PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin's Creed Series Thread

deadpool6365
12-27-2011, 01:07 AM
I just realised there wasn't a thread for this great series. I love the current storyline which was well thought and in my perspective a good one at that. Hardly do I feel for characters in the game and what Ubisoft has done with Ezio's story is brilliant. You see through his life from an angsty teenager to a master assassin in search of answers in foreign lands.

I also love the way they told Altair's last moments in life in Revelations. I was sad when that happened and at the same time it just felt right.

Also the soundtrack for AC always seem to be in the right tone for the right moments and that impacts the gameplay experience even more.

I don't know about any of you but I would love to hear more thoughts and opinions from others in MT. :D

GunZet
12-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Well I know one person in particular who would trip balls, being an uber fan of the series.
I myself find it pretty damn awesome, hell, close to perfect.
I love the storyline, and pretty much all the characters. Although I don't quite understand why Shaun is a mega douche to Desmond at the beginning of ACII...guess he's just a natural mega douche.

Anyways, I've yet to play AC:R, it'll have to wait, lol.

deadpool6365
12-27-2011, 11:10 PM
I think that they need a douche like Shaun to make the story seem more dynamic. Most games that attempt this usually end up making the character annoying/unwanted and just more like cannon fodder. In ACII, I find this isn't the case. The way they portray Shaun just fits his character and just makes him even more memorable with the rest of the characters aside from Desmond. :)

Fenn
12-28-2011, 03:04 PM
The soundtrack is definitely awesome. The games too. I've never finished any of them, but I don't need to; they're just so much fun as sandbox games.

The only thing I never liked was how much health Ezio could get. I bought almost no armor for him in Brotherhood and I enjoyed it more as a result.

GunZet
12-28-2011, 04:15 PM
But-but it makes you look cool.

Fenn
12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
But-but it makes you look cool.

Which would be great if it didn't turn me into a General from Fire Emblem.

Evil_Cake
12-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I played the first game and didnt like it... played some of the 2nd one and it seemed way better

Fenn
12-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I played the first game and didnt like it... played some of the 2nd one and it seemed way better

Never played the first but heard it was too repetitive, which was fixed in the second.

jubeh
12-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I like the first one a lot but extremely disliked the second one so I never played the others.

GunZet
12-28-2011, 10:57 PM
ACII is the shit. Even though some of the puzzles kick my ass hours on end.

T1B3R1U5
12-30-2011, 03:30 PM
There is nothing like playing an action/adventure with puzzle interactions. It took me hours on end to figure out the bits and pieces from ACII, and I just started to play Revelations. I'm enjoying the gameplay so far. The first one, yeah it was repetitive, but after ACII I played all the others. The game itself is fun, it's additicing. And sometimes you'll catch yourself going, "Yeah, my blade is sticking out of your back! What now, Huh?!" or "Opps, was that your spine?" or some other crazy thing from the rush you get from "I gotta stab this guy in the back, I gotta do this and that." and it's fun.

Fenn
12-30-2011, 03:43 PM
ONe other thing that irked me was that the crossbow made things so easy. Without it the difficulty becomes more suitable to a game about an assassin.

deadpool6365
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
ONe other thing that irked me was that the crossbow made things so easy. Without it the difficulty becomes more suitable to a game about an assassin.

I have to disagree on that. Yes, it makes assassination seem more watered down, but when you think of it in terms of story, the assassins need to find better means of improving their skills and tools to rid of the templar movement. They do need to get with the times in a way. A crossbow is fitting in this case maybe but not properly thought out in terms of assassination/utilisation.

Anyways, some targets are not easily killed with a crossbow in Revelations so in a way, they made it a bit more harder in that sense. I know how it was in Brotherhood with the one-shot kill from a crossbow. Now that got a bit repetitive. :)

Evil_Cake
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
is ur character ever hopped up on drugs

Superdooperphailmachine
01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
I never bothered with a crossbow, I generally stab people with the knife of beat them up with their own sword.

T1B3R1U5
01-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't even bother with the crossbow. I bought the damn thing and don't even use it. It just looks cool holstered on Ezio's shoulder. That's all I know or even want to care with that thing. I prefer close quarter combat using the blades or swords available. Anyone get into fights with 20-30 guards at a time and survive? I have, and I know it's easy if you know what you are doing.

How easy did you guys think getting the Master Assassin armor was?

ClockHand
01-06-2012, 02:50 PM
A little related to the crossbow subject. I never liked the combat in Assassin Creed, it was very blunt, picking weapons was annoying some times and enemies fight more like trying to survive than trying to kill you. Also because I don't like how some weapons are used.

But, the game is about assassins, not warriors or knights, so I think it was something to expect.

GunZet
01-06-2012, 04:20 PM
The only thing I could say I really hated was the fact that it was so easy to slip up and assassinate someone you never intended to. Can't tell you how many times I've just wanted to say hi to someone, and end up sticking my hidden blades in their face.

ClockHand
01-06-2012, 04:22 PM
just like in real life.

T1B3R1U5
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Well you could....you know...take off the hidden blades off your wrist before you say "hi"...or you could just practice your aiming skills? xD just joshin' ya, Gunz.

jubeh
01-06-2012, 04:37 PM
A little related to the crossbow subject. I never liked the combat in Assassin Creed, it was very blunt, picking weapons was annoying some times and enemies fight more like trying to survive than trying to kill you. Also because I don't like how some weapons are used.

But, the game is about assassins, not warriors or knights, so I think it was something to expect.

I hated that the asscreed games had sword fights and stuff. What should have been a fail condition always ended up being more fun than sneaking around at some points.

GunZet
01-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Maaan, sometimes I forget which weapon I have equipped lol. Like those guys that come up to you with their (banjo things?) I just usually take out my sword and make em run away, or punch them. But sometimes I don't realize I have my blades up, and then they die a horrible death :C

T1B3R1U5
01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't think there has ever been a person who hasn't done that Gunz. I know I have on a few occasions

Can you spare a coin for an old lady? Can you? Can you? *Speaks too fast to understand* Assassin:*speaks boredly* No,no,no, ARGH!!! NO MEANS NO, DONT CHU GET IT!? *Punches the old lady, who dies from it* Guards come along...Guard*points at the assassin*: Hey, why aren't you praying? You must be the killer. Assassin: Dammit! *Runs up to a roof and does a leap of faith to land in a haystack full of rocks*

Emi_Higurashi
01-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Dude that's just funny. But mean. I however usually get the guards pissed off enough to chaseme half the time and watch on the sidelines as I get all my men to go at them, other times I just go into sneak attacks. My brother is always complaining about how I'm "Always doing it wrong" lol but any ideas how to get past the LVL15 on AC: Brotherhood ?

Celestial-Fox
01-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah, the second was far better than the first.

T1B3R1U5
01-06-2012, 06:17 PM
@Emi
I don't really remember that level....Fuck. :C why can't I remember this shizz when it's important, but I can remember it when I don't want to use that info.

Celestial-Fox
01-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I like how random my post was because I forgot to click Next Page. /facepalm

T1B3R1U5
01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
V---There is nothing wrong with being random xD

Emi_Higurashi
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM
@T1B3R1U5
Man, You suck XD Oh well, I'll just get my brother to help me, knowing he's going to boast about it, I may as well admit he's smart in defeat. Even though I know how to pass all the Alce: Madness Returns levels. lol
@Celestial-Fox
I agree With Tiberius >w> Only knowing why is, We both are random and we do happen to make other people who are considered random and uncertain more normal. xD

deadpool6365
01-09-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I think the story is either becoming more interesting, or just something similiar in situation as Lost. I'm afraid it might be going with the latter. :/ What do you guys think? Where do you think Ubi would head with this now that Ezio's & Altair's story ends in Revelations?

GunZet
01-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Focus on the modern day assassins? *shrugs*

ClockHand
01-10-2012, 12:15 AM
I think UbiSoft is just trying to stretch the story the most they can to sell more games.

jubeh
01-10-2012, 12:22 AM
I think UbiSoft is just trying to stretch the story the most they can to sell more games.

http://www.damnlag.com/assassins-creed-revelations-review-watching-a-series-turn-into-a-product-line/

ClockHand
01-10-2012, 12:47 AM
http://www.damnlag.com/assassins-creed-revelations-review-watching-a-series-turn-into-a-product-line/

He said it perfectly =,)

But yeah, dunno, I feel like ubisoft is hungry, but I wouldn't say is that hungry (i hope its not).

Fenn
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Jumping in late, but I feel like a modified version of the AC:B combat system would work perfectly in an actual swordfigthing game. The changes would have to include more options to get around counterattacks as well as more than one "attack" button, but on the whole it could work really well in, say, a pirate game.

Actually whenever I found myself fighting in the open in AC 2&3 I felt like a pirate. Long curved sword, lots of dodging and parrying, a loud, obnoxious hidden pistol, a dagger, and smoke bombs? I call pirate.

ClockHand
01-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I think its impossible to do a realistic sword fighting game mechanic. There are so many things to take in consideration.

Fenn
01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I think its impossible to do a realistic sword fighting game mechanic. There are so many things to take in consideration.

Exactly. It's even harder with martial arts, by the way. Which is why Assassin's Creed's mechanic was pretty impressive to me: at least I felt some sort of immersion in the concept.

ClockHand
01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Dunno, I think Demon's Souls and Dark Souls did a way better job with combat (one of the greatest sword fighting combat mechanic ever).

deadpool6365
01-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Dunno, I think Demon's Souls and Dark Souls did a way better job with combat (one of the greatest sword fighting combat mechanic ever).

I understand that those two games are considered "old school hardcore" but I doubt they did good with the sword fighting mechanic. I got somewhat frustrated halfway with Demon Souls and decided to stop playing it. :/

ClockHand
01-12-2012, 02:37 AM
I understand that those two games are considered "old school hardcore" but I doubt they did good with the sword fighting mechanic. I got somewhat frustrated halfway with Demon Souls and decided to stop playing it. :/

I don't understand the concept of "old school hardcore", so please, explain.

I think it has one of the most tied mechanics of this gen of consoles. Your sword clash against walls, and against different shields the clash is also different, you feel that each sword has a different weight/attack speed, also weapons have properties in their attacks (not just bleed or poison, but stun lock and quick recovery which can mean a quick escape after attacks), mixed this with the properties of different weight capability and poise it make the decision to chose armor and sword a interesting mix. You also have the ability to use sword with both hands, which change the type of attacks (and different armors have different resistance to different type of attacks), and man I could just keep pointing all the amazing stuffs they did in the combat mechanic and why is so deep, but the mater of things, you need to play it to understand.

Well if you got frustrated thats mean the game defeated you.

PD: Also movement, the game is quiet smart about movement of your character, the "footing", which is what I think the hardest part to make.

GunZet
01-12-2012, 03:26 AM
The time it takes to find a match in Brotherhood is complete, and utter, BS.

Fenn
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
The time it takes to find a match in Brotherhood is complete, and utter, BS.

YES. Major turn off for the mode.

deadpool6365
01-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't understand the concept of "old school hardcore", so please, explain.

I think it has one of the most tied mechanics of this gen of consoles. Your sword clash against walls, and against different shields the clash is also different, you feel that each sword has a different weight/attack speed, also weapons have properties in their attacks (not just bleed or poison, but stun lock and quick recovery which can mean a quick escape after attacks), mixed this with the properties of different weight capability and poise it make the decision to chose armor and sword a interesting mix. You also have the ability to use sword with both hands, which change the type of attacks (and different armors have different resistance to different type of attacks), and man I could just keep pointing all the amazing stuffs they did in the combat mechanic and why is so deep, but the mater of things, you need to play it to understand.

Well if you got frustrated thats mean the game defeated you.

PD: Also movement, the game is quiet smart about movement of your character, the "footing", which is what I think the hardest part to make.

I guess you're right. I'm a man with a thin line of patience. It's either "gogogo" or the shelf. :/ I know that's sad but I'm not cut out for games like these. Sorry if you think that's pathetic.

Oh and when I said "old school hardcore" I meant like classic RPGs that are similiar to this. I can't recall the ones I played before, but there are. Just can't really pinpoint it now. It's all vague. :/

ClockHand
01-14-2012, 02:17 PM
I guess you're right. I'm a man with a thin line of patience. It's either "gogogo" or the shelf. :/ I know that's sad but I'm not cut out for games like these. Sorry if you think that's pathetic.

I didn't said it was sad or pathetic, but you did. The game is hard and doesn't appeal to everything, its like me trying to make you like chess, when you clearly don't have the patient for it.

Oh and when I said "old school hardcore" I meant like classic RPGs that are similiar to this. I can't recall the ones I played before, but there are. Just can't really pinpoint it now. It's all vague. :/

I still don't understand this.

PD: something interesting, every character on the game that likes you are going to tell you "please don't go hollow", in a way going hollow (the final moment as a undead where you lose your mind) is similar to rant about the game and drop it.

deadpool6365
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I still don't understand this.

PD: something interesting, every character on the game that likes you are going to tell you "please don't go hollow", in a way going hollow (the final moment as a undead where you lose your mind) is similar to rant about the game and drop it.

So you want me to be specific? Ok like I said, games that incoperate RPG elements, more particularly JRPG elements like increasing skill points in stats, skills, grinding... Games like Dragon Age, Fallout 3 in my opinion, comes to mind. I just can't take the time to do all these.... Maybe some people like the concept but it's not for me.

jubeh
01-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I dont want to be that guy but stats and skills and shit came way before jrpgs existed.

ClockHand
01-15-2012, 09:15 PM
It come from before video games existed lol. Also, stats and skills are not what made RPG, by definition RPG is Role-Playing Gamer which come from old rpg books, like DnD. They have been notorious for using stats and skills, but the actual core of its mechanic is Role-Playing, which mean interpretation a character. This concept is quiet hard to put on Video Games to make a delimitation, because in which point are you doing role-play or not.

deadpool6365
01-16-2012, 08:47 PM
I dont want to be that guy but stats and skills and shit came way before jrpgs existed.

Whoops. I didn't know that. :/ Honestly, I thought DnD was just some dice and cardboard going on a quest which DOESN'T involve skills/stats buildup. :/

It come from before video games existed lol. Also, stats and skills are not what made RPG, by definition RPG is Role-Playing Gamer which come from old rpg books, like DnD. They have been notorious for using stats and skills, but the actual core of its mechanic is Role-Playing, which mean interpretation a character. This concept is quiet hard to put on Video Games to make a delimitation, because in which point are you doing role-play or not.

Like the latter, I was ignorant of the fact that it originated from old RPG books. Even at this age, I never really gotten into DnD and their history. I heard of Warhammer 20k and the lot but I don't think they involved skill/stats building? Whatever the case, thanks you guys for clearing it up.

Anyways, let's get back on topic with Assassin's Creed. I think it's gotten a bit sidetracked. :)

GunZet
01-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Sometimes I wish ACII had the option to just walk and fall off of shit. Far too many times have I gotten stuck looking down off a ledge that I just wanted to walk off of, onto a balcony. So I either climb down off of it which irritates me, or try and jump, and seeing as though Ezio only knows how to propel himself off stuff like a rocket, I go flying to the next building, or the ground. Ugh.

ClockHand
01-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Warhammer 40k is actually in a different kind of role playing than DnD, because in this case is about war, which involve many other stats (it simplify the individual stats, but it makes more complex the collective or environmental activities)

jubeh
01-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Drop the rpg stuff he can learn on his own. Talk about asscreed.

deadpool6365
01-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Sometimes I wish ACII had the option to just walk and fall off of shit. Far too many times have I gotten stuck looking down off a ledge that I just wanted to walk off of, onto a balcony. So I either climb down off of it which irritates me, or try and jump, and seeing as though Ezio only knows how to propel himself off stuff like a rocket, I go flying to the next building, or the ground. Ugh.

Yeah, I realised that happens sometimes. The controls sometimes get a bit clunky and sorta ruined the immersion of the game. I remembered I wanted to jump to another rooftop and I ended up jumping down to my death instead (don't ask what happened. It just did. :( ) I hope Ubisoft would improve that on ACIII at least.

Fenn
01-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah have a quick-drop or something so I can fall immediately. Also some way to control how far I jump horizontally. I hate trying to jump to a lower roof and instead to a super jump all the way to the ground (and my death).

deadpool6365
01-17-2012, 11:28 PM
So basically things Ubisoft needs to improve on ACIII:

- New ways of gameplay interaction (enemies, environments, etc).

- Better "maneuverability" with the controls.

- Avoid a story that seems pointless in any direction other than being a moneypot (It's starting to look that way).

It's definitely time. Revelations way fun, but it seems they are just repeating the ideas of Brotherhood and nothing much has actually improved other than bomb crafting.

GunZet
01-18-2012, 02:54 AM
Yea, but MORE attention towards the maneuverability than anything else, I'd say.

jaidurn
01-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Yeah, the maneuverability is a huge part of why I play.

ClockHand
01-18-2012, 03:12 AM
I bet the next AC is going to have a new implement (like the hook in ACIII) and that's all.

jaidurn
01-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Hey, it could be like MW2.5 and have nothing new.

ClockHand
01-18-2012, 03:25 AM
yeah it could, but I believe in Ubisoft, I believe they can do a almost unperceptive and unnecessary change in their games.

jaidurn
01-18-2012, 03:26 AM
I dunno, they made the just dance games and they're pretty bad.

deadpool6365
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM

Wait, they made that? Oh no, what if they implemented that into the game mechanics? Assassinating someone with awkward spazzy dance moves. GAME IS RUIINNNNEEDDDD!!!

.... Kidding aside, I'm pretty sure they'll take precautions in new implementations of gameplay. Knowing that AC is currently their one and only crown jewel, I think they will take care to not ruin it.

GunZet
01-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Nahhh man, they got nearly the whole Tom Clancy series to counter the Just Dance stuff.

Fenn
01-19-2012, 11:07 AM
They also made the Raving Rabbids. Say what you want about the games, those villanous bunnies are the best.

T1B3R1U5
01-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Knowing that AC is currently their one and only crown jewel, I think they will take care to not ruin it.

^--not saying that this is bad, but the Tom Clancy series is another of theirs as well. Oh anyone else looking forward to Rainbow 6: Patriots?

Delphinus
01-22-2012, 06:40 PM

hardcore gamer hates on casual game itt

T1B3R1U5
01-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Casual gamers hate hardcore gamers and Vice Versa. Or that's what I've seen so far O.o

jubeh
01-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Wat

T1B3R1U5
01-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Um, I just said that casual gamers hate hardcore gamers and that it goes both ways. O.o I still dunno how it works out though.

jubeh
01-24-2012, 04:34 PM
So anyone that plays games has somebody they hate

T1B3R1U5
01-24-2012, 04:50 PM
OK so lets get this straight, There are those who play games all the fucking time and seem like they got nothing better to do (My mom as an example, shes 27 or 28). And then there are those who play games every now and then but are good at playing them during the time they play. And I think you're just being sarcastic, Jubeh xD

jaidurn
01-24-2012, 10:13 PM
th

hey hey hey jai lemme in this thread
okay here ahem
I play vidya gaems all da tiem. Huwoover, I am a tolerant man and believe in peace and equality for all. also DDR is kinda okay

T1B3R1U5
01-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Strange way of putting it but...yeah thats about it
l
l
l
v

deadpool6365
01-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Mind sticking back to the topic guys? I know that it's normal to go out of topic, but the few posts are mostly about "casual vs. hardcore' and not AC. I know I sound like a dick but I just want to this thread to be dedicated to a fantastic albeit currently questionable series (storyline and current gameplay in particular). Thanks guys. :)

T1B3R1U5
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Sorry about that Deadpool. The series itself in question (AC), is fantastic. Many agree and other disagree but the only thing I hate worse than crappy controls or other things that just get in the way is Cliffhanger endings. Finished revelations expecting to have the ending and then yet again: "whoopdefuckingdo" another cliffhanger.

GunZet
01-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I want more info on the damned 'ones who came before'. That's pretty interesting to me. Wonder if that's all in the AC bible or whatever it's call. AC encyclopedia?

T1B3R1U5
01-27-2012, 02:35 PM
They explain very little of them until near the end of AC:REV, but you still have questions about even when they do explain them. It would be nice to see what they'll come up with next.

deadpool6365
02-10-2012, 06:56 AM
I think it would be great that they start something new and fresh. I don't know, maybe most of you can disagree, but I feel the AC franchise is getting a bit sterile with gameplay. I think they need a new prespective now before repetition (though it's already somewhat there now) gets the better of them.

T1B3R1U5
02-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I do agree with that. Tends to be overly used. Repetition is a downfall of a game. Take the GoW series for example (the games just got worse as they went on. Gameplay was exciting for awhile, but got less and less interesting as time went on.)

jubeh
02-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Repetition is a downfall of a game.

Repetition is the foundation for most games and most anything that requires time and practice to learn so this is a pretty outrageous statement to me.

Edit: to be clear what you should have stated is that lack of variety is bad in some games.

T1B3R1U5
02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes, I should have stated that and that is also what I meant. Thanks for that jubeh.

deadpool6365
02-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Repetition is the foundation for most games and most anything that requires time and practice to learn so this is a pretty outrageous statement to me.

Edit: to be clear what you should have stated is that lack of variety is bad in some games.

I guess I have to reiterate my statement. XD What I mean is the lack of innovation in the current mechanics. For example,there's barely any difference between Brotherhood and Revelations albeit the latter having slight improvements in multiplayer. The campaign seems a bit lacking in my opinion as the weaponisation and combat feels pretty much the same. Free running feels recycled though I'm pretty sure they could have done better if they try, but I guess they think it's perfect (it's not).

Believe me, I love the AC series alot. It's just that the latest installment felt like a cash cow instead of actually giving us more. :/ I don't want to see this series being run down to the ground like Guitar Hero or some EA and 2k sport games.

ClockHand
02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
I might going to say something outrageous, offensive or out of reality, but fuck you.

Then every Megaman after the first should be boring and annoying. They follow the same idea (intro stage > chose boss stage > defeat boss > repeat), the concept is the same (you die in stages to lost your last life against a unfair boss fight) and the gameplay is the same (jump and shoot man). But why is still fun to play Megaman?

Basically because Megaman is a game about challenging stages and unfair bosses (unfair if you don't get his weakness and you are with low hp), the game keeps this core and provide "unique" challenges in each new stage. It doesn't mater that the game mechanic is the same or that the concept is just a repetition. What matters is that in each new stage you feel a new and different challenge, one where you must get better to accomplish.

In counter part, why in AC this doesn't happens? Basically because the game doesn't provide a "new challenge", quiet the opposite, the game provide the same challenges with the same mechanic and concept. The challenge in AC is climbing walls and jumping, which are mapped, and you don't have to think too much on those. When there is a enemy, you already know if he is strong, weak, agil, etc, the game doesn't hides anything to you. And the game is using the story as a excuse to keep making the same game without real changes.

AC, Uncharted, God of War, and others, are the examples of deviated games. They are trying to hard to be something between games and movies, but they forget their are game first.

deadpool6365
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't think it's outrageous at all,it's your opinion afterall Clockhand. :) You were making a point based on experience on another game's mechanics in order to contrast between what is a good improvement in a game that utilises repetition (Megaman/Rockman) and a game that uses petty gimmicks in order to avoid improving gameplay (Assassin's Creed). I think this is a fair point considering that's what Ubisoft seems to have in mind about this series now sadly. :/

ClockHand
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
New AC for 30 of october (I believe, or it was august) of this year.

This reinforce my belief of ubisoft.

jubeh
02-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Believe me, I love the AC series alot. It's just that the latest installment felt like a cash cow instead of actually giving us more. :/ I don't want to see this series being run down to the ground like Guitar Hero or some EA and 2k sport games.

With the exception of the second game, they were all "cash cows."

Ubi wants you to spend 60 bucks a year on their games.

deadpool6365
02-16-2012, 01:31 AM
New AC for 30 of october (I believe, or it was august) of this year.

This reinforce my belief of ubisoft.

Indeed. Sadly it's turning out what most of us would have expected. :/ It would be a miracle if it turns out better than expected but that's more of a distant dream that actual reality.

With the exception of the second game, they were all "cash cows."

Ubi wants you to spend 60 bucks a year on their games.

I didn't buy the first one as I borrowed it from my best bud. Well, it's normal for an "evil" money sucking game cooperation to take the peoples money by overexploiting their "best" products. It's expected. Meh. MAI 120 BUCKS! NOOEESSS!!! (BC and RV)

deadpool6365
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Looks like shit just got serious:

Assassin's Creed III Main Character Revealed (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html)

T1B3R1U5
03-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Well shizz, time to make sure they dont get my cash. *Hides a stack of 100's in a small safe in my closet*

GunZet
03-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Hmmm, do not know if want, or do not want.

T1B3R1U5
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I want. But when they release it or if they release (Not trying to start a rumor by my words), imma wait until it's at an affordable price.

Celestial-Fox
03-01-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm sad about te setting of the upcoming game, because it's a bit of a jump historically from he other games. I liked the timeline jumps between the older games, but this one seems oddly drastic for the series.

T1B3R1U5
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Teh bastards are takin' a bold step, aye?

GunZet
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
It only seems as drastic as it is, cause they've stuck with one character for 3 games over the course of his life. The first time they switched from Altair to Ezio, nobody really cared.

Sylux
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
If they make it bleak and depressing then I will not buy. If they essentially do another ACII I shall purchase.

GunZet
03-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I wanna see ACII with a bit of Brotherhood, mixed with better and more responsive parkour movements. And none of that looking over the edge bs.

Sylux
03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Teh bastards are takin' a bold step, aye?

Bastard isn't really accurate, it's more like bastardo

deadpool6365
03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Well, they're going to the American Revolution is seems. I don't think they'll be anymore language "spitting" anymore. It's either just plain American and Red Indian, the latter being not sure as I've never heard any before but would love to know.

Oh yeah, and here's some cover shots from their FB page. Not sure if you guys can see it though....

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/a3.sphotos.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/424345_10150594455928068_6119163067_9103072_507973 165_n.jpg

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/a5.sphotos.ak/hphotos-ak-snc7/424345_10150594455933068_6119163067_9103073_103592 329_n.jpg

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/a8.sphotos.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/424345_10150594455938068_6119163067_9103074_170451 1617_n.jpg

GunZet
03-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Tomahawks. I'm sold.

jubeh
03-01-2012, 10:39 PM
This is all we talked about at work today. I hope nothing stupid happens like you assassinate alexander hamilton during the duel or something.

Sylux
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Hahaha I will take that footage to APUSH class

Celestial-Fox
03-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Hahaha I will take that footage to APUSH class
DO IT.

Now I'm hoping they dropkick Hamilton. Just saying.

GunZet
03-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Hammy won't be happy. Not. One. Bit.

Celestial-Fox
03-02-2012, 07:45 AM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m089wndJ9T1qg8sseo2_500.png

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m07iz9OZkK1qampuq.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0956w8oag1qc5mrj.jpg

GunZet
03-02-2012, 11:36 AM
From what I'm hearing everywhere, half the human population thinks that the game is going to suck simply for the fact that it's set in America this round. Then they proceed to compare it to CoD.

deadpool6365
03-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Well, we all can't justify things until something evident comes up (pics, gameplay footage, etc.) In my opinion, I think they may have to switch how they do things around this time with the tower lookout/synchronisation thing. I don't think there's tall buildings in the American Revolution from what I've gathered. I may be wrong though. :/

Oh and on a side note, funny pics there Celest. XD You made them yourself?