PDA

View Full Version : Views on Rooms and other things

jaidurn
05-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Today I came home to find out that my mother had cleaned my room. Like spotless. Nothing really there. All of my art supplies were gone from their usual places and none of my books were in short reach of my bed.

When I asked my mother about my art supplies, she said that she thought they were just old pencils and pens that I didn't need anymore. Most of them were newish and hadn't been used that much. :\

How do/did you guys deal with your parents getting all over you about cleaning your room?

I mean c'mon. It's not like they live in there.

Soapbox/suggestion thread.

Rubisko
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Just wait til you get your own place, and your mum visits for a weekend. As soon as you leave her unattended she'll start "organizing" stuff and you're lucky if you ever find anything again. But it really sucks that she threw out some off your things, I feel for you

AlmanacnamedTime
05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
I make my brothers help me with our room. Before it gets bad enough for my mom to notice.

GunZet
05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Haha, this happened to my brother last week, he got so pissed. It's never happened to me though, and won't ever happen, since I'm like 21 now. But apparently it sucks hard. I wouldn't want any of my stuff displaced/thrown away, hell.

Black_Shaggie
05-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Another reason I'm proud of my "Elder Status" I'm so grown that nobody youths my ish! Hell, my roommate waited till I came home last Thursday at like 1am to ask me what was wrong w/ the wi fi connection. Alls he had to do was reset the darn Linksys... was afraid to step into my room.

Why? Because it's like a pocket dimension in there...stuff's all over the place & only I know what's what. And that's the way I wanna keep it.

Psy
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
When I was a kid this happened to me all the time. Never really had anything I wanted to hold onto thrown away tho.

But when I was a teen and even now I have/have had my room broken into by my family all the time. Apperently my stuff is super cool and exciting, or they are all birds attracted to shiny objects, and they just had to have it.
My dad snoops through my room like I'm doing drugs or something.
My mom steals my change, my fan, and books from me.
My sisters are cleptos I swear so a short list is: Fabric, Xbox, ps2, nail clippers off my key chain, money, books, drawings, hats I've made, lottory tickets, chargers, iPod, iPhone, old cellphones, wire, beads, yarn, paper, pillows, DVDs, tape, gum, candy, and my dsi has been missing for over 8 months now when I had it put away way the fuck up in my closet.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-18-2012, 01:02 PM
psy, dude that sucks.

Psy
05-18-2012, 01:08 PM
It does and I can't even put a damn lock on my door or change the knob to one with a key because the one in the door now is kinda built in so I can't get it out.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 01:25 PM
My room, as a kid, was always such a mess, I always had a lot of clothes books and toys just lying around. You see, I wasn't very aware of my surroundings, and I was rather dismissive when my parents told me my room was a mess, and that I needed to clean it, even if I noticed it was a little messy. Of course, like every kid, when I walked into my room one day and found it cleaned spotless, I was rather upset, because as a kid the world is pretty much out of your control, and your room was basically the one thing you could control, which is what I thought at the time. I mean, it was cool, I didn't have to do the work, and I had more space, but like Sylux said, things were in the wrong spot, some were missing ,and it felt wrong.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-18-2012, 01:27 PM
It does and I can't even put a damn lock on my door or change the knob to one with a key because the one in the door now is kinda built in so I can't get it out.

new door? my siblings did this until i tied them to a tree btw.

Evil_Cake
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
i make sure 2 leave booby traps of dirty underwear and random stuff to trip over, so no1 is brave enough to enter

Delphinus
05-18-2012, 02:18 PM
I tidy my own damn room.

jubeh
05-18-2012, 02:26 PM
My mom decided to clean my room randomly and ended up throwing away my income tax check. She is p daft in general though.

I found out that if the government sends you a check and you don't cash it after a certain time they just send you another one.

Hayashida
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
My mom decided to clean my room randomly and ended up throwing away my income tax check. She is p daft in general though.

I found out that if the government sends you a check and you don't cash it after a certain time they just send you another one.

thats p cool I dont think that happens here

Sylux
05-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah my mom doesn't clean my room she just yells at me about it.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 02:54 PM
I tidy my own damn room.
Same.

This is my room, and I keep it like this by cleaning it once or twice every day:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x96/Celestial-Fox/309957_1731452226432_1842300149_1139635_8117648_n. jpg

Sylux
05-18-2012, 03:02 PM
this is my room. i actually just cleaned it up yesterday it looks so much better now
http://i.imgur.com/Ht3Eq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mwrat.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kFLCz.jpg

edit: holy shit seefy's room is in my room

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I hate clutter, so I put everything in a place. If it doesn't have a place and is useless to me, I throw it away. People have always complained to me that my room is too "impersonal," but I don't like living in too "personal" places; it's weird for my (extremely utilitarian) tastes.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Sorry Ceef, but that looks a bit like a cell to me.

Anyways, I keep my room somewhat clean, to get used to that, because they expect you to keep your living space clean in Job Corp.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
You're not the first to tell me that, but my mom always taught me to keep things that clean.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 03:30 PM
I always felt the need to have a less than clean room, have some clothes scattered around, messy shelves, messed up counter, makes the room feel more, I don't know, cozy, ha ha ha.

GunZet
05-18-2012, 03:31 PM
The Main Area
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7682/cap1jh.jpg

The Battle Station
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4791/cap2qa.jpg

The Right Side/ Entry
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/478/cap3hx.jpg

Rear
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9343/cap4l.jpg

Sylux
05-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Gunzet bb u have the best room

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 04:30 PM
I would be afraid that the items in Gunz's room would try to devour me while I sleep. XD

jaidurn
05-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Woah nice rooms guys.

Seefy, that's a really neat and clean room. Like I probably would go nuts in there, but to each their own.

Sylux: That looks a load like my room normally does, just with a cleaner path to the bed.

Gunz: Full pro room right there.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 05:36 PM
I just noticed: Do you have multiple sticks of deodorant on your desk, Gunz? XD

And I like to keep an empty room so I have space to do stuff. I like to spread out my supplies on the floor to draw and stuff like that. c:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x96/Celestial-Fox/304230_1731455146505_1842300149_1139636_1585686_n. jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x96/Celestial-Fox/315755_1731457146555_1842300149_1139637_6385178_n. jpg

GunZet
05-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Lol yea, I got one that I've been meaning to throw away sitting on my desk, and a new one sitting on my Xbox xD.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey, at least you wear deodorant.

But loool, you should see my room right now. I just moved in to my parents' house for the summer, and it feels like I can't get any of my crap together. My mom's actually upset at me over it. XD

AlmanacnamedTime
05-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Seefy your room looks like i try to keep mine.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 05:54 PM
The best tidy-room tip I can give is to just clean as you go. Whenever you take something out, put it back before you do something else. Having drawers and storage bins help, too. In the room I'm in now (not pictured) I have two dressers: one for clothes, and one for art stuff. Make sure you make a habit of staying on top of stuff, and it'll always stay clean!

For example: Cleaning off one dish right after you finish eating (when the food is still soft and not-crusty) is easier than washing a mountain of the past week's dishes with hard to scrape gunk on it. Your room is the same way. If you clean stuff as you go along, it's not a daunting job. (: It's the buildup that becomes terrifying. XD

Sylux
05-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Gunzet's room is how I want mine to be so badly. I will have like, that room for me to just sit and be a putrid loser all day and then a super cool guest bedroom in the extremely rare case I bring a girlie home when I get an apt.

EDIT: Man I forgot to take a picture of my giant pile of foodtrash (just wrappers and boxes) before I threw it away

Son44
05-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Jai - that sucks big time....

That is the reason why I usually stick around when my mom cleans my room and if I'm away, I tell her not to throw away anything...

GunZet
05-18-2012, 06:07 PM
I wish I could clean my room up a bit more. But I'm just heavily unorganized, and my desk is covered in wires and tech shit and skateboard parts/tools. It's insane.
Dunno why ANYONE would wanna follow my example xD

Delphinus
05-18-2012, 06:28 PM
My room is covered in millions of pieces of paper. This is the end result of writing as a hobby and having to revise for 8 different exams.

Sylux
05-18-2012, 06:30 PM
pics or it didn't happen

AlmanacnamedTime
05-18-2012, 07:33 PM
The best tidy-room tip I can give is to just clean as you go. Whenever you take something out, put it back before you do something else. Having drawers and storage bins help, too. In the room I'm in now (not pictured) I have two dressers: one for clothes, and one for art stuff. Make sure you make a habit of staying on top of stuff, and it'll always stay clean!

For example: Cleaning off one dish right after you finish eating (when the food is still soft and not-crusty) is easier than washing a mountain of the past week's dishes with hard to scrape gunk on it. Your room is the same way. If you clean stuff as you go along, it's not a daunting job. (: It's the buildup that becomes terrifying. XD

you should know that its the brothers i share it with that are the problem.

Delphinus
05-18-2012, 08:08 PM
I like the empty bottles of beer that adorn my room. They're like reminders of my degradation.

Sylux
05-18-2012, 11:35 PM
I like the empty bottles of beer that adorn my room. They're like reminders of my degradation.

hey me too except they're kool-aid jammers

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-19-2012, 01:17 AM
i always get stck from my mum about how messy my room is, and every so often she'll march in and be like, "get the hell out of here, i'm cleaning it up NOW" befor that happens though i grab everthing remotley important/used quite often,the scarper.

she hasn't had to do that recently tho' cause i've managed to fly under her radar by cleaning one part of my room to a high standard once a week.

GunZet
05-19-2012, 01:23 AM
You guys that have your parents clean your room for you are both lucky and unlucky at the same time. I'd often just get bitchslapped and told to go clean my room up, and not to come out until it is.

Ah man, those were the days... no wait, no they weren't.

Celestial-Fox
05-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Sy: LOL

Gunz: Growing up, my mom was an unpredictable combination of two. XD THAT was scary.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-19-2012, 01:35 AM
I only ever go into my room to sleep so it's never a mess.

Mr_Liebe
05-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Once, when I really wanted to see a movie ,Godzilla((I was a kid, and it was a movie about a giant lizard wrecking havock, so back the hell off)) they told me I had to clean my room or I would be unable to see it. My room at the time was a complete mess, you could only see small sections of the floor, and it took me 3 hours to clean it..... I think I spent 2 just sitting on my bed mucking about with my action figures.

CypressDahlia
05-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Happened all the time when I was a teenager.

My mom: "This room is a mess, how are you supposed find anything in here?" / cleans room
Me: "Ugh you cleaned my room? How am I supposed to find anything in here?"

Mr_Liebe
05-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Did she also tell you that you need to put things in places you'll remember?

CypressDahlia
05-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Yes, which is really funny because I remember where things are based on where I put them, so naturally if she moves them elsewhere, I will have no idea where they are.

Mr_Liebe
05-19-2012, 01:56 AM
I know!!!! Damn, once I spent an hour looking for a pair of shoes I had placed somewhere where I'd remember, and eventually I found them in my closet... yeah, an hour, I think I must've been so angry that I wasn't thinking right, then again, I was like 8.

spidergoth
05-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Yes, which is really funny because I remember where things are based on where I put them, so naturally if she moves them elsewhere, I will have no idea where they are.

I’m the same way, some people don't understand an organized mess. My mom is a clean freak so generally I kept things organized at home but sometimes I’d have papers all over my desk and my mom assumed my room was dirty. Firstly it was only the desk that was cluttered, and secondly it wasn’t dirty I wipe under the papers and put them back how they originally were because it’s easier that way. Lol I remember my backpack in high school, I was notorious for it, people thought it was pretty funny that I would take like 2 seconds pulling out an assignment from my bag that looked like a pig-sty...I suppose it looked like a magician pulling a rabbit from a hat.

Celestial-Fox
05-19-2012, 02:28 AM
I only ever go into my room to sleep so it's never a mess.
I spend a massive majority of time in my room. >.>

Yeah, my mom helped me unpack this week, and now I can't find half of the items I came to the house with. D:

Mr_Liebe
05-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Well, they do this and that, but they only mean the very best, right?

Outcast
05-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Ook so the only camera I could working was shitty 3ds internal camera, these pictures are mirrored.
http://oi45.tinypic.com/4tnbpc.jpg
http://oi48.tinypic.com/2ag53e0.jpg
http://oi46.tinypic.com/19nwas.jpg

CypressDahlia
05-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Well hey, it's essentially their property so they can do as they like with it. But they should just come out and say that. It's annoying for parents to try to create the illusion of privacy when they'll ransack your room while you're at school without any qualms.

ClockHand
05-19-2012, 03:13 AM
I spend a massive majority of time in my room. >.>

I believe most of us spend our time like that.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-19-2012, 04:36 AM
my entertainment is based in my room, and since i don't have a desk, i try to keep my bed and floor(the only surfaces i can draw or do homework on) relativeley clean. i usually fail.

Celestial-Fox
05-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Well, they do this and that, but they only mean the very best, right?
I know my mom does. It really is nice of her to help me unpack, so no complaints! (:

Clock: I dunno. I don't have a TV or desktop hooked up in my room. I'm not very athletic, though, and my area doesn't have many other things to do, so I stay in my room a lot. I might take up biking, though. I did seven miles yesterday and it was nice. Not really sure what other MTers do with their time, though.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-19-2012, 05:30 AM
well, i play piano, make food for my bros, keep the little one out of trouble, draw, come on MT (well,duh!).....
all the usual i guess.

GunZet
05-19-2012, 05:33 AM
My room is crafted in a way so that I have everything in one main hub. As you can see, from the pictures. I have my Xbox, PSP, and physical PC games on a small shelf to my left, along with writing utensils.

On the right side of my desk, I have my Xbox, which is conveniently hooked up to my second monitor, so that all I have to do is turn it on, and switch input. A small speaker set is hooked up behind my laptop and monitor, so that I can hear sound from it.

I have my tablet on my desk, along with a USB hub for all my extra inputs. My iPod. And my two Xbox controllers, one for my laptop, and one for my 360. I have my second monitor hooked up to my laptop, working in extension mode. And a wireless keyboard and mouse underneath the desk on a sliding part.

Sunnuvabitch, I wish I had a bigger room for all this shit, really. I got about 15 broken skateboards in a pile on the floor beside me, and about four others propped up on a wall... I skate when I'm not playing games, drawing, internetting, or anything else.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-19-2012, 05:37 AM
why do you bother to keep all your broken boards? unless ther like you legacy or something....

i have a crazy amount of stuff i don't need in my room that is slowly and brutally being kicked out.

Inksprout
05-19-2012, 05:40 AM
When I was very young I had my room really messy and refused to clean it up. My mum literally came in with a garbages bag and put all my toys in it with the intention of throwing them all away as punishment, only my sister begging her not to saved those toys. Ever since I kept my room reasonably clean so she never had reason to go and clean it. When ever she did she apparently got freaked out because I would be things away but in random combinations that didn't make sense.

My mom rocked up to the place where I live now with my sister, as a 'surprise' she cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes. After she was really condesending being all like, OH it must be much cleaner now than you are used to! The only reason it was a mess is because it was my sisters turn to clean it -_-

GunZet
05-19-2012, 05:53 AM
why do you bother to keep all your broken boards? unless ther like you legacy or something....

i have a crazy amount of stuff i don't need in my room that is slowly and brutally being kicked out.

I keep them because... I don't know, they hold memories to me. I still have my first board, when I started doing my first tricks. Most of them aren't broken, just really beat up, but I keep the broken ones too. I've only given away/traded about two or three out of them all.
But that's off topic.

For some reason, my room just never stays clean. Like, I'll clean it the best I can one day, and it'll be back to crap in no time. I'm just such a cluttered person. Even my computer's desktop is all over the place.

Sylux
05-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Mothers who clean your rooms for you are babying you fools

Outcast
05-19-2012, 05:20 PM
As you can see my grandma does no such thing with my room.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-19-2012, 05:28 PM
My mom rocked up to the place where I live now with my sister, as a 'surprise' she cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes. After she was really condesending being all like, OH it must be much cleaner now than you are used to! The only reason it was a mess is because it was my sisters turn to clean it -_-

this happens to me every single week.

Celestial-Fox
05-19-2012, 05:35 PM
My mom does that to her 30-something-year-old sister, which is way uncool. But she doesn't really bother with me, because I do what I'm supposed to and get the heck out of her way. I only live with her for three months out of the year, anyway.

Inksprout
05-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah it's good not living with her anymore. I don't mind going to my parents for a visit but its always really weird and awkward when they come to my place

Mr_Liebe
05-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Be nice to have my own place, but damn it's expensive.

Psy
05-20-2012, 12:56 AM
I hate my bed. I have a queen sized bed and it takes up like half of my floor space maybe a little less. I don't even have the frame for the bed because it used to be my parents bed before they got a new one and the frame bent because it was old and janky. I want a futon or something but I'm broke allways and I would be spilling off of it more than likely, I'm just under 6' and sleep stretched out arms under my head.
I vary from sleeping flat on my side to sleeping sitting up off and on back and forth through out the night so a futon seems ideal to me.

Sylux
05-20-2012, 01:05 AM
I have a twin mattress with a rudimentary frame that I like very much for its simplicity, along with excellent sheets and a featherbed. Since I haven't made my bed since 2010 it feels like a motherfucking bird's nest made of pillows and it's really amazing.

Celestial-Fox
05-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Be nice to have my own place, but damn it's expensive.
I knowww, I can't wait to live outside the house full-time. I'll probably start working near/on the oil fields next summer (two weeks on, two weeks off) in order to get out the house and save more money.

Inksprout: Why is it awkward?

Sy: I sleep on an extra long twin mattress at university and a full at my parents' house.

Psy: Have you tried propping it up against a wall during the day?

Mr_Liebe
05-20-2012, 02:28 AM
I have a queen size bed, I think, is a good size for me, as I'm not very tall.

As, I said, it's very expensive, but I think after finishing my education, I might be able to get a good enough job to afford a, well a place that's not too terrible.

Sylux
05-20-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm gonna be living with my mum until I ca save up at least a few thousand and a guaranteed transfer in my store to San Jose, CA. I'm still debating on college, but I really wanna live on the west coast.

Inksprout
05-20-2012, 11:19 AM
seefy: I'm not sure why, its like they expect me to entertain them or something. Moving out means we don't have every little thing thet would have at their house and we don't have a lot of seating, just a couch and our desk chairs. So it just feels weird showing that to my parents, like yeah here is my place, I have hardly any stuff

Mr_Liebe
05-20-2012, 12:23 PM
The recession really killed my plans.

jaidurn
05-20-2012, 10:00 PM
My bed is a nice deep queen. I sleep on it diagonally so I can fit but I really like it. @_@

Outcast
05-20-2012, 11:49 PM
My feet poke off the edge of my bed.

Blue_Dragon
05-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Man, reading some of you guys' posts...makes me glad for my mom. Grandma used to snoop through her room and throw her cigarettes away (and try to find her pot, which she hid inside a Buddha statue she had.) So...my mom never looked through my stuff. We always had to pick up after ourselves...it was just part of our routine. We weren't like spotless, but we had to pick up and keep things neat. When I was a teen, and I finally got my own room, she made me clean it a few times...but my room usually looked like a bomb went off. Until I got sick of the mess (well, except when I got my own little dogs that stayed in my room when the big dogs were inside, I just kept it clean on my own so they wouldn't sleep on/chew/mess up my stuff.)

My dad wasn't home often, and when he was, he steered clear his teen-aged girls' rooms. I'm pretty sure he was scared of getting lost in female...stuff. He let mom take care of most of the child raising (thankfully.)

Outcast
05-21-2012, 01:40 AM
I really should clean my room. (If all the cobwebs are any indication).

EDIT: And fix the wall.

GunZet
05-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Cobwebs are usually a good sign something has to change, man.

Celestial-Fox
05-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I agree, man. o___o

Outcast
05-22-2012, 12:24 AM
BTW How do I go about fixing this anyway?
http://oi48.tinypic.com/24ezypc.jpg

Evil_Cake
05-22-2012, 12:43 AM
put a poster over it

Outcast
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM
...But what if I rip it off by accident when I'm asleep?

jaidurn
05-22-2012, 10:21 AM
A reaaaally big hole patcher thing. You should be able to get them from Home Depot. I'm not sure what sizes they have though.

Celestial-Fox
05-22-2012, 10:54 AM
That looks like you'll need actual sheetrock to fix (instead of plaster). How the heck did that happen? Water damage? :<

jaidurn
05-22-2012, 10:57 AM
I feel like Outcast just has all this pent up rage and then just released it into the wall. He's gonna be the first hulk

Outcast
05-22-2012, 11:07 AM
I feel like Outcast just has all this pent up rage and then just released it into the wall. He's gonna be the first hulk

This is mostly accurate. I didn't really hit all that hard though...

Oh yeah there's this little spot where the wood is broken what would I do to fix that?

Rio
05-22-2012, 11:50 AM
AFAIK, duct tape is your friend in DIY situations. ;p

Sylux
05-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Goddammit you use plaster you fools

Mr_Liebe
05-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Lol, I have a similar problem, I got pissed and punched a whole in the wall with my left hand, forgot why I was so angry, though.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-22-2012, 08:08 PM
i did that with a window. it wasnt so good for my hand.

Sylux
05-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Man this is not something to be proud of you fools

Mr_Liebe
05-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I broke my share of windows, with rocks of course, wasn't pissed, the cool kids were doing it.

Who said I was proud? Was pretty upset that I had lost my temper like that. I really don't like being so angry, can be a bit scary, you know?

AlmanacnamedTime
05-22-2012, 08:12 PM

i never said i was proud of it. the only reason I know for sure i got it was all the witnessess.

Sylux
05-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I broke my share of windows, with rocks of course, wasn't pissed, the cool kids were doing it.

Who said I was proud? Was pretty upset that I had lost my temper like that. I really don't like being so angry, can be a bit scary, you know?

man u said lol so obvi u were proud of it

Mr_Liebe
05-22-2012, 08:17 PM
I lol'd to hide my disappointment in my actions.

I wish I was mentally stronger as a kid, if I was... well, I wouldn't have made so many stupid mistakes.

Delphinus
05-23-2012, 03:52 AM

Deal with it. Rock and roll. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBVNJSNCS3Y

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-23-2012, 04:01 AM
someday, i really want to punch through a wall or a window just to see if i can. same thoughts about hitting a person to see their reaction. i'd only hit a person in my sparring classes or if i had explicit permission from them, though.

i live in a lockwood, so punching the wall does absolutley nothing except potentially break ur knuckles.

Celestial-Fox
05-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Goddammit you use plaster you fools
> BLAST HOLE THROUGH WALL
> "OH YEAH MANG, PUT SOME PLASTER ON IT, DAWG."

Sylux
05-23-2012, 05:42 AM
> BLAST HOLE THROUGH WALL
> "OH YEAH MANG, PUT SOME PLASTER ON IT, DAWG."

I HAVE WITH EXPERIENCE WITH THESE THINGS YOU BUY A SPECIAL METALLIC-LOOKING SHEET THAT HAS STICKY STUFF ON THE BOTTOM KIND OF LIKE A STICKER AND YOU PLACE IT OVER THE HOLE, SPREAD SOME DRYWALL COMPOUND ON IT AND LAY IT ON THICK SO YOU CAN'T SEE THE METAL SHEET ANYMORE AND THEN SAND IT DOWN UNTIL IT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE AN EVEN WALL AND THEN YOU PAINT IT

jaidurn
05-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Sylux, that only works if you break through the plaster and stuff. Not if you actually break the wood. Calm down, please.

Rio
05-23-2012, 10:37 AM
If you don't use duct tape, use wood glue. Assuming the wood pieces are still close enough to be glued together anyways. :\

Celestial-Fox
05-23-2012, 04:18 PM
I agree with Rio; wood glue could be a good fix, or at least temporarily. But yeah, I wouldn't put plaster or anything down unless you've done anything about the wood first. (:

Outcast
05-23-2012, 04:30 PM
So umm the wood piece that broke off is actually connected to the nail and the nail is bent too. Do I just bend it and back and with what, a hammer?

Sylux
05-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Better off replacing that nail

Sconethief
05-24-2012, 03:02 AM
My mom leaves my room alone for the most part, she usually bothers me and my twin enough to get us to clean it every time it gets real dirty.

Celestial-Fox
05-24-2012, 06:29 AM
Today:

Mom goes into my neat stack of console games in the living room while I'm at work.
Puts them into a bin
Hides them in the shed
"You don't need those."

Um
well
lady
you see
I haven't even finished some of those.

Matt
05-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Your mom is so hard to understand.

Same concept, different story: a year or two ago, my mom took all my games rated T or M and hid them in her desk. I found them and talked to her about it, and we came to an understanding.

Regardless, I've gone almost completely digital. I think taking a week to download a game is worth not losing it in the near future.

Rio
05-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Regardless, I've gone almost completely digital. I think taking a week to download a game is worth not losing it in the near future.I could say the same in reverse. I keep out of print books because they're out of print and hard to find digitally or in printed format. <_<

Outcast
05-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Fuck, well now tomorrow house appraisers are coming over, so now I have to clean this mess up and cover up that hole.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Keep them out of your room at all cost. :/

Afrobit
05-25-2012, 03:36 PM
I have no real actual room until college starts this coming fall. (Having an apartment. <3)

I can't wait to decorate it!

Guize, help me find some pirate themed kitchen stuff because that's my school's mascot.

Outcast
05-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Ha it worked.
http://oi49.tinypic.com/15foo6w.jpg