PDA

View Full Version : [Mass Effect] Who else is not buying mass effect 3

jubeh
02-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah I could say something about launch dlc involving characters that are potentially crucial to the plot but do I really have to.

http://i.imgur.com/tSkpf.jpg

Kodos
02-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Absolutely not buying it. Bioware's creepy bullshit completely turned me off what was one of my favorite series.

jubeh
02-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Brofist brodos

GunZet
02-22-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm getting it the first day it comes out, come at me bro.
Just got the first ME (PC) like a day or so ago. Feels a lot different from ME2, a lot more open with more RPG elements, thought the combat is more fluid in ME2 and 3.
Eh, I love all of em.

jubeh
02-22-2012, 06:02 PM
The issues not gameplay. I don't doubt the game will be sick as shit.

Kodos
02-22-2012, 06:04 PM
It's like Bioware independently developed the disgusting misogynistic harem date-sim all on their own.

I thought Shepherd's magic penis healing Jack in 2 was fucking horrendous, but compared to 3, 2 is a goddamn well-written feminist manifesto.

(Mind, I still can't believe the same company that is responsible for fucking Jack is the company that made Mordin.)

GunZet
02-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Hey man, nobody made you screw Jack. That was like, your choice ;D
(I know I did. But Miranda... fuckin' hate Miranda)

Kodos
02-22-2012, 06:09 PM
That does not mean she is not a terribly written misogynistic character, neither does it mean that her character arc is literally "deep-rooted emotional trauma and PTSD can be cured by a good fucking."

GunZet
02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
They made up for that by making her pretty awesome in combat. Dem biotics, dat pull.

Superdooperphailmachine
02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
You played as a man?

ClockHand
02-22-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm not buying it, mostly because I don't have money for it, and I'm neither hooked in the trilogy.

Sconethief
02-23-2012, 12:48 AM
I didn't really like the first two, so no reason for me to buy this one as well as the first day substantial dc.

Outcast
02-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I really should read game news, what's this about sexism and bullshit dlc's?

T1B3R1U5
02-23-2012, 06:03 PM
I enjoyed the game for the action not the whole harem , "Who you wanna fuck in the game?" quest shit. I really didn't like that with the series and I enjoyed the level of story but overall, I am really disappointed with this series. So I might as well add this games series to my R.I.P. pile. Anybody else hate that assassin dude form ME2? I know I did...

GunZet
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I thought Thane was a pretty cool character. He had a sort of old noir feeling to him, but in a green, snake guy, extremely descriptive, memory lapse kind of way.
Though he was really shit in combat, so I never did much with him but talk and do his loyalty mission, which was a bit on the meh side.

Hope I see him in ME3
Though due to his complications, maybe he's dead? I heard they found a way to cure him a while back, but maybe not.... assuming he survived the suicide mission in ME2.

Sylux
02-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah fuck ME3 I played the demo and I just got mad. Like legit mad, like where has my series gone and why have they hired Michael Bay to write it.

GunZet
02-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm not gonna lie, ME3 feels like a stiffer GoW3 right now. Though enemies are smarter, there's gonna be a ton of variation, and it gives you 3 different ways to play.
The survival/horde mode is -meh-, it feels unnecessary, but welcome I guess. Though enemies are terribly OP atm, either that, or I'm not a high enough level.
I don't see anything wrong with it having a lot more explosions off the bat, I mean, if that's the case, weren't you pissed at the very beginning of ME2? You know, with the boom and the bang, and the ARRGGHHH PWOOOOSH fall to planet?
Only thing I'm not liking so far is that the clothes textures still look as crappy as the last two ME games, though I hope that'll be gone by the time It's released.

Sylux
02-23-2012, 10:01 PM
What are you talking about explosions are cool what I mean is why the fuck would a Reaper shoot down a shuttle instead of the goddamn fucking Normandy with mothercrackhead Commander Shepard in it and why is Mordin not on my team and why is everything so bleak and get out of my face Bioware I am disappoint ;_;

GunZet
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
I see where you're coming from with the shooting down a shuttle instead of the Normandy thing. I was like 'wtf?' But I don't know, maybe the reaper ship takes into account mobile/fleeing vessels before stationary ones? Cause the Normandy was just hovering while the shuttle was taking off. I don't know.
I don't really think you can judge a game like Mass Effect by the demo, which is just a teeny portion of it. I for one am not up for keeping myself away from a game that has far more positives than negatives, and no dragons that fly backwards.

Inksprout
02-24-2012, 10:08 AM
I wonder how much of everyones opinion is based on if they play female or male shepard? Personally I really enjoy mass effect, so I'm going to get the third one but not straight away. Just gunna wait for the price to go down and play my existing and considerably large pile of unfinnished games.

mop
02-24-2012, 11:59 AM
I'll probably be buying it. Not right upon release, but eventually. I mean, a game doesn't have to be amazing for me to consider spending money on it. Regardless, games like mass effect are really just big long time killers anyway; you get all into them, then beat them, then for the most part it's over, not including any replays you feel like doing down the road. ME1 and ME2 are both really different, the first being more of an RPG with weapons and upgrades litered everywhere for you to customize your character as if you were in an MMO, while the second is more of a good old campaign mode with all sorts of different missions to complete. I don't see why everyone wouldn't expect the third to be anything like the first two. In any case, it's mostly the story that I'm interested in wrapping up. I'm mostly just curious about the history and purpose of the reapers, and I hope for the trilogy to have some sort of intriguing ending.

GunZet
02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Am I the only one hoping that they go more into detail as to what the Keepers are, where they come from?

T1B3R1U5
02-24-2012, 01:45 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I think the story is the only thing that has me hooked ;_;....I still don't get how the fuck I'm supposed to put down that effin Sentinel in survival...maybe sumthing with a bigger boom?

mop
02-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Maybe the keepers... BUILT THE REAPERS! :O Then became enslaved as a species... Or or or maybe they weren't enslaved, maybe they are still in control of everything and plotting all these evil master plans from the citadel... Not a likely theory as they probably would've handed everything over to sovereign at the end of ME1, but whatever. #thoughts

In all seriousness though, I bet progressing too far and becoming too technologically advanced leads to the discovery of some terrible secret about the entire universe, or poses some kind of threat to the health of the universe, so the reapers are there to limit civilization to it's galaxy. I dunno, also #thoughts, but just think of what could be out there beyond the single galaxy the games take place in.

Sylux
02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Maybe the keepers... BUILT THE REAPERS! :O Then became enslaved as a species... Or or or maybe they weren't enslaved, maybe they are still in control of everything and plotting all these evil master plans from the citadel... Not a likely theory as they probably would've handed everything over to sovereign at the end of ME1, but whatever. #thoughts

In all seriousness though, I bet progressing too far and becoming too technologically advanced leads to the discovery of some terrible secret about the entire universe, or poses some kind of threat to the health of the universe, so the reapers are there to limit civilization to it's galaxy. I dunno, also #thoughts, but just think of what could be out there beyond the single galaxy the games take place in.

No, because the Reapers flat out say "We are horrible monsters and we are going to kill you. The Citadel was a relay for us to do just that." No secret keeping there. They kill every 50,000 years, on the dot. Keeping secrets from being discovered? No, just bloodlust or purpose of annihilation.

Am I the only one hoping that they go more into detail as to what the Keepers are, where they come from?

It would be bad if they did this, because the whole idea behind it is mystery. Space is full of mystery, and a spacefaring game should be loaded with it, too.

GunZet
02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
True, but when it comes down to creatures such as the Keepers, you have to wonder what their story is. They're critical to keeping the Citadel up and running, so did the Protheans make them, how old is their species, they might actually be a big part of the whole story secretly, who knows. I'm not saying they should completely oust the keepers, but if you're gonna talk about em, why not try and dig a bit deeper? I'd say they should do this, rather than

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK99_T61alc

Kodos
02-24-2012, 05:32 PM
To all you people hoping for a good plot resolution regarding the Reapers, hahahaa. I feel bad for you. I've read the script. It's shit. The explanation behind the Reapers is as underwhelming and stupid as everything else.

jubeh
02-24-2012, 05:35 PM
The reapers are just one guy on a bed with a bunch of cats but he thinks he is stranded on an island

GunZet
02-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Assuming direct control of thread.

jubeh
03-02-2012, 12:18 AM
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/058/3/e/make_it_happen__bioware__by_quadforcefive-d4r7zs3.png

GunZet
03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Are you guys READY. FOR. TOMORROW!? owait, nvm.

Sylux
03-06-2012, 09:28 AM
So how is it Maurice

GunZet
03-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Heading out to get it in an hour or so. Not gonna play it till ... someone else I know ... gets it too. But she gotta wait till the 9th, lol.

Sylux
03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Heading out to get it in an hour or so. Not gonna play it till ... someone else I know ... gets it too. But she gotta wait till the 9th, lol.

O well imma pirate it today

GunZet
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Just got back from Best Buy actually.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg855/scaled.php?server=855&filename=618432.jpg&res=medium

I'm sure it's not as bad as people/haters are saying. Sorta like the whole deal with peeps hating on Bulletstorm (fuckin' game of 2011 imo) cause it wasn't all they wanted it to be, lol.

Sylux
03-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Umm Bulletstorm was pretty bad and btw Dark Sector is horrible sooooo

GunZet
03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I feel sorry for your lack of Bulletstorm, and bad taste in awesomesauce. But some people can't take spicy food, EH SY, EH.
Anyways, I'm hoping once I kick ME3 up that some of the crazy stuff in the demo is fixed. I've looked pretty much everywhere before I bought it, apparently it's a lot better than the demo, of course.
Just wish the multiplayer was a bit more like how they originally said it, oh well.

GunZet
04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Dunno where else this goes, so imma put it here as a purposeful bump since it has ME3 in the name.

Mass Effect 3 free DLC coming out in 10 days.

New characters, new weapons, new levels, new items, awwwww yeaaaa, and it's free.
Still no word on the ending deal though. But this is all for multiplayer.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/06/the-mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack-announced.aspx

memlock
04-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah I could say something about launch dlc involving characters that are potentially crucial to the plot but do I really have to.

http://i.imgur.com/tSkpf.jpg

Ok first that picture Is great, gave me a nice laugh.
I never heard of mass effect series until about two months ago.
yeah I know I am abit out of date but I focus on only one or two games at a time,

But in all honesty I looked into the series
It just did not hit the nerve in my brain that says "I GOTTA BUY THAT!!"

so no I will not be buying that either.

Sylux
04-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Buy ME1 and make up your own ending

ClockHand
04-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Now there is going to be a DLC to add or fix the ending. I don't know what this mean. Could it be that Bioware accepted that they did a ending that didn't make them to feel satisfied or they could be giving fans what they want, even if it fight the idea of the ending they just gave to them.

Sylux
04-08-2012, 11:54 PM
It's still going to be horrible

GunZet
04-08-2012, 11:57 PM
What I've heard is that they're not fixing the ending, you can't possibly -fix- an ending. It's ended, people have seen it, they remember it, so they can't fix it without a
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/3/8/0/good-lord-is-that-a-camera-phone-or-a-bloody-1943-1299562545-20.jpg

But instead, they're releasing an -extension- to the ending, which works to bring more closure. Apparently. Just rumors.

edit: Sy, make a hate thread for that shit, cmon man.

ClockHand
04-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Well my problem with the ending (as I was forced to watch this one, as any other of the serie by a friend) is that...

The events are weak, and if you give this interpretation that everything is happening in shepard's mind, its only mean that nothing have changed, which only tell you that there was no ending.

jubeh
04-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Games are art!

But game companies need to cave in to our demands!

GunZet
04-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Which is why they're not changing the ending itself. Because they crafted it, not the fans, so they can really do whatever the hell they want, no matter who bitches about it, it's their 'work of art'. And I agree with em for not being ballsless and changing it all out like everyone wants.

That'd just be a sure way to make sure you become the bitch of the fans and public eye in future games.
"CHANGE THIS!" *done*

jubeh
04-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Guys I made some additions to the mona lisa you will be able to download in the near future

GunZet
04-09-2012, 12:57 AM
How much?

jubeh
04-09-2012, 01:00 AM
4 free to my loyal fans that Im definitely not caving in to

GunZet
04-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Don't be so humble. I'll pay $10 for it, at least. Even if it doesn't add much.

Evil_Cake
04-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Guys I made some additions to the mona lisa you will be able to download in the near future

good 'cause it was frickin' boring