PDA

View Full Version : Comics you: stop reading, hate reading and want to keep reading.

ClockHand
05-15-2012, 08:24 PM
So what comics have you read and suddenly stop for different reasons (like, no scanlations, no more new numbers on the store, etc), you hated to read and you want to keep reading but you stopped for different reasons?

Stop reading: The Breaker: New Wave, mostly because at the end of the first saga, everything become bullshit, and the new one is awkward and weird and is really not provocative to read. O an the one of the werewolf, I stopped because the character become pretty damn boring.

Hated reading: Bamboo Blade.

Want to keep reading: Runaways, but there are no new numbers on store )=.

Sylux
05-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Stopped: Bakuman. I finished up the chapters to the latest point last summer and just never checked for new ones.

Hated: Bleach. Maaaaaaaaan

Want to keep reading: KENICHI AHHHHHHHHHHH

Evil_Cake
05-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Want to keep reading: KENICHI AHHHHHHHHHHH
are u srs uhhhhg

Sylux
05-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Do I look like I'm not totally serious

jubeh
05-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Stop reading: Hitman reborn for obvious reasons

Hated reading: P much everything I can think of

Want to keep reading: Soten kouro. Hasn't updated in ages.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-16-2012, 04:24 AM
stopped reading:ghost hunt, because it got all dramatic and bullshit, instead of focusing on the mysteries
hated reading: the twilight graphic novel. for pretty obvious reasons, and the reason i read it in the first place was i liked the art style, but i found so many mistakes.....
want to keep reading: tsubasa and xxxholic ro, both by CLAMP. my library doesn't have the rest of the series T-T

Matt
05-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Stopped reading: Naruto and Bleach.
Hated reading: Bleach and Wolfsmund.
Wanna keep reading: Wolfsmund and Kenichi.

I don't hate Naruto, but it's so long and daunting and I don't really enjoy it enough to keep up with it. Stopped reading Bleach because I don't like it when heroes start the story extremely powerful and I suddenly realized there was higher-quality entertainment available. Went to Wolfsmund, loved the writing to death, but got depressed because it was a depressing story. Kenichi is a safe medium, as the writing is meh, but the characters are relatable and likable and it's all happy and stuff. I'm currently re-reading it for the seventh time.

That said, I'm starting to have the same complaints about Kenichi as I have with a lot of manga: one scene taking up way too many chapters. Among others, but I can forgive it because I actually want to see Kenichi become a master. I couldn't care less about Naruto or Ichigo. Well, maybe Naruto a bit. Kenichi still wins though.

Evil_Cake
05-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Wanna keep reading: Kenichi.y?

Sylux
05-16-2012, 03:54 PM
cuz it's so good. you could not understand because you are the world's worst space doctor.

Evil_Cake
05-16-2012, 03:56 PM
ys it good?

jubeh
05-16-2012, 04:06 PM
I read a few chapters of that its the worst

Sylux
05-16-2012, 04:14 PM
it's pretty fun to read. Kenichi is a pretty cool guy and I'm interested to watch him grow. makes me think I can beeee the strooongest

Matt
05-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Yes, it's the growth. I know there are a lot of things about it that are objectively terrible (i.e. Miu's old classmates were jealous of her because she was more attractive than them), but I get a sense of progression from Kenichi that I rarely ever get. That and he's a relatable character, even as he stands now.

No, it's not thought-provoking or realistic or philosophical or anything, but it's fun to read. Also, recording three hours of an evil laugh on a dummy CD is the best evil plan ever.

GunZet
05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Stopped: Tenjho Tenge. I made it to about volume 14 almost 2 years ago, and that shit was like an overdose of pure action. I was reading about a volume a day, and I just slowly stopped around the middle of 14, cause shit was getting insane. Like a fight every couple of pages, someone blowing up, or losing a limb. Jeeeeeezus.

Hated: Spawn. I mean, I loooooove Spawn, but I couldn't read much of the comic. It just got boring after a bit of him bitching; ohhhh I'm dead this, omg Wanda that. Stfu and go kill some bitches with supernatural chains, damn, it's not- that- hard.

Want to: I wanna pick up where I left off on Priest. Thing is, I don't remember where I left off at.

Renzokuken
05-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Stopped: Bakuman & Naruto. I stopped reading Bakuman at around Chapter 109. Forgot why- busy I think. I stopped reading Naruto because...well...just.

Hated: Ichigo 100%. Seriously don't know why I stuck with it for longer than the first 20 chapters (which admittedly weren't so bad) because it really started getting boring and getting older and seeing 15 year-old girls' panties every two pages made me just stop altogether.
Letter Bee. Argh, too soft.

Want to keep reading: Claymore. Last time I was with it, it was pretty freaking crazy. Its freakiness with the Yoma, Awakened Ones, etc made me really like it. I think I stopped after One Manga went down and since then I've read about a chapter or two but haven't got back to it.

Sylux
05-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah man 15 is just too pedo-ish. I'm only 16 and even I wouldn't go for a girl that was 15 or younger.

Matt
05-17-2012, 09:30 PM
I thought you were older than me, Sylux. At the same time, I knew you were sixteen. I'm mental.

I should have mentioned Tenjou Tenge, too. Seriously, Oh! Great needs to find himself a writer, because his art is insane in the good way and his stories are insane in the bad way.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-17-2012, 11:37 PM
You guys who dropped Bakuman are missing out in ways and not missing anything in other ways. It had a really good build up to the finale, but the finale was pretty lame.