PDA

View Full Version : Fabiafidus' scrapyard

Fabiafidus
01-15-2011, 11:56 AM
So hello everyone. I decided to migrate from the old site :)

As mentioned earlier i have been messing ALOT with poses and stances.

On this pic i used refarences for the arms, and the feet. (skeleton refarence on the leg direction)

Cloths, body, head and hair was my own inspiration.

Crit as much as possible on this pic. i want every single detail! :D

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/015/c/2/rique_in_battlestance_by_animeculture-d378b6v.jpg

Matt
01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Huh. Shame you don't have a flurry of replies by now. Your art's cool.

I said it on DA already, but your lineart rocks. The daggers are nice, even in perspective, and you have a better handle on anatomy than I eve have. But look at her pose. I'm not sure if you can pass that off as high flexibility, but her foot planted on the ground like that with her knee bent the way it is doesn't seem possible. Your kneecap won't bend like that when the foot's in that position, I don't think. It's reeeally close, though.

whoosh
01-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Man, this is pretty excellent stuff. My only problems are that the scarf pretty much deprives her of any neck and that she could do with a bit more shoulder around there somewhere. The former isn't so much an anatomy issue as a style one: while it's not technically wrong, it's more flattering to have some of the neck visible. And as for the latter problem, her shoulders are really far too slight. That's easily fixed by just pushing the arms out a bit at the point where they join into the torso.

All in all, nice work! I look forward to what else you come up with.

Fabiafidus
01-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I mentioned the right foot, and im glad that you notice it aswell, deffinally something awkward about that knee.

@whoosh: Its pretty exiting to see you did point out the neck and shoulder area. Looking at the bluesketch, i see that i might wanted to actually lift the shoulders abit. thanks again for mentioning it, i'll look into it.

btw, doesnt the right hand seem a little... too big? when i made it, i kept rechanging it because i were unsatisfied, i hoped this would be the perfect one, but still seems too big, even perspectively.

my purpose of the picture:

I were kinda tired of my boring and dull images, like standing up, smiling, holding something, random stuff. ect ect.

I found this pose tutorial, which reminded be to avoid average anime posures, they tend to be boring, but acturally, you tend to draw them alot. I discovered my bad habbit and started sketching like crazy.

My goals were clear, the pose needed to be:

- Rare
- Dynamic
- Eye catchy.

and that i think i achieved by that image.

I would take the time to add a FAQ, just in case that you are abit curious.
(this was primary done for my DA account, but it took a long time to write, so i add it here aswell. hope its ok.)

FAQ:

"Why do you allways draw female characters?"

"Well, lets face it, i'm a guy, and i like manga/anime, I can't hide from it. basicly, i enjoy doing female anatomy alot more then male characters, and i dont got any plans to start some advanced manga or anything in the nearest future. However, if i want to get moving seriusly, i admit, i might need to study male anatomy alot more."

"All your stuff is generally... no .. entirely anime based, how come?"

"In all it's simplyness, i am a pure anime fan. I got about 65 figmas, anime towels hanging everywhere in my fanroom, and filled with anime VHS and dvd's, 2 monitor screens with anime backgrounds, a glass desk with imprinted images of K-on, and i got the model guitar: "gitah" from k-on aswell. I don't really have to say anything else but that i abselutely love anime.

but thats not all there is to it. As i started drawing in the school at an early age, i stopped when i grew 16 years old, i simply forgot all about manga and anime. I cought a grasp of music aswell, and as 17 years old i got a mixupult, a wavepad, and a keyboard and practiced as hell in creating catchy tracks, i am far from proffessional though :3 anyways, one day, (shortly after i turned 20) i discovered my now favorite dj's of them all: DJ satomi. Simply seen on youtube, i heard those earcandy waves and vibes, and then they all came with an anime character (a female) as a front picture on all the songs.

I fell in love with it, i mean, it was so perfect, trance and anime was the best sync of images and sound i ever could have imagined, and from that day, i entered the world of anime alot more, i started to expand my horizont in the anime community, and started collecting. I started watching animes and they totally cought me.

Later i discovered Hatsune miku and i was sold. My purpose was clear: I wanted to be able to create anime figures, and use sound to express em as more then a picture.

What can i say? anime and music is more important to me now then oxygen. :D

So, How is your sexuality? based on these aspects?

I'm not into hentai at all. Drawing females have nothing to do with a hentai complex at all, thats just the way i am, i saw how female anime characters matched the epic sync in a trance, and thats the sole reason.

My sexuality stays in the real life with my gf

CypressDahlia
01-18-2011, 01:15 PM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7508/riqueinbattlestancebyan.jpg

1.) The fingers are strangely proportioned. The middle finger should always have the longest digits, then ring, then index, then pinky.
2.) I moved the arm forward. They way you had it drawn, the shoulder seemed to be barely attached to the torso and rooted too far from the chest.

Everything else, I think is self explanatory. Though, this drawing in general is awesome, dude. Really good dynamics, a good sense of motion and generally solid anatomy with a few flaws in terms of posturing and position. Proportions, on the other hand, you have down almost perfectly (taking the style into consideration), aside from the long arm.

Fabiafidus
01-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Nicely spotted Dahlia. Everything makes sence.

hmm, on her right foot, i maybe should not have bend the leg that much. in the redline, it looks mroe like she is in a "stand still --> dodging" motion, atleast it seems like that to me.

I wanted it to make it look like she was "stopping op. and then ready to engage"

Very nice redline! i will make use of it! thanks :D

Fabiafidus
02-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Here we go again.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/051/b/7/hot_spring___base_lineart_by_animeculture-d3a0c8y.jpg

notations:

- Hands
- arms, too small or too short.
- Waist, might be a little too thin.
- feet needs dynamics.

other then that i dont really spot that much.
help me.

Celestial-Fox
02-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I really like the way you do lineart. The way you did the folds under the breasts are quite visually interesting.

Fabiafidus
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm doing my best, thank you. anything i should work on more?

Renzokuken
02-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow, dude. Every time I see your art, you improve! Do you and Matt have a secret you're not hiding? XD

That first is like, awesome bro! Super dynamic and done well (the flaws have already been pointed out). The second one is well done too, the creases are done well and the hair's nicely done, too. The arms, however are a little short (though I think you've pointed that out). Also, in comparison to the legs, the torso is relatively small so some adjustments may need to be made. Nice work, man!

brain132
02-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Awesome art! I love it!

Fabiafidus
02-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Spend all day messing with a more detailed style. i started to hate them thick lines man!

so. after a bounch of practice i started to make my mascot cover art for my utube uplaods of trance tracks:

so far:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/055/d/c/dj_mascot_by_animeculture-d3abcas.jpg

Fabiafidus
02-25-2011, 05:52 PM
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/056/8/8/dj_mascot2_coverart_by_animeculture-d3adiyt.jpg

Crits pls.

Speed drawing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs_pn6fO62c

The character is, as i call it, a Monoloid. A co-op character to any vocaloid. A "vocaloid" which is the figure of sound, as the vocaloids are the vocals.

Frostfyr3
02-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Hmm, try varieting the lines, like using a thicker one where where the darker places are are... I don't know how to explain it, hope you got it, sorry.

Fabiafidus
02-26-2011, 05:18 PM
(pls forgive me if this is against the rules of this forum, i just thought you would see the outcome of corrections)

Thanks for all the tips and corrections. and here is the outcome.
A video will be up soon, maybe you could correct me on the drawing technique aswell then.

Total time: 4 hours.
Done in paint tool sai.

Now, i wanna hear crits on the colouring, shading/highlightning

(fullscren view: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/057/7/7/my_dj_cover__by_animeculture-d3agriv.jpg)

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/057/7/7/my_dj_cover__by_animeculture-d3agriv.jpg

Fabiafidus
02-26-2011, 06:58 PM
speed paint: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQzidBPfWWA

Gedeon
02-26-2011, 07:09 PM
HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYY .....erm.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK!!!!!!!!its amaizing EVERYTHING SO CLEAN! THe shading awsome!! AAHHH!! Only one thing tough the legs kinda dont mix with the picture cuy of simplecity BUT WHATEVER EVERYTHING ELSE IS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Fabiafidus
02-26-2011, 07:31 PM
^^' err, im glad you liked it, hehe. I'm curious about you mentioning legs :) am i able to get it specificly?

Matt
02-28-2011, 08:42 AM
I believe he's thinking about the knees--they look sorta thick for that sorta character. It's the exact same "problem" I have (I put "problem" in quotes because according to real human anatomy, the knees are about that thick).

I really need to get lineart of your quality. I'm guessing you ink your lines in one stroke each (with the help of undo), but how do you get them exactly where you want?

Fabiafidus
02-28-2011, 11:58 AM
1. When i make strokes, i have my equalizer on S-3 and when i sketch, or brush and colour generally, i use 4

2. Practice i guess. it comes with habbit to control the strokes.

Celestial-Fox
02-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Ooh, the piano border of that dress looks really, really nice.

jaidurn
03-01-2011, 04:23 AM
I'm a fan of your coloring. It wows me how much you've improved.

Fabiafidus
03-01-2011, 07:45 AM
I wish i recorded these. The first one i did not record because i was playing around with the vector style. However, i started to record the second one. but the file was corrupted afterwards ...

Im not sure how its possible to critique this, but maybe you could help me on the body langauge:

Here is Rique in the Panty and Stocking style.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8691/rique.jpg

And here is the fanart of panty herself:

OBS: ((The face was acturally traced! I was playing with the style. Rest was kinda inspirational and impulsive.))

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/059/5/7/panty_poledance_school_uniform_by_animeculture-d3amhqk.jpg

Fabiafidus
03-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I wanna do more Pencil works in the future. I will get more practical knowledge that way.

I havent really done pencil drawings since i got my tablet! O_O huge fail by me.

Anyways, damn, its so different. here goes:

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/064/d/5/random_pencil_elf_thing_by_animeculture-d3az9s2.jpg

Crits pls.

PWhit
03-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I dig the style, but the positioning of the legs and feet in the sketch you made is kinda strange to me, to be honest. Personally I would have done a splade position. (Splade is the position you fire a gun standing up, but correct me if I am wrong if it is called something else.)

Other than that nice job.

Mr_D
03-05-2011, 07:05 PM
To me the legs aren't that weird, but the feet are. To fit the perspective you can make them point more downwards. Everything else looks great! ;D

Fabiafidus
04-10-2011, 03:27 PM
So, im back after a looong time.

anyways. thanks for the feedbacks.

Now i will come with something abit .. different, which might be hard to critique, but please try.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/100/7/1/simple_cartoon_character_by_animeculture-d3dohow.jpg

Nyarlathotep
04-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Hm... a rat-man with headphones... that's some sick lineart you've got there. Very cool.

Gedeon
04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
please don't tell that you acquired such line-art skills simply form experience and practice:cat_whyyou: Also a really cute cartoonish look style! I only think hes right arm is a bit funky but it still gives a nice feel of awkwardness to the whole pic!!!

Fabiafidus
05-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Sorry for the late answer Gedeon. Dont worry about the lineart, its the stabilizer tool in paint too sai, it helps you alot. you should try it out.

ehm. a quick softcolourd Miku hatsune fanart.

Just abit different style once and a while .. spend less time on lining and more on colouring.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/111/c/2/miku_hatsune_fanart_by_animeculture-d3ejz7x.jpg

Fabiafidus
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Yey, back again.

This next piece, i will thank Commander lordz himself, he have been giving me alot of tips lately! im thankful! thank lordz!

Anyways, I wanna hear some crits of the Peoplez of MT!

This is a character for a story im working on, Alpha Relic.

She is the carrier of death But name not yet implimented.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/125/e/6/carrier_of_death_by_animeculture-d3fnr1o.jpg

nisaren
05-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Looks pretty sweet. From a first glance the only thing that stood out to me as being off is her forearm seems to have an odd curve to it. In addition, her hand looks odd as well - I think it may have to do with the thumb placement. Other than that very nice. :)

Cloudy
05-06-2011, 02:01 AM
She has a very nice face and your lineart is always amazing.

In the perspective you have chosen her thighs look a little too short, I would try looking at reference pictures of a similar pose.
the arm placed on the wall looks off. The wrist and arm should curve downward not upwards.

You are improving a lot I look forward to seeing more :)

Lady_Knife
05-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Hey I remember you! Sweet looking line art. I just wanna ask, what happened to her left arm? Also, love the lacey details on her skirt. Did you draw that in or use a custom brush? What settings do you use for line art? (e.g. size of canvas, brush opacity/hardness)

Send my regards to Commander lordz! Haven't seen him in a while and I miss his epic art.

Fabiafidus
05-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Nis@: Thanks for the notation of the arm. ill look into it.

Cloudy@: Thanks for specificly notate the tights ^^ i never saw that one. cheers.

Lady_knife@: I didnt use brushes, i simply drew alot of cirlces. I cant use advanced brushed in paint tool sai ^^ On my setting i use a Brush. Usually i use a 1000x1000 canvas, but sometimes i make it higher as in this one, but definally around 1000. and i leave the pixel be as it is. he opacity and hardness are by default. When i do lineart i switch between "s-3" and "s-7" on the stabilizer setting.

Also, i let Lordz know.

I'm not sure i should tell what he is doing now, but all i can say is he is working on a game for someone ;)

Fabiafidus
05-06-2011, 07:30 PM
And here she goes colourd:

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/126/d/6/carrier_of_death_coloured_by_animeculture-d3fqicm.png

And btw yes, i did see your critiques, but I kinda just went on colouring without correcting the errors. ^^ cheers again.

P.S i wanna add that i havent been on MT for a while, ( i think i did mention that hehe. ) anyways, My interrest in drawing grew alot lately, and i spoke with some artists, and i have a certain goal now, learning moe.

I hope you guys can gimme some hints and crits in the future ^^'

indescribable
05-06-2011, 08:39 PM
First off, I adore your lines. -envy-

As for the colouring, here are a few tips.

- Try using less black and white for large, soft highlights and shadows (for example, on the stockings). Very rarely are shadows and highlights truly black or white. In my opinion, white works best for small, sharp, occasional highlights.

- Very few things are ever "pure black". When colouring with black, try tinting it with a colour such as blue or yellow.

- When shading, try to emulate the type of light that is shining on your character. Strong light produces strong shadows, soft light, in turn, produces soft shadows.

Yellow light (from a sunny day, or incandescent lightbulbs) will usually give your picture warmer tones, whereas bluish light (from a cloudy day, or fluorescent lighting) will give it cooler ones.

If the light appears to be pure white, consider your characters surroundings. If your character is sitting in a red room, the reflected light will probably have a reddish hue to it.

- When colouring and shading, remember that you don't just have to stick to one colour and make it darker or lighter -- you can also play with the saturation and hue of the colour. Highlights may be quite yellow while shadows become blue, or vice versa, depending on the light.

You already seem to be applying some of these ideas to certain areas of your drawing, but I just thought I'd mention them because it seems like other areas could be improved when keeping these things in mind. As a final note, I think I'll just mention that it appears like there is no shading on the skin of the girl's thighs.

*whew* I hope this isn't too long and complicated o _ o; -- sometimes I get carried away. > . >
M'looking forward to seeing more. x]

Fabiafidus
05-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the tips on colouring. I do have problems due to me being colorblind, its some familily thing, but its not a bad case colour blindness. Anyways, the past time, i seem to acturally have trained my eyes to catch certain colours while in a combination of, or beside another colour.

I havent spoken to a docter yet, but is it possible to train away colourblindness? just in case somebody knows ^^

indescribable
05-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Ahaha, well that could certainly make it difficult, although I don't think one can tell from looking at your work.

I'm not sure that there's much that one can do about colour blindness, but you should definitely see an eye doctor either way. Do you have any idea as to what type of colour blindness is it? Anyway, keep it up.

Fabiafidus
05-07-2011, 06:24 AM
The colours im uncomfortable with are; Red vs green, Green vs teal, and brown vs red.

Fabiafidus
05-10-2011, 05:36 PM
so anyways: Nebula in a different stylework.

Inspiration: Bleedman on DA and PSG (the series)

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/130/5/8/nebula_from_alpha_relic_by_animeculture-d3g1r9z.jpg

Gedeon
05-10-2011, 05:55 PM
OAO .......the line-art.............................OAO............... .OAO........Well cant find any mistakes here, but the part of the chain that is the last defined one (the one just before the spinning effect) seems a bit wierd. But thats just me and my syndrome of Everythinghastohaveatleastonemistake.

Fabiafidus
05-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Cheers Gedeon!

here is the Lineart version. Hopefull, that would change the errors

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/133/5/5/nebula_from_alpha_relic___line_by_animeculture-d3g9har.jpg

CypressDahlia
05-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Your linework is great, but I don't think the arm swinging the chain shows enough motion. It doesn't seem to be swinging anything.

Fabiafidus
05-16-2011, 06:11 PM
@Cypress:

Thanks for the correction >w<

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/136/0/7/carrier_of_death_coloured2_by_animeculture-d3gic0l.png

I dint correct it before i colourd it, but dont worry, i just coloured it real quick catoony style, before i moved on to my next project.

Rio
05-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Nice progression! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece. C:

Celestial-Fox
05-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Can I just seriously reinforce that I would marry your lineart? Seriously, now. XD

Fabiafidus
05-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the comments. allthought, i wont work anymore on it. Im working on generalizing the style abit for later use. and i need your help on anatomy and perspectives.

Here is a sketch:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/137/f/6/nebula_sketch_by_animeculture-d3gkpl9.jpg

Fabiafidus
06-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Mew as a personilized character ^^

Its super fun to make pokemons look like humans, its great creative gymnastics.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/163/8/e/mew_as_personalized_character_by_animeculture-d3iqw1b.jpg

Fabiafidus
06-16-2011, 05:26 PM
a lil kitty cat.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/167/2/b/nyaaa_by_animeculture-d3j333k.jpg

Leannah
09-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Your first drawing is great, best drawing I saw today and it's REALLY late here!