PDA

View Full Version : Japxican: Critique this drawing?

Japxican
03-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I know there's a little tweaking that could be done to the hand, but I was mostly practicing my shading. Any suggestions on how to make it better? Anything I did really well? Thoughts, please.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2012/03/Japxican-boy-and-fairy_500.jpg?t=4f5c16a339a1c

Cloudy
03-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Hey Japxican, can you please rename your thread so it contains your forum name thanks! :)

Japxican
03-11-2012, 12:32 AM
How do I do that? A little technologically challenged here...

trilokcool3
03-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Omg !! Ja...px *speechless*
when did u... !!! Learning secretly hmmm....
Nvm
looks awesome , shades are awesome and only cofusion that i see is fairy's head became bigger .

Gedeon
03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Awesome. The shading is perfect and realistic.....unlike the eye. So it kinda bugs me.....not that you should be concerned about that. :D
ITs just that as i said you've nailed the shading but the eye kinda blows it all with its cute style. The little fairy too.... although its cute i think you could try and do more realistic stuff. Again thats just what i think if you like your style the way it is now then by all means continue. Also the hand is....blobby? I think the three fingers behind are .....too fat.

Chuchu
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Wow! I've always wanted to shade like that, I know it takes some practice, so I commend you on that! The hand seems a little on the thick side. The face is really well shaded but there's something about that seems a tad bit off, maybe the length of the face or hair.

But it's really lovely, I want to see more from you soon~

Japxican
03-13-2012, 09:35 PM
@trilokcool - I used to always have trouble with drawing big heads. Thx for the input.

@gedeon - thx for the critique. I'm awful with doing realism; cartooning's more my style, but I'll keep that in mind.

@Chuchu - I don't see what's off about the face, but I agree about the hand. Hands are a bit of a tough one for me.

Thanks for the critiques! I'll be sure to upload more so I can improve. :D

Japxican
05-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Am I allowed to double post in my own art thread? Someone please tell me.

I've been practicing my digital art. I use a mouse for colouring, which has its challenges, but I'm actually kinda happy with this one. Please tell me what you think.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2012/05/Japxican-hero-6_500.jpg?t=4fc303fe208e2

And if I'm in the wrong for double posting, I deeply apologize. My thread's been pretty old for a while.

JJJorgie
05-28-2012, 01:07 AM
I really like this! Great coloring job! I have no critiques. :)

trilokcool3
05-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Awesome!!
That superhero suit just kind of reminds me of elastic girl from movie ''Mr incredible''.
Nice coloring . Nice work . :) :)

Sylux
05-28-2012, 10:03 AM
whoa looks badass mang

Gaff
05-28-2012, 11:05 AM
The colours are looking good (especially if you're just using a mouse), but I think I'd move his nose and mouth up a bit higher. The nose looks quite long at the moment and the mouth seems very close to the edge of his chin. Alternatively, if you feel that would make the nose too short, you could try placing his chin a little lower down to balance out the features.