PDA

View Full Version : Private profile

ram
05-04-2012, 04:32 AM
I think it happened to me now about 3-4 times that new people asking stuffs about tutorial or how to draw stuffs...
They pm me but I can't reply back cause their profile is private.

when I became friends with them I can finally do it, and when I asked them why they did a private profile they say "it's just private the time they joined"

So I'm kinda thinking if possible to remove the private profiling.

I think it would be better for an environment that promotes learning art skills.

GunZet
05-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Ehhh, that kinda depends. Some actually do choose to keep their profiles private, others don't know. So we'd have to filter through all the bazillion members and determine which ones want it and which ones don't. Nothing we can really do about it, just become their friends? lol.

Though I agree, it sort of takes away a chunk of communication in that part of the community.

pajamajam
05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
What about just making it so that profiles are just public by default and let people switch them to private if they want to?

GunZet
05-04-2012, 10:53 AM
That could work for new members, but I mean, wouldn't that be an issue if it was set for all current members too, especially the ones that are fine with it being private/ set it for private?

Wouldn't be too bad, but you know, lol. There would be a window of time for peeps to snoop around before they realize they'd have to set it back to private.

Rio
05-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Members are set automatically to private of they are under the age of 13 (or at least, if they put their birthdate as under 13 when they sign up). I made it that way as a form of privacy for the younger set of members here. They can change it to public in the settings if they want but they will have to make that decision themselves.

Hayashida
05-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Does that mean that members above the age of 13 have their profiles set to public automatically?

ram
05-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh I see now, So that's what happened.

I guess that is reasonable.

Rio
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Does that mean that members above the age of 13 have their profiles set to public automatically?Yes. There was a talk about this last year when people couldn't PM folks who were under 18 so I set the bare minimum of auto-privacy at 13 and under.

Hayashida
05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
oic very cool

jubeh
05-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Time to go on a message spree