PDA

View Full Version : Kibou's Sketches

Kibou
01-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Hi everyone, this is my first time attempting anime sketching. Please advise :D

Done using mechanical pencil

http://i.imgur.com/1ohCA.jpg

I know the ear is werid haha xD
Any kind soul can tell me which pencil for hair too? Thanks!!!

UPDATE:06 FEB 2012

http://i.imgur.com/yYbJv.jpg

IT's so hard to draw the hair xD

Sylux
01-03-2012, 03:45 AM
That's actually not bad it's similar to how I and many Western comic artists draw our ears

Kenzieroo
01-03-2012, 04:02 AM
I can't help you with hair, but ticonderoga pencils are my first pick in drawing.
Mechanical pencils just don't let you do different strokes.

jaidurn
01-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Honestly, that ear is lookin' pretty okay. If you really want to know what pencils work best, just use your average everyday 02 pencil. They work great and you don't have to look to hard to find them.

I hope to see you posting more around here!

Celestial-Fox
01-07-2012, 01:47 AM
What stands out to me in your work is that everything seems grounded in an understanding of the body in a 3D plane. The torso is great. I would just suggest to make the trapezius muscles a little more pronounced (that is, make the slope between the neck and shoulders more \ shaped than L-shaped) and watching out next time for the size of the head. In this sketch, it's a little big. But I understand that you're fairly far in, and it'd ne a nuisance to change it at the stage it's currently in. C:

shadow_falling
01-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Man, I wish I started out that good... Would have saved me sooo much trial and error... Great work, keep it up.

Sylux
01-08-2012, 11:48 AM
So... will post again, yes?

Kibou
01-14-2012, 04:36 AM
So... will post again, yes?

Definitely, all you guys have given me valuable feedback :D

And seriously, thank you everyone for your feedback.

Kibou
02-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Updated bump :D

Mr_Liebe
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Just wait until you get to hands, scheisse, ha ha ha.

Anyways, very nice beginning. After you're done, it'd be nice if you darkened the lines a bit, this is just an opinion, other people may think otherwise. Work a bit more on expressions, and the face, and some of the other details. So far, so good, though.