PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Writer!

hajihatsuki
01-17-2012, 01:34 AM
I`m a beginner at this, but i would like to work with someone on a manga. I`d like to do like a psychological horror kinda thing..... but i suck at shounen manga. so if someone would like to join me, i would be much obliged. *bows* Oh, yeah ill be posting more of my work in my gallery soon!

AlmanacnamedTime
01-17-2012, 11:04 AM
what do you mean by psychological horror exactly?

hajihatsuki
01-17-2012, 03:30 PM
okay, i like to break horror up into 2 groups; gore horror, and psychological horror. the latter is like a giant puzzle, but its still horror. like Higurashi no naku koro ni. (when the Higurashi cry.)

ClockHand
01-17-2012, 04:21 PM
I think you have some weird mix here.

Horror and Psychological Thrillers are sub genres of the Thriller genre, which focus in creating a mystery and tension in the story (thriller duh). But in Horror the characters have a need of survival, example: in Funny Game the characters have to survive the constant aggression of the murders. While psychological thriller, is about the mystery or the tension about the discovery of the inner psychology of the characters, this is more complex to find alone (without other sub genres of genres) but a example could by Alan Wake (video game).

Facing a Psychological Horror you need to mix both, the need of survival and the thrill of a psychological problem (which can be dead, reality, perception, etc).

About Gore: for my gore doesn't deserve to be called a sub genre or a genre, is just a graphical expression of violence. I find it little or almost none pros in the formation of a horror story.

Well good luck with a psychological horror, is some quiet interesting and it can be quiet complex, if you need help with characters, conflicts and other stuffs, feel free to ask.

PD: probably the best example you can have of psychological horror is Alfred Hitchcock.

hajihatsuki
01-18-2012, 06:52 AM
thanks! I had a little trouble trying to explain it myself, but yours is muuch easier..
oh yeah for my artwork i have no tablet or computer programs so all my work is by hand.

happytree
01-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Hey i can make a HORROR Manga Story if you want ?

i have also Romance , comedy or adventure pm me if you want

ClockHand
01-18-2012, 11:01 AM
show some of your art work.

happytree
01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Me ? i dont good at drawing but i can make story :3

AlmanacnamedTime
01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I have to do something like that for school, if you dont mind me turning it in for credit(i would make it clear i'm not the artist)

hajihatsuki
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't mind you turning it in~ (to happytree: thanks, but id like to see the story first!)
i'll upload some work tonight, but first do you have some kinda thesis? i have 3 styles and would like to see what would work the best.

ClockHand
01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
I could help. But I prefer to see the styles first, so I can see what kind of approach would be the best. Still I have to warn that I'm made of pure procrastination.

happytree
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
@Haijihatsuki

Kaminari Miyagi, a highschooler, is on a school trip to a 1000-year temple along with his classmates.
Once there, strange things start happening to them. Suddenly they are all thrown into a warp and brought to a
magical world, Tierra! There, Miyagi meets mae sevenfold, a member of the Anti Spell clan who accompanies him
on to find all of his classmate and bring back them to the world , but then chaos arrive

Chaos is the king of hell and the God of Emptiness and Confusion! He wants Tierra for himself and tries to conquer

it with the
help of the seven princes of hell, the Star family and The Savereign sisters!! He also tries to finish off miyagi

and his classmates
by sending powerful demons to attack them because of the fearsome power they possess!!

Miyagi with his classmates and Mae, embarks on an adventure to find Chaos who is responsible for Tierra's

misery!Miyagi encounters with
new friends including Captain Callan Claude, The Elders of Time and Marcus Sevenfold!

The ultimate truth was forgotten...the true identity of miyagi!

Who was he??

For psychological horror type you can pm me i give you the story

ClockHand
01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Please, use the edit button, so you don't have to double post.

happytree
01-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Yess Sorry :3

hajihatsuki
01-18-2012, 07:27 PM
okay, well first i'm gonna sketch up some stuff and in about half an hour i'll upload a male and female of all three.
@happytree- sounds like a good action fantasy story~ but before i do anything involving tons of action, i need to work on distorting perspective.

Fenn
01-18-2012, 08:27 PM
If you need a little help editing I'm pretty good with grammar and clarity issues. But only if you're looking for one.

hajihatsuki
01-18-2012, 09:20 PM
you would have ta' check in with my would be writer(s)

okay, the sketches take all night, so you'll check my gallery in the morn'in....

ClockHand
01-18-2012, 09:44 PM
open your gallery for everyone, at the moment its closed.

happytree
01-18-2012, 11:49 PM
distorting perspective ?

hajihatsuki
01-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Oh, really?! @happytree, where in most action manga, they bend the limbs/ moving objects in strange ways to add speed, a sense of tension, and when they finally clash, it makes it all the more epic. take scenes from naruto, and bleach. or better yet, watch naruto shippuden opening 1 heroes come back. the running scenes are basically distorted moving perspective.

happytree
01-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Oh okay i see ^________^

i hope i can work for you .

hajihatsuki
01-19-2012, 12:40 PM
uploaded some recent work~ and im sure i lowered my security.

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
02-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Hmm, I am wanting to get back to writing comics/manga, so I may be interested in this, but depends what you want to do with the story.

You say you want this to be a psychological horror, so dealing with inner termoil, emotions and horrific imagery, as oppose to the good old fashion slice em and dice em horrors? If so, then thats fine, but what restrictions would your style put on the writer?

Do you want the characters to only be of a certain age, so that the manga appeals to a particular age group?

What 'certificate' would you want the story to be?

Must the story be set in Japan? Location is a massive part of any story.

There are many other questions, but get back to me on these, assuming you haven't already started a project with someone else.

hajihatsuki
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Restrictions? my style is a very flexible. im always experimenting to see how i can reflect the mood of the story/ character other than by facial expressions.(which are fun in their own way~)
Hmm.. certain age, I'm best with upper teenaged characters, so i guess that would be the age group.

can you explain what you mean by 'certificate' of a story?
Hmm location.. Japan would be fun, however I live western, so I'm more familiar with England and American society/ landscape.

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Certificate is who the minimim age of the audience should be due to violence, bad language, sexual content etc. Like how movies in the UK are PG, 12, 15, 18.

If you are looking for a random writer t write you a story, then you need to be interested in the story they are writing, otherwise the whole thing falls down. If you could, sum up in a paragraph a story that you have considered writin so I can get an idea of what exact genre you are aiming for.

hajihatsuki
02-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Hmm, I dont know about the certificate, id say about 14+? although, i should admit rating warnings dont work.( and some they should. *angry face*)
and for a paragraph story..... Shira lives her life as normal as possible, ever after her parents died in a mysterious accident. She has a crush on the "smart" kid in class, but is too shy to admit it. however, after the forest bordering the side of her home city is beginning to be cut down, there has been strange attacks on the people. they have been found in their home, throats torn out. Shira sees the news reports,and they unlock strange memories of blood, fear, and hunger. as she struggles to figure out herself, her life is falling to ruin as slowly all the people close to her either reject her, or are killed. Shawn, is a student. he goes to the same school as Shiva, and watches as she starts to deteriorate. concerned, he follows her to her house, to see a gruesome transformation. He restrains her, and brings her back to her senses and she turns back. in the end, shiva belonged to a acient line of shapeshifters, and she is a panther. she understands herself, and Shawn is now going to take her away from the city, the home of her pain.

this is one of my ideas, but i hope you like it~

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
02-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Hmm, it needs some work, but thats not a bad synopsis. Thanks for that, that gives me a better idea of what you are comfortable drawing. Normally when I have written comic scripts I aim at 18+ content, but it would be nice to have a change, I suppose.

Ok, if you want me to write you a script, I'll do it. I have to think of story first, but that won't take too long. i start a new job tomorrow, so I'm not sure when I will send it over, but I will send over the first 5 pages. I will write it in script format, if you are unfamilar with that format let me know and I'll explain the abbreviations and all.

hajihatsuki
02-09-2012, 03:47 PM
if you want to do 18+ im fine with that, I just dont get into super super perverted stuff found in mature books. blood and gore, i can do.
and dont worry bout how long, cause im slow. i can read script~

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
02-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Ok, thats great. I'll write out a few pages (maybe not 5, im a bit busy) at first, then you let me know when you're done. I havent decided on a plot yet, so if you want, i can PM you the plots I have in mind and you tell me which one you would prefer to draw. I'll do that as soon as I can. I'm ill at the moment, so I'll do it sometime when I'm better.

hajihatsuki
02-11-2012, 07:33 PM
okay, im looking forward to them! hope you get better!

hajihatsuki
03-09-2012, 05:27 PM
....?

Rubisko
03-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Edit: haha, I've just come home from a 5 hour examination, and it shows. I replied to the post above as if it were the op :D,
sorry for the spam, I think I'm gonna have a nap before I do anything else today...