PDA

View Full Version : What projects are you working on?

apples13
02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
is anyone working on programming, make development, app development, or some other interesting projects? talk about them here

I am working on a 3d rotational modeler

http://i.imgur.com/fTgDd.jpg

GunZet
02-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Ahh, irc, what you're working on is similar to, if not exactly like a lathe modifier, right?

As for me, I'm not really working on anything actually. Plenty of dead projects. Guess I could say I'm working on a Zbrush model atm, but I haven't touched it since the day I started it.

apples13
02-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Ahh, irc, what you're working on is similar to, if not exactly like a lathe modifier, right?

As for me, I'm not really working on anything actually. Plenty of dead projects. Guess I could say I'm working on a Zbrush model atm, but I haven't touched it since the day I started it.

This is a hand coded 3d modeler coded in c++ and openGL. Triangle strip tessellation algorithms were used.

GunZet
02-25-2012, 05:24 PM
And the goal is to make a 3D object out of a spline using the X plane, right? Cause that's what it looks like. Looks like it's working real nice too btw.

apples13
02-25-2012, 05:37 PM
And the goal is to make a 3D object out of a spline using the X plane, right? Cause that's what it looks like. Looks like it's working real nice too btw.

thanks, yes it should be made by rotating a spline but I just figured out how to switch the axis of rotation. I am using bubble sort to make sure that you are making a spline that is all over the place

Sylux
02-25-2012, 10:23 PM
I am working on the very best project.

apples13
02-25-2012, 10:30 PM
I am working on the very best project.

what is it

Sylux
02-26-2012, 12:19 AM
All shall know someday because it is the greatest.

GunZet
02-26-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm right. Right? (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?1995-Searching-for-Hard-Working-3D-Artists&p=74585#post74585)

Sylux
02-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Yesssss.

EDIT: The new best project besides that other best one. http://sottaceti.newgrounds.com/news/post/693564

jaidurn
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm working on a Browser just for fun, and then an even more leisurely paced project is that with Sotta.

apples13
02-27-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm working on a Browser just for fun, and then an even more leisurely paced project is that with Sotta.

yeah you talked about that in another thread. think of any cool features on this browser?

jaidurn
02-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, I've been planning out a small low bandwidth built in chat function, and the ability to change the window icon and title for easy hiding.

apples13
02-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Well, I've been planning out a small low bandwidth built in chat function, and the ability to change the window icon and title for easy hiding.

that would actually be pretty cool. if you could incorporate chat from like fb and tweet and stuff easier that would be nice.

jaidurn
02-27-2012, 11:46 PM
I dunno if I could get that fancy yet, but I could try. Mostly, I'm trying to create a smaller Skype like chat where you can do voice/group chats without having to change windows. The Fb and tweet stuff would be great if I can figure out how to add them as options.

apples13
02-28-2012, 02:35 AM
I dunno if I could get that fancy yet, but I could try. Mostly, I'm trying to create a smaller Skype like chat where you can do voice/group chats without having to change windows. The Fb and tweet stuff would be great if I can figure out how to add them as options.

Check out their API they are not extremely difficult to understand.

NEW PROJECT! Working on transformations and shaders! :D time to create 3d shading

Sylux
02-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Jaibutt you should ttly add a Noograwndz chat system.

Erikku
03-21-2012, 03:50 AM
What an interesting topic this is! I'm working on a few Openbor projects of mine. I mostly work on spriting characters for them. Plus, I'm trying to sprite a character for Mugen, but I know it takes a lot of time. I mostly work on spriting more than coding for Openbor. But I do not know how to code for Mugen. I understand how it is to process a little bit.

For my Openbor project, I'm planning to release a demo with a better version than before. Before, mine sucked 'cause I rushed it to release. It turned out to be crappy. I wanna release good ones. I try to be patient in taking my time to finish.

Rio
03-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Currently working on a face maker program so I can plug it in here at the site and maybe it'll help people to align their faces right and maybe get character design inspiration. I have yet to test what I have but in the end you should be able to save your work as a GIF, JPG, or PNG, email it someone and even print it.

apples13
03-25-2012, 01:57 AM
What an interesting topic this is! I'm working on a few Openbor projects of mine. I mostly work on spriting characters for them. Plus, I'm trying to sprite a character for Mugen, but I know it takes a lot of time. I mostly work on spriting more than coding for Openbor. But I do not know how to code for Mugen. I understand how it is to process a little bit.

For my Openbor project, I'm planning to release a demo with a better version than before. Before, mine sucked 'cause I rushed it to release. It turned out to be crappy. I wanna release good ones. I try to be patient in taking my time to finish.

thats pretty cool keeps you motivated

Currently working on a face maker program so I can plug it in here at the site and maybe it'll help people to align their faces right and maybe get character design inspiration. I have yet to test what I have but in the end you should be able to save your work as a GIF, JPG, or PNG, email it someone and even print it.

facemaker? is this some non photo realistic rendering or something?