PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Backlist

Mr_Liebe
05-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Is there any drawing that you wanted to do, but haven't, because you didn't have the time, or you were to focused on other things like school or other projects?

This part of the post has spoilers to the movie Neverending story, so yeah.

I've been wanting to draw a scene from one of my favorite movies, The Neverending Story. It's the scene where Bastian flies into his home town on Falcor and chases after the bullies who threw him into the dumpster at the beginning of the movie. It'd be drawn from in front of the three boys, with them running down the alley, with Falcor and Bastian chasing after them. I'm holding off on doing this, because, it's some what of a complicated piece, and I've never done any perspective works, so I'm holding off until I've gained some skill with perspective drawing.

corastaur
05-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Yup I have one. I was inspired by something I learned in one of my classes. It was basically that often for girls with anorexia, if not for every girl with anorexia, when they look in the mirror their brains basically register a distorted version of their reflection so they actually see themselves as fatter than they are in reality. I wanted to draw a picture of an extremely skinny/bony girl looking sadly at a fatter reflection of herself. I started it, but I didn't have time and I got distracted with other projects. Also it wasn't turning out the way I wanted. *sigh*

Sylux
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah I've been meaning to draw this picture of a triangle but I've been really busy with intensive anatomy studies so I haven't gotten around to it yet

GunZet
05-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Been meaning to draw this guy for the past two years I think
http://static1.money.pl/i/galeria/230/8/18918/corey,taylor,z,zespolu,slipknot.jpg

Mr_Liebe
05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
What's his name from SlipKnot? Corey something?

GunZet
05-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Corey Taylor.

CypressDahlia
05-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Everything is on my backlist now because GB is down.

GunZet
05-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Maaan, I remember when you used to use GIMP, what happened :c

CypressDahlia
05-16-2012, 11:14 PM
These days I just use GIMP for effects and editing. haha.

Mr_Liebe
05-17-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm a big fan of Outlaw Star, and one of the people who couldn't wait to see a second season((Sadly, we only got Angel Links, meh)), and one of the projects I'd like to do is a fan art drawing... well, I suppose it'd be more of a tribute drawing, of one of those awesome pieces you see in the show's credits. There's quite a few that I could attempt to draw, that I could never really decide which one to try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1508RBx2w

Heres a vid of them.

Sutari
05-17-2012, 01:25 AM
12 unfinished DA character requests
Sabrina (pokemon) for ObitualCrow
Hevisa art for Kodos
a speedpaint of Teen Titans (wanting to do that for a while)
art trade with Sparky (havent worked it out yet)

I don't have enough hands to get it all done, and now that gb is down, i can't slack off and doodle... how do i learn flash AND do manga character design with all those projects... I NEED A CLONING MACHINE

(am I doing it wrong?)

Mr_Liebe
05-17-2012, 02:01 AM
There really isn't a wrong way.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-17-2012, 03:13 AM
rough sketches and character designs. based off real people. yay.

Sylux
05-17-2012, 06:50 AM
12 unfinished DA character requests
Sabrina (pokemon) for ObitualCrow
Hevisa art for Kodos
a speedpaint of Teen Titans (wanting to do that for a while)
art trade with Sparky (havent worked it out yet)

I don't have enough hands to get it all done, and now that gb is down, i can't slack off and doodle... how do i learn flash AND do manga character design with all those projects... I NEED A CLONING MACHINE

(am I doing it wrong?)

Flash is mad easy son all you even need is brush and bucket

Son44
05-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Doing two coloured portraits of the main cast from Cowboy Bebop. I finished Spike a year ago....

Mr_Liebe
07-12-2012, 11:46 PM
I'd like to draw kind've a street background, and in the center have a beautiful women bending down, readjusting the strap of one of her high heeled shoe like.... uh this

http://img3.photographersdirect.com/img/30770/wm/pd2822162.jpg

JJJorgie
07-13-2012, 12:00 AM
A boy fighting a scarred, evil looking bear and have the words from the beginning of the movie Pooh's Grand Adventure "Once upon the last day of a golden summer there was a boy and a bear with a firey BG.

Mr_Liebe
07-13-2012, 12:09 AM
You might recall how I drew that once scene from the Neverending Story, with Bastian riding on Falcor all "YEEEEEEAAAAAAH!"? I'd like to re-draw that as it was pretty.... meh.... also I'd like to draw these scene of him and Falcor chasing the bullies down the alley, cause that was just so awesome, ha ha ha.

eltoroguaco
07-19-2012, 12:57 PM
in May 16th 2010, Rock legend Ronnie James Dio died. From that day, I wanted to draw a memorial picture of him. Was thinking of a gravestone shaped like the devil horns (Which was btw, introduced into the rock and metal genre by Dio himself back in the early 70s) with a nice memorial title over it, some trees on the sides, flowers on the grave and a text to represent him on the gravestone as well as a scripted picture of a scuba diver with a halo and angel wings.

But I wasn't good enough since I started drawing the same year and in time, I forgot about it and now I have too much in mind... But it could still be an idea for next may.