I used to be a dance instructor so some days I would be incredibly sore. So after a shower I would put on Bengay to soothe the ache. And if there was excess, I used a towel to wipe it off....

Sadly I'd forgotten I used that towel to wipe Bengay and used it to dry off...other parts of my body.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-01-2012, 03:11 AM
which one?

jubeh
06-01-2012, 03:14 AM
His secret finger

CypressDahlia
06-01-2012, 03:15 AM
My shining finger. Which then became my burning finger.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-01-2012, 03:21 AM
bad innuedos guys.

@cypress: my friends brother once did something very similar by accident. 'cept it was peppermint toothpaste.

jubeh
06-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Did you guys ever do that thing where you take like a big red wrapper, lick it, and stick it on your forehead

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-01-2012, 03:25 AM
nah. what you do is if you have long hair, tie it around ur face like a moustache and then walk around the city like ur completley normal.

CypressDahlia
06-01-2012, 03:27 AM
He means that it's supposed to burn when you do that. And it does.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-01-2012, 03:28 AM
really? *walks of to go see*

*returns*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

indescribable
06-01-2012, 05:29 AM
Getting stung by a bee on my eyelid or vomiting out my nose with the stomach flu... whichever one, I guess. They were both pretty bad mentally and physically.

No wait.

Sunburn.

jubeh
06-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Oh you white people and the sun murdering your skin

Sylux
06-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Sunburn isn't even that bad

jubeh
06-01-2012, 05:41 AM
What if you get it on your booty wouldnt it suck trying to sit down

indescribable
06-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Yes, I bet it would.

Sunburn isn't even that bad

Um, actually, when you get second degree burns covering most of your back and shoulders with regular burns on the rest of you that give you heat stroke... it kind of sucks.

jubeh
06-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Sylux just doesn't understand dem booty burns

Hell_Baron
06-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Physically: i once got bitten in my stomach by a pony when i was about 7, a year later i got hit by a car.

Mentally: i got molested when i was 10 by a boy who was just as old as i was.

Emotionally: When my mom and dad just got divorced i could tell both of them where under a lot of stress.
of course you know how it goes: kids go visit the other parent once every 14 days, that sort of stuff.
one day when me and my little brother where staying with my dad for the weekend playing videogames and stuff.
and he got in an argument with my second oldest brother and all of a sudden he just exploded (metaphorically speaking).
he told us to pack our stuff and he drove us to our mom. during the trip he'd tell us how he regretted the day we were born and that we were a bunch of sociopathic dumbasses... i never felt so betrayed by anyone ever.

luckily it all worked out, i saw him again last year for the first time in 11 years.
i hadn't seen him cry that hard since his father's funeral.

Joosh
06-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I once wasn't watching where I was walking then fell off a retainer wall and hit my head p. hard.

The doc sed I had a really bad concussion and if I ever get one again Ill be brain-dead
yaaaay

AlmanacnamedTime
06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
A tie between:
I was confined to one place for a long period of time.
When My asthma and allergies combine to try to kill me.

Delphinus
06-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Uh I never noticed this. I was on the way to school when I was like 8 and this woman came out of her driveway and smacked me round the head twice with a hammer before my mother had the chance to tackle her. Next thing I knew I was in the back of an ambulance on the way to hospital. I didn't even get a fractured skull or anything which is pretty incredible from a fucking hammer attack. Guess the woman was weak. It turned out she was schizophrenic and hadn't taken her pills, so the devil told her to kill a child.

Also sunburn is pretty nasty when it's severe. Having your skin start peeling off because you're a dumbass who decided not to wear sun lotion in Greece sucks. But it's more itchy than outright painful. I don't really burn in English sun though, only the sun on the continent.

jubeh
06-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Idk how she confused me with the dev I mean wow luckily you survived

Demonfyre
06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
You also need to bring into consideration the small increases in skin cancer risk with each burn :/

Mr_Liebe
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Seriously? Fuck.

indescribable
06-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah, after two second-degree burns your risk increases by 50% or something. BRING ON THE CHEMO. ; - ;

Regantor
06-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Physical; Stood on a lego brick.

Physical (Not lying version); Broke my right arm backwards at the elbow. Did the exact same thing a second time a few years latter, but weirdly, it didn't hurt as much that time. Horay for dead nerves!

Right now I still think Del's story sounds the most FUBAR, through.

Sylux
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Cracking your skull open isn't actually painful, really. I had to get staples in once cuz the bone split and it wasn't even near the top 10 list of most painful things in my life.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-02-2012, 04:23 AM
and you've reached the point were you can say that. wow.

you know, tanning salons increase ur risk of cancer more than a natural tan

Edit: I CAN'T FUCKING SPELL.

ram
06-10-2012, 03:09 AM
I did have a big school bag coming from the second floor directly to my head, it also bleed but it didn't hurt really.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-10-2012, 03:21 AM
head wounds bleed more than most.

i broke my wrist once and i didn't go to the doctor till two days later. and this was the second time i'd broken my arm, so it hurt like fuck