PDA

View Full Version : Shnorkel's Stuff - Ace

Shnorkel
05-28-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm dead tired right now (it's 3:30 AM) after working on this for HOURS. Linearting with Sai takes SO MUCH TIME but the result is just great! Up until now all of my drawings looked sketchy and messy.

http://i45.tinypic.com/x3bzoj.png

If anyone's noticed, it's Fuu from Samurai Champloo (She looks like this (http://images.wikia.com/samuraichamploo/images/3/38/Fuu1801.jpg)). I tried to imitate the anime's style (Fuu just looks so darn cute).

Before I start colouring this, any critics? I'm sure this one can be made better.

Mr_Liebe
05-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Wow, you have a nice grasp on the fundamentals, very nice linework, great work on the proportions, and the folds are all nicely done. I can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished.

Demonfyre
05-28-2012, 08:48 PM
That sir is one awesome looking drawing :) I would say its probably ready to go with the colour! Looks like those hours paid off :D It will be awesome to see it once its done :)

Sylux
05-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Sa-mu-raiiii Champloo

you should draw Mugen when he was high on marijuana

Celestial-Fox
05-28-2012, 09:38 PM
It's a simplet thing, but I like how you did the line art in purple. I would suggest making the hips a little lower, and to be a little more strategic with where your lines get thin and thick. I really like the fac/head, though.

Welcome back. (:

JJJorgie
05-28-2012, 10:51 PM
I love how smooth your lines are! Great job!!

Shnorkel
05-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Finally done

I am SO happy with this one, although there's much to improve!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2igd2q0.png

Here's detail of the head! (http://i45.tinypic.com/ivfji9.png)

I kind of abused the fact that I made a vector linework, the original pic is something around 2500x3500 pixels :cat_whirly:

Opinions?

Demonfyre
05-29-2012, 05:31 PM
That is... jaw dropping :D I can't really see anything wrong with it at all, except maybe the lighting on the dress... not sure what it is though... :/ how long did it take you colour it?

JJJorgie
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Oooo, very nice colring job!!! I have no critiques or anything. Wonderful job! She's really cute!!!

Shadowsfade
05-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Awesome, what did you use for shading?

Regantor
05-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Humm... The only thing I can really complain about is that her face seems a little small compared to the rest of her head, to me.

But the photoshoping is really damn nice, that said. Good work, honourable human. :3

Shnorkel
05-30-2012, 03:25 PM
@Demonfyre: Thanks :D About 6 hours I think, though that's a really rough assession cause I just worked on it all day with several breaks.
@JJJorgie: Thank you :3
@Shadowsfade: I used Sai for both drawing and coloring/shading
@Regantor: huh you're right I haven't noticed that! Thanks :)

Rubisko
05-30-2012, 04:46 PM
I kind of abused the fact that I made a vector linework, the original pic is something around 2500x3500 pixels :cat_whirly:

I don't know about SAI, but in photoshop most brushes don't do very good at such low resolution, so as long as your computer can handle it I think you should res up. (but the blending is really really good, so it seems you get everything to work anyway)

I don't know if it's a stylistic thing, but the shoulders are a bit square-ish

Gaff
05-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Looking at the coloured version compared to the lineart, I think you might be able to get around her face looking small by adjusting the contrast on her hair. As it is at the moment, the colours are quite similar, making it difficult to see the outline of her head against the hair that's sticking out behind. If you lighten up the front though, it should look more as if her ponytail (for want of a better name for it) is further away, separating it from her head and bringing it into proportion.

Other than that though, the colours are lovely.

Cloudy
05-31-2012, 03:46 AM
it turned out pretty nice! good job, id'e say watch out for the size and positioning of her hand, it's kinda on the small side and not in a very natural pose, but it's still awesome :3

Shnorkel
05-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Well on this one I didn't work as much as Fuu but it was really fun doing the cell shading :D
http://i46.tinypic.com/2nlvngg.png

canime4ever
05-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Aw~ She so cute! Saimoe Contest entry? It's really good! I think the only thing that seems a tad bit off is that the swimsuit bottom looks a little too high, that might be just me though! That's a really cute pose~ Love her hair too! If it is a Saimoe entry, then good luck!! :3

Shnorkel
05-31-2012, 05:11 PM
haha thank you :) Yes it is for the Saimoe Contest, I was just brainstorming with wierd hairstyles and just got carried away with this specific one.
Yeah you're right about the swimsuit, I haven't noticed it, thanks !

JJJorgie
05-31-2012, 06:14 PM
So cute! i love the hair and facial expression!!! Great coloring job!

Regantor
05-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Sugoi~! Seems like the only word appropriate. Loving the bold colors and the cleanliness of the lines.

If I had to give you a piece of critique, through, it would be that her head does seem rather large. Might be a stylistic thing, but people do generally use a torso size that is twice that of the head (or a wee bit more) when using non-chibi type stuff.

Hope that helps for future reference.

Demonfyre
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Amazing as always :P the hair style is brilliant by the way xD how do you put those reflection bands into your drawing? When ever I try it with SAi I just get blurs and it looks terrible :/

Also think it's worth my time trying to enter into that swimsuit thing?

Shnorkel
06-03-2012, 03:49 PM
All I do is make a new layer and use a white marker with some 80%-100% density, it's that simple.
And yes, definitely! It's great practice and you'll get to try something new- drawing cute stuff.

Shnorkel
06-07-2012, 09:36 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/15nsh8p.jpg

Random GB thing, first time I actually got this camera angle right!

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-08-2012, 08:02 PM
this is cute! the perspective is great. it looks a bit odd though that her eyes and mouth are clearly outlined and the rest of her body has a sort of soft water colour-y feel.

Demonfyre
06-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah you should either outline it or decrease the intensity (for lack of a better word) on the mouth at least, maybe not so much the eyes but that is just stylistic thing xD

It looks brilliant from the angle you chose and is incredibly cute :D i'm really looking forward to your next addition :)

Shnorkel
06-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah you guys are right, it does look awkward.
Anywho, I have TONS of character ideas, so here's Vix!

http://i45.tinypic.com/289hf88.png

Cool pose is from PoseManiacs, I figured I could use some practice with dynamic poses.

She is based on the Teumessian Fox (also known as the Cadmean Vixen), a fox that was destined to never be caught. I will also draw a character based on it's opposite counterpart, Laelaps, the dog that is destined to always catch it's pray. Both are from the same Greek mythology tale which I really loved :)

I'm experimenting with her outfit/hairstyle in the meantime, before I do the lineart and color, any suggestions would be awesome.
Opinions? Critiques?

Demonfyre
06-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Awesome...

I don't see anything outstanding just awesomeness :) however there appears to be a lack of trousers/skirt/etc, I look forward to seeing it coloured :D

Gaff
06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
It's a nice design, but her right leg is too short compared to the left and her head is too small compared to her body.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-10-2012, 03:09 AM
this is cool! her feet appear to be too small and thin for her body+ what gaff said. also, her dress looks cool, but maker it longer could increase the dynamisim of the drawing.

Shadowsfade
06-10-2012, 07:24 AM
I think the foot that's on the ground seems too angled towards us - the position of the legs suggest the foot should be slightly more sideways on, so you see less of the sole, atm it kinda looks like the ankle is pointed awkwardly compared to the rest of the leg (judging from the position of the knee and top of the thigh). I like her hair though!

ScarletHue
06-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Your leg anatomy is pretty nice. A little jel' actually. But her hand seems awkward because of how her thumb must be bent to hide it from view like that. Get in this pose and put your hand like that, you'll see it's unnatural.

Shnorkel
06-10-2012, 10:18 AM
@Demonfyre- Thanks :)
@Gaff- aah you're right about that, thanks
@Rabbits- Yeah I was thinking about either making it longer or adding a scarf/something that would add to the feeling of her movement.
@Shadows- Well actually she's supposed to be running away from the camera at a 3/4 angle, and only turning to the right with her torso. It seems that the entire right leg was drawn wrong since it isn't at the proper 3/4 angle. You also said that the left knee and top of the thigh aren't suggesting that she's running at a 3/4 angle- How should I draw them then? Frankly I have no idea what's wrong.
@Scarlet- hmmm you might be right. Thanks

I'll redraw the right leg when I get the chance. Thanks a bunch guys!

Shnorkel
06-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Ok guys how's this?
http://i49.tinypic.com/9hi2bn.png

Is the right leg any better? or does it still look like she's running sideways?

Demonfyre
06-10-2012, 04:37 PM
The image isn't showing up for me, unsure why not. Could you maybe put up a link so I can look at it please :) Also I will edit this post to let you know what I think of your drawing to save spamming your thread.

Nevermind, 5th time lucky xD the clothing your adding is looking good, the lengthened dress also looks much better :) it also looks like you fixed that leg, maybe wait for other critiques though because im not the most reliable source when it comes to the legs and placements :L looking good, can't wait to see it once you've completed it :D are you gonna make up a bio and stuff for her?

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 04:41 PM
wow that's great! Love her pose.

Allthough, her head is a little small. On manga anatomy, the heads are usually a bit bigger than on regular human anatomy ;P
But who am I to be picky XP

Gaff
06-10-2012, 05:46 PM
It's looking nice, but there's still a few little things here and there:

http://i.imgur.com/rQTQz.jpg

The head is still a fraction too small for the rest of her body and it makes her breast seem low by comparison. I'd also bring her waist up a little more, widening the thigh, and probably widen her shoulder a little more for good measure.

Other than that, I think it's pretty much there.

Shadowsfade
06-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I think what you've edited has pretty much solved the problem i was thinking - maybe add a few more fold lines in the dress around the waist, to show that her top part is twisted towards us slightly?
that should help our eyes to realise that she's twisted, rather than her top half facing a slightly different way to the bottom.

looking good!

Shnorkel
06-11-2012, 04:49 PM
@Demonfyre- haha thanks :) And yes, I'll probably make a Bio of some sort and perhaps a full character sheet, though this is just random character brainstorming for me. Both her and Laelaps (The next character I'm planning on making) are set in a futuristic world, not far-future but something more like 2050 AD in an alternate world, something of that sort.
@Guaco- You're right, I made her head abit bigger, it looks better. Thanks :)
@Gaff- Thanks alot for the redline! I sort of disagree with widening the shoulder and waist since IMO it looks better, but the shape of the shoulder/arm you drew look better. I positioned her breast abit higher and made the head bigger, thanks again! :)
@Shadows- Yeah it does help the viewer understand her torso is twisted! I ended up doing awkward poses infront of the mirror just to get the idea of how it should look haha. Thanks !

http://i47.tinypic.com/21105ra.png
I'm still trying out stuff with the color scheme, I quite like the green-yellow-purple though, the green and yellow/blond compliment eachother while the purple gives contrast to both.

Opinions?

Demonfyre
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
(All are suggestions)

See the buckles on the boots, you could maybe recolour them to like a gold or purple? And maybe the parts at the end of the boots, I have seen some boots which use different materials for the ends but its up to you :) also you could possibly add a green design on the purple dress that could work as well possibly, nothing to intricate mind you :) the colour scheme is looking very good so far :D

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-12-2012, 01:56 AM
the colour scheme looks good, but the green is being overwhelmed by the other colours in the sketch becaues it isn't represented much. maybe make the buckles/straps on the boot=the sole green?

also,where's her other arm? even at this angle shouldn't it be slightly visible? sorry i only just picked up on this

Shnorkel
06-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Well the actual reference had the hand hidden since the figure itself had her left elbow raised about shoulder high and her arm folded to the palm is right infront of her chest. From this angle you couldn't see the left arm. But I guess that it looks awkward anyways, so now she's simply grabbing her left headphone or somethin.
I also got rid of the green and went for more tinted purple and blonde. Also made the buckles and soles white like the dress layers and trims.

http://i46.tinypic.com/cthj.png

Gah you guys are really helpful :3
I think I'll start shading it now!

JJJorgie
06-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Wow, the arm is a BIG improvement! The adding coloring on the boots looks great, too! Keep up the wonderful work!! I can't wait to see it shaded!

Shnorkel
06-12-2012, 06:01 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/nm1e80.png
Bigger version (http://i48.tinypic.com/30upisi.png)

When I colored it I intended it not to have the actual lineart but IMO it adds more definition to some parts so I erased most of the lineart and left the rest with low opacity. This is my 2nd or 3rd lineless drawing and I still seem to have a problem with faces, the mouth nose and eyes usually aren't defined enough to look somewhat normal without lines at all :/

Demonfyre
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/Demonfyre1/pukingrainbows.jpg

That is unbelievably awesome, and I see you coloured the bottom of her boots, yaaay I helped somewhat xD looking forward to the next one :D

JJJorgie
06-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Wonderfully wonderful! The BG color really makes it pop!

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-13-2012, 02:11 AM
she looks awesome! i'm happy that you took my advice and added her other arm :3 so happy to help!!

yaaaaaaaaay!!!

Rubisko
06-13-2012, 04:01 AM
It looks really really good shnork! I can tell you've put some amount of work and thought into this, so I'll try to do the same for this critique

Cause I've got some for you if you want to keep pushing this piece, complemented by a picture to make it understandable.
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o608/jenbe753/Shnorkel_nm1e80_colorbalance_crit.png

So except that I thought that it looked really nice, my first thought was that it was pretty gray. The lightning looks pretty much like it was an overcast day, but still I could identify two lightsources. I think the problem might be that they are orthogonal to each other and that they light up the whole figure quite even. I don't know if it is the best solution, but I think if you make the light from L1 warmer, and the light from the less intense L2 colder the difference would make the shapes pop better. I tried to simulate this with some adjustments to color balance and saturation, and I think it kinda works (it would be better if it was painted instead of c).
I would suggest that you add some bounce light in places, particularly prominent is the inside of the skirt (discrete arrow :P).
And last, but probably not least in your opinion, the folds on her skirt is very nicely rendered but you might want to consider losing some of them and repaint some of them to accentuate the shape of the bottom better. As it is I'm afraid her right ass cheek has gone missing

But I'm very impressed by this, I think you made the right choice to paint over the lines in places, keep pushing it

Shnorkel
06-13-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks a bunch guys both for the compliments and the critiques throughout the process of making that piece which helped me make it way better!

@Rubisko-
WOW, it looks WAY better with the warm-cold contrast! The light setup was supposed to be a flourescent light as the main one (from the right), a weak blue secondary light and an ambient white/gray light, as if the environment was an indoor public place like a mall or a subway or something. But I guess using a warm light adds alot to the piece. I'll use it next time :)
I understand what you're talking about with the bounce, although I don't get how the light should bounce since originally the blue light comes from above (can be indicated by the fact the skirt casts shadows on her thigh/butt). But I haven't thought about the fact that bounced light is conspicuous on white surfaces, I'll remember that.
As for the skirt, I honestly have no clue how to pull it off. I drew the skirt like it is right now because of the movement. Can the skirt both drape over her bottom (and accentuating it's shape) and give the dynamic feel of the movement?
Thanks a bunch, your criticism was very helpful and I will definitely use your tips from now on! :)

Shnorkel
06-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Aaaand here's the full Saimoe entry I made :)
http://i47.tinypic.com/24yr63b.png

Matt
06-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Aw man now I'll never have a chance of winning!
I wouldn't be so sure. For one thing, your layout is many times more creative than mine; you fit everything into one picture; you've even got a nice papery look to it. Two, everything about this girl is cute (I mean, she turns into a turtle).

As for actual critique? Check out that horizon line. Compliments aside from what I've already said? I'm loving that skirt.

ClockHand
06-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Look at the head.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-16-2012, 01:03 AM
umigame FTW!!! her backstory is really interesting and original nice work shnork!

ScarletHue
06-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I love that she has two different colours in her hair, cute!

Shnorkel
06-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Matt- Thanks alot!
Clockhand- Are you talking about the head being too big? If not then elaborate please.
Mereana&Scarlett- Thanks :)

Anyways, I'm thinking about starting to go for a more realistic style for a while.
http://i47.tinypic.com/nbotud.jpg
I used reference for the pose, trying to get better at this.

Other than the thighs being wierd (either her left being too thin or her right being too thick and abit misplaced), is there anything wrong?

ScarletHue
06-18-2012, 05:06 AM
It's the left one that's too thin. The right thigh is the right thickness. Otherwise I think the two feet are different sizes, and the pelvis seems twisted oddly/ an incorrect shape. A great job with the torso though and the foreshortening in the back.

Sutari
06-18-2012, 08:30 PM
I think she's missing a butt (or a butt shape) which you would probably see in a pose like that. And it might help to show the crotch lines just a little... or.. whatever the inner leg/groin lines are called.

I love her feet though, very nicely shaped :]

Shnorkel
06-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks both of you! :)

http://i45.tinypic.com/m6og4.jpg

I did this for one of my friends who asked me to draw a mermaid for her tattoo design. I think it's really awesome having someone tattoo something you drew :)

Demonfyre
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Yaaay a mermaid :D and your a lucky man being able to design your friend's tattoo, what an honor :P

Anyway, personally I find the upper arm a little too think compared with the thick section of the lower arm but i'm weird that way, other than that it looks brilliant :D

I thought you were going for a more realistic style though :P i'm sure mermaids are imaginary xD

JJJorgie
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Very nice! One thing that really sticks out at me is that the hand looks backwards from the way the thumb line extends into the back of the hand. Other than that and what Demonfyre said, Great job!

ScarletHue
06-22-2012, 12:52 PM
This figure is tremendously better than the previous. I especially like the wet look the hair has and how it drapes over some of her form.

Shnorkel
06-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah you guys are right about the hand :S
Thanks for the compliments :כ

Here are some character design sketches for my collab project with Demon and WRA:

Viorell and Lloyd:
http://i45.tinypic.com/5dqqgo.png

Valkyrie Special Aerial Infantry armour design (Viorell is drawn here with the Valkyrie gear):
http://i45.tinypic.com/whljc5.png

Tyra, the heroine of the story. (http://i45.tinypic.com/24zexqf.jpg)

Hati and Skoll, cyborg twins (Hati represents the moon and Skoll the sun):
http://i48.tinypic.com/2v1nuki.jpg

And just a random sketch that will prolly be utilized for the project aswell:
http://i49.tinypic.com/20uopp3.png

ScarletHue
06-23-2012, 07:59 AM
A lot of stuff there! I really like the last design.

I think you should take a look at how the legs connect to the hips on real figures because although your managing it nicely with the straight forward poses, when the pose becomes more dynamic (like the kicking one) the incorrect anatomy starts to show through.

Shnorkel
06-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Huh you're right. Will do, thanks!

This is Hel, she has prosthetic legs and part of her face/head (which she covers with her hair).
http://i49.tinypic.com/20kt20m.png

Sorry for the lack of interesting poses or quality drawings, I'm just focusing on the actual design right now :3

JJJorgie
06-23-2012, 11:30 AM
I like her a lot! :) The legs are a little short and you could make the feet bigger, but other thean that good job!

Demonfyre
06-23-2012, 04:31 PM
She looks great! The way she looks just gives me the feel of a bad past just as you intended :P are we gonna make it so she can connect up to a computer of sorts?

Shnorkel
06-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks Jorgie :כ
And sure Demon sounds like a cool idea!

http://i49.tinypic.com/16bk4lv.png
First attempt at value drawing. Although horrible, I'm glad I managed to pull it off :)

JJJorgie
06-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I think this looks really cool!

Shnorkel
06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/jruvs9.png
Some awful character design I made. The expression was supposed to be teasing but it doesn't look much. Same goes for the feet which i had absolutely no clue how to draw in this pose.

Midori-Midori
06-25-2012, 07:05 PM
You did well. C:
I really like the design of her clothes and especially that gradient in her hair.
However her left hand looks awkwardly placed, maybe practise drawing different hand poses.
This not awful at all, in fact I really like this character. Keep working hard! C:

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-26-2012, 02:01 AM
^ what she said. with the feet, from this angle you should be able to see more of the sole of her foot.

Shnorkel
06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
oic, thanks both of you! :כ

http://i46.tinypic.com/103izkp.png
Concept sketch of a huge Volcanic Titan~

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-27-2012, 02:47 AM
whoa. that is one dude i wouldn't mess with :

is his head/ mouth also a volcano? that could produce interesting action shots :)

JJJorgie
06-27-2012, 02:49 AM
This is great! I really suck at painting, so this amazes me! Wonderful job!

Shnorkel
06-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Steampunk skater thing :3 I don't think I'm gonna finish it but critiques would be really nice!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qlhezp.png

JJJorgie
06-28-2012, 10:57 AM
That looks really great! The only thing I suggest is making the googles/glasses look a little more 3D, they look super flat

Demonfyre
06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Looks awesome as always :P There are two things I notice, the first one JJ has mentioned and secondly in that negative space between the left arm and her torso I would have expected to see a little bit of hair beside her arm. Hope that helps :)

corastaur
06-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Oh man I reeeeally like this! I know you said you weren't going to finish it, but I would love to see a finished version :P I also agree about the goggles looking a bit flat. Also on our left side the goggles dont really look like they're following the shape of her head, does that make sense? Maybe they're just following her hair, but it would be kind of cool if like you could see it kind of pushing the hair down where the goggles were. You see what I'm saying? i'm not sure how to describe it -__-

Gedeon
07-01-2012, 09:43 PM
one thing i see wrong in the pic is that (at least i think so) that her legs are too far apart and the torso could be longer but its nothing major.

Shnorkel
07-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks aaaaall of you :כ

Anyways, just a random dump of stuff
http://i49.tinypic.com/ngvbja.png

(Random side chars for the manga project: )
http://i47.tinypic.com/2a7bn7t.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/2h5nyaq.png

ScarletHue
07-14-2012, 08:16 AM
I am very jealous of you people that can draw with a tablet. Anyway I think your soft brush painting style and the line art in the last one are having a bit of a conflict. Variations in line weight would help.

toast
07-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I agree with scarlethue, the thickish lineart doesn't seem to work well with the soft coloring. Either cell shade instead, or just use thinner lineart that breaks up in some parts. Another thing is that the nose and it's shading looks quite awkward. I suggest you look at how a nose looks at that angle first, then I guess manipulating it to fit your style better.

The BIGGEST problem is the angle of the head. I see you're trying to make it so she's facing up, but her facial proportions, her neck, and her chin does not match that angle. Take a look at these refs. I included a manga ref because it's not really easy to emulate realistic proportions in a distorted style. But if you notice, this artist still uses realistic proportions in the angle. Please don't just copy the lines of the drawing, as well. Look at the photo and understand how dimensions work and how there is a skull under that face. Seriously.

http://i.imgur.com/ECiNl.jpg

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/114/1/d/anime_head_angles_perspective_by_laira87-d4xfuvk.jpg

Shnorkel
09-22-2012, 04:51 PM
hokay :3 Here's Skoll! I tried to get abit semi-realistic here
http://i46.tinypic.com/5y7pqf.png

Demonfyre
09-22-2012, 04:57 PM
AMG NEW RAZ ART *fanboys out*

Anyway... looks great! I love her eyes :D I think her lips look quite harsh on her face but then again she could just be pale or be wearing lipstick, other than that nothing :3 I also love the way you designed her hair to represent a sun, fitting :)

JJJorgie
09-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Very nice! I like it! The ear and the eye closest to us should be higher. Other than that, good job!

Shnorkel
10-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Yo thanks guise :3
just a WIP, gonna srsly color this and stuff
http://i50.tinypic.com/2v8qyj4.png

:cat_panic:
First time drawing any type of animal really. Crits?

Shadowsfade
10-03-2012, 11:06 AM
this is really cute :) and you captured the mood well. the only things i can see is the girl's hands are very small, and the wolf/dog's leg seems to just curve, rather than bend at a joint. apart from that great, especially if you havent drawn many animals before!

Demonfyre
10-03-2012, 12:14 PM
It looks amazing, the only thing I notice is that the wolfs leg appears a little awkward to me, and just how high the body is and how low the head is looking slightly odd I think. I'm in the mood to draw some wolves and rabid dogs now :D

Rubisko
10-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I agree with demonfyre on the angle the wolf is coming in from. It kinda feels like the girl is hugging the wolf and the wolf just goes */ignore*
If that's part of the narrative I guess it's ok, but I think you should change it if not. All in all it looks like it's gonna be a cute picture though =)

Shnorkel
05-14-2013, 07:16 AM
OH HELLO :כ
Welp, it's been a while and studying takes all of my free time.
Until I decided to watch some Justice League, and then this happened. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjvnawR-cqk)

http://i39.tinypic.com/4khanq.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/14320503e5d7d848812029b9c864e415/tumblr_inline_mijov22HWI1qz4rgp.jpg

And I'm also dumping some abstract things for you to enjoy:

http://i41.tinypic.com/fk4lzt.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2w2kg04.jpg

Demonfyre
05-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Raz, dflkjandfljadjfngkjlDSGJ. Hi. c:

The abstract pieces are cool o: I like the profile skull on the first one c:

I think, since you are going with a style that is moving closer to realistic than super cartoony that you could do with indicating more detail through shading instead of line; especially with the nose since it's only a few lines compared to the more developed features. I would also argue the lips, but I guess all of this is optional anyway lel

Gedeon
05-16-2013, 06:30 PM
^do more abstracts.