PDA

View Full Version : Improve Your Writing Skills

angel_dreamer13
12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
ummm.... if no one minds, I'd like to start this up again ^-^
I think the last person to post a story was pencil.

brain132
12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Actually I'd like to keep this thread in the older forum. Makes things easier. Unless you have any objections?

jaidurn
12-01-2010, 07:30 PM
It'd be cool if we got two going.

angel_dreamer13
12-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I thought rio was deleting the old forum though.
....ugh, I'm so confused. /hatechangehatechange

brain132
12-02-2010, 06:22 PM
jaidurn: By 2 do you mean with different people?
angel_dreamer: yeah I thought the same at first.

jaidurn
12-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah. It might help. And then the rounds might go faster if some people stay on the old site and some on the new site.

brain132
12-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Thats actually a good idea. Though most of everyone is staying on the old forum. If we get enough people on this one, then we'll make this a second one. So who ever is willing to do this thread on the new site, post and say so (or we could have new people if anyone else wants to join of course).

jaidurn
12-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Is it possible for me to do it on both?

brain132
12-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Sure. Do you want to write a short story on both or just crit on both and write in one of them?

Edit: Actually, I just got the idea that we could make a second thread of this on the old one. So unless you have another reason to have it on this new one, it would probably be easier to just have it on the old one. What do you think?

angel_dreamer13
12-03-2010, 09:02 PM
idc but I want to post another story. like, now. I don wanna waite. /impatient

jaidurn
12-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't mind posting different Stories in each one.

Either way works for me.

brain132
12-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Alrighty then. I'll make a second one on the old forum and I'll make sure to make you first on it angel_dreamer.

Fenn
12-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd like to join!

brain132
12-13-2010, 08:33 PM
I thought you were already in it...?

Fenn
12-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I thought you were already in it...?

Nope I asked to join on the old forum, and a week later the new site came up.

brain132
12-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Oh. So do you not use the older one anymore? I wondered why you never commented on my prologue. I posted some more in it.

Fenn
12-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh. So do you not use the older one anymore? I wondered why you never commented on my prologue. I posted some more in it.

Honestly I'm not sure how to get onto it. I'd be happy to continue reading.

I'd prefer to just participate in this thread on the new site though.

brain132
12-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Here's the link if you want to look at it.
http://www.mangatutorials.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1657
I might move it to this website. I'm not getting much in the old one.
And with the many people joining the Improve your writing thread, I think I'll make a third one on this website. I'll just need someone to volunteer to run It.
So if anyone is willing then please let me know.

Fenn
12-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Here's the link if you want to look at it.
http://www.mangatutorials.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1657
I might move it to this website. I'm not getting much in the old one.
And with the many people joining the Improve your writing thread, I think I'll make a third one on this website. I'll just need someone to volunteer to run It.
So if anyone is willing then please let me know.

If all it entails it keeping a list and telling people when to write, I'll do it.

brain132
12-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Yup. Thats all that there is. And when one person is going, then send a pm to the next person to give them a heads up that its their turn next.

Here's the list so far:
1.Angel
2.jaidurn
3.Fenn

I'll check on the old website for anyone else who wants to do this one. I'll make a different thread then we'll start.

Fenn
12-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Yup. Thats all that there is. And when one person is going, then send a pm to the next person to give them a heads up that its their turn next.

Here's the list so far:
1.Angel
2.jaidurn
3.Fenn

I'll check on the old website for anyone else who wants to do this one. I'll make a different thread then we'll start.

K. Should I start a new thread and delete this one, or just continue from here? If we're going to continue on this thread I'd recommend editing the title to say that it starts on page 2.

Also what are the basic instructions in case someone asks? And how long do I give each person to post?

brain132
12-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Start on a new thread.

Once we enough members, I'll assign someone to write a short story of your own creation, and post it. The other members and I will crit and show where or how you could change something. We will go into a complete circle until everyone has posted their own short story. Then after everyone has had their turn, the first person who posted theirs will post their story again. But this time with corrections or added stuff put in it, to see how far they came from their first attempt. If there is more to crit, then they will post it later again, after everyone else, and see how better its getting. Or if you would rather, you can just post a different story. If you have a short story ready, and it hasn't been your turn to post yet, then pm me. I'll make sure to get you next.
This is a great exercise to see what other people think will make your writing better, and even to crit someone else. You might notice something that you yourself need to also work on.

These are the rules so just post it at the begging of the new thread.

I never really had a specific time. I guess it could be 2 days once its their turn. If they don't post in that time then move on to the next person.