03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
anyone planning on getting it?

Sylux
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Just for Katamari and Dynasty Warriors

Regantor
03-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Always prefered the PSP over the DS.

We'll just have to see about what games they wanna throw us this time around.

Sylux
03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
PS3 games. Youll be able to play online with PS3 users iirc. But I'm just getting it cuz all the JRPGs went to PSP.

GunZet
03-15-2012, 02:40 AM
I used one in Best Buy recently, didn't like it. It's just.. bulky, I'll wait for a slim if they make one. Plus I heard it's not backwards compatible with UMD's, so I'm fine with my PSP for a while.

Regantor
03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I think the whole ditching UMDs completely thing (The "PSP Go" being the first to do it) was a pretty dumb idea too. Not only does it make the whole process of playing a game overcomplicated, but I'm sure pirates are going to abuse the hell out of the system now, too.

As for the games, eh, PS3-ness doesn't sway me that much. I wasn't alone in buying the 360 because it has basically the same back catalogue but cheaper.

The actual up-and-comming original games...

Dust 514 sounds kinda nice. It's a MMO shooter that's free to play and actually conjoins at the hip with Eve online players.

Shin Megami Tensei re-release... Nice, but I wouldn't buy a system over it.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories is probally the weirdest concept I've ever heard. Supposedly it's non-cannon and is "focusing on cooperative multiplayer action rather than traditional psychological horror."... Could be hilarious horrible-fun, could be an outright series killer if it actually gets released.

Even Touch my Katamari is supposedly full of recycled stages.

...So yeah, I wanna be optimistic, but I'm finding it a little difficult to not be on the fence. >_>

jubeh
03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Not supporting a dead format isn't dumb its just classic sony.

T1B3R1U5
03-15-2012, 03:56 PM
So much more worthy of it's own existence then even the most optimistic person could have suspected.

^----Tsk, what ever.

Sylux
03-15-2012, 07:45 PM
What the-

Regantor
03-15-2012, 08:32 PM
He was qouting "RosaAquaFire" from the gaming union forums, in regards to Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Clearly, such a person is quite the doofus.

[/Reg's bid to appear omnipresent]

T1B3R1U5
03-16-2012, 07:32 PM
And I thought everyone knew this, My bad Sy. And thanks for pointing that out Reg. I didn't know you were a Gaming Union forum member. (unless you really aren't but check it out every now and then)

Regantor
03-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm not, I just put all my stat points into googling. *v*

Back on topic... Yeah, the Vita. All in all it seems to be Sony's classic "Third parties can do whatever they want with it, just don't pirate us." sort of attitude. Not quite a gamers console, but not bad compared to the alternatives.

Well, mass-produced alternatives. I'd probally buy the OpenPandora (http://openpandora.org/) if it was just a wee bit cheaper.

GunZet
03-16-2012, 09:00 PM
I heard this one guy walk into Gamestop yesterday, looking to get a Vita, and he was like "so is it like a computer?" Dios mio, where has portable gaming gone.

Sconethief
03-17-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm very interested in the vita, though I'll probably wait a bit so I have some money for the console + games.

Axumite
03-19-2012, 03:29 PM
I will eventually.

BozeSG
03-24-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm kinda surprised that no one even mentioned vita's hardware capabilities (graphic processors, the rear and front touch panel, the augmented reality, the motion sensor, the super awesome LED screen...), there's lots of huge potential awesomeness there. and heck, if we're talking content here vita's launch games are better than any other consoles i've seen...

well, actually i already have got it, cuz i just wanted a hand-held game console and vita seemed the best choice (im not going to buy a psp now, and 3ds is just... ugh..) and i'm really amazed by the thing...

I used one in Best Buy recently, didn't like it. It's just.. bulky
vita's just a little bigger than psp, i think that deep down there's a voice that tells you that you're not quite ready yet, it's okay to give it some time, friend...

Sylux
03-25-2012, 01:55 AM
I still need a psp shyeeeeeet

GunZet
03-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Went back to Best Buy a few days ago, messed around with the Vita, took out my PSP... looked at the Vita. Walked off.

BozeSG
03-25-2012, 07:37 AM
like i said you're still not mentally prepared

GunZet
03-25-2012, 09:42 AM
If they made it support UMDs instead of making PSP games downloadable on a shoddy network, I'd be all over the Vita. But from my experience, PSN just works whenever it wants to, hell, it didn't even wanna take my money once, I had to go through another site just to get the key to activate on PSN.