PDA

View Full Version : Questions :)

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Heya there, i'm not any good in drawing, but i believe i got talent for drawing art, i was told so by my art teacher in school many times, by my friends & my family. I never liked school so it's going to hell, my exam results are the shit, i'm living in Sweden and i just found out that it's possible to get serialized in Shounen Jump.

I would like to know more details about how i could get serialized in an industry like Shounen Jump or any other good Manga Corporations in Japan. Please answer seriously, as i stated earlier my exams are going to hell and i'm betting my life on Manga!

For me, Manga is when you imagine a protogonist, and you simply draw him to help get to life. The ideas are twisting around in my head, i got so many things i could do, tho, i'm not any good in either grammar or english, i'm giving myself a 4-months deadline, by that time i'll have my drawing practice going everyday, i would like to get a decent writer who will share the same dreams with me, to get serialized with Shounen Jump.

Regantor
02-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Not to be the hardbringer of bad news, man, but non-Japanese people never really get published in Japan, dude. Sorry, but it's true. We get this kind of idea alot around here. It's a harsh planetoid. >_>

If you really wanted to bust into the comics industry you could probally get into an American, French or Italian comics producer far more easily than one from Japan. But it's still a question of marketing and renoun even then. Long-running webcomics in perticular tend to be the only ones to get published, and that takes a few years and alot of luck, so... Yeah. I wouldn't back yourself into a corner by concentrating on nothing else.

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Not to be the hardbringer of bad news, man, but non-Japanese people never really get published in Japan, dude. Sorry, but it's true. We get this kind of idea alot around here. It's a harsh planetoid. >_>

If you really wanted to bust into the comics industry you could probally get into an American, French or Italian comics producer far more easily than one from Japan. But it's still a question of marketing and renoun even then. Long-running webcomics in perticular tend to be the only ones to get published, and that takes a few years and alot of luck, so... Yeah. I wouldn't back yourself into a corner by concentrating on nothing else.

I'm informed that far, even without that information i knew that i would be hard to get in there, i'm practicing everyday with a real damn heavy heart, i can feel the weight pushing me down, for real, it's really frustrating and every second in my back though i feel that i will fail. Any how, a manga only needs to be good, and it will get serialized, if a manga is good, it's always getting serialized. I dont have an idea how i will get the Shonen Jump to notice my Manga... :/.. Of course, i'm talking like i have one ready, and of course i dont have one, but i will get to that point anyhow. If there's no non-japanese Manga-ka in Shonen-Jump, i'll be the first one, after all, i'm only 16, and i have around 15 years of trying.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Reg warned you. Be prepared for heartbreak.

EDIT: Why do you want to be published in Jump for anyway? The prestige? Are you one of those people who feels the need that all manga must be straight out of Japan? You do realize that in order to get a job in Jump, you would not only need to be a good artist and/or writer not to mention actually speak (and presumably write in) Japanese. Not to mention the fact that Japan is a very xenophobic country. Even if you did get published, the fact that you're a westerner would just come across as some sort of novelty that would probably lose it's shine pretty quickly.

Regantor
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I'll just put it this way; You ever hear of an unknown Japanese dude getting published at Marvel or DC?... Nope, me neither. Seriously, we get people that say they are going to swing in and take over shonen jump constantly.

Don't want to depress you or anything, but doing crap jobs, so you can afford to do what you love on the side, is pretty much adult life in a nutshell. Some of us with enough skill and perseverance might make it big in the long run, but that takes time and money first, not afterwards. Nobody just has instant success dropped in their lap, and doing badly in a few exams is not the end of the world.

So chill, don't get depressed, and make sure you have a back-up plan... That's all I'm saying.

Regantorian life lessons ITT.

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Reg warned you. Be prepared for heartbreak.

EDIT: Why do you want to be published in Jump for anyway? The prestige? Are you one of those people who feels the need that all manga must be straight out of Japan? You do realize that in order to get a job in Jump, you would not only need to be a good artist and/or writer not to mention actually speak (and presumably write in) Japanese. Not to mention the fact that Japan is a very xenophobic country. Even if you did get published, the fact that you're a westerner would just come across as some sort of novelty that would probably lose it's shine pretty quickly.

I have reasons, that's why i want to be published in Shounen Jump. I love both mangas and animes, and i would love to have a manga serialized there, i'm aiming far with this, and if by any possibility my manga would become lively, i would only agree to that if the voice-actors would be Japanese.

Shounen Jump gave me a dream, courage, strenght, alot of knowledge about the life. Even if its an anime, but it's just so much more then that, the message writers are delivering trough that anime, their feelings, i understand all that, it's so much more then just some pictures & good looking drawing. Well, it's not like i want other people to understand it, some people are just looking / reading cuz they like it.

And yes, i'm in the 9th grade atm, i will try to get my final exam results good, but, i'll spend 15 years trying to get serialized in Shounen Jump.

I already got a team, one writer, one background illustrator, and myself a character illustrator. I'll be posting my progress on this page, call it a waste, call it a hopeless dream, this is my decision, i know more then anyone how hard and depressing it is, my life is pretty complicated, and just a week ago i had no reasons to live for or no reasons to die for, thanks to Shounen Jump i got both of those things.

And, no i never heard of someone unkown Japanese dude getting published at Marvel, and that could depend on Japanese people never tried it, i'm 100% sure that they would be able to do it. I'm also sure that there's alot of people trying to get serialized with Shounen Jump, and i'm sure they're failing cuz they're giving up on it. Manga for me is not drawing pictures and some bubble texts, i'm expressing my feelings through drawing, i'm reflecting myself in what i draw, i'm proud of my drawing even how ugly and bad it is atm, even so, i would like to give life to all of my drawing, i would like getting them lively(animed). This is my first real decision in my life, and i'm glad that it turned out this way, even if i'll end up not getting serialized after 20 years, i'll be happy & satisfied, cuz i gave it my best, i gave my life for it. I rather live trying to make my dreams into reality, instead of living with a simple job & gray days and the huge regret in my heart.

I'm sure i've typed more then i need, to end it, i don't have a back-up plan, and i don't plan on getting one either.

Takashi's life lessons.

ClockHand
02-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Well Tsutomu Nihei did a work for Marvel. And I think marvel is doing a lot to include japanese manga in their industry (and to expand their industry in japan).

With the subject of being serialized in Shounen Jump. You have more chance outside japan, France is a great place to study about comics/mangas, they did a lot of development around storytelling with the media. But the problem with japan is not just xenophobia or anything else, is that their industry is very closed, you need to work with a master mangaka first to gain recognition and then if you are lucky a publisher will want you. And you need to face all the problems stated by reg and bacon.

I recommend you to think in small and achievable goals, little steps for a bigger goal. Do a plan, work in one story, try publishing it in the internet, try to gain fans, do another, and keep working until you have the experience and recognition.

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Well Tsutomu Nihei did a work for Marvel. And I think marvel is doing a lot to include japanese manga in their industry (and to expand their industry in japan).

With the subject of being serialized in Shounen Jump. You have more chance outside japan, France is a great place to study about comics/mangas, they did a lot of development around storytelling with the media. But the problem with japan is not just xenophobia or anything else, is that their industry is very closed, you need to work with a master mangaka first to gain recognition and then if you are lucky a publisher will want you. And you need to face all the problems stated by reg and bacon.

I recommend you to think in small and achievable goals, little steps for a bigger goal. Do a plan, work in one story, try publishing it in the internet, try to gain fans, do another, and keep working until you have the experience and recognition.

That's not a problem, i'm not even at a step where i could start drawing manga. The school will end soon, and i will finish it, i will let you guys know that i'm alive, and i will post my progress on this site. I give myself 1 year deadline, by that time, i will practice drawing everyday. I will advance my own style, i will advance my art, you guys, i will prove that i'm not just a talk, in one year, i'll be a great a great artist! In one year, i hope you guys are still here by that time, Reg, Bacon, be sure to watch me in one year!

Sutari
02-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Forgive me for interrupting, but...

lets say you DO get in jump, and you DO get serialized. The trouble of going through everything it takes to get that far (get a residence in japan while being a gaijin) is only the beginning of the beginning. You'll have to put up with corporate deadlines, and you WILL lose alot of sleep. Its not worth your health OR your stress, but thats just my opinion. And you have to cater to the age group of the readers you are aiming for. (which, if you're in jump, is going to be middle schoolers/young kids.. mostly boys.) Your story may be really good, but if kids don't understand it and therefore don't read it, you just lost your job. It would be alot easier to make a webcomic and take a shot at getting popular online while you have another source of money. There is a manga that tells you basically what will happen if you try. Its Bakuman. You are just adding being foreign to the list of obstacles.

If i misunderstood you, please forgive me.
I just dont like seeing/hearing about people getting hurt because they are too stubborn. :(

Bacon_Barbarian
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Straight from the words of one of the best artists on the forum and a Japan native. ^

Regantor
02-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Eh, well, this is what I get for trying to be nice and let someone down softly...

People seriously underestimate the amount of other chumps there are in the world with the exact same goals as them. Idealism is nice, but expecting that everyone else just failed because they suck in comparison to yourself is just a tad less sincere. -_-

I was talking about unknowns and unpublished authors. Which this Takashi is. Nihei is my homeboy and he's been going since at least 1998. But yeah.

Anyway. Sutari speaks truths.

ClockHand
02-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Nihei is not that well known, only for ciberpunk lovers, and even between them it's not that known.

Regantor
02-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Eh, you're probaly right, even with his underground fanbase the guy is still quite niche. But I was just trying to illustrate a point, anyway.

Jumping the cultural barrier like that is no easy feat, no matter where you are going to or from. Consider the fact that even the English comic book creators Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and Grant Morrison had been contributing to the 2000AD series for years before DC recruited them.

ClockHand
02-05-2012, 02:46 PM
That's why I'm so interested in how Marvel is approaching Japan. Is not easy, Japan, as any culture, is very conservative, and bringing something new is going to be easily rejected (this work in both sides). That's why is so interesting how Marvel is doing their approach to a different culture. But I'm also interested in how this can make the comic book industry to grow, working for both occident and orient.

Even so I think the ones who are making a better job to mix both occident and orient are Koreans. But that's another discussion.

Back to the top. As Marvel struggles to get in Japan, think how much you will have to struggle.

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Forgive me for interrupting, but...

lets say you DO get in jump, and you DO get serialized. The trouble of going through everything it takes to get that far (get a residence in japan while being a gaijin) is only the beginning of the beginning. You'll have to put up with corporate deadlines, and you WILL lose alot of sleep. Its not worth your health OR your stress, but thats just my opinion. And you have to cater to the age group of the readers you are aiming for. (which, if you're in jump, is going to be middle schoolers/young kids.. mostly boys.) Your story may be really good, but if kids don't understand it and therefore don't read it, you just lost your job. It would be alot easier to make a webcomic and take a shot at getting popular online while you have another source of money. There is a manga that tells you basically what will happen if you try. Its Bakuman. You are just adding being foreign to the list of obstacles.

If i misunderstood you, please forgive me.
I just dont like seeing/hearing about people getting hurt because they are too stubborn. :(

Yes, you're totally right, after seeing Bakuman, i took a chance and researched if it was really possible to get serialized, and it was, without hesitation my decision was made. Even if it's the slightest 1% chance i'll try and get it. Shounen Jump is really the reason why i'm still alive, i mean, i'm not an emo or some shit, i'm really a troublesome-guy. I have long times tried to understand the reason to live, my life is really complicated and fucked up since i was a kiddo, due to my parents fucking with each others my whole childhood, and even now. Normally, i don't go and tell people about my past or about myself, but i have alot of respect to people from Japan. Japanese people is simply the future of this world, talented people at everything, Karate, Swordmanship, Drawing, Manga, Anime, Everything. Since it's this case, i'll tell you. Let's begin that i'm not really from Sweden, but i live in Sweden, i'm originally from Chechenia(It's in Russia). I had to move to Sweden cuz my small country had a war with Russia. My parents were screaming at one another ever since i got to the age of 5, where i started to understand things, my mother owned the house, so she was throwing my father out all the time. I'm now 16, and i have not learned how to love, when my father is talking about anything, something that got with feelings to do, i simply don't know how to support him, i was never learned how to love, i was never learned how to really understand those kind of feelings, i was a really kind, emotional & big-hearted kid, but seeing my parents literally killing each others, it was scaring me up on the inside. Starting from 12, the time i came to Sweden, i was living like a bitch, literally, i was jumping from my mothers department to my fathers all the time, my school went bad cuz of my mixed feelings and the fucked up scene, i slowly begun to go away from school for minutes, hours, days... I'm in 9th grade now, and i'm sure that i will fail it, if i wont start studying like a retard right now. Because i didn't learn to talk to people about my feelings, i didn't really have anything to talk to, i found Naruto at the age of 14, and it helped me alot. It gave me courage when i needed, it gave me strenght when i was down, it made me happy every thursday, i was always looking forward to that day of the week like i would become a millionaire or something. From that, i learned about Bleach, and just a few months ago i learned about One Piece, Death Note, Fairy Tail. Due to these animes / mangas, i had the confidence to move forward, it really helped me out, i understood the writer that was behind that anime, i could understand his feelings & his message. I was drawing alot as a kid, and i somehow could express my feelings through drawing and through music. A week ago, i was really at my limit, i had the idea to just fuck this world, my mom moved to another city, but it's pretty close tho, and i was not in school for about 2 weeks since she moved. I was really frustrated & cofused, at the same time sad deep inside and somehow, tired. I found out about Bakuman 1 week ago, and i started to research about the serialization. My drawing sucks right now, but i will believe in all of my past art teachers and practice, that way i'm sure i could reach a level where i will be able to draw manga. Now to the point where you will understand what i mean, i didn't know a reason to leave & a reason to die for. I didn't either know what i should do with my future, i seriously had the idea to join a gang in Sweden, that's an easy thing here. But after learning about the serialization, i could actually do something i like, at the same time showing my feelings through art, through manga, giving a message to people who would read my manga, making people happy through art. Shounen Jump means really much to me, it means so much to me that no one will understand it even after explaining my life story. Getting a serialization with Shounen Jump would surely be the most succesfull and the most happiest point of my life. I don't care about my health, i don't care about when i die, that was decided the time i was borned, my destiny was written the second i was born, so i don't really care about that. Yes, i'm stealing these words from one of the character in Bakuman, but even so, i'm typing these words with pride in my heart & eyes. I would not really mind if i died writing manga, wiring my feelings to people if that would make them happy. Of course, as any other artist, my plan is to get my manga lively. For that, i don't mind sacrificing nights of sleep, loads of energy drinks, and huge amount of my health.

Really, sorry for replying with 20000 words, but i felt to be honest for once.
God damn, i don't even want to correct the grammar & misspelled words, i really typed too much, sorry for the trouble.

ClockHand
02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/men-struate-4.jpg

They are the future.

jubeh
02-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Omg that is fucking brilliant

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 04:11 PM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/men-struate-4.jpg

They are the future.

Lolz, just dont make any troll shit out of my thread pl0x (y)

ClockHand
02-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Don't worry I will troll your opinion in another thread, it deserves it.

Also, they are not the best at everything. Karate: because they made it, still, a lot of the best champions are not japaneses. Swordmanship: you probably know nothing of European sword techniques, they developed the most mathematically smart ways of sword combat. Drawing: are you for real? I could name million of not japanese artists that are way better than the average japanese artist. Everything: no, China.

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Don't worry I will troll your opinion in another thread, it deserves it.

Whatever you say.

Edit: Again, whatever you say.

Wich country forged Katana?
Wich country formed numerous of legendary Karate styles, Kyokushinkai, Shitory, Okawa or something like that.
Ever heard of Oyama?
Ever heard of Osamu Tezuka?

ClockHand
02-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Which country forged Katana?
I could ask "which country forged rapier?". It's a irrelevant question when you try to look "swordmanship" and technique.

Which country formed numerious blahblahblah?
French's have Sabate. Spain have Real Destreza (which it was principally for sword, but they also did street combat techniques). There is also fist medieval combat techniques, and of course you have Kung Fu in China (with million of variants), you have martial arts in India, and even you have Muay Thai in Thailand, which is at my taste, the most efficient of all.

Ever heard of Oyama?
Yeah.

Ever heard of Osamu Tezuka?
If you were a little more older in the forum you wouldn't be doing that quest. But I have a better one for you: "Which are the important improvements Osamu Tezuka did in the realization of narrative in the Japanese Manga?"

Also, do you know who is: Da Vinci, Gustav Klimp, Munch or Grecco ? Or in actual comics: Tony Harris, Jhonen Vasquez or Steve Dillon?

Regantor
02-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Ever heard of Shoko Asahara and the cult of Aleph, who carried out the 1998 gas attack on the tokyo subway system? Ever hear of the Yakuza? Ever hear of the skyrocketing rates of unemployed twenty-somethings?

Seriously, I love Japanese media to bits, but it's not some magical dreamland were everything is perfect. Every country has it's problems. You're not even the only person to think like that, again.

Really, we get this all the time...

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Ever heard of Shoko Asahara and the cult of Aleph, who carried out the 1998 gas attack on the tokyo subway system? Ever hear of the Yakuza? Ever hear of the skyrocketing rates of unemployed twenty-somethings?

Seriously, I love Japanese media to bits, but it's not some magical dreamland were everything is perfect. Every country has it's problems. You're not even the only person to think like that, again.

Really, man, we get this all the time...

I really hope that you'll be on this forum very long time. I'll make sure to post my serialized Shounen Jump manga on exactly this topic.

ClockHand
02-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I hope you achieve your goal.

Niizuma
02-05-2012, 06:01 PM
I hope you achieve your goal.

I'm not sure if you're trolling with that or whatever, i atleast wont regret it in the future, i'm fighting for something i believe in and you all should do the same. Fight for your dream even if there's a little tiny 1% chance of success.!

Evil_Cake
02-05-2012, 06:09 PM
now that u put it like that, I believe im making a terrible mistake

jubeh
02-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah I better buckle down and get an office job

Regantor
02-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Erm, who said Clockhand or myself aren't fighting for our respective dreams? >_>

Being realistic and giving up completely are too differant things.

This isn't an ego battle. I posted here trying to stop you from being depressed. Now I'm depressed. Geez.

Good luck eating during those ten years it takes to get published.

Bacon_Barbarian
02-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Only 10?

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Only 10?

I will practice exactly 1 year on my drawing, drawing-only, from that i'm not even sure if my art will be anywhere unqie & original, if that'll happend, i'm atleast sure that 2 years is enough to master my own original art. Ah well, i guess i don't need to exactly give it a 13-15 years of trying, it could go further, no1 knows :)

Bacon_Barbarian
02-06-2012, 02:31 AM
i'm atleast sure that 2 years is enough to master my own original art
It shouldn't be. Unless you quite literally never stop drawing. And even then...

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 03:17 AM
It shouldn't be. Unless you quite literally never stop drawing. And even then...

I know i said that my drawing sucks atm, but it's not that bad that i need 3 years of practice lol >_>.

trilokcool3
02-06-2012, 03:47 AM
i once thought the same way as you did (into japan, serialized.. Etc etc) , but i got discouraged, left alone , and thought the same way as other members said.
But looking at you now it seems that i too also want to approach this way , i am gaining now a bit confidence. But still cofused WILL I? OR NOT ?

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 04:03 AM
i once thought the same way as you did (into japan, serialized.. Etc etc) , but i got discouraged, left alone , and thought the same way as other members said.
But looking at you now it seems that i too also want to approach this way , i am gaining now a bit confidence. But still cofused WILL I? OR NOT ?

I've had path with only frustration, sadness, and despair in my life. Finding a reason & a dream to fight for to the very end is the only right. After all, if i'd imagine being 40 now thinking back on my life, i would never forgive myself for not giving it my best. Or maybe at the age of 35, i will be an old dude remembering my past and this forum while having a successfull manga/anime out there...

You never know, just like in the Bakuman anime, you'll need to gamble, you're never either safe or either in danger. I think i finally understand the message they're trying to show through Bakuman, i think i can understand what frustration & painfull pressure.
I have only started practicing my drawing and i can already feel the heavy weight upon me, it's really pushing me down, but thinking back, there was always something that was pushing me down, i guess it's needed for one to really push his limit.

Anyway, do your best on whatever you want to become, even if there is a slightest 1% chance, if this is really what you desire & wish for, if manga is really what you enjoy drawing and would think yourself to be a manga artist until you retire, there's nothing that should stop you, you didn't get discourgaged last time you tried, your resolve was too weak. Think about this really seriously, put your life on it, not your life to die, but your life to try becoming a Manga-ka, if you really decide on something it wont fade for nothing.

:) Good luck!

Kodos
02-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Life is not a poorly written anime. Determination, ambition, and drive, are meaningless. Well, they are not meaningless, but they are meaningless in the face of insurmountable challenges. Wanting something very, very, much, and even being willing and able to work for something very, very, hard doesn't mean jack shit if that thing is impossible.

You can decide on something, and it can fade for nothing. How many women throughout history, or even today, have had amazing talents, powerful drives, and grand ambitions, only to amount to little more than metaphorical or literal hookers because of the chauvinistic, patriarchal, cultures they had the misfortune of being born into? How many men have failed to realize their dreams not because of lack of skill, or lack of drive, but because they happened to be the wrong race, or the wrong creed? How many people failed to amount to anything because they simply lacked the social connections necessary to thrive in the corrupt media world?

The challenges between you and your unrealistic goal are not literally insurmountable, in that there is, I suppose, a non-zero chance of them occurring. There is also a non-zero chance of quantum tunneling causing you to cease to exist suddenly. So in all practical terms, for all that maters in real life and in reality, there is a zero percent chance of you accomplishing this.

TL;DR: This is a very bad idea. You will never be serialized in Jump. Do not move to Japan. Don't even try.

EDIT: Also, Japan is a fucking terrible place and probably the only first-world nation that comes close to America in terms of awfulness. No offense to Rei or my IRL Japanese friends, of course. The endemic problems of their culture or their government are not their faults.

EDIT THE SECOND: I'm not saying to give up on becoming a mangaka. I'm saying to give up on the Japan veneration and the unrealistic goals regarding timeframes and being published in Shonen Jump. The former is a difficult but possible path, the latter is an impossible road to ruin.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Life is not a poorly written anime. Determination, ambition, and drive, are meaningless. Well, they are not meaningless, but they are meaningless in the face of insurmountable challenges. Wanting something very, very, much, and even being willing and able to work for something very, very, hard doesn't mean jack shit if that thing is impossible.

You can decide on something, and it can fade for nothing. How many women throughout history, or even today, have had amazing talents, powerful drives, and grand ambitions, only to amount to little more than metaphorical or literal hookers because of the chauvinistic, patriarchal, cultures they had the misfortune of being born into? How many men have failed to realize their dreams not because of lack of skill, or lack of drive, but because they happened to be the wrong race, or the wrong creed? How many people failed to amount to anything because they simply lacked the social connections necessary to thrive in the corrupt media world?

The challenges between you and your unrealistic goal are not literally insurmountable, in that there is, I suppose, a non-zero chance of them occurring. There is also a non-zero chance of quantum tunneling causing you to cease to exist suddenly. So in all practical terms, for all that maters in real life and in reality, there is a zero percent chance of you accomplishing this.

TL;DR: This is a very bad idea. You will never be serialized in Jump. Do not move to Japan. Don't even try.

EDIT: Also, Japan is a fucking terrible place and probably the only first-world nation that comes close to America in terms of awfulness. No offense to Rei or my IRL Japanese friends, of course. The endemic problems of their culture or their government are not their faults.

EDIT THE SECOND: I'm not saying to give up on becoming a mangaka. I'm saying to give up on the Japan veneration and the unrealistic goals regarding timeframes and being published in Shonen Jump. The former is a difficult but possible path, the latter is an impossible road to ruin.

Let me start off by laughing at you, i actually need to screen this. "Determination, ambition, and will are meaningless?" I have nothing to reply to you, ohh yeah though, next time you'll type something in that "lecture-style" of yours, make sure that it's true, also, at the end of your lesson, don't forget to type "in my opinion" or it'll be just looking funny, like it does now.

Edit: Also, about that unrealistic timeframes, you don't know much i work right? You could not either know that i draw everyday, practicing in order to achieve something???... So, to put it simple, don't run bullshit if you dont know anything about the person you're talking about.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 11:47 AM
So, to put it simple, don't run bullshit if you dont know anything about the person you're talking about.
Not only are you doing exactly this yourself, but you're also just being insulting now. You think these people just want you to fail? No, they want you to succeed. That's why they are bothering giving you advice and not just flaming you. It's not like you know a single damn thing about Kodos, either, so don't give us this crap like the world is against you.

Becoming a comic creator is not impossible. Taking the absolute most difficult option and not listening to people who have actual friggin' experience, you're just being an imbecile.

So, go on... Leave. You're obviously not here to talk to anyone like human beings, so why stay? Prove us wrong in ten years. I can't promise anyone will remember, through, because funnily enough, the world does not revolve around you. It's not our fault if you've had a bad life. Never met you, and with that attidute, never want to.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Not only are you doing exactly this yourself, but you're also just being insulting now. You think these people just want you to fail? No, they want you to succeed. That's why they are bothering giving you advice and not just flaming you. It's not like you know a single damn thing about Kodos, either, so don't give us this crap like the world is against you.

Becoming a comic creator is not impossible. Taking the absolute most difficult option and not listening to people who have actual friggin' experience, you're just being an imbecile.

So, go on... Leave. You're obviously not here to talk to anyone like human beings, so why stay? Prove us wrong in ten years. I can't promise anyone will remember, through, because funnily enough, the world does not revolve around you. It's not our fault if you've had a bad life. Never met you, and with that attidute, never want to.

Give me a flying break, you all being experienced, no, not really, sorry for breaking your status or whatever you though about yourself. You might be friendly with people here and they might be friendly to you cuz you were here long time. But, you're really not experienced, and that, even i can tell. The only experienced guy i saw so long was Sutari, in my eyes, and in my opinion.

"You think these people just want you to fail? No they want you to succeed"

^ That line was funny, i made this topic to see what people though about my resolve, i didn't make it to change my decision, i didn't either type it ANYWHERE in my post that i would change it, from the first post, everyone started to think that the post was about "Why should i not try to get serialized with Shonen Jump" ??? C'mon, being experienced & have knowledge is about encourage others to fight to the end, to help people out with questions and draw tips, that's what it's called to wanting someone to succeed. Not a single post had "I wish you good luck" or any kind of lines in that type.

Anyways, i wont be "bullshiting" more, sorry Reg, i must've hurted your feelings, keep posting your knowledge!:cat_rosy:

Edit: Yes, true, i don't know Kodos, so i didn't either post on his thread or pm'd him, he was posting on my thread with that cocky lesson-like post, i'll answer the same way people will type to me, those who are hatin' will get it back 3 times more, those who i saw were really trying to get me some advices, i replied with respect, that's all.:cat_whip:

ClockHand
02-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I had a bad life, I'm crying, I try my best, blah blah blah blah.
Bullshit. Do you live in Kenya? Nigeria? Chad? Do you live in a Fabela in Brazil? I bet that you don't. Ones you born there and live the shitty life all the people in there have to face you can be allowed to talk about how shitty is your life. And to be fair, some of the people who live in there, don't think they live a shitty life, they just live the life they know.

Now on the subject of your goal. We are not saying you can't be a comic artist, we are saying that its almost impossible to be a comic artist in japan being a foreigner. You live in Europe, you have a chance to get a good education in art and comics right where you live, and you are throwing all those chances that other people would kill for it to the trash, just because you believe Japan is better.

We have a lot of kids like you, who doesn't appreciate the place where they live. There is more in the world than Japan and you can be a comic artist. I believe that is not the place what mater but rather your own work. If you really want to be a comic artist, it doesn't matter if you are in Spain, Sweden or Japan, what matters is to tell the story you want to tell, that's the whole point.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM
I had a bad life, I'm crying, I try my best, blah blah blah blah.
Bullshit. Do you live in Kenya? Nigeria? Chad? Do you live in a Fabela in Brazil? I bet that you don't. Ones you born there and live the shitty life all the people in there have to face you can be allowed to talk about how shitty is your life. And to be fair, some of the people who live in there, don't think they live a shitty life, they just live the life they know.

Now on the subject of your goal. We are not saying you can't be a comic artist, we are saying that its almost impossible to be a comic artist in japan being a foreigner. You live in Europe, you have a chance to get a good education in art and comics right where you live, and you are throwing all those chances that other people would kill for it to the trash, just because you believe Japan is better.

We have a lot of kids like you, who doesn't appreciate the place where they live. There is more in the world than Japan and you can be a comic artist. I believe that is not the place what mater but rather your own work. If you really want to be a comic artist, it doesn't matter if you are in Spain, Sweden or Japan, what matters is to tell the story you want to tell, that's the whole point.

Wow, just as i though people are retarded everywhere, to begin with, i never typed that i cried, second, it was a special reply to a god damn single member that i have respect for, i never asked anyone to read that.

Second, don't go calling me kid, if they would kill for it to the trash to become a manga-ka in europe, that's their choice. For me, Manga doesnt exist anywhere but Japan, that's where it was borned, and that's where it should stay. It would be hopeless for me to even bother trying getting serialized in any other country but Japan, cuz if i would succe to get an anime like everyone's trying to get, i would never release a damn tiny minute episode of it if it would not have Japanese voice-actors. That's how i feel, and your work is to respect that, as the "experienced" part of this forum.

^ Exactly right, but as i said before, i aim to get my own anime, and i would never release an anime without Japanese voice actors, without the Japanese voice-actors, there's no need in even trying to get this stupid serialization in my own country, come on, how hard would it actually be to get serialized in a country like Sweden, i swear i would get serialized here if i would try to, but i don't like this country, it was not my choice to move here, either was it my choice to keep living here.

EDIIIIIT: Also, get your stupid ass knowledge to rights, i was borned in a part of Russia where people live in mountains, also called Chechenia, the place is all bombed and fucked up, you're saying that i have not lived a shitty life ? I didn't mention 95% of my life in that reply to that Japanese dude on this forum, i say it again, don't bullshit about a person you don't know a god damn thing about.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 12:35 PM
This thread is pointless.

Just some arrogant kid who wants to blow his own horn. Can't say we didn't try to be nice.

Lock or delete, mods, please.

Superdooperphailmachine
02-06-2012, 12:36 PM
You are retarded and will never achieve your goals, Get out.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 12:37 PM
You are retarded and will never achieve your goals, Get out.

Someone is mad it seems, gtfo..
To make it more enjoyable, i've already achieved more then you ever will, low-life, go pick up some honor, will & resolve.

Superdooperphailmachine
02-06-2012, 12:39 PM
I am not being nice, you are fucking retarded and there is no point in you being here, fuck off to some other forum that caters to weeaboo jerk offs.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I am not being nice, you are fucking retarded and there is no point in you being here, fuck off to some other forum that caters to weeaboo jerk offs.

Now it seems gangstas of this forum is getting here, well, in your language, i'll fuck you twice over if you'd say that to my face, bitch, retarded is a word your mom gave you as your second name, you should go more softly about it, also, i'll stay on this forum and post my progress so you'll be happy, bro.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 12:42 PM
People are only getting angry because they were trying to help you. Taking that and throwing it back in their faces is called acting like a ungrateful little brat. People do not hire ungrateful little brats, funnily enough.

I think people will brain stems can be fairly sure you'll never succeed until you grow the hell up.

ClockHand
02-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Then why don't you do a anime then? Again we have a lot of kids like you, who want to make comics because they want it to be made an anime and I feel that this reason is the most naive and disrespectful of all.

It's very disrespectful, you are just saying that comic and mangas are just a limb of anime, that they have no reason by they own. You are also saying that you really don't care about storytelling, which is the main reason of comics, but rather you care about your ego and to "success".

It's hard not call you a kid, when all your statements are so naive. We are not saying you should go for your goals, but rather to have realistic goals and that the world is way more wider than just Japan. There have been even Japanese members in the forum who have told you all this.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Somehow I don't think there is any point trying to make a reasonable arguement with the guy, Clockish.

Hence requests for mods to just lock the thread. It's useless.

Superdooperphailmachine
02-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Ho shit, the kid used a mom cuss. This thread is getting real dawg.
Post some pictures and stories so I can laugh at how bad you are.

Oh and list those achievements too oh honourable samurai

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Ho shit, the kid used a mom cuss. This thread is getting real dawg.
Post some pictures and stories so I can laugh at how bad you are.

I'll post a story about me fucking your mother in my Shonen Jump manga.

Clock:

I've had a good reasons to begin with, i don't know how to explain it since you didn't understand it with my normal explanation, Manga and anime is not the same shit at all, manga is manga, and anime is born from a succesfull manga, now to get that succesfull manga i will have to work my ass off. There is a retard over me trying to be a g-unit person or some shit.

Anyways, i will still work as in aiming for Shonen Jump, people here was funny, specially that supderdooperfagmachine guy, it's really impressive how fag a human race can be. Anyways, it was a reasonable argument until 2 faggots of this forum saw this thread, well, trolls is everywhere, that's for sure, and nah not really, i'm allready grown up, more then you, both physically & mentaly, but i surely dont take shit from anyone rather it will be internet or real life, i'll be answering exactly the same way people talk to me. You should learn that yourself.

ClockHand
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
EDIIIIIT: Also, get your stupid ass knowledge to rights, i was borned in a part of Russia where people live in mountains, also called Chechenia, the place is all bombed and fucked up, you're saying that i have not lived a shitty life ? I didn't mention 95% of my life in that reply to that Japanese dude on this forum, i say it again, don't bullshit about a person you don't know a god damn thing about.

Where you constantly attacked in your own home and raped? You had no parents? You lost your limbs and dick? Did you saw your mother/sister being raped and finally killed?

In the Fabela if you are a girl you are gonna be raped, you are going to belong to a gang boss and you are going to probably die in a very young age. If you are a boy it will not be too different, you are going to die by a bullet, not mater if you were good or bad, and you will see your mom selling her own body, but not for you, for herself. You are going to see all your family (if they are alive) addicted to drugs and probably connected to gang members and drug dealers.

Again, even in the Fabela there is people who is not blaming their life and telling it was hard, but you do, which mean you are a little emo kid.

I've had a good reasons to begin with, i don't know how to explain it since you didn't understand it with my normal explanation, Manga and anime is not the same shit at all, manga is manga, and anime is born from a succesfull manga, now to get that succesfull manga i will have to work my ass off. There is a retard over me trying to be a g-unit person or some shit.

Wrong, Anime is animation. You can do an anime without making a manga first and I can name thousand of examples. Also, there are plenty of members in here who study animation (or want to), and they can teach you one or two things about this subject.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I would not care if i would be a living dick in your eyes, after all, you're nothing to me. What you think is your own problem, i don't see why people is getting so frustrated when i'm replying in the same manner as they do. Totally fucked up.

Superdooperphailmachine
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Are you like 12, you are using mom cusses and calling people faggots.
The way you are acting screams immature child who has no responsibilities.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
You're insulting people and they are just trying to give you freindly advice. That's the differance.

Nobody started giving you shit back until you started talking to everyone like you're the master of the universe.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Where you constantly attacked in your own home and raped? You had no parents? You lost your limbs and dick? Did you saw your mother/sister being raped and finally killed?

In the Fabela if you are a girl you are gonna be raped, you are going to belong to a gang boss and you are going to probably die in a very young age. If you are a boy it will not be too different, you are going to die by a bullet, not mater if you were good or bad, and you will see your mom selling her own body, but not for you, for herself. You are going to see all your family (if they are alive) addicted to drugs and probably connected to gang members and drug dealers.

Again, even in the Fabela there is people who is not blaming their life and telling it was hard, but you do, which mean you are a little emo kid.

Wrong, Anime is animation. You can do an anime without making a manga first and I can name thousand of examples. Also, there are plenty of members in here who study animation (or want to), and they can teach you one or two things about this subject.

Animation is animation, it can be animated right away. Manga is manga, it can get popular and it can get un-popular. In my case, i would not like to anime it right away, i stated it earlier, i like drawing and i would love to give my drawing a help to get lively.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
You're insulting people and they are just trying to give you freindly advice. That's the differance.

Nobody started giving you shit back until you started talking to everyone like you're the master of the universe.

Ooh yes, so true, i remember i pm'd superfagmachine and asked him to fuck with me on this topic, totally right, my fault. I also asked Kodos or whatever his name was to lesson me about the zero-chance and my unrealistic goal. You're so damn right, that must be the experience of yours, no, really, what you typed makes no sense.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 01:07 PM
What makes you so special, then?

You think nobody else on the entire planet just thought if they tried really hard, they would succeed?

I'm not trying to say I'm the most experienced person ever, but it doesn't even matter, because I just wanted to give you a bit of advice from what I have seen and done personally. Would there be a point in me posting artwork to try and prove that I know what I'm talking about? No, because you've proven time and time again that you'd just call it crap anyway, simply because you don't agree with what I'm saying.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 01:10 PM
What makes you so special, then?

You think nobody else on the entire planet just thought if they tried really hard, they would succeed?

I'm not trying to say I'm the most experienced person ever, but it doesn't even matter, because I just wanted to give you a bit of advice from what I have seen and done personally. Would there be a point in me posting artwork to try and prove that I know what I'm talking about? No, because you've proven time and time again that you'd just call it crap anyway, simply because you don't agree with what I'm saying.

Yes, i would call it crap anyway. I never once made an insult before that "Experinced members" line.

Well, all of your advices, not only you but everyone that did post anything, they were all negative. So why should i really care..... Thanks for the advices on .. trying to instead of aiming to get serialization in my own country, or what ???....

Edit: Again, no one did post anything that had "Something like that will be hard to achieve, but good luck anyways, if that's what you wish for" How the fuck can you seriously call all those posts "friendly"? Okay, they were maybe not the opposite by they was all going in the same direction and with a kind of bad meaning:cat_graduate:

Regantor
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
How is that not positive? We said you could succeed in the long run.

Forgive us for thinking you were posting here for advice, on a tutorial forum of all things, and not just making a thread about how awesome you apparently are. That's what this thread has basically come down to.

butternut
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Listen. You think it makes no sense because you don't want to see sense in it. At least that's what I could gather.

Please try re-reading the earlier posts as advice from OLDER and MORE EXPERIENCED people who've already been there done that, rather than shit thrown at you for discouraging you or pulling you down. Just try looking at it from other person's point of view.

I'd like to tell more, but that wouldn't help the cause at all, rather only makes it worse. SO please try re-reading at least the first 2-3 pages without thinking or feeling that the rest of the world is your enemy or trying to pull you down.

Again, no one did post anything that had "Something like that will be hard to achieve, but good luck anyways, if that's what you wish for" How the fuck can you seriously call all those posts "friendly"?

If we'd told that to you, we'd be like the worst people ever. Look, you are in the 9th grade right now. People here are much much older and know what the world is like. How hard one must work in order to survive - get food, maintain shelter and still pursue dreams. All that advice was given taking into account everything, not just randomly. If you don't want to pay any attention and only take in the cuss and insults and behave like a stone wall, just go.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Listen. You think it makes no sense because you don't want to see sense in it. At least that's what I could gather.

Please try re-reading the earlier posts as advice from OLDER and MORE EXPERIENCED people who've already been there done that, rather than shit thrown at you for discouraging you or pulling you down. Just try looking at it from other person's point of view.

I'd like to tell more, but that wouldn't help the cause at all, rather only makes it worse. SO please try re-reading at least the first 2-3 pages without thinking or feeling that the rest of the world is your enemy or trying to pull you down.:cat_listen:

If we'd told that to you, we'd be like the worst people ever. Look, you are in the 9th grade right now. People here are much much older and know what the world is like. How hard one must work in order to survive - get food, maintain shelter and still pursue dreams. All that advice was given taking into account everything, not just randomly. If you don't want to pay any attention and only take in the cuss and insults and behave like a stone wall, just go.

Okay, maybe not everyone was posting negative & troll shit, but i wont either say that no one posted unneccesary shit that started the chaos. Anyhow, i guess i owe a sorry to the Reg dude & Bacon.

I figured as much that it would be hard to draw everyday, i figured that it would be hard to get into Japan, it will be hard to even let em notice my Manga. I know that, what i asked was for a bit of tips like how i could let it get noticed, how i could Shonen Jump to notice me:cat_panic:.

Anyhow, thanks for the advices those who were trying to help.

butternut
02-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Okay, I'm not sure if these help, but there are similar threads in "Drawing Animation and Tutorials" Section. I looked through the first two pages and found these:
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?1827-Understanding-on-Publishing-manga!
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?1644-So-how-would-one-become-a-maga-artist-From-USA-gt-Japan

You can look through the whole section, you might find more of such threads. Reg already told there are a lot of people looking for the same thing. Also, that section is really helpful. I'm sure you'll find more helpful stuff, all related to drawing, comic creation, animation etc.

We just didn't want to get your head in the clouds. It's awesome that you want to work towards it. Just make DAMN Sure you have a Plan B to fall back on. Don't make this your only thing in life. That's what Reg was getting at in the beginning.

Kodos
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I am posting from my phone on the bus. I'll elaborate more when I get home in a bit for now, OP, Fail consider this a warning to tone it down.
Expect more detail in30-40mins

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 03:51 PM
I am posting from my phone on the bus. I'll elaborate more when I get home in a bit for now, OP, Fail consider this a warning to tone it down.
Expect more detail in30-40mins

Didn't really get anything there.

Kodos
02-06-2012, 03:55 PM
I've got a headache, I'm sleepy, and I'm nauseous. In spite of that, I'm going to try and address everything. If I miss something, please someone let me know and I'll get to it.

Let me start off by laughing at you, i actually need to screen this. "Determination, ambition, and will are meaningless?"
Did you read past my first sentence? At all? Determination, ambition, and will are absolutely meaningless in the absence of means by which to bring them to realization. You cannot will sickness away, you need to see a doctor. You cannot will yourself muscles, you need to exercise. So on and so forth. Before you dismiss something, you should probably read it.

I have nothing to reply to you, ohh yeah though, next time you'll type something in that "lecture-style" of yours, make sure that it's true, also, at the end of your lesson, don't forget to type "in my opinion" or it'll be just looking funny, like it does now.
People don't need to append "in my opinion" to their opinions, because people understand that when someone is speaking, they are stating their own views, unless otherwise noted. Also if this is the manner in which you respond to criticism you do not like, how in the name of Eris do you plan to survive in the world of popular media?

Edit: Also, about that unrealistic timeframes, you don't know much i work right? You could not either know that i draw everyday, practicing in order to achieve something???... So, to put it simple, don't run bullshit if you dont know anything about the person you're talking about.
I don't know how much you work or practice, nor does it matter. You could be some kind of cybernetic ubermensch and it still would not make an iota of difference. I do have serious reservations about your actual skill, and even more serious ones about your professionalism, but if you read my point, and the point others made, you'd see we are arguing that one of the reasons you will never be in shonen jump is because you are not Japanese. You are a gaijin. I am unaware of any amount of practice that can suddenly make a person Japanese.

Again, read my post. As I pointed out, skill is irrelevant when the hurdle you must surpass is that of a racist culture. If you were the greatest mangaka to ever walk this planet there is a slim chance you might, just maybe, get in shonen jump, but something tells me you are not the greatest mangaka to ever walk the planet, and that you will not be the lucky foreigner who smashed down the walls of racism and xenophobia and scored a powerful victory in the name of tolerance and understanding.

Give me a flying break, you all being experienced, no, not really, sorry for breaking your status or whatever you though about yourself. You might be friendly with people here and they might be friendly to you cuz you were here long time. But, you're really not experienced, and that, even i can tell. The only experienced guy i saw so long was Sutari, in my eyes, and in my opinion.
Yes, I agree. Reg is very much lacking in experience (http://imgur.com/a/xSqsg#0). I don't know why he's even on these boards, to be honest.
But even in your magical fantasy world where Reg is inexperienced, so what? One can criticize something without being skilled in that thing. Do you need to be a chef in order to tell if a meal is delicious or not? If I had my chef friend cook you a literal pile of shit and serve it to you, would you be forbidden from commenting on the meal because you are not the experienced chef he is?
Knowledge in a field certainly helps, and lends weight to and credibility to opinion, but many people are fully capable and qualified to make judgments on certain things without being experts on them.

That line was funny, i made this topic to see what people though about my resolve, i didn't make it to change my decision, i didn't either type it ANYWHERE in my post that i would change it, from the first post, everyone started to think that the post was about "Why should i not try to get serialized with Shonen Jump" ??? C'mon, being experienced & have knowledge is about encourage others to fight to the end, to help people out with questions and draw tips, that's what it's called to wanting someone to succeed. Not a single post had "I wish you good luck" or any kind of lines in that type.
I knew my best friend's niece when she was a small child. Very small. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, she'd usually answer "a light bulb, or maybe a butterfly." I suppose her parents were very poor caregivers for allowing her to lose her resolve, and not encouraging her in her grand quest to become a lighting apparatus or winged insect.

When someone has a realistic goal, the proper thing to do is to offer encouragement and support. When someone has an utterly unrealistic goal the proper thing to do is to point out how and why it is unrealistic, so that the person in question does not waste massive amounts of time, energy, and money trying to do the impossible.
The odds of you, or of any gaijin, being published in shonen jump are only slightly greater than America having an openly Muslim president in our lifetime.
Your goal is unrealistic in the extreme, and if you pursue it at the expense of other, doable, goals you will only hurt yourself. As I said before, if you want to do manga, that's cool, and I hope you pursue that goal. But if your goal is to be published in shonen jump, and you put all your eggs in that basket and aim solely for that, that's a different story.

I am too tired and lazy to quote all your other posts, but I'll try and wrap it up. If you take issue and want me to point out specific quotes, I'm more then happy to.

Your attitude towards Japan reeks of the immature, unrealistic, and blind idealism endemic to weaboos. That does not give people confidence in you, because quite frankly it makes you look like a naive idiot. Your attitude towards criticism betrays extreme unprofessionalism, and makes you look like a child. Your literally childish name calling and use of 'fag' as an insult just makes you look extremely young, and awful in about equal measure. You are demanding people take you seriously - and we are - and then not only doing everything you can to make us *not* take you seriously, but complaining when we do.

I'm not going to close this thread, because I'm hoping you'll actually read this, and maybe learn something. I'm sure that there are members of this forum here who are willing to help you improve your art skills, and people in this thread who can help you find out what you need to do if you are serious about getting published, and how to look into that stuff. I could go on about my own experiences as a writer, and how difficult it is to get published, and how much of it is blind luck and social networking, but that's pretty much unrelated, and I don't need to justify myself to you.

As for you, Fail; first of all, ableism is not cool, man, and there are plenty of things you could have called him besides retarded. Second of all, while the OP was being a petulant child, and a little snark or nastiness may have been justified, that was out of line. Watch it, broski.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Okay, I'm not sure if these help, but there are similar threads in "Drawing Animation and Tutorials" Section. I looked through the first two pages and found these:
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?1827-Understanding-on-Publishing-manga!
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?1644-So-how-would-one-become-a-maga-artist-From-USA-gt-Japan

You can look through the whole section, you might find more of such threads. Reg already told there are a lot of people looking for the same thing. Also, that section is really helpful. I'm sure you'll find more helpful stuff, all related to drawing, comic creation, animation etc.

We just didn't want to get your head in the clouds. It's awesome that you want to work towards it. Just make DAMN Sure you have a Plan B to fall back on. Don't make this your only thing in life. That's what Reg was getting at in the beginning.

Okay, i've pretty much read those 2 links, and it says basicly the same, closest i can get is to become USA Manga Artist. Alright, let's say i could agree on writing manga for USA, but the problem is, i want my manga to get real, i want it to become lively at a time it's super popular, and that would really be no point in doing the USA shit, since there is not a single chance in the world i'll accept an anime with english voice actors, especially if that would be my own anime... Well, thanks for the answers & links, they're all basicly leading & saying the same things. I've a really strong resolve about getting serialized in Japan, and i'm starting to think if it was wrong to take it... There is no way i'd back down, and i don't either want to back down, i can be honest and tell that i would get pulverized if i would fail to get serialization in Japan, but let's say again that i would be happy if i tried my whole life. I don't really know, real gambling, i could be lucky and they could notice me = serialization, or i could really past this with 20-30 years without succeding... Hard stuff.

I've got a headache, I'm sleepy, and I'm nauseous. In spite of that, I'm going to try and address everything. If I miss something, please someone let me know and I'll get to it.

Did you read past my first sentence? At all? Determination, ambition, and will are absolutely meaningless in the absence of means by which to bring them to realization. You cannot will sickness away, you need to see a doctor. You cannot will yourself muscles, you need to exercise. So on and so forth. Before you dismiss something, you should probably read it.

People don't need to append "in my opinion" to their opinions, because people understand that when someone is speaking, they are stating their own views, unless otherwise noted. Also if this is the manner in which you respond to criticism you do not like, how in the name of Eris do you plan to survive in the world of popular media?

I don't know how much you work or practice, nor does it matter. You could be some kind of cybernetic ubermensch and it still would not make an iota of difference. I do have serious reservations about your actual skill, and even more serious ones about your professionalism, but if you read my point, and the point others made, you'd see we are arguing that one of the reasons you will never be in shonen jump is because you are not Japanese. You are a gaijin. I am unaware of any amount of practice that can suddenly make a person Japanese.

Again, read my post. As I pointed out, skill is irrelevant when the hurdle you must surpass is that of a racist culture. If you were the greatest mangaka to ever walk this planet there is a slim chance you might, just maybe, get in shonen jump, but something tells me you are not the greatest mangaka to ever walk the planet, and that you will not be the lucky foreigner who smashed down the walls of racism and xenophobia and scored a powerful victory in the name of tolerance and understanding.

Yes, I agree. Reg is very much lacking in experience (http://imgur.com/a/xSqsg#0). I don't know why he's even on these boards, to be honest.
But even in your magical fantasy world where Reg is inexperienced, so what? One can criticize something without being skilled in that thing. Do you need to be a chef in order to tell if a meal is delicious or not? If I had my chef friend cook you a literal pile of shit and serve it to you, would you be forbidden from commenting on the meal because you are not the experienced chef he is?
Knowledge in a field certainly helps, and lends weight to and credibility to opinion, but many people are fully capable and qualified to make judgments on certain things without being experts on them.

I knew my best friend's niece when she was a small child. Very small. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, she'd usually answer "a light bulb, or maybe a butterfly." I suppose her parents were very poor caregivers for allowing her to lose her resolve, and not encouraging her in her grand quest to become a lighting apparatus or winged insect.

When someone has a realistic goal, the proper thing to do is to offer encouragement and support. When someone has an utterly unrealistic goal the proper thing to do is to point out how and why it is unrealistic, so that the person in question does not waste massive amounts of time, energy, and money trying to do the impossible.
The odds of you, or of any gaijin, being published in shonen jump are only slightly greater than America having an openly Muslim president in our lifetime.
Your goal is unrealistic in the extreme, and if you pursue it at the expense of other, doable, goals you will only hurt yourself. As I said before, if you want to do manga, that's cool, and I hope you pursue that goal. But if your goal is to be published in shonen jump, and you put all your eggs in that basket and aim solely for that, that's a different story.

I am too tired and lazy to quote all your other posts, but I'll try and wrap it up. If you take issue and want me to point out specific quotes, I'm more then happy to.

Your attitude towards Japan reeks of the immature, unrealistic, and blind idealism endemic to weaboos. That does not give people confidence in you, because quite frankly it makes you look like a naive idiot. Your attitude towards criticism betrays extreme unprofessionalism, and makes you look like a child. Your literally childish name calling and use of 'fag' as an insult just makes you look extremely young, and awful in about equal measure. You are demanding people take you seriously - and we are - and then not only doing everything you can to make us *not* take you seriously, but complaining when we do.

I'm not going to close this thread, because I'm hoping you'll actually read this, and maybe learn something. I'm sure that there are members of this forum here who are willing to help you improve your art skills, and people in this thread who can help you find out what you need to do if you are serious about getting published, and how to look into that stuff. I could go on about my own experiences as a writer, and how difficult it is to get published, and how much of it is blind luck and social networking, but that's pretty much unrelated, and I don't need to justify myself to you.

As for you, Fail; first of all, ableism is not cool, man, and there are plenty of things you could have called him besides retarded. Second of all, while the OP was being a petulant child, and a little snark or nastiness may have been justified, that was out of line. Watch it, broski.

You're pissing me off, you make me incarnate from the inside & out.......
First off, i get your point, and i see that you got some knowledge.
Second, stop using the fucking word "Gaijin" people are all the same, Japan accepted skilled karate fighters, Oyama had a pupil from my small country, he's now having his own Kyuokushinkaj school in Japan. Japan is not any country that would reject you for simply not being from Japan, learn that.
Third, i'll work my ass off day and night, 24/7 for people like you, the ones that's stating that i could never get serialized with Shonen Jump, you literally awakening a demon inside me or something..... You and all that kind of people is the ones that i should thank, thanks to those comments of yours, i will never stop trying on this, i will NEVER stop practicing, even if i'll change my mind on this now, i'll still keep going until every inch of my muscles wont hold the pen. I will draw until my brain can't comprehend it, i will put 3 times the limit that i would take just to prove it that it's possible, to prove it to people like you who is stating that it's not possible with 100% confident, and for people who's thinking that's not possible with 0% confident, may it kill me rather then i listen to the ones like you and give up.

Now, i don't want anyone getting me wrong as last time, i'm not either trying to be rude or cocky.
This dream of mine became something more then just a dream, it became something people is telling me impossible, it's people like you that's pushing me to the end & opening further limits. Thank you for those harsh comments, sounds weird, but they really are giving me the stuff i miss, they're filling me with confident that i was missing for this. I appreciate it.

Kodos
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
You're pissing me off, you make me incarnate from the inside & out.......
I have no idea what you are even trying to see. "Incarnate"?

First off, i get your point, and i see that you got some knowledge.
Second, stop using the fucking word "Gaijin" people are all the same, Japan accepted skilled karate fighters, Oyama had a pupil from my small country, he's now having his own Kyuokushinkaj school in Japan. Japan is not any country that would reject you for simply not being from Japan, learn that.
Oh, gee. I'm sorry. I guess all my years of studying social justice issues, my conversations with Japanese nationals, including Rei and other personal friends, were wrong. I was totally wrong! Japan isn't a racist country at all! You have shown me the error of my ways!

Childish Rambling
You are not Naruto. Real life is not manga. I am very sorry that I have to be the one to tell you this, but it is true.

EDIT: Also; do not double-post. Edit your posts.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 04:26 PM
There has never been a single western person who has had their manga published by a Japanese company inside Japan and made it big. Nobody. Not one. That's not blind speculation, that's not us just trying to put you down, it's reality. You can find these facts anywhere on the internet. Time has proven the Japanese do not hire foreigners for things they can do better themselves, and why wouldn't they?

The reason I keep saying that we get this stuff constantly is because not one of the thousands of people with the same bright idea as you has ever succeeded. Some of them might even have been us in younger years. If you listened to a single word anyone said, you'd know that you might, might just be able to do it by becoming popular over here and then making a case for yourself over here.

That's the best advice we can give you, and if you don't like it, so be it.

From that point, I litterally can't think of any reason for you to stay here. It's not like you want advice. It's not like you'd be willing to give anything back to the community.

So just be on your merry way, please, so we can get on with our lives.

Kodos
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
It's absurdly unlikely, but possibly in the realm of possibility that he could become big in Japan. Well, not him. Not with an attitude like that, anyway. But some foreigner. But published in a mainstream thing like Shonen Jump? Yeaaaaah.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 04:43 PM
There are certianly enough incredibly talented manga-styled western artists around right this second. Look anywhere on Deviantart. (http://www.deviantart.com/) It's not like each and every one of them isn't published in Shonen Jump because they are all somehow just too dumb to ask.

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
02-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Awh, this kid reminds me of me when I was 13. I remember writing a full 90+ page screenplay and thinking I was gonna make it big in Hollywood off the back of it. Oh, those were the days.

Then I grew up and realised if you want to make it as a Hollywood screenwriter (assuming you don't live in Los Angeles or New York City and have a shit load of good connections) the only way to get into writing movies is via writing novels. Now I couldn't think of anything worse than letting a bunch of bloodsuckers like the Hollywood film industry anywhere near anything anyone of any credibility had ever written.

Anyway, let the kid have his little dream. Its nice to have a goal, even if it is unattainable. When he grows up and realises how the world works he'll wise up. Not that I give a shit about any of this, it just makes me feel all nostalgic.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Awh, this kid reminds me of me when I was 13. I remember writing a full 90+ page screenplay and thinking I was gonna make it big in Hollywood off the back of it. Oh, those were the days.

Then I grew up and realised if you want to make it as a Hollywood screenwriter (assuming you don't live in Los Angeles or New York City and have a shit load of good connections) the only way to get into writing movies is via writing novels. Now I couldn't think of anything worse than letting a bunch of bloodsuckers like the Hollywood film industry anywhere near anything anyone of any credibility had ever written.

Anyway, let the kid have his little dream. Its nice to have a goal, even if it is unattainable. When he grows up and realises how the world works he'll wise up. Not that I give a shit about any of this, it just makes me feel all nostalgic.

I can see that it brings back memories of your fail, watch who you're calling kid, i'm soon 17 and fuck this, if i wont get serialized with Shonen Jump there is a possibility they would mention my death. Anyways, i don't hold the life dear, and i don't really give a fuck about it either. I found out that it's possible to get serialized, and i will get serialized, through work or either death. I know you all probably laugh at what i'm typing, but this was my first real decision in my whole 16 years, and i'm not backing down on it, there's 2 ways for me to get serialized, be it either through hard work & effort and luck, or simply death.

Regantor, as Kodo said "I don't even know why he's on this forum"
Don't tell other people to leave when you're nothing here yourself, thanks.

And no, i will prove it to you all, i will work like no one has ever done before, i will take tips about drawing & gfx from this site. I'll also watch the tutorials here, when 1 year will pass, i will post my manga here, and the things i would draw, i will simply be here to let you know that i still didn't gave up on it, and that i'm not just a talk. Also remember, dont "kidd" me, i don't like it. Refer to me as either my real name, middle name, or my forum name.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Haha, I literally stopped myself from posting "Prepare to get insulted Hos, in 3... 2... 1..."

Kodos is a moderator, and it's out of his kindness that this thread has not been locked and your account deleted. I've been around for at least five years, HoS practically for longer than anyone else on the forum.

That makes your definition of 'nothing' is quite interesting indeed.

I guess at least this thread will make a good hyperlink for when the next one comes along.

Kodos
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I can see that it brings back memories of your fail, watch who you're calling kid, i'm soon 17 and fuck this
Sweet Jesus fuck. I thought you were, like, 12-14. You're nearly 17 and you're this obstinate, stubborn, and childish. Really? You are nearly 17 years old, living in 2011, and you are acting like a child, making your momma insults, and using faggot as a slur?

@_@

if i wont get serialized with Shonen Jump there is a possibility they would mention my death.
"If I don't get my way I'll kill myself because I'm an adult! Take me seriously! Pay attention to me! I'm an adult! Why can't I sit at the big people table! I'm not a kid! I'm not!"

Anyways, i don't hold the life dear, and i don't really give a fuck about it either. I found out that it's possible to get serialized, and i will get serialized, through work or either death.
...You can't get serialized through death. What.

I know you all probably laugh at what i'm typing, but this was my first real decision in my whole 16 years, and i'm not backing down on it, there's 2 ways for me to get serialized, be it either through hard work & effort and luck, or simply death.
Um... No. There is zero ways. And what the fuck are you even going on getting serialized through death.

Regantor, as Kodo said "I don't even know why he's on this forum"
Don't tell other people to leave when you're nothing here yourself, thanks.
You have no idea how sarcasm works, do you? Reg is incredibly talented, and he's here because he's a talented artist, a good friend, and since he's not a belligerent child, people find his company enjoyable.

And no, i will prove it to you all, i will work like no one has ever done before, i will take tips about drawing & gfx from this site. I'll also watch the tutorials here, when 1 year will pass, i will post my manga here, and the things i would draw, i will simply be here to let you know that i still didn't gave up on it, and that i'm not just a talk. Also remember, dont "kidd" me, i don't like it. Refer to me as either my real name, middle name, or my forum name.
"AND IT'LL THE BE THE BEST MANGA. IT'LL HAVE BLACKJACK. AND HOOKERS. AND IT'LL BE AWESOME! YOU'LL SEE! I HATE YOU DAD!"

Anyway, HoS, I think the reason we are getting involved is because most of us see an extremely delusional child, and are trying to spare them lots of heartache and wasted time. Plus if he moves to Japan, that's just setting himself up for a life of poverty. Dropping out of school to work on a dream that's about as plausible as a perpetual energy machine is more than childish daydreaming, it's dangerous and something that can fuck you over for life.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
The thing I'm confused about is that nobody actually told him to give up completely. The advice given early in the thread was basically "Might want to get a dayjob aswell so you don't starve to death." I know, teenage melodrama and that, but I tend to take people suggesting that I not die as a good thing... That and giving me some stepping stones towards the things I want, free of charge.

Hell, the only reason I'm getting so wound up about this all is because if Bacon, Clock, Sutari and myself hadn't jumped in at the very first post and tried to let him down softly, it all would have been the standard trollothon which usually happens.

In future it might be an idea to simply create a "Do western guys actually get published in Japan?" thread, sticky it, then axe/move all future topics of this kind for easier moderation.

Niizuma
02-06-2012, 06:07 PM
The thing I'm confused about is that nobody actually told him to give up completely. The advice given early in the thread was basically "Might want to get a dayjob aswell so you don't starve to death." I know, teenage melodrama and that, but I tend to take people suggesting that I not die as a good thing... That and giving me some stepping stones towards the things I want, free of charge.

Hell, the only reason I'm getting so wound up about this all is because if Bacon, Clock, Sutari and myself hadn't jumped in at the very first post and tried to let him down softly, it all would have been the standard trollothon which usually happens.

In future it might be an idea to simply create a "Do western guys actually get published in Japan?" thread, sticky it, then axe/move all future topics of this kind for easier moderation.

You're all clearly hanging it that way, you're clearly showing it to me that i should give up, if you're denying that yourselves it's purely retardness, anyways, i'll type these words from my heart, i clearly don't give a fuck about what you guys think, and i take back my apologize, you were after all nothing but low-lifes, i hope i wont be a dick like you guys, when i reach the age 25, i really hope i will still have the will & ambitions at that age. Lock this thread, i'm tired of playing with y'all.

jubeh
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Im actually just going to ban you

Evil_Cake
02-06-2012, 06:10 PM
man i wanted 2 get trolled too

GunZet
02-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Listen, I read through all of this. And all I can say is, I hope you took in at least something from what these guys were trying to tell you. Your dream is your dream, and I'm glad you have so much ambition to follow that dream and make it happen.
But life isn't a dream. You have to really cooperate and make sacrifices. Not to mention you're only 17 and got a ways to go.

Best of luck.

ClockHand
02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
What really bothers me are your reasons. You don't want to make a manga to tell stories, but rather to have an anime in Japanese. You're being "driven" by some kind of childish revenge and the "I will prove you wrong". And you are not aware of the sacrifices it takes to achieve your goal, it's already hard for the common person to pay for a place to sleep and something to eat, you need to be aware that life is quiet hard and you are just making your life more impossible for yourself (in some ways we are trying to not mess your own life).

A lot of people in here have a lot of experience, not necessarily in comics, but they have in art, drawing, writing and other medias. There are also many members who pay rents, have to work and so on, they will tell you how hard is life. We might look like trying to break you or something like that, but we are (in some way) trying to help you, to not make a mistake you're going to regret.

Also, as an advice, don't tell people "I'm going to make it and I will prove everyone wrong and I will post all my success here". Because at the end you might be working as a retailer, your work might not have the desired quality and you are just going to look bad. And if you make it, no one would care, no one is going to feel like "oh man, why I didn't believe in him?". So its a pretty bad decision, if you fail your are going to look bad and if you success no one will care.

Regantor
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Pretty much this entire thread =

The thing I'm confused about is that nobody actually told him to give up completely.

You're clearly showing it to me that i should give up

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/006/y-u-no-guy.jpg

I don't mean to be perticularly harsh or anything, but that's literally what it came down to. Everyone was gritting their teeth, assuming he deserved the benifit of the doubt, myself included.

But if you don't want to listen, you just don't want to listen. :/

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
02-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Anyway, HoS, I think the reason we are getting involved is because most of us see an extremely delusional child, and are trying to spare them lots of heartache and wasted time. Plus if he moves to Japan, that's just setting himself up for a life of poverty. Dropping out of school to work on a dream that's about as plausible as a perpetual energy machine is more than childish daydreaming, it's dangerous and something that can fuck you over for life.

Yeah, I know, but you just gotta let the kid get it out of his system. We all had big ambitions when we were kids, but most of us grew out of them by the time we were 17, and even if we didnt, we grew out of them soon after. It would be kinda sweet if it wasn't for the fact this kid is a total asshole and is unable to take any criticsim whatsoever.

Anyway, if the kid is talking about killing himself, then hes just looking for attention which is pathetic. Ignore the kid, its the only way he'll learn.

Rio
02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh boy, talk about drama. :\

Last 2 advice for you, the OP, if you happen to be viewing this as a guest:

1. If you are serious about becoming a mangaka, you're better off using the time you have to practice your drawing/art skills than going onto a forum or any other place or dong anything that is basically a time waster. You're at a disadvantage as it is being an English speaker who wants to break into a Japanese weekly magazine - use your time more wisely.

2. Go to school in Japan. There's a list of schools here (http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/resource/) (you have to be logged in to view the page, btw) that welcome English speaking students. If you are committed, get your ass over to one of those schools. At least in those schools you can a) learn the skills and craft b) get connections and c) learn the language.

If you are as committed and determined as you say then you will achieve something.