PDA

View Full Version : Using Stickman Can be a real Pain in the butt........-_-

Kai_Long_Uzumakki
02-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Okay Lemme get this straight.... When i started to draw anime i never began with stickman

I only knew about it when i saw it in the tutorials and theve proven to be quite useful
Only in straight figures though

What about if i wanna draw a fig from a totally diff angle or some fig with a complicated difficult pose

Moreover is it okay if i dont use stick man
If there is any other way of using sticman for a dofficult pose . Then Please do lemme know

Cloudy
02-15-2012, 09:05 AM
stickmen are ok..I personally use shapes instead, more useful to me.

CypressDahlia
02-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Stickmen are very limiting because they don't express the forms of the body.

ClockHand
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
I use sausage mens, It gives volume to the shape.

GunZet
02-15-2012, 01:54 PM
You can get the just of just about anything if you break it down into very basic shapes, so try that. You can also try the squinting method, to see the shapes better of what you're trying to draw.

ClockHand
02-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Mmm... Are you drawing on paper or computer? In paper is better using simple shapes, things you can erase without hurting the paper, while in computer you can work more aggressive shapes.

GunZet
02-15-2012, 02:14 PM
You're right. But personally, I work the same way both digital and traditional. But the squinting method works either way. It removes a lot of detail and reveals just the silhouette, giving you the chance to point out the weaknesses in form and whatnot. Sort of like flipping the image around back and forth horizontally when working digitally.

Kai_Long_Uzumakki
02-16-2012, 04:55 AM
You can get the just of just about anything if you break it down into very basic shapes, so try that. You can also try the squinting method, to see the shapes better of what you're trying to draw.
Squinting???

ClockHand im currently tring 2 improve my hand Skills...
havent tried Digitally x_x (and i suck in photoshop xD )

hows this manga studio Ex4 software im just downloading it now......

GunZet
02-16-2012, 05:25 AM
By squinting. I mean.. you know, squinting, closing your eyes enough until everything becomes a blur. Look at any image and do that, the detail disappears, and the overall form appears. This can usually help, though it's not for everyone, and can be a bit stressful on the eyes.

Kai_Long_Uzumakki
02-17-2012, 08:55 AM
i get Xactly wat u men ^^
Whoaaa!!!!! :O So MUCH TO LEARN AND SO SHORT OUR LIVES ARE...^^
GunZET how old are u dude^^
if my guess is correct ure a real PRO artist for a living??

GunZet
02-17-2012, 07:47 PM
I merged your posts. But to answer your questions. I'm 20, and I'm not pro... not yet xD.
Trust me, there's so many tricks and tips out there, no matter how good we get, there's always something to learn. Remember though, try out various methods, you'll develop your own solidified way over time. Just do what's comfortable.

Hydraslaught
01-09-2013, 01:27 AM
You should try drawing the hips, the foot, the collar bones the head and hands as circles or ovals, then use them inorder to get the right width for the body, you can draw ovals for the limbs, but i rather have it draw it after ive drawn the stickman

apples13
01-09-2013, 02:59 AM
this thread be dead don't bring it back

Rio
01-09-2013, 12:03 PM
More like, "I doubt the original poster is still around to check since it's been so long ago" so I'm closing this thread.