PDA

View Full Version : Digimon type game, still interested?

doghateburger
01-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey guys,

So recently I visit a path down memory lane, and I was thinking of how cool it was back then when everyone was hyping about Digimon Virtual pets. The thing that connects and fight, and we have to feed them and do all that shat.

Lets say if someone were to revive that on a smartphone like android or the IOS, how many of you would be interested in buying and playing it?

Lucy
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM
OH MY GOSH PICK ME ASDFGKL. I still carry a tamagotchi because I am A WELL ADJUSTED INDIVIDUAL I SWEAR.

ClockHand
01-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I hate those things.

But to be honest, you will become rich if you do. There is plenty of mindless peoples who feel the need to be chained in virtual responsabilities.

Lucy
01-23-2012, 06:18 PM
There is plenty of mindless peoples who feel the need to be chained in virtual responsabilities.
WELL ADJUSTED INDIVIDUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAL

ClockHand
01-23-2012, 06:19 PM
¿?

Fenn
01-23-2012, 11:49 PM
If you made this as an app, and made it well, it could very well go viral.

Inksprout
01-24-2012, 04:23 AM
I think there are already some apps like that out there, you'll have to do some research and figure out how to make yours cooler.

ClockHand
01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
I think there are already some apps like that out there, you'll have to do some research and figure out how to make yours cooler.

Marketing.

Most apps suffer for that.

Regantor
01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
It really depends on the looks and exact features with this sort of thing, gotta be honest... Web-based things like neopets have been around for years and are perfectly acccesible on internet-cabible phones now. So it would probally still have to fight to stand out from the crowd.

What kinda graphics would it have, sprites or polygons? Would you be gunning for a younger market, or the actual, more technically-minded, mon fanbase itself?...

CypressDahlia
01-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Make it so you can fight with it.

ClockHand
01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Better, made it with robots, and you can buy and exchange pieces.

Regantor
01-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Kinda wouldn't be a virtual 'pet' game then, through, would it?... Not that an armoured core/metabots thingy that you could keep in your pocket wouldn't be awesome, that said, if a wee bit harder to program. I should know, I've tried in GM. *_*

Anyway, to segway back onto topic, a fairly decent abbility to personalise your monster would probally be a good idea.

ClockHand
01-24-2012, 02:54 PM
forget good ideas, just marketing.

Haven't you learn'd anything of big companies?

CypressDahlia
01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Well I mean the success of a Digimon-based game would rely heavily on combat because the show itself was about 90% combat. So walling off 90% of what you see onscreen will be really disappointing for people looking to experience the source material. Like imagine Pokemon with only breeding and items. o_o When the show is mostly about battling.

ClockHand
01-24-2012, 02:57 PM
I though the success was about breeding and training.

At least that's what was cool on the digimon game from ps one.

Regantor
01-24-2012, 03:00 PM
forget good ideas, just marketing.

Haven't you learn'd anything of big companies?

Yeah, this could be you!

http://www.leftfootforward.org/images/2012/01/capitalist-greed.jpeg

Seriously through, I don't think Burger exactly has the money for mass-marketing, so it being a good game might be somewhat helpful. And yeah, this includes a really decent battle system, like Cypress is saying. >_>

ClockHand
01-24-2012, 03:03 PM
He can do viral marketing, it's cheap and it can be more successful.