PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on drawing hands!

Zekester014
02-16-2012, 08:01 PM
One thing I despise, yet somehow tolerate, is drawing hands. Especially when they're intended to "reach out" to the viewer.

Your difficulty with hands may differ. you can post one of the most difficult hand positions you have drawn (In your opinion.) And if you want, you may also post something that helped you or a previous post in that particular hand position.

SuperKasey
02-17-2012, 01:25 AM
I used to fill pages upon pages with just hand studies. For some reason it scared people :/

I mostly have difficulty making hands look flexed, clawing, scratching, gripping really tightly, etc. . .

Mr_Liebe
02-17-2012, 03:50 PM
I have difficulty drawing hands at all, ha ha ha. I think I should start doing what kasey used to do, maybe then I'll make some progress.

The hardest time I had drawing one, was drawing one that was grabbing for an arrow. If you look at my Newest drawing of Medusa in my art thread, you could see I really do too good, ha ha ha

sinxforr
03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Drawing hands are a definite pain, but you it's got to be done (gah, thats a whole lotta work... what a drag)
Sure hands are very useful, think of real life, we use our hands for everything, so manga has to have hands right???

apples13
03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
drawing hands can make or break a drawing

Sylux
03-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Hands an faces are some of the bet ways to show emotion, so I studied them. Since I'm so naturally angry, drawing hands and faces that look intense and rageful comes easily to me. Gentle hand-features... Not so much.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-15-2012, 07:05 PM
i agree with superKasey, clawing hands are really hard to draw! i find it helps if you do a close up model of the hand position on a different pieces of paper and then keep these as references in case you ned to use the same position again.

Sylux
04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Way to necro

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-17-2012, 12:34 AM
@ sylux: whaaa??? wat do u mean by necro??? :confused:

Sylux
04-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Posting in a month old thread

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
oh hahaha, very funny( i get it now) till i stop being a noob, i will be master of reviving threads;D(mwa ha ha ha!!)

Rainbow_Dash
04-20-2012, 01:06 AM
I've been drawing hands for years but haven't improved to the point I can draw many angles from heart. I always position my left hand as a reference when drawing a hand to get it perfect but that is hardly learning. Although Mark Crilley has a selection of YouTube videos that have assisted in giving me the ability to draw a hand placed in a manner relative to getting ready for a handshake and also I can now do a fist, much like the one used in the symbol of Guerilla warfare.

JJJorgie
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
I have the hardest time with hands and feet. I usually have to resort to Google images and, like my bud Rin, Mark Crilley vids!

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-27-2012, 03:02 AM
i'm doing a tut on feet soon C:

ram
04-27-2012, 06:57 AM
I do have problems on drawing hands as well..

the right guidelines for drawing hands starts with a boxing gloves then stick figure..
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/087.jpg

Just keep in mind that a hand has three parts
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/093-1.jpg
if the op is still alive atleast.. I was going to make a tutorial about hands.. but I do still have a problem with how big is the hands when compared to the whole body... just know that it's as big as the face but calculating from face to another position still bothers me..