PDA

View Full Version : Hunger Games to Dethklok

Pages : [1] 2

Sylux
05-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Okay so I watched the Hunger Games but see thing is I didn't actually watch it. I just put my headphones and and put Dethklok on shuffle. So can anybody explain to me everything the fuck that happened? Put it all in spoilers I guess or something but I'm not going to watch it so don't like leave anything out because of that.

Wait actually we should start a thing. Go to the movies and listen to music. Yeah imma go see the new Twilight and listen to Cannibal Corpse.

jubeh
05-12-2012, 11:16 PM
naw

Evil_Cake
05-12-2012, 11:20 PM
no that sux

corastaur
05-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Ugh Sy how could you ju... why would you... i just... gah! 3:< *sigh* you shoulda just watched it man.

Although watching movies to music does sound like fun... I approve of doing that to twilight, but the hunger games is just too close to my heart.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-12-2012, 11:23 PM
good movies = no
sucky movies i get forced to watch? = OHH YESSS!

GunZet
05-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I'll watch this
http://www.disneydreaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Miley-Cyrus-LOL-Audition.jpg
While listening to some Cryptopsy.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-12-2012, 11:32 PM
how could you do that to the hunger games! boo hoo T-T. both the movie and books are excellent!

though i approve of twilight. nothing important is said anyways.

corastaur
05-12-2012, 11:39 PM
lol

also, because even tho you can look it up on wikipedia, you did ask.
Cora's Hunger Games Sum:

The Gov. (aka the capitol) sucks and wants to punish everyone for rebelling like ages ago, so they make them send two kids to die every year.
Only they don't just die, they have to kill all the other kids first.
Only they aren't just fighting the other kids, they also have to avoid the shit the "game makers" throw at them. This includes flaming balls of fire, freakish giant dog things, and evil hallucinogenic wasps.
Enter our main characters, Katniss and Peeta. Yes... Peeta like pita the bread thing. He's also the son of a baker... *sigh*
Katniss volunteers to go and die because her sister was picked and it would suck to watch your sister killed on tv. Although, you know... now her sister has to watch the same thing.
So Katniss and Peeta are the tributes for district 12. They go to the capitol, get paraded around in a pageant of sorts, and go off to the arena to kill each other. Peeta says he loves Katniss - enter romance for the teenage girls - and gets sympathy from the audience.
Lots of fighting and shizz later, there's a rule change that two people from the same district can win. Katniss and Peeta team up and end up being the last ones standing. They're all set to win when the head honchos pull a twist and revoke the rule, hoping one of them kills the other.
Instead they decide to pull a romeo and juliet suicide thing and are stopped at the last minute. They win *yay* and go back to the capitol where there's a celebration. (even though like... 22 kids just died earlier in the story)
The President is pissed off at Katniss for standing up to him with the suicide stunt, which conveniently carries the plot over into the second book/movie.
In all of the middle stuff there was lots of fighting and action (guyz) and hugs and kisses (girls). Aaaand a sort of social commentary on how messed up our society is in terms of war and our rich entitled ways (adults).
Fin.

Feel free to add anything I left out that you think is important. :)

ClockHand
05-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Dunno, Tzvety told me it wasn't that good (the movie), so I'm going to wait to watch it in other moment.

toast
05-12-2012, 11:42 PM
So can anybody explain to me everything the fuck that happened? Put it all in spoilers I guess or something but I'm not going to watch it so don't like leave anything out because of that.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+hunger+games+summary

The movie was not that good anyway. Character development and relationships (you learn pretty much nothing about Rue) were not translated very well, parts were changed without point. Jennifer Lawrence did a cool job acting, though.

corastaur
05-12-2012, 11:44 PM
I actually thought it was surprisingly good. The thing is it's not exactly a happy movie... The first time I watched it I left kind of depressed

ClockHand
05-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I believe everyone should watch or read Battle Royal.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-12-2012, 11:45 PM
look, i like the movie cause it is tru to the books, and has a disturbing reality-tv quality that i find cool :3.
the books were still better

ClockHand
05-12-2012, 11:46 PM
look, i like the movie cause it is tru to the books

Reason enough to like a movie.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-12-2012, 11:48 PM
actually, yes. they fucked shit up when they did the percy jackson movies. those pissed me off for two whole weeks after i first saw it. worst. movie of a book. EVER

corastaur
05-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Reason enough to like a movie.

agreed, but... I do get really excited when a movie is true to the book. Especially since they ruined a couple of books I liked when I was younger (i'm lookin at you Eragon and Series of Unfortunate Events!)
Of course that excitement wears off if the movie itself isn't very good...

GunZet
05-12-2012, 11:50 PM
actually, yes. they fucked shit up when they did the percy jackson movies. those pissed me off for two whole weeks after i first saw it. worst. movie of a book. EVER

FUCK THEM, they ruined my favorite book series ever in one movie, wtf were they thinking!? I demand a remake, done the RIGHT way.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-12-2012, 11:51 PM
yeah.... but the hunger games movie wasn't that bad... at least, in my opinion.
books are always better as books, and books of movies just suck.

@gunz: all in favour say I!

I!!!

GunZet
05-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Books of movies suck, but books of games are surprisingly alright.

ClockHand
05-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Steven King was also angry at Sunshine. And you know what? people love it. Why? because a movie doesn't have to be like the book, just look at the Clockwork Orange, the movie is not equal to the book, why is that? because it doesn't need to be like the book, and because its a movie, a different medium, and as such, you can explore new angles (or just focus on one angle) of the subjects the book deals.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-12-2012, 11:55 PM
ella enchanted. i dont know why i read that. and princess diaries. that was on audio.

jubeh
05-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Apparently chuck palahniuk thought the fight club movie was better than his book.

Books of movies suck, but books of games are surprisingly alright.

Which ones are you talking about

GunZet
05-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Mainly the Halo books, and some of the Warhammer books, though those are just lore-based, I think.

@Clock: Depends though, the Percy Jackson movie got fucked up cause he needed to be a certain age, and they made him wayyy older. In the lats book, I think he's just turning 16, Lightning Thief is the first, and by naming it 'Lightning Thief' you assume they're going to follow at least important parts of the book series, so that they can do the rest correctly. NOPE.

ClockHand
05-12-2012, 11:58 PM
I like Chuck Palahniuks humor in his books, and The Fight Club portrayed in a very nice way his humor and the way he does his narrative. Don't know if its better, but I can say I enjoy both (more the movie for biased reasons).

WhenRabbitsAttack
movies can be a new way to explore the story, but it is a much more limited medium in some ways. there are time restrictions, budget, equipment..... most of these('cept for budget) don't apply to books, however, books can't give you a direct visual

toast
agreed, but... I do get really excited when a movie is true to the book. Especially since they ruined a couple of books I liked when I was younger (i'm lookin at you Eragon and Series of Unfortunate Events!)
Of course that excitement wears off if the movie itself isn't very good...

Were you not annoyed by the fact that it was district 11 starting to riot first, and not district 8? what about madge not giving the pin to katniss, or not even being in the movie at all? how about rue not saying anything about her district? wheres the avox girl? octavius, flenia, and venius not being strong characters? haymitch not being drunk as hell? AND most importantly, buttercup wasnt fucking orange, bro! What is the point of the name buttercup if the cat is black and white?!

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:01 AM
I like Chuck Palahniuks humor in his books, and The Fight Club portrayed in a very nice way his humor and the way he does his narrative. Don't know if its better, but I can say I enjoy both (more the movie for biased reasons).

I love the book but it is full of problems. For instance what is the narrators job? He says he works for an insurance company but then he does presentations for microsoft? Its an artifact left from the original fight club short story that I guess he forgot to change.

corastaur
05-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Were you not annoyed by the fact that it was district 11 starting to riot first, and not district 8? what about madge not giving the pin to katniss, or not even being in the movie at all? how about rue not saying anything about her district? wheres the avox girl? octavius, flenia, and venius not being strong characters? haymitch not being drunk as hell? AND most importantly, buttercup wasnt fucking orange, bro! What is the point of the name buttercup if the cat is black and white?!

I actually was at first, but the more I thought about it the more I liked the movie. Even though they didn't stay true to all the little details, and I did really miss madge and the fact that rue wasn't nearly as developed as I'd have liked, I felt like they stayed true to the overall feel/atmosphere of the books. And they didn't really mess up any major plot points, so the future movies shouldn't be affected. You gotta admit though, the district 11 riot scene was pretty awesome. I was touched.

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 12:04 AM
movies can be a new way to explore the story, but it is a much more limited medium in some ways.

WAT

there are time restrictions

Untrue, a nice planed movie can be filmed in 3 weeks, even less.

budget

False, in pre-production you can state the budget and make the plans for the film. Even if you want to make something crazy as a Next Harry Potter serie or some shit like that, you can make it work with low budget. If you don't trust me go and Watch Call of Cuthluh movie, its a very well done movie with low budget.

equipment

Again, this is resolved on budget and pre-production.

most of these('cept for budget) don't apply to books, however, books can't give you a direct visual

Movies are not limited, they are a complete medium that can work in very fascinating ways. Budget and equipment are always resolved by the creativity of the director to tackle the story, and many times these problems make the director and art directors in other cases, more creative and do a better job at the illustration of the story in the theater.

Sylux
05-13-2012, 12:05 AM
The thing with Rue was not sad to me. I feel like I did not know her as a character.

WhenRabbitsAttack
as was said before, they have time restrictions,toast. if they stayed completley true to the books, that movie would have been three hours long. not in my attention span, thanks.

clock, by time, i meant how long the finished movie is.

GunZet
The bigger the budget, the longer you'll take on a movie, and vice versa, so it seems.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Toast are you familiar with the magical negro trope.

http://joamette.tumblr.com/post/20178295147/pretty-upset-about-rue-and-thresh

Rue only exists to be magical and black

GunZet
05-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Green Mile.

corastaur
05-13-2012, 12:08 AM
The thing with Rue was not sad to me. I feel like I did not know her as a character.

That was probably the thing that I complained about most after the movie. I didn't cry at that scene... I cry at most sad scenes in movies, so that says a lot. (this includes toy story 3... and finding neverland) I definitely wish they had spent more time developing Rue's character in the movie, and letting us get attached to her.

toast
05-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I actually was at first, but the more I thought about it the more I liked the movie. Even though they didn't stay true to all the little details, and I did really miss madge and the fact that rue wasn't nearly as developed as I'd have liked, I felt like they stayed true to the overall feel/atmosphere of the books. And they didn't really mess up any major plot points, so the future movies shouldn't be affected. You gotta admit though, the district 11 riot scene was pretty awesome. I was touched.

Hmm I see what you mean. Personally, I felt those details (except for the cat) were actually quite important in letting the viewer understand the characters better, showing the wrath of the Capitol, and most importantly, tying into the second book (or movie, in this case). And I do agree that the riot scene was still pretty rad and made sense, but a pretty traumatic scene comes up in the next book that involves district 11. District 8's riot had purpose too, because it sparked events that happened later in the second book that were quite important and lead to certain clues. So because of all this, I'm not sure how good the next movie will be (because from all this popularity, they are definitely making a second movie).

EDIT: gimme a second to read that, jubeh

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 12:10 AM
that is true, but all characters beside the main are incidental, they are created to help finish the story, however they may do so.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:13 AM
wat

Sylux
05-13-2012, 12:15 AM
The fuck. Are you serious. They are incidental. Play a JRPG and tell me your party members are incidental. Hell, you can choose to not take them on quests right? So they must just be there for you right?

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Hey mom4fuyn read my post.

toast
05-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Whenrabbitsattack:
And all of these characters perform actions and have a relationship with the main character that drives the story. If one of these characters is changed or remove, then the story is also changed in some way.

I've actually thought about this, and it's hilarious. And what's funnier is, some people don't even know Rue and Thresh are black until either someone tells them or they watch the movie, then they rage. I figured the author suddenly thought at one point "wait, theres no black people in this story, people will think I'm racist" and made these characters. She also seemed to devote all of district 11 to black people.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:22 AM
To be fair a lot of white writers do that. I believe its called white until proven otherwise.

Sylux
05-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Mashed Potato Johnson

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 12:24 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ubvoN79i1qdyc0to1_r2_500.gif

toast
05-13-2012, 12:25 AM
It's pretty funny, and it makes sense since most white people (including me) think every character is white until some clue points to them being black. I wonder if it's the other way around for black people, or the media has influenced their minds so much that they think every character is white.

EDIT: I approve of your post, reloj

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 12:25 AM
they writer is the one who decides on the side characters, and the only reason the are included is for the story's progression. it is feaseaible that you could create an entire story based on a single person, and all incidental characters being inanimate objects or personal demons.

toast
05-13-2012, 12:27 AM
they writer is the one who decides on the side characters, and the only reason the are included is for the story's progression. it is feaseaible that you could create an entire story based on a single person, and all incidental characters being inanimate objects or personal demons.

It would be a pretty boring story, unless you can prove me otherwise. Not sure how this relates to the movie vs book

ClockHand
mom4fun, read my post and reply if you dare (about budget and that shit).

jubeh
It's pretty funny, and it makes sense since most white people (including me) think every character is white until some clue points to them being black. I wonder if it's the other way around for black people, or the media has influenced their minds so much that they think every character is white.

EDIT: I approve of your post, reloj

I assume characters are white because that's what the media has taught me to expect. I can't help but think if america made a movie about romance of the three kingdoms they'd get orlando bloom to play liu bei.

Sylux
05-13-2012, 12:28 AM
No that would be shitty. A guy named Poe did it and he could only pull it off for 15 pages and in a poem.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 12:34 AM
okay, i don't mean a full length drama on a single persons struggles. LAME. there is a short film calkked have a nice day about an old man who is the last surviving person on earth. i haven't watched it, but obviously there are no sentient creatures he would interact with, but this short still managed to win an award.

Sylux
05-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Alright mayma just reply to Clock's post already.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Xxbng.jpg

GunZet
05-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I lol'd.

toast
05-13-2012, 12:37 AM
I assume characters are white because that's what the media has taught me to expect. I can't help but think if america made a movie about romance of the three kingdoms they'd get orlando bloom to play liu bei.

Hmm..then why doesn't america just make a more diverse cast when it comes to movies, and steer away from stereotypes? Like I don't know why it's hard to make the main character an unstereotypical black person, in a movie nothing about race. If that's done more often, maybe we won't need "white until proven otherwise".

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 12:37 AM
BTW i read your post clock. before you started telling me to read it.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Hmm..then why doesn't america just make a more diverse cast when it comes to movies, and steer away from stereotypes? Like I don't know why it's hard to make the main character an unstereotypical black person, in a movie nothing about race. If that's done more often, maybe we won't need "white until proven otherwise".

The belief is that audiences are primarily white and white people have trouble relating to people of color.

GunZet
05-13-2012, 12:39 AM
"white until proven otherwise".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh8zcbC_Dcw

Sylux
05-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Yeah I have trouble relating to Chinese people

toast
05-13-2012, 12:41 AM
gunz, that is the most fitting title for you, in fact.

The belief is that audiences are primarily white and white people have trouble relating to people of color.

white people are dumb, then

Inksprout
05-13-2012, 12:42 AM
I actually saw the movie before reading the books, so I didn't know anything about how it was 'supposed' to be. I thought it was really well done, and I DID cry in the sad parts, especially with Rue. Perhaps its not the the film is bad, but you are just comparing it too heavily to the book. I think thats a danger with any movie based on a book. I thought it was translated very well from book to movie, although after reading the books I'm also a little doubtful about some of the characters they excluded, and how they will continue the story without it. I'm glad they didn't make Hamish as much of a drunk in the film, I don't think it would have carried well. When I was reading the books I found his character a bit over the top and unbelievable so I'm glad they toned him down in the film.

Sylux
05-13-2012, 12:43 AM

Ya

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:44 AM

Well I said it was the belief.

The MPAA recently announced that Latinos make up 25 percent of moviegoers. In fact, the average Latino moviegoer sees 5.3 movies a year, compared to 3.7 movies per year for African Americans and 3.5 movies per year for white moviegoers. In other words, people of color go to the movies more than white people.

corastaur
05-13-2012, 12:44 AM

white people are dumb... and subconsciously racist. Fun fact, (if I remember it correctly lol) people from birth are biased towards faces of their own race.

GunZet
05-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Does that mean the theaters are looking a lot darker these days?

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 12:45 AM
RACISIM!

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 12:47 AM
fuck, reply to the fucking post.

toast
05-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Well I said it was the belief.

Maybe latinos enjoy movies more in general. I mean, look at clock. He won't go a week without telling everyone to watch something

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Yeah whats the deal with that guy

GunZet
05-13-2012, 12:49 AM
True.

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Go watch Casa de mi Padre. you fuckers.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Way to go for stereotypes man

WhenRabbitsAttack
clock, you realise that i am just playing with your mind now.

GunZet
Ogod, I'm just waiting for Clock to pounce on this.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:53 AM
clock, you realise that i am just playing with your mind now.

Ahahahaha

huehuehuehue

ClockHand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c4mR93GWcI

mom4fun@ are you aware that I'm playing with my dick ;)

jubeh
He actually is Im looking at him right now

toast
05-13-2012, 12:54 AM
mom4fun@ are you aware that I'm playing with my dick ;)

http://i.imgur.com/mL9lv.jpg

GunZet
Ya'll should watch this
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY2MTAxMDUyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTk1NjMyMQ@@._ V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

jubeh
Man we got dudes stealin gifs

toast
05-13-2012, 12:56 AM
reddit is like a sea of gifs, and the gifs are free to catch

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 12:56 AM
yeah, i shoulda seen that coming. ew.

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 12:57 AM
there is more to came.

GunZet
You shoulda seen that cumming, eh? Interesting.

jubeh
reddit is like a sea of gifs, and the gifs are free to catch

http://i.imgur.com/FpmrV.gif

corastaur
:cat_exasperated:

toast
there is more to came.

THERE IS MORE TO CAME

jubeh
05-13-2012, 12:58 AM
There is more

Cameing soon

GunZet
05-13-2012, 12:59 AM
I feel like a motion picture, hopefully I'm coming soon~

toast
05-13-2012, 12:59 AM
I read that as cameling, I was scared

jubeh
05-13-2012, 01:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/u2BQG.gif

toast
05-13-2012, 01:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sS0Ko.gif

jubeh
05-13-2012, 01:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qHyPw.jpg

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:03 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ucqkSa8W1qc8n49.png

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 01:04 AM
ugh, everthing i type is gonna be an innuedo for a while. OMFG

Inksprout
05-13-2012, 01:04 AM
the discussion shifted to this pretty quickly huh?

GunZet
05-13-2012, 01:05 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_679W306wSvg/S9iC8wjINiI/AAAAAAAAB9Q/r0UFfD2Ykgg/s400/dwight+bobblehead.jpg
http://btr.michaelkwan.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/office-dwight.jpg

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 01:07 AM
yes inksprout. yes it did.

toast
05-13-2012, 01:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XhzTl.gif

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:08 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3rqewr9wJ1qz9nt5o1_500.jpg

Inksprout
05-13-2012, 01:09 AM
I like how he lights them with his heat vision. Classy.

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:11 AM
I like how he tried to escape from uncomfortable conversations. Classy.

GunZet
05-13-2012, 01:12 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3rqewr9wJ1qz9nt5o1_500.jpg

Those better be Cuban.

toast
05-13-2012, 01:12 AM
I like how he tried to escape from uncomfortable conversations. Classy.

Socially awkward lung cancer

Inksprout
05-13-2012, 01:13 AM
If I only I had heat vision and cigars, then I too could escpae from awkward situations with class and style

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Steel Lung Cancer.

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Has anyone seen that Cabin in the Woods movie

jubeh
What are you on aboot

Sylux
I've heard it was good and had Cthuvian elder gods in it so I wanna see it

GunZet
05-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Wut.

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:16 AM
it was really good but its best if you know nothing about it when you go to see it

Sylux
05-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Okay

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:17 AM
you should go see it because if you dont you are a loser

GunZet
05-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Go watch that new movie by-

toast
05-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Peer pressure at its finest ):

corastaur
05-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Has anyone seen that Cabin in the Woods movie

:cat_sweat: That movie... I worked with movie trailer shizz last summer. I also don't do well with horror movies... We showed trailers for this movie, the devil inside, and some other creepy horror movie all in the same week. I ended up having nightmares :(
(mainly from the devil inside)

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 01:21 AM
@gunz and sylux: get different avatars. PLEASE!!!

GunZet
I was meaning to watch that one movie 'Antichrist' when I had Netflix, but never got around to it. Seems rad.

ClockHand
lame horror movies.

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:22 AM
are you saying the cabin in the woods is lame clock is that what you're saying

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:22 AM
I was meaning to watch that one movie 'Antichrist' when I had Netflix, but never got around to it. Seems rad.

do it, its freaking awesome (the one made by lars von trier).

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:23 AM
lars von trier is fuckin weird man

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:24 AM
He is a great movie director, Melancholie was awesome and I'm really waiting for the second part of Dog Ville. And yes, he is kinda weird as a person, but fuck, he does such good movies.

GunZet
05-13-2012, 01:25 AM
do it, its freaking awesome (the one made by lars von trier).

Yea, that's the one I wanted to watch. I still have it on my Netflix list, so I'll check that out when I get flix back.

Sylux
05-13-2012, 01:25 AM
I think we are missing the point here. Dethklok.

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:26 AM
It's simple, we cockblock mt.

GunZet
05-13-2012, 01:27 AM
I think we are missing the point here. Dethklok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOw7rz_LxoU

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:30 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3phwuwD411rtiwlao2_500.gif

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:31 AM
as far as cinema goes i like Fran&#231;ois Truffaut and in particular le quatre cent coups. but then again who doesn't, am i right

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:33 AM
He is dead, so name someone who is alive and keep doing movies.

In the mater of dead directors, I'm a huge Hitchcock fan and of Erich Von Stroheim.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 01:33 AM
grown men with action figures.

Outcast
05-13-2012, 01:34 AM
I seem to not to really like dethklok that much. :/

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:34 AM

jealous.

corastaur
05-13-2012, 01:35 AM

OF THEMSELVES! (sorta...)

WhenRabbitsAttack
^good for you

outcast: who r they anyways?

GunZet
I seem to not to really like dethklok that much. :/

HERETIC!

Hayashida
He is dead, so name someone who is alive and keep doing movies.

In the mater of dead directors, I'm a huge Hitchcock fan and of Erich Von Stroheim.

Anyone who isn't Michael Bay. No but seriously michael bay is like the worst

Outcast
Oh if think that's bad you should see the grown men who masturbate to/on their dolls.

Honestly I wish I had never seen that.

GunZet
05-13-2012, 01:37 AM
^good for you

outcast: who r they anyways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABtBZ_OyoL4&feature=relmfu
This explains all to you.

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Anyone who isn't Michael Bay. No but seriously michael bay is like the worst

And sadly he is quiet active.

I think some of my favorites who are alive are: Michel Gondry and Gaspar Noe.

Outcast
05-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Ok, hatredcopter is ok.

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:40 AM
And sadly he is quiet active.

I think some of my favorites who are alive are: Michel Gondry and Gaspar Noe.

Gaspar Noe is awesome. You've seen Enter the Void?

Also Edgar Wright? I like Wes Anderson's movies too but it's too associated with hipsters now. But i really want to see Moonrise Kingdom

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Oh if think that's bad you should see the grown men who masturbate to/on their dolls. Honestly I wish I had never seen that.

WHY!? WHY DID YOU HANE TO POST THAT!? ARGH!

the mental image. its.... D8

ClockHand
Yeah, I love Enter the Void
It's interesting how the whole movie show you constantly the goal of the protagonist (who is also the visual narrator), but its never easy to understand, and this has been a problem for many people who know about movies to get. Even I couldn't find out the goal of the protagonist at first sight, it was like looking at the forest, when the tree was just in front of you. Also, fuck I hate people saying that the movie is just about trips, fucking chumps

Edgar Wright is great too. It's hard to not like him after Scott Pilgrim, like he does good movies and he did that freaking awesome movie.

It's easy to see why Wes Anderson's movies are portrayed for hipsters, basically he likes many things that hipsters like too. Like balanced frames and equal weights, and all that shit.

GunZet
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070331004807/yugioh/images/archive/f/f0/20070830021856!Hane-HaneSDP-NA-C-1E.jpg

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:51 AM
I have to admit, I didn't really know entirely what was going on when I was watching enter the void, but in my blank state of mind following the movie I sort of figured out what I thought it was about (though I can't recall it right now, all that comes to mind is just the flashing lights and the protagonist getting shot).

Have you seen Wright's Attack the Block? I thought the movie was really good but a couple people I've talked to said they didn't like it as much as his other work like SOTD or hot fuzz.

And yeah most elements of Anderson's work is pretty hipster-esque. I still like them though.

Outcast
05-13-2012, 01:54 AM
WHYthe mental image. its.... D8
Be glad that's all you have. :[

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Well, you could rewatch it and I could tell you happened and some other cool details. But only if you rewatch it, cuz i don't want to say something you already know or just forgot.

Isn't Attack the Block from Joe Cornish?

But is not like Anderson's work is hipster, is more like hipster just have this same taste, and they took Anderson as their patriarch, when Anderson is nothing like them (as far as I know)

GunZet
05-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Aw man, Attack The Block was so awesome.

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 01:58 AM
idk if I'll ever take the time to re-watch enter the void, it's an incredibly lengthy film.

And I beg your pardon, Attack the Block was directed by Cornish. idk why I thought it was by Wright. Maybe anything with Nick Frost in it I assume Wright has something to do with it.

That's probably true, though I have no idea what Anderson is like IRL. But yeah, you are right with hipsters taking him as their patriarch.

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Yeah, it's long, but its fascinating, how a entire movie is just narrated through camera movement. As an exercise with the camera, is awesome.

Ya I was like "what, attack of the blocks was made by Wrights?!" I actually had to search for that, because i didn't remember that way. Emm... I think Wright, having his style of humor and drama, is very trade marked for him. Reason why Attack the Block made people to think that it was the same as always. But dunno, I don't have that problem, I really don't care if a director use similar humor all the time, similar camera work, or so on. What I only care is that the movie is good and it achieves its goals.

Well, in interviews he is been portrayed as a very chill guy. Also Royal Tenembauns is the best movie to describe his personality according to some people in the movie world.

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 02:24 AM
that's so true, No&#233;'s cinematography is amazing.

Speaking of wright, do you know anything about a movie coming out from him soon? Because I haven't heard anything but it's been a while since he's released one, hasn't it?

Royal Tennenbaums is one of my favourite Anderson films. I also really like hotel chevalier if that counts.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Personally I think michael bay is the best director of all time

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 02:28 AM
even just seeing that written in a sentence is enough to send shivers down my spine

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Well, there is a movie that have me very shake, which is the movie of Ant Man who he is going to direct. The movie is in not even in pre-production and as I heard both Wrights and the studio are going for it. And The Word End, which is also not even in pre-production.

So we might not be seeing any movie of him until 2014, I believe until 2015 for the ones I mentioned. Probably if he does a small budget movie between these 2, we might see him at 2014.

GunZet
05-13-2012, 02:30 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MpH65Pkd-Bw/SJkJQUXa2WI/AAAAAAAAASg/q55Bqq6sPyA/s320/100_0615.JPG

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 02:31 AM
I wonder how many transformers movies there's going to be

Evil_Cake
05-13-2012, 02:31 AM
2 many

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 02:33 AM
i agree and cool avatar

jubeh
05-13-2012, 02:34 AM
Personally I think uwe boll is the best director of all time

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 02:36 AM
I can never tell if you're serious or not

Evil_Cake
05-13-2012, 02:42 AM
i agree and cool avatar

thx

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 04:11 AM
@ evilcake:what hayashida said. where's that from?

Evil_Cake
05-13-2012, 04:31 AM
jojo's bizarre adventure :cat_see:

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 04:49 AM
oooh! i want to read that!!! have you read it? is it any good?

jubeh
05-13-2012, 05:14 AM
idk if you can handle it

Sylux
05-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah seriously it's hardcore

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 02:04 PM
nah she can handle it

Sylux
05-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Mudadadadadada

jubeh
05-13-2012, 02:27 PM
nah she can handle it

r u 4 real

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM
ya man

ClockHand
05-13-2012, 03:02 PM
She can't. She couldn't reply my post, then she have even less chances to go in jojo's bizarre adventures.

jubeh
05-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah seriously

nsfw

http://i26.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/1/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo-1703240.jpg
http://i4.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/12/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo-1704560.jpg

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 09:01 PM
i dont see why young people cant handle that

jubeh
05-13-2012, 09:02 PM
ya ur right

Hayashida
05-13-2012, 09:03 PM
glad ur finally seein my side of it

jubeh
05-13-2012, 09:05 PM
fak u gooby

Evil_Cake
05-13-2012, 09:41 PM
man now i always imagine giorno with that girl voice

jubeh
05-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Huehuehue

At least bucciarati sounds rad when he says STICKYYY FINGAWWWWS

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-14-2012, 02:33 AM
all of you, stop deciding whether i'm tough enough. i could handle easy. ain't the scariest nore the the most twisted thing i have ever read.
but my library does'nt have it ;^; and i don't think my comic book shop has them. anyone one know a website where i could read 'em?

Outcast
05-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Google is your friend.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-14-2012, 02:38 AM
i suppose so.

*off to google*

Outcast
05-14-2012, 02:39 AM
A very good friend indeed.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-14-2012, 02:44 AM
huh?

Outcast
05-14-2012, 02:46 AM
GOOGLE. THAT. SHIT.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-14-2012, 02:51 AM
i am reading it as we speak. was when i typed the 'huh?' thing. duh.

Evil_Cake
05-14-2012, 11:34 AM
banned?? i guess u couldn't handle it...

jaidurn
05-14-2012, 11:37 AM
YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

corastaur
05-14-2012, 11:01 PM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/103/a/4/twilight_ep_12__hunger_games_by_daekazu-d4w24r5.png

ClockHand
05-14-2012, 11:06 PM
ugh... I didn't understood it.

corastaur
05-14-2012, 11:09 PM
that's ok clock :) *pats on back* it's probably a good thing...
it's katniss shooting at bambi, only she misses and shoots edward (from twilight). b/c hunber games > twilight.

ClockHand
05-14-2012, 11:19 PM
aaahhh...

Why she didn't killed that guy?

corastaur
05-14-2012, 11:24 PM
RIGHT??? ugh the world would've been so much better... the one time her aim is off -__-

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-16-2012, 01:22 AM
people, you should know that edwards skin is as hard as granite. she couldn't kill him if her aim was dead centre, unless she had a burning arrow.

unfortunately, i read the twilight books. then wrote them off as lame crap.

Sylux
05-16-2012, 05:49 AM
I don't believe you

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-18-2012, 03:29 AM
why? i've read all the books, and their only redeeming feature is elaborate and interesting vocab.
there are to many plot holes, edward is a frickin' stalker, bella is such an indecisive idiot who doesn't realize that she should pull the finger at edward and go be normal. she is such a ditz, she's mean to her father....

ugh. bad plot, good words. all i have to say.
harry potter 4eva!!! 8D

Sylux
05-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Because you just commended her absolutely stellar ability to write a lot of fucking words and still have people be able to pace through her book at breakneck speed. Those characteristics you mentioned are also not plotholes, just bad characters.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-19-2012, 04:52 AM
hey, there is nothing wrong with her ability to right something with interest. it's just once you look past the fancy-schmancy words, it is not all the good. and the reason people can read it at breakneck speed is because they skip large portions of the descriptive text, which appear quite alot. slowed it down for me quite alot, which is why i abadoned the last book half-way through, only to finish it when i was bored and aloney-on-my-owney.

Sylux
05-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? I could have understood every single word in her books in 5th grade.

Hayashida
05-19-2012, 04:46 PM
harry potter

finally something we agree on

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-21-2012, 05:10 AM
did you see my drawing os harry potter in the gallery? if you are a tru fan, tell me wat u think.

harry potter is so cool. but i was really depressed cause i couldn't get an account on pottermore T-T

corastaur
05-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Wait, how were you not able to get on? It should be open to everyone right now...

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-22-2012, 05:13 AM
nah, this was a bit ago, when they were still really exclusive. my friend only just managed to nab one.

Hayashida
05-22-2012, 02:54 PM
i just made my account on pottermore yesterday. shit is so pimp. represent gryffindor

corastaur
05-22-2012, 03:12 PM
:D you got gryffindor?

I'm in hufflepuff...

Hayashida
05-22-2012, 03:15 PM
i thought for sure i was gonna be in ravenclaw

corastaur
05-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeeeeah so did I -_-

jubeh
05-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Why does it give you lame unsernames

Im queencauldron5323

corastaur
05-22-2012, 03:26 PM
dude i know haha I think it's to protect the younguns who sign up for the site? I like how you're a queen...
I ended up as moonwillow15811

jubeh
05-22-2012, 03:44 PM
I got ravenclaw. What's going on here.

GunZet
05-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Ohhhhh, I knowwwww

HAWWWFFFUHHLLLLPAWWWUUFFFFF!!!!

corastaur
05-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I got ravenclaw. What's going on here.

lol what were you hoping for?

"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You’ll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends."
(sorting song thingy majig)

Hufflepuff is clearly the best.

jubeh
05-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Slytherin

astronautshwag
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
i agree with jubeh

jubeh
05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Nvm ravenclaw is fine

astronautshwag
05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
lol im stickin with Slytherin

Hayashida
05-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Why does it give you lame unsernames

Im queencauldron5323

lol i got UnicornFloo23199

I'll add you and corastaur

jubeh
05-22-2012, 04:07 PM
I gotta be honest here I dont understand the point of this website

Hayashida
05-22-2012, 04:08 PM
i dont either but its cool

jubeh
05-22-2012, 04:10 PM
My wand has dragoncore is that good

Hayashida
05-22-2012, 04:12 PM
idk maybe. Mine's got unicorn core

corastaur
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
They have descriptions of what the wand cores and woods supposedly mean on the site :)

Woo Haya we both have unicorn cores

Hayashida
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
so whats good about our cores then. also mines made out of beechwood. idk if thats good

corastaur
05-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Well I'm glad you asked. :P here, I'll just copy paste.

Unicorn hair:

"Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing."

beechwood:

"The true match for a beech wand will be, if young, wise beyond his or her years, and if full-grown, rich in understanding and experience. Beech wands perform very weakly for the narrow-minded and intolerant. Such wizards and witches, having obtained a beech wand without having been suitably matched (yet coveting this most desirable, richly hued and highly prized wand wood), have often presented themselves at the homes of learned wandmakers such as myself, demanding to know the reason for their handsome wand’s lack of power. When properly matched, the beech wand is capable of a subtlety and artistry rarely seen in any other wood, hence its lustrous reputation."

Larch (mine):

"Strong, durable and warm in colour, larch has long been valued as an attractive and powerful wand wood. Its reputation for instilling courage and confidence in the user has ensured that demand has always outstripped supply. This much sought-after wand is, however, hard to please in the matter of ideal owners, and trickier to handle than many imagine. I find that it always creates wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which likewise describes the master who deserves it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match."

edit: for jubeh
Dragon
"As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental."

ClockHand
05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
My wand is made of troll dick.

Hayashida
05-22-2012, 06:05 PM
So James' wand is evil and backstabbing

jubeh
05-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Rad

Hayashida
05-23-2012, 12:35 AM
man wtf apparently if you leave your potion for too long while it's brewing it will get fucked up. How do they expect me to wait around for 55 minutes for that fucking wideye potion to brew

corastaur
05-23-2012, 12:39 AM
lol, dude I coulda told you that... I think the deal is, if you're already going to be on the internet for another hour just leave it and go do something else until it's done? Also if you mess up you lose house points

Hayashida
05-23-2012, 12:40 AM
FUUUCK I lost 2 house points. And anyway, I didn't know that you had to be back for that time so I went off and did other things. Geez, making potions is harder than I thought.

corastaur
05-23-2012, 12:45 AM
yeah they aren't clear about that, and I totally know what you mean! It's more challenging than you expect, especially with that stupid timer

Hayashida
05-23-2012, 12:49 AM
maybe i should just buy a better cauldron.

GunZet
05-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I got one for sale.

Hayashida
05-23-2012, 01:06 AM
wat

corastaur
05-23-2012, 01:06 AM
might as well, be warned tho - you don't get any more money until the second book opens up.

GunZet
05-23-2012, 01:12 AM
wat

20 dollars, take it or leave it. Good deal.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-23-2012, 01:17 AM
kay, im gonna go make an account. i'll post my username in a few minutes

jaidurn
05-26-2012, 01:06 AM
needs more dethklok itt

Sylux
05-26-2012, 01:07 AM
way to misspell dethklok

Mr_Liebe
Hm, nice fit.

jaidurn
What in the world do you mean man. I spelled it right.

Sylux
05-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Gunzet edited it for you man

jaidurn
05-26-2012, 01:15 AM
What if it was right the whole time

Sylux
05-26-2012, 01:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZjMZZ.png

jubeh
05-26-2012, 01:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/m8phd.png

Sylux
05-26-2012, 01:25 AM
aw jeez

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-26-2012, 01:34 AM
hey cora, my username is WillowDragon28978. friend meeeeeee!!!!!

ClockHand
05-26-2012, 01:44 AM
what 28978 means?

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-26-2012, 01:45 AM
that there were 28978 other willow dragons before me. it's so individual.

ClockHand
05-26-2012, 01:50 AM
so there is a whole civilization of willow dragons.