PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Animation Paper - Free animation program

nisaren
01-14-2011, 10:33 AM
So I know that there's quite a few people that do or are interested in trying animation. I managed to stumble across a really nice program that has recently been released as freeware.

Here's the link to it's main page: Plastic Animation Paper (http://www.plasticanimationpaper.dk/).

I downloaded and tried it out. I was pleasantly surprised by how many nice functions there were in it. I definitely suggest looking at it. I think it used to cost around $700 before they made it free-ware.

Hope you all like, and I can't wait to see everyone's anime shorts.

Yara
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
This is going to be very useful, nisaren. I know some friends on another forum who may like it. Thanks, man =)

dikka
03-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you so much for sharing! The full version really was expensive as I can recall.

nisaren
03-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah, it was. I'm somewhat surprised they were able to sell it for that much actually. It's nice but... I don't think it's exactly $700-nice. At any rate, I'm glad you guys found it useful. I'm hoping to put together a little animation at some point, just not sure when I'll be able to get going on it.

LVUER
03-30-2011, 10:20 PM
I've tried it. A nice software... too bad it lacks of some important features, like the essential coloring feature and only support up to 6 layers, which is very disappointing.

isabellegohlt
03-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks for sharing! Now i do not need to waste paper.

nisaren
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
@LVUER I agree, there are some big things they could have included. Personally I think it most useful for blocking in and doing the rough pencil animation. Anything further would be better off being done in another animation program or even Photoshop. You just can't argue with the price now though. :D

@isabellegohlt No problem. Save the trees! :)

Gedeon
04-06-2011, 07:30 AM
ITs the dumbass again( ME :D ) Could you tell me where can i upload the PAP. file and that they can read it...youtube and anything else i tried cant rread it expte from itself........^-^' help.....?

nisaren
04-06-2011, 08:13 PM
I assume that the .pap file is merely for the Plastic Animation Paper program itself. You should have the option to export your animation in other more widely used formats. Go to the webpage I listed above and look at the tutorials, they should give a better idea of what to do than I can right now.

LVUER
04-06-2011, 10:37 PM
You should save the files as AVI files or other movie files. PAP should have that ability...

dikka
04-07-2011, 04:24 AM
It does have it, I have already saved this way. You click Alt+S and above the lines where you type the name of the file there are the different File types that you can choose from. Avi, tif, psd, png, gif, jpg... Lots of options there ^.^

Gedeon
04-07-2011, 04:58 AM
...Yeah .....my bad ^-^' SORRY guys.....there was the same thing from the start i only didnt recognize the extentiones for the files, they are diffrient in serbia, but still the program can read it......im hopeless TwT...thanks again