PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with eyes and hair + profiles :/

MysticPerl
12-31-2011, 11:56 AM
All right, so I really need to find some tutorials about eyes and hair. I really struggle drawing those. I also have a hard time drawing profiles. I use references but it doesn't seem to help that much. I'll keep practicing on my own but any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Hamachi
12-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Step 1: Learn and memorize proportions
Step 2: Draw real people from real life
Step 3: Start building your own heads at different angles

You do not, I repeat, you do not want to miss steps 1 and 2. Placement is key to facial features - so much so that you can build a good face with a few simple marks if you know placement.

EDIT: Also, use real people for study reference. A picture screws with your depth perception because it's 2D.

Rio
01-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Have you checked the tutorials here at the site? (http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/tutorials-simple-list/)

Other than that, Hamachi pretty much nailed it on the head. If anything, start simple. Just draw simple circles/ovals and dots and lines so you can get the placement of facial features down pat. From there, get more detailed and add more to the face (i.e. draw an actual eye instead of a dot) without forgetting the basic placement. And last but not least, practice makes perfect!