PDA

View Full Version : The work sucks soul thread.

Psy
04-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Work sucks (ass, souls, money, free time, etc) and you know it.

My customers have no sense of humor. I get asked where's the cinnamon so I have to say "top shelf in the kitchen" or where's the baby aisle "next to the mommy and daddy aisle" and nothing! Not even a chuckle!
Tell me why you hate work. Or what makes it worth it all.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-24-2012, 04:50 AM
i don't have a jobapart from random chores that i don't get paid enough for. i moved six metres square of wood in one weekend and i got paid 50$. do you know how big six metres square of wood is!? its like, three ginormous trees worth of mini little logs for the fireplace and the wheelbarrow i used was faulty and shit.
apart from that life is great!:)

Blue_Dragon
04-24-2012, 06:18 AM
I hate my job because men don't know how to flush the urinal.

Sand belongs outside, not inside with little children who get it all over the damn place.

Toilets clogged and full of crap (again the men's room, almost always. I very rarely have issues with the ladies room--prob. since I don't work at Wal Mart.)

Playdough.

Playdough in the carpet.

Paints.

Eight years of college put toward...garbage.

Under paid ($8.50/hr for an under appreciated crap job.)

Getting bitched at at 3am for...doing my job at a time when NO ONE SHOULD BE THERE.

Boy scouts/girl scouts and their stupid baking events in which they steal my tools to "clean" their mess and leave stank dirty water with either spaghetti sauce or dough sitting all weekend so when I open the closet on Monday, the smell makes me want to vomit. Oh, with the mop soaking up the nasty water, wasting a mop head as it's thus unusable.)

Gum.

People who don't know what is and isn't recyclable (your dirty f*cking tissues and paper towels can't be recycled, idiot. Same people putting their empty cans and bottles in their trash.)

Basically everything. I hate the world.

But I feel for you Psy, because as crappy as my job is, you're probably being paid minimum wage to deal with the public...which isn't worth it. I do like not having to see people (usually. Still, can't wait to be back at my summer Living History job where I'm mildly respected.)

Psy
04-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Aww blue where are you working?

Although I work in retail (Dollar Tree or the Taking Tree as I like to think of it) it's not that hard to do so long as you have common sense (don't steal and fallow the rules and you should be fine seriously) my job is doable. I have hundreds of customers to watch like I'm a prison warden, I have to clean up after them all like I'm their mother, watch their kids like a nanny, give them directions to places or to find products or on how to do certain tasks like google, be a janitor/plumber every 30mins, sell as much as I can to every customer, and then there's the managers I have to keep an eye on and make sure they don't fuck up (and I'm not even a manager) like tell them do an audit, your cashier hasn't moved from register in an hour and has had less than 30 customers and his/her front end is thrashed, Customer stealing in can't aisle, Cashiers out of dress code and the DM is in the house, cashier needs a 10, have you checked emails? Crap crap and more crap (they call me Cinderella at work)

I started at $6.75 in 2007 and then it jumped to $8 when min wage increased and now $9 with a raise coming up (more then likely .08 .16 or .25). Unless I can get a promotion. I've worked at the same stupid place for all most 5 years and it hasn't changed all that much so I can handle it but it's freaking depressing.

Blue_Dragon
04-24-2012, 07:29 AM
I work for a cleaning company. My boss is nice, but the places I clean are just...annoying. I liked cleaning the factory office better, now I clean a "church" (if it has a school in it, and holds all kinds of money making events, I don't consider it a church. Sorry.) and the Farm Bureau here, which houses various offices such as insurance, finance, U of I extension (they're pretty clean, so is the Ins. co,) etc... I'll be glad to be back home--Lincoln Home! As stupid as tourists are, they love a girl in 7 layers of clothing, so I usually have a lot of fun there.

That's crap, if you started in '07, you should be paid better by now. There's nothing worse than having to deal with the general public in a situation where they feel "superior," even if they're retarded (I mean this in reference to the definition, not the slang.) And I'm sorry, I've shopped at Dollar Tree here, and it's full of ridiculous people who have no power in real life, so they take it out on the cashier. Just a couple months ago, this lady had a ton of crap she was checking out, but she wanted it rung up in two or three different ways. Which would have been okay, but the dumb b*tch didn't have them separated how she wanted them rung up, and got pissed at the checker for scanning something she wanted separate. I wasn't in a hurry, so I really didn't care what she was doing, but I did get irritated when she got snippy with the lady. I made fun of when she left :P But almost got caught, cause she came back in for extra bags (not that I care, cause I can be pretty confrontational when I want to be...but I'm not trashy enough to start anything in a store.) *F*cking stupid.*

Sorry for the long story. Just saying, I can sympathize.

How did you end up having to instruct them on the use of google o_O?

pajamajam
04-24-2012, 12:52 PM
I work at a Walmart in an Army town. The customers are just something else. The soldiers themselves are usually pretty respectful, but their spouses never hesitate to get in your face. They seriously try to pull their husbands' ranks on you like it'll make a difference. People act like you're some kind of magician and can make exactly what they need magically appear ("I'm sorry, we don't carry shrimp stock." "I really need it for this recipe." "I'm really sorry, we don't have it." "Well, the recipe calls for shrimp stock."), or the ones who act like you're retarded because you work where you do, or the ones who expect you to know everything about every item the store sells... I love when I can hide from customers in the back.

Matt
04-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure I agree with "the customer is always right" after working at Big Boy and Goodwill, in that order. Currently, I hold a good job in which I clean a guy's private hanger at the local airport for $9 per hour. I work alone so I don't have to deal with the public. I'm probably overpaid, but I appreciate it. The guy I work for is fair and doesn't try to pin his problems on me (cue the waitresses at Big Boy).

But. To relate to you guys, I'm mildly misanthropic in real life because of my time "serving the public" at a restaurant and a clothing store.

"Can you make this three dollars instead of five?" one lady asked me.

"Ma'am," I replied, "that thing is fifty dollars at Wal-Mart across the street and I don't have the authority to change prices."

Then, women go into the changing rooms with half the clothes on the shelves, try them on, take pictures, chat about random crap for at least an hour, and then leave without cleaning it up. Or buying anything.

And there was another time when a lady pulled a few things off the shelves, stuck them in her purse, and just walked out the door with one of the things--a tie, I think--still hanging out from her purse. The cashier called for the managers, and they didn't get there until she got out into the parking lot. There, we didn't have a legal right to stop her.

Seriously? Stealing things from a store where you already get them for a hundredth of their original price?

Somehow, I enjoyed working in the toy aisle, because the kids never complained about our prices or our changing rooms being full. Once I gave them an answer, they'd leave it at that instead of assuming I could magically make a duplicate item appear (like most of the adult customers).

As a last act of mercy, my boss let me go after I destroyed my ankle during soccer practice. Though this wasn't for my sake, I was glad for it. It put me out of sports for the rest of my life (I hated our soccer captain anyway) and apparently out of more active retail jobs.

--

Working in retail is terrible, but working with food is even worse. First of all, there are social classes within the restaurant. At the top are the waitresses, then the managers, then the cooks, the prep cooks, then the bussers. I was a busser. The waitresses treated me like I wasn't even human. First, they complain about how incompetent me and my fellow bussers are, then they make us wash their silverware even when we're backed up to the door of the dish room, threatening us with "telling the managers" if we didn't hurry up and let them get out by ten.

That wouldn't be too bad, but then there's this thing where the cooks were supposed to help the bussers clean up after hours, and they never did. So, even when we closed early, the earliest I'd ever get home was midnight. The waitresses were home two hours before. The cooks, one hour. The managers left with the bussers, but they rarely helped us.

It wasn't all bad, I suppose. Two of the waitresses treated me well, though it wasn't out of respect so much as they just thought I was good-looking (most of the bussers were, somehow). Those two aside, everyone was condescending toward the bussers. Though the restaurants across the street had the waitresses share tips with the bussers, it didn't happen at Big Boy.

The nicest thing the managers of Big Boy ever did for me was cut me and a few other high school students when school started.

Celestial-Fox
04-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I like my job. (: This may be contingent on the fact that I don't work with customers, however.

jubeh
04-24-2012, 02:48 PM
The customer is almost never right. I think one of the most unfortunate events of all time was the creation of that phrase. It's been used and abused to no end ever since.

I've worked in retail since I got out of high school and I can say with utmost honesty if you want to survive you have to assume the customer is a stupid sack of shit and be pleasantly surprised when they are not. That means talking to them like they don't know anything and lying through omission. Basically imagine talking to a child.

Selling is incredibly difficult because you're meant to get into a mode similar to maybe an actor or performer but never are you allowed to address your audience like an actual human being. I can never just say, "Uh no that's bullshit." I always have to say, "That's interesting."

I think the funniest thing is when you get a guy who is trying to perform the impossible and will not leave until you give him the answer you want to hear. For some reason people who don't know a lot about electronics will come up with all sorts of crazy logic on why this should be able to connect to that or how these two wireless devices can talk to each other when it's not possible.

You're wondering why we can't just say, "Hey that won't work." It's because once we do that guy will find another employee and try to get a different answer. This goes on until somebody mentions that radioshak might have a solution for them. I feel sorry for the dudes we dump on radioshak sometimes.

Sometimes.

AlmanacnamedTime
04-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I like the internship i'm in line to get(guareteed by the company owner if I learn coldfusion) but I have another job where I deliver flyers and the weather always sucks as soon as I start, beutiful day and then it starts raining or gets super cold or super hot. that job I hate.

Mr_Liebe
04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
I was perhaps 17, when I was working at Smith's, and damn, were the customers just so.... irritating. You know, I was already slightly misanthropic before, but working at that place, well, it made that worse. I remember one time, when I was bringing in carts, I must've had 10, and we didn't have those electric machines some stores have that make it easier to bring carts in we just had this strap with a hook, you know? Well, I was bringing in the carts, and about to put them in the corral, when I see this little girl walk out from behind a display, luckily I was able to stop and keep the carts from knocking the kid down. Thing is, her irrisponsible mother who should've been keeping an eye on her kid, in fact was like 10 feet away from her, got on my case about it. Seriously, and no I didn't see the little girl when I was walking in with the carts, fuck, man. There were a lot of other shitty people who came in to the store, but that mother was one of the very worst. If that wasn't bad enough, most of the cashiers and other baggers were quite unpleasant to work with, it was a very hostile work enviroment, I'm surprised I was there for as long as I was.

Matt
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Parents these days don't seem to be able to control their kids, and if the kids aren't misbehaving, the parents certainly are.

Ah, if you guys haven't seen Adventures in Retail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ATCziPA8g) on Youtube yet, you should see it. It's a series of Flash animations about the horrors of working in retail. And it's very relevant to this thread.

Mr_Liebe
04-24-2012, 04:32 PM
At a store my dad owned, we had a credit card system where it cost us money for every charge,, and alot of times people would want to buy like a pack of gum, and it would cost as much to use the system as the package of gum, and I remember trying to explain this to the customers, tell them that, but they were all 'so?', ugh, they'd also whine about cashback all 'But I want 300 bucks cashback' or whatever, 'I can get that at smith's, WAAAAAAAH' and I'd have to keep reminding them that this was a small store, and it would be unreasonable for the store to do that... fuck man... all this customers is always right bullshit has made customers.... complacent? well certainly spoiled....

Unfortunately.... there aren't many jobs where there are nice people that are great to work with, where the customers or whatever, are decent people, so I guess I'll always be dealing with assholes.

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 05:07 PM
I live in the country of "the customer is always wrong", its awesome when you work, but it sucks when you are the customer.

jubeh
04-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah well fuck customers

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 05:13 PM
You are a customer to.

jubeh
04-24-2012, 05:14 PM
No I have ascended

Mr_Liebe
04-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I make a mental note to be as nice as possible to any cashier or bagger in any store I go to, cause I know how it feels to be talked down to by an asshole customer, and I'd rather not be that asshole customer.

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 05:21 PM
No I have ascended

to what? letting others buy the stuffs you want?

Evil_Cake
04-24-2012, 05:22 PM
i hate it when i go somewhere and ask a question and the employee tells some lame joke. I just want ricotta cheese

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 05:46 PM
I hate going to the rol and board games store.

GunZet
04-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Do you play Monopoly, and what piece do you play? Don't touch Battleship, bitch.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-24-2012, 07:38 PM
i hate it when i go somewhere and ask a question and the employee tells some lame joke. I just want ricotta cheese

you know, thats what psy does.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Someone remind me why I shouldn't get a job at Dairy Queen next time they're hiring?

Mr_Liebe
04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
at a time like this, if you can get a job somewhere, get it. Being miserable is great compared to being broke. Hey, maybe you'll be able to get lunch fo free.... maybe, lol.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, there's one two blocks from the school (and conveniently enough, my house), and most everyone they employ works at the school. And since the Seniors are about to go graduate, they should be looking to hire at the start of Autumn.

Mr_Liebe
04-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Excellent, go for it, bro.

Hayashida
04-24-2012, 09:45 PM

Sometimes when an employee tells me a joke answer instead of the real one I think they are serious and I sort of get confused and I dont laugh and they probably think im being a jerk when im really just confused

Matt
04-24-2012, 09:54 PM
No matter how horrible a job is, you're getting paid at least minimum wage. It's better than nothing.

Or is welfare better than a minimum wage job?

Bacon_Barbarian
04-24-2012, 09:55 PM
You talking to me, Matt?

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-24-2012, 10:51 PM
idk. and i don't think matt was talking to you,bacon

jubeh
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I hate going to the rol and board games store.

Too many fat kids

Do you play Monopoly, and what piece do you play? Don't touch Battleship, bitch.

Most outdated joke of all time? Probably. Boardgames have changed a little bit.

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 11:22 PM
No, the people who work there are assholes. I go with a question about a card or a book, and they basically tell me "what are you moron? that card was the edition 55 of the old Rample Orc from the beta of the first edition of the game which you need 4 energy to play it, and have a Trample ability..." basically, if you don't know something specific about a card or a book, you are a moron for them and its really frustrating.

jubeh
04-24-2012, 11:28 PM
There was a place like that here before but they shut down because the customer service was so shit. It's hard enough keeping a game store open but doing it while trying to be a farthead is impossible.

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Well, not in here, apparently.

GunZet
04-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Jube. Get me a job at the BestBuy you work at. We'll be sell bros.

jubeh
04-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Its a shitty job and if you're going to work someplace shitty they might as well serve food

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 11:37 PM
So he can eat shit?

jubeh
04-24-2012, 11:38 PM
ya

GunZet
04-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Its a shitty job and if you're going to work someplace shitty they might as well serve food

Do you just walk around asking if people are alright, and if they've found everything they're looking for when they obviously have?

jubeh
04-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Are you being for real

GunZet
04-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Tell me the truth, son.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Scenario 1: Guy walks in to my department with his head on a swivel like he's obviously looking for something. I ask him if I can help him find something and he tells me no. This continues for about, and I shit you not, 45 minutes. I know this because his wandering around in my tiny department goes on past closing time. The doors are being shut but he's still peeking over shelves and looking under stuff. My manager tells me if the dude isn't buying anything I should subtly ask him to leave which I was glad to do because fuck that guy. I walk over and I say are you sure you don't need anything? The guy, in the most awkward and weird way I can imagine a person saying something, says, "I'm looking for a Wii."

Also because fuck him I oversold him on everything. Call me evil but that's what I do. I take your money and when you come back the next day with buyer's remorse I conveniently don't remember you because my memory is bad and management knows this.

Scenario 2: I ask a customer how they're doing. They say just looking.

Just looking is how you're doing? What a twat.

Scenario 3: A customer asks for something that's out of stock. I say we don't have it and they get mad at me. Why? Well obviously it's my fault because I knew they were coming so I sold the shit out of what I had left. Luckily if this happens around christmas time leadership is cool with me telling the customer to fuck off albeit in a really polite way.

Scenario 4: A customer walks all the way over to my department because they see me and then ask me to help them with cameras which is on the other side of the store. We get over there and of course no employees are there because my colleagues are shit. I try to help the customer as best as possible regardless of the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing. They get upset with me because I don't know the product in a department that I don't work in.

This is actually a mistake from a consumer point of view because if you're relying on me for information that means I get to lie to you for free and take your money, so I do. I do it. So for all you kids out there, learn to research because people like me exist.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 12:30 AM
My experience with Best Buy always goes as following.

Guy notices I'm wandering around in the games/computer section, asks if I'm finding everything alright. I just look and go 'oh, yea I'm alright, thanks' then we part ways in the most chill, gangsta way possible, and I walk out with my product because I know the store like the back of my hand.

Too awesome, I know.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Also because fuck him I oversold him on everything. Call me evil but that's what I do. I take your money and when you come back the next day with buyer's remorse I conveniently don't remember you because my memory is bad and management knows this.
How have you not been fired? lol

jubeh
04-25-2012, 12:35 AM
You'd have to be ultra shitty to get fired. In our district Im ranked 24 out of 52 so I always keep myself right in the middle.

Hayashida
04-25-2012, 12:35 AM
why would he be fired if a customer is being a retard

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Overselling on purpose and they know it?

jubeh
04-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Um its what they want us to do

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 12:38 AM
They want angry customers. Pls tll m mr

jubeh
04-25-2012, 12:41 AM
You are overestimating customers by a long shot. Most people never find out they've spent too much.

Conversely you get the guys who shop on the net and come in going on about our prices are too high but still shop at our store.

Hayashida
04-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Selling people more than what they came in for is the mark of a good salesman

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 12:43 AM
You are overestimating customers by a long shot. Most people never find out they've spent too much.

Conversely you get the guys who shop on the net and come in going on about our prices are too high but still shop at our store.

I guess I'm just a smarter customer. Just for shits and giggles, what do you mean by oversell? Over stickerprice or putting a higher stickerprice on in the first place.

EDIT: Well yes. Sell people more than they need duh. Didn't think that's what Jubeh meant.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 12:45 AM
Changing the prices per customer would be illegal so apparently you think I'm a criminal.

Overselling is selling the customer stuff that is more expensive than what they actually need.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Changing the prices per customer would be illegal so apparently you think I'm a criminal.

Which is why I was so confused to learn you hadn't been fired.

Psy
04-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Jubeh is bestbuy god.

I hate that to *me on register* "hi how are you today?" customer says "No!". So I start switching my first response to customers randomly so the they and the guy that's next don't know what the fuck is coming out my mouth next and I get to look at them like they are retarded if they answer with something that isint even appropriate to my comment or question.
Questions and comments include:
What's your dogs favorite color (if you get this feel smart for a bit)
Nice weather
Hi how are you
Wow that was fast
$6.34
Would you like to donate to blah blah blah
Would you like some -insert item of the week-
On the back of your receipt there is a number to call or website go to to take a survey. Take the survey for a chance to win $1000 or an iPod.

Majority of the time they dont respond with an appropriate answer so it's more often then not a "hi" or a "No". Like socially inept is ok but seriously listen when I'm talking to you dumbass.

I spent over 5 mins one day telling a customer that the restroom in our store is unisex and then telling her that it means men and women can use the bathroom and we don't have separate restrooms for men and women. She still insisted on knowing where the women's restroom was. Then I said it was out of order and she walked out satisfied.

Other associates are morons. I called another store for one of my regular customers I allways take care of and asked for Peanuts in the shell. The associate at the store said they didn't have any and my customer left upset because none of our stores had them and she needed a lot of them. I get a call on my cell 30mins later from my friend the ASM at the other store saying "Yo just wanted to let you know we do have those peanuts. The associate you talked to didn't know what a peanut was and when she doesn't know the answer to something she says no right away." I'm like really? Really?

I'm so tired of explaining "NO I DON'T GET A DISCOUNT HERE" "No it's $1. Even tho it says $2.75 on those chips they are $1 here" "We are not the same as the .99 store so that gift card will not work here" "No the greeting cards are different prices. Some are 2 for $1 and some are $1. The tender thought ones are 2 for $1 and the forget me nots are $1ea. There is a sign saying that above the cards. Yes I know you found it in the wrong section but we didn't put it there and I can't discount it just because of that." "No we only do exchanges not cash returns"

jubeh
04-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Majority of the time they dont respond with an appropriate answer so it's more often then not a "hi" or a "No". Like socially inept is ok but seriously listen when I'm talking to you dumbass.

I do this more often now too. Especially when managers are around and they are asking me why my "engagements" aren't good. If I take away one thing from my life of retail it will be my ability to make people say shit that makes no sense.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 01:05 AM

Overselling is selling the customer stuff that is more expensive than what they actually need.

I had this dude try to do this to me the last time I went to Best Buy. I asked him if there was anything I could use with my new 360 so that I could get sound, cause I've got it plugged up to a monitor. He goes on about a pair of Turtle Beach headphones for like 70 bucks or so. And I'm like... yea, no. Thanks though, cause I know my shite. He kept insisting I get them, like over and over and over, and I knew there were alternatives, I even asked if they had the adapters in store.

Ordered two small adapters off Amazon for about two bucks, cracked open the 360 VGA cord, hooked em up to the adapters, plugged that into this small stereo set I've got. Bam. Saved about $68 right there.

Psy
04-25-2012, 01:08 AM
So you like to go to stores to make fun of the employees on purpose? Why would you do that? Huh? Well?

Edit: I also don't get how people (customers and employees alike) don't get that the number of hours a store has (meaning how many people are working at any given time in the store) is based in the amount of sales that store does that day week or previous day or week. Hours for shifts do not appear magically! So the more an employee sells and the more a customer buys means more man power in a store. Just because the line is long does not mean that store is rolling in the bucks and can get more guys to work in the store at that time. Also just because the line is long and you feel important or are too stupid to do shit early does not mean that you need to be an ass hat and yell "YOU NEED ANOTHER CHECKER! SERIOUSLY THERE'S THREE OF YOU FUCKERS IN HERE AND ONLY ONE REGISTER OPEN? HOW RETARDED ARE YOU YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!" because the fact o the matter is that not everyone in a store is register trained and depending on the store not everyone can run ANY register because most places assign tills (set amounts of cash used to make change at a register) to one person at a time and only a couple people need a till out on a register floor or it becomes an easy target to get robbed or just a waste of time because one of those dudes will likely never use the damn thing.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 01:11 AM
That salesperson was probably trying to push up his accessories number. Accessories are meant to be 30% of your total sales. The problem is most gaming accessories are obscenely expensive and hard to sell outside of console sales.

Hayashida
04-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Jeez Gunzet you shoulda just bought the headset whats wrong with you

GunZet
04-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Get off my case, bro.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 01:18 AM
What an asshole.

Psy
04-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Get off my case, bro.

You are the reason that mans family is on the streets. You are the cause of the poor economic state America is in. You cheap ass.

Edit: I have work at 4am and its almost 10:30pm. I have worked closing so long I don't fall asleep till about 12am-5am. This shift allways kicks my ass.

ClockHand
04-25-2012, 01:23 AM
I remember all the programed dialogues I did in my head to attend customers. It's a very robotic thing, almost like rpg dialogues.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 01:25 AM
You are the reason that mans family is on the streets. You are the cause of the poor economic state America is in. You cheap ass.

;A; WHY U SO MEEEEEN.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 01:26 AM

GunZ is one of the scumbag millionaires in charge of huge companies that hire illegal immigrants without any repercussions? Damn GunZ, lend me some money, I need money for the Warped Tour.

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 01:28 AM
If there's a cheaper alternative, why not go for it? Besides, the salesman probably met his quota, anyways. There are a lot of people out there who don't know their accessories and the like. Ugh, what really blows is when they complain about prices, as some of the other posters pointed out, or complain about something being out of stock, fuckers.... this one asshole had the gall to claim that a price on this one product was highway robbery, cheap fucking bastard, probably...

I remember this one time, there was a recall on tylenol babie aspirin or something, this one bitch came in with a vial and asked for a refund.... we didn't even sell that particular size, and I told her this and told her that I am not going to put up with this bullshit.. I don't know we may have had it and she may have bought it there, but man the attitude she had, fuck man.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 01:28 AM
For the record. I did spend about $235+ that day the dude was on my case about the headphones.
Earlier this year I spent about $2000+

Eh, I'd say I've spend about a good 3k at that one BestBuy so far, lol.

Psy
04-25-2012, 01:31 AM
I plan to go out like this

http://www.imglols.com/wp-content/main/2012_02/two-weeks-notice-cake-win.jpg

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 01:35 AM
That would've been a nice way to go, better than being fired because you have anger issues and curse too much, ha ha ha.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 01:36 AM
I remember all the programed dialogues I did in my head to attend customers. It's a very robotic thing, almost like rpg dialogues.

I can't tell if you are joking or not but at games workshop this is basically how it is. You learn a flowchart of statements and responses so when you talk to customers you are ultra consistent.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 01:42 AM
I'd always choose renegade, so that I get cool looking roboscars.

Psy
04-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Retail is not a hard thing to do. Just do what the hell her they tell you to and it will be fine as long as it isint violating any of your ethics or laws it's all doable. If you know that it's a rule to NOT do something them tell them that and see if you still have a job because it's a 50/50 chance that you will get fired for not or for doing it. I can handle retail. I hate retail because people are so stupid and I have to pick up the slack because I am just like that and take pride in even doing the things I hate. If my coworkers weren't such fuck ups I would be 100x's happier at work. I can act and just be totally out of character from my normal cynical self and lead or provide outstanding customer service but it would be so much easier if I knew I had some more people working with me that knew what the fuck they were doing. If I can ever get to management the first thing I am doing is retraining everyone on my shifts. I don't cuss a lot in my day to day life and I honestly fuss more freely on the Internet (bad habit I know). As for being angry I will not disagree with you there because I am in fact angry that there is no common sense among people anymore.

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Psy, I was talking about myself, you never actually struck me as the angry 'God damn it fuck you' type.

You know, I tried to do the whole 'Smile smile I'm happy working here, and am glad to lick the mud of the customers shoes' dance or whatever, but I couldn't, I mean damn, man if it was just that, maybe, but I also had to take shit from every single asshole customer, and I couldn't do that.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 02:00 AM
To be honest if I go to a store and an employee isn't smiling or is generally being shit I usually call them out if not just because I've been in retail for almost 5 years and I know it sucks but being social and smiling is part of the job.

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 02:02 AM
I did my job and that's good enough. Besides, the cashier was social enough with the customer already, so I usually didn't bother.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 02:03 AM
What happened to having a career. :/

Psy
04-25-2012, 02:06 AM
To be honest if I go to a store and an employee isn't smiling or is generally being shit I usually call them out if not just because I've been in retail for almost 5 years and I know it sucks but being social and smiling is part of the job.

Yea. As much as I hate hearing it a smile IS part of the uniform.

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 02:07 AM
What now?

GunZet
04-25-2012, 02:11 AM

As long as I don't get a bitch ass attitude from em, I'm fine with no smile. Sometimes people put on an act so fuckin' plastic that it's just hurtful, and I wanna get out of there as soon as possible.

Psy
04-25-2012, 02:12 AM
It's a saying or something that I was told a lot when I first started working. If you don't smile and acknowledge (sp?) a customer they are more inclined to steal to. It's the retail way of saying "I SEE YOU!"

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 02:13 AM
That's another reason why I didn't bother with a smile, it's a whole lot of effort for nothing, really.

I made eye contact with customers, though, it pained me....

jubeh
04-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Yeah if you dont smile and you work in retail you are a twat and it really is that simple. It is hard work, but that is because it is meant to be.

Psy
04-25-2012, 02:16 AM
It really isint ment for everyone. Just like being a teacher isint ment for people with short fuses. If retail isint your thing you need an office job where you can pretend no one exists outside your three grey cubicle walls (sounds fun actually).

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm glad I don't work in a store, anymore, seriously, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind working in a cubicle. That would be kind've fun, work a bit and on break, just eat chill, listen to some tunes or whatever, then back to work, nice and simple... also no dealing with returns and cart fetching, ha ha ha.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 02:34 AM
I'm glad I don't work in a store, anymore, seriously, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind working in a cubicle. That would be kind've fun, work a bit and on break, just eat chill, listen to some tunes or whatever, then back to work, nice and simple... also no dealing with returns and cart fetching, ha ha ha.
For. The. Rest. Of. Your. Life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRT9CMh3s8c

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 02:38 AM
As much as I'd like to carry out my life's ambition, well.... some one needs to do the boring work, I guess.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 02:55 AM
What happened to having a career. :/
a recent study in na shows that 85% of unversity graduates do not get a job in the career they studied for

jubeh
04-25-2012, 03:02 AM
I didn't even notice bacon had said that. Ah to be young and naive.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Which is why you gotta be skilled as fuck, and pummel the competition to a pulp. See you on the famous side, gaiz. I'll be sure to support my beloved community.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 03:31 AM
naievity is way more fun tham maturity. i've tried both

GunZet
04-25-2012, 03:38 AM
At 12?

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 03:41 AM
yes gunzet. at 12, maturity means understanding why people are assholes,being nicer, not complaing, caring for my little brother.... it has made me a really bad sleeper cause i was so stressed out with shit i had to do. naievety gives u the chance to act all innocent and removes resposibility

GunZet
04-25-2012, 03:43 AM
It's your duty at 12 upwards to 18 to be naive. Worry about maturity in the years to come, because youth doesn't last forever. Though if you wanna get older faster, it's your choice, lol.

You do have quite an insight though.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 03:43 AM
Can I just say happiness isn't that great? I'd go so far as to say it sucks.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 03:47 AM
It's your duty at 12 upwards to 18 to be naive. Worry about maturity in the years to come, because youth doesn't last forever. Though if you wanna get older faster, it's your choice, lol.

You do have quite an insight though.

why the hell would i want to be old!? live fast die young,thats me. though preferrably not until at least 42....
quote:youth is wasted on the young-some guy
i never really wanted that insight though.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Hey, we all gotta grow up at some point. Just can't choose when, lol.

Though I got my first taste of what the world was actually like when I played Mortal Kombat 3 on the SNES. I mean, that stuff really happens. We really DO have to stop Shao Khan, BUT HOW!?

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Strive not for happiness, but for contentedness - Liebe.

We invite him to a party as the Man of the hour, and while his guard is down, tie him up, and beat him to death with clubs. By the way, I loved playing as Stryker, lol, tripping people up with the nightstick, gunning them down, ha ha ha ha ha, so much fun.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Who the hell are you quoting.

You're not quoting yourself are you

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 03:56 AM
um, she sid she quoted herself,jubeh

i don't want to grow up. but i have to.*Siiiiiiigh*

GunZet
Haaaaaa. She.

Mr_Liebe
Why not? I say good stuff when I like.

Ah, it's all good, he made a small mistake. MM, I'm a dude.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Haha oh god duane is becoming a parody of himself

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Haaaaaa. She.

sorry liebe. thought u were a girl. a thousand apologies.

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Lol, well, after you create an alter ego, what's next?

It's cool, little boys make mistakes, don't worry about it.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 04:01 AM
Kill it

GunZet
04-25-2012, 04:02 AM
Kill it

No.

WhenRabbitsAttack
then burn the evidence

or you could not kill it at let it live out it's cyber days in peace

jubeh
KILL IT

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 04:04 AM
what did it ever do to you!?

thanks liebe.lol(you know im a girl,right?)

GunZet
KILL IT

AND I SAY NAY

jubeh
Finish it ITS BLUFFING

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 04:06 AM
nay! im a horse! nay!

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 04:07 AM
You're funny, Jubeh.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-25-2012, 04:09 AM
really?

i have to vamoose

buenos noches everybody!

jubeh
04-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Yeah Im fucking hilarious

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Yes, you are, ha ha ha.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 04:15 AM
How can you believe his lies? Look at his mustache.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 04:17 AM
http://i.minus.com/iG3nkL944JE6I.gif

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 04:17 AM
His highness does have a point.

Daaaaaw, lookit da dawgeeeee!!!!

jubeh
04-25-2012, 04:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NOaRY.gif

GunZet
04-25-2012, 06:34 AM
http://videobeta.net/gifs/6566.gif

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
I didn't even notice bacon had said that. Ah to be young and naive.

Most adults I know still have a career. *shrug* But yeah, the economy sucks. Going to College isn't enough anymore, you need a post-graduate degree. And that's just more money.

pajamajam
04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
A lot of people still don't have the careers they went to college for, and some have a career without even having gone to college. Most of the people in the latter category are in the military or around my dad's age, though, because everyone want you to have a degree in something now. The funny thing is, it's people like my dad who became experts through trial and error that end up cleaning up after the people who went to college. My old man made the manual that's being used for the blackhawk sim techs all over the country and his only post high school education was the training he got in the Marines.

ClockHand
04-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Hey, we all gotta grow up at some point. Just can't choose when, lol.

How to know if you have a good life and shouldn't be allowed to complain:
-You can choose when to mature/grow up.
-Your biggest fear is death.

I know, some people biggest fear are not going to the prom, or shit like that, well, that people do not have a good life, they have a freaking awesome life at the point where only stupid shit is to be fear.

Hayashida
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Surely death is a legitimate fear

AlmanacnamedTime
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Surely death is a legitimate fear

no its not.

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I think dying at a young age is more of a legitimate fear.

Hayashida
04-25-2012, 01:44 PM
so like tripping into a wood chipper and dying, you wouldn't be afraid of that? You'd be like "okay yeah this is fine"?

ClockHand
04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
As I said, death is the most scary thing when you have a good life. If you have to think in your family to have something to eat and a place to sleep, if you have to take care of some other person health, if you have to pull each month to make enough money to keep living, and not even mentioning all the social problems we all already have. Death becomes the last scary things of all.

If your life is good, you are not going to see life as something scary, but if your life is shitty, your are going to see life as the most scary shit ever.

Hayashida
04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Once you've been in a situation where there's a high chance of you actually being killed I think it becomes a lot more scary. Probably none of you have ever been in that situation so you can't say whether or not you fear death or not.

AlmanacnamedTime
04-25-2012, 01:52 PM
so like tripping into a wood chipper and dying, you wouldn't be afraid of that? You'd be like "okay yeah this is fine"?

no, fear of death is not legitimate, but fear of HOW is.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 02:18 PM
lol

Psy
04-25-2012, 03:06 PM

Boy dies in wood chipper accident
Published: April 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
SALEM, Conn., April 11 (UPI) -- A first-grade Connecticut boy died when he got sucked into a wood chipper his father was using for tree removal work, police said.

Jeffrey Bourgeois, 6, of Salem picked up a tree branch when his father's back was turned and attempted to feed it into the wood chipper when he got sucked in, WTNH-TV, New Haven, Conn., reported.

Lt. J. Paul Vance said the child was pronounced dead at the scene.

Salem schools were on Easter vacation Tuesday when the accident occurred.

Grief counselors were at the school Wednesday when classes resumed.
Just remembered this.

Also on a new "why I can't stand the people I work with and there is no common sense anymore" note one of the dollar tree stores in town just had their store manager and an assistant store manager investigated for sexual harrassment, theft and drug charges. Turns out the SM trying to get a female ASM to take some money for him plus stealing. Ases of merchandise and coming onto her. Then turns out that both the male ASM and SM were selling steroids to customers. That stores SM's son works at my store btw. The ASM was arrested at work and escorted out of the store and there was no manager on duty until some one called another ASM for help.

Evil_Cake
04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
if death is so scary y are people doing it all the time

Hayashida
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
ahaha

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Suicide is Painless~

AlmanacnamedTime
04-25-2012, 05:52 PM
prove it.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

Sylux
04-25-2012, 10:51 PM
No clue how many times I've posted this video but it's a song about suicide. Notice the title and lyric: "Seconds from the end, what's it gonna be? Pull the trigger, bitch."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbo5GZEl_w

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 10:53 PM
I like mine better.

Sylux
04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
You know, as a dude who has attempted suicide before, I only count myself lucky that my family doesn't own a gun.

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
I had an epiphany, myself.

GunZet
04-25-2012, 11:18 PM
You know, as a dude who has attempted suicide before, I only count myself lucky that my family doesn't own a gun.
If it ever comes down to it, my preferred method would be asphyxiation. Painless, like falling asleep, except your brain dies.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-25-2012, 11:21 PM

Mmmm. I can relate.

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 11:24 PM
More and more, I'm starting to love the idea of dying in my sleep at the ripe ol age of like... I don't know.... 80? Like Maude from Harold and Maude said, 80 just seems like the perfect time to go.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah can't wait until Im old and I shit my pants and forget everything

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Mmm, the fun of incontinence.

jubeh
04-25-2012, 11:30 PM
I would do it now if it weren't for having to clean up all the mess

Inksprout
04-25-2012, 11:33 PM
yeah once you get old you can make someoone else do it

Mr_Liebe
04-25-2012, 11:37 PM
'Dabnabit, I didn't fight in world war 3 just so that when I was old and shat myself my grandchild would refuse to clean up my shart' lol.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-26-2012, 01:01 AM
i don't know if i want to get old and die.... id rather just go out in a blaze of glory when i can't highkick random dicks in the head. which will probs be in my late thirties

Psy
05-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Finally got to talk to my Dm. Said she wants me to get my license and a car because I can't be promoted in the same store because it's to hard to be a boss when you've been these peoples friend.
Then she said allso she wouldn't promote anyone from a store this messy and trashed.
Now the optimistic. She has heard good things about me and my boss himself has mentioned me to her and I told her when she asked what needs improvement and told her the training all around.
I told her what I see that's not being done right and where things are going wrong so she said she wants to hear from my boss that I am stepping up and taking charge when I see managers are not and that I am out preforming them.
When I left I said goodbye to her and she said that my boss would be giving me some extra things to do to get me up to par with where they need me to be for a promotion. So I have to be a back seat manager AGAIN and go even further beyond the above and beyond I've been doing.

Retail is cruel. It's true what they say "in retail they expect you to do more for and with less".

GunZet
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Jeezus, man. You're being pulled all over the place, how do you even put up with it all.

Psy
05-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm an idiot with pride?
I don't like being told I'm not good enough and if I can't make it to management in this shitty ass company its going to bug me forever like "wtf is wrong with me? Am I one of the lazy worthless pos's that I despise working with? Am I ever going to amount to anything semi respectable?"
It's like being rejected by the biggest loser in school or something.
I have a high tolerance for bull shit. I know I can do this and I can do it well so my pride dictates that I will do everything and anything they tell and expect of me plus more.

ClockHand
05-03-2012, 01:28 PM
I learned a long time ago that mediocrity is perfection. If you try to be good at your work, you are not going to win more and you are just going to get exploited, if you are too bad you are MIGHT get kicked (which is pretty weird to happen), so the best option is be mediocre.

GunZet
05-03-2012, 01:30 PM
That's assuming you want to fit in with something, and you know how it works. Which is bs, but true in some/most cases. Seems like there's no more room in the real world for people who know what they're doing.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-04-2012, 12:47 AM
in some ways i agree with clock. the better you are at whatever ur doing, the higher the standard is raised. its a helluva lot to live up to.

pajamajam
05-04-2012, 09:28 AM
If you're able to barely finish an insane amount of stuff before you have to go home, they pile more and more shit on until you can't possibly finish it all, and then you get a write-up for not doing your job. That or you're expected to pick up others' slack and do all of your own shit as well.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-05-2012, 05:21 AM
AMEN!

Psy
05-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Ok last night after closing my manager (female) and the cashier (also female also bffs) are sitting in the office talking about if they would ever have a three way. I was separating gobacks and then they finally think to ask if I can hear them but I lied and made it seem like I couldn't.
I'm just like seriously? I'm busting my ass and this cashier makes sure she is main (the main person on register who is allso the only other person allowed to count out money besides a manager when se close) so they can sit in the office and talk to each other after closing and that's why? The front of the store was fucked up and gobacks all over because neither one is good at their job and I'm doing all this for a promotion I may never get while a manager talks about having a three way?!

I cleaned half the store myself while neither one of them could get the 1/4th they are responsible for clean. I want to report this but I highly doubt they will do anything and even then it's circumstantial I guess so no proof and it may just be a warning to them then I'd just have two mad bitches to work with.

ClockHand
05-06-2012, 06:55 PM
So, they would made a three way?

Psy
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
As far as I heard both would have one but I heard nothing about having one together. Both agreed its be fine if it was them their respective boyfriends and another woman but not a man. Also it'd be a friend they really trusted that they knew would never tell.

I have no proof of any of their convorsation but I know I should report this as sexual harassment.

ClockHand
05-06-2012, 07:13 PM
I don't know if that is the best idea right now, I mean about reporting them not the three way; because of your situation right now.

pajamajam
05-06-2012, 11:39 PM
So I was moved to the fabrics department. My first day over there was Wednesday and my second day was yesterday. I seriously have no idea what I'm doing. They showed me how to cut fabric, told me where the freight was in the back, and then nothing. No training or guidance or anything. There's not even a list of shit I have to try and get done before I leave. I've just been working freight until 4 and then trying to straighten out and reorganize all the shit on the shelves. I really feel like there's other stuff I need to be doing, but no one can tell me what. The only other people who've been around for me to ask are in other departments and couldn't tell me anything. I'm really hoping I can get some answers tomorrow, because this shit is just confusing.

Other than that, I'm really happy over there so far. People actually ask me for help and advice. Instead of "fuck you why can't you put a dick on my cake my husband fought for your freedom you ungrateful cunt" I get "Hey, I'm making a giant pillow for my dog, what kind of supplies do I need?" It's so empowering that I feel pathetic for being so happy about it.

ClockHand
05-06-2012, 11:50 PM
that remains me that my little cousin is making "my little pony" pillows.

Hey at least you get nice people, that's a lot for any job that is about dealing with people.

GunZet
05-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Hopefully nobody gets in your face for being confused, due to their lack of communication.

pajamajam
05-07-2012, 12:20 AM
They'd better not. I've been asking questions even when I'm not sure I'll get an answer, and I actually stopped a manager yesterday asking about a task list.

jubeh
05-07-2012, 12:45 AM
When I worked at wal-mart the fabric ladies did absolutely nothing unless somebody needed them to like cut something

pajamajam
05-07-2012, 12:58 AM
As far as I can tell that's about it, except for stocking and zoning.

Celestial-Fox
05-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Blagh, even though I'm only the copy editor for the paper, somehow I ended up distributing for nearly four hours today. My feet hurt! New respect for our distributors.

ClockHand
05-07-2012, 01:02 AM
still waiting my paper.

Psy
05-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Exactly^.

I work near a Walmart and I don't see them do much but they are all older. They cut restock any fabric that is pulled out and put away anything people decide they don't want. I'm actually quite jealous PJj!

jubeh
05-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Maggie just make ridiculous outfits for yourself

ClockHand
05-07-2012, 01:46 AM
I bet she is going to start to: A) cosplay, B) do pillow or C) drinking.

pajamajam
05-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Well I already make crafty shit and weird clothes, and I drink fairly often, so I guess cosplay's the next step.

I've always been into crafts and sewing, and I was actually really excited when I was told I was moving over to that area. I've already got some stuff earmarked and have started mentally matching fabrics to the patterns I put away. We've got a couple in the clearance bin that I just want to buy the rest of the bolt cause they're so awesome. We actually have the biggest, nicest fabric selection I've ever seen at a Walmart.

GunZet
05-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Make fishnet leggings out of fish.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-07-2012, 03:27 AM
:D nice one gunz. do you have different types of fabrics as well as styles PJj?

ClockHand
05-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Well I already make crafty shit and weird clothes, and I drink fairly often, so I guess cosplay's the next step.

I've always been into crafts and sewing, and I was actually really excited when I was told I was moving over to that area. I've already got some stuff earmarked and have started mentally matching fabrics to the patterns I put away. We've got a couple in the clearance bin that I just want to buy the rest of the bolt cause they're so awesome. We actually have the biggest, nicest fabric selection I've ever seen at a Walmart.

What ever you do, post pictures of it.

pajamajam
05-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Will do, Clock.

:D nice one gunz. do you have different types of fabrics as well as styles PJj?

We have just about any type you can think of. There's a lot of quilting fabric, but that's true even for larger craft stores like Joann or Hancock. There's not a great selection of upholstery or canvas material, which makes me a little sad cause I love making bags. We have just about any type of apparel fabric you can think of, though.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-07-2012, 03:58 AM
cool :D i made a fox hat out of polar fleece once. there's a pic on my gallery.check it out!

Celestial-Fox
05-07-2012, 07:46 AM
still waiting my paper.
You'll have to talk to our actual distributor for mail-ins. XD

Byakuran
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Oh guys, most of you know but i work as a cassier in a supermarket, its an oke store, not super big but not small....

WELL
GUESS WHO GOT A WARNING ON HER FILE NOW?

Yes its me.
I worked there for more than a year, but i forgot to see a beerthing twice.. They said if i make another mistake i'm fired
But they don't really want to fire me :l. Man.. Working there isnt even fun, but being fired isnt either >.>

ClockHand
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
If they fire you, you fire them back.

Byakuran
05-08-2012, 01:32 PM
" I'M NOT GETTING FIRED D:< I QUIT ! " nah jk

I've never been one for real drama type, it just really sucks.

ClockHand
05-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Do they sell kerosene in the store? If so, I don't see how it's any drama to fire them back, you are even going to pay for it.

Celestial-Fox
05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Weeeh, should I look for a summer job to supplement the one I already have?

Psy
05-08-2012, 05:47 PM
What's a beerthing?

And depends if you only need pocket money seef and if you have plans to do something fun during summer.

Celestial-Fox
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't want to go anywhere over the summer, and I'd like to have money to pay for school. D:

Byakuran
05-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Like a beer crate
http://www.bierkoerierbarendrecht.nl/images/hertog-jan-krat-bier_1107959598_copy_1108108045.gif

, a lot of customers do it under their wagon and i sometimes forget to see it, they usually say it.... but yeaaaah :l
I'm really bummed, but i guess i just make mistakes, i'll try to pay more attention >_>

pajamajam
05-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Just make a habit of asking every customer if there's anything in the bottom of the cart.

Byakuran
05-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I'll try =(

Mr_Liebe
05-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Lol, I loved the feeling I got when I lifted up a bag of dog food out of the bottom of the cart, and saw the customers face when it was revealed they had several items beneath it, ha ha ha. There were times the customers were being honest, but eh.

Bya, don't be too hard on yourself, some of these people have been doing this for a long time, but now that you're more aware, I'm sure this won't ever happen again :).

Psy
05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Once it becomes a scary thing to happen you are more likely to be aware of it when it does happen.

had a dream i was learning to drive and getting comfortable at it then woke up to an email saying theres a manager position opening up somewhere in our district and to apply so i did. Now im getting an ugly premonition about this because one of the DM's conditions was "Learn to drive and get a car so you can get to anywhere I send you" so im like OTZ because i could be shooting myself in the foot/applying to fail right now and possibly only not get the job because I cant drive.

pajamajam
05-12-2012, 03:37 AM
I believe in you, Psy.

Celestial-Fox
05-12-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm sure you can do it! It's really intimidating at first, but I've been calming my min behind the wheel lately, and that helps a ton. Though I'm sure it's not the same situation for me as it is for you, because I presume you live in a far more populated area than Alaska.

Sylux
05-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Just be a man Psy. I drive in Virginia. The worst drivers in America.

Celestial-Fox
05-12-2012, 03:26 PM
*New Jersey

ClockHand
05-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Psy, you can do it, you just need to know how to handle the car. Don't fight with it, love it, spoon with it, show him the man you are and you will see you are going to pass the test.

Guys, I invite anyone to Chile, so you can see what are bad drivers.

Evil_Cake
05-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Just be a man Psy. I drive in Virginia. The worst drivers in America.

wat YEAH RIGHT

Sylux
05-12-2012, 04:23 PM
The Chinese are the worst drivers in the world.

Outcast
05-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh god yes.

jubeh
05-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Wow racist

Sylux
05-12-2012, 05:35 PM
No not Chinese people. People from China jeez.

ClockHand
05-12-2012, 05:39 PM
A woman in here parked on a disabled spot (don't know if its the proper word in English) so she could go to her Yoga class, the thing is a guy discussed about this again the woman (and recorded in a video the discussion) and the woman believed it was her right to park there.

Dunno, but for my in Chile they suck at driving in any sense, even at parking. We are not that bad as in some zones of Peru or Bolivia, where drivers are crazy.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-12-2012, 11:41 PM
you want to see a hotspot for bad driving, go to the arc de triomphe in france

you wanna see the worst roads go on a road trip through india. the main highways are gravel at some points, i kid you not.