PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't sure where to post this.

Mr_Liebe
02-21-2012, 03:40 AM
What are RSS subscribers?

jubeh
02-21-2012, 04:16 AM
I can only assume you're referring to subscribing to an RSS feed. Basically you subscribe to a site that frequently updates, and you can keep track of all those updates with an RSS reader.

An actual RSS subscriber would just be a person who subscribes to an RSS feed.

Mr_Liebe
02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Thank you.

If you see fit, could you delete this thread? Thank you in advance.

Blue_Dragon
02-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Does anyone else have trouble subscribing to a site's RSS feed? I find every time I click the dumb thing, I get spirited away to some stupid nonsense computer-speak page. Is that a problem on their end, or is my computer retarded? Sorry if that terms offends anyone, but I'm using the original definition of it (characterized by slowness.)

If it's on my end, is there any easy way to fix it o_O

Rio
02-29-2012, 09:03 PM
If this is what you're talking about when you get spirited away to a nonsense computer speak page, then you're in the right spot (http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/rss/id_1/). Anyways, here's a pretty easy to follow video about RSS Feeds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klgLsSxGsU&feature=player_embedded

Sylux
02-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks, Rio! I've just signed up for a reader, and I'm happily awaiting cool new stuff from my favorite blogs!

Blue_Dragon
03-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that's where it takes me. I don't want a reader, so I guess I just have to do things the old time-wasting way :P Thanks for the vid!

Celestial-Fox
03-05-2012, 01:23 AM
I used to be totally wired to my RSS feed. A lot of the sites died, and I forgot about it, but now I'm intrigued to start again~

Rio
03-08-2012, 05:50 PM
^^^
That's the spirit! I've recently signed up ImagineFX's feed and a few other art sites. Pretty convenient, imo. ...Btw, I don't recommend you use RSS to keep up with video games news sites because it will suck the life out of you. Seriously. O_O