PDA

View Full Version : What would make a good Zombie Apocalypse care package?

Hamachi
12-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I've thought of this and figured it would be a totally cool, perhaps fictional, but extremely interesting kit to assemble.

It should contain nice stuff, but not too much to weigh down a running, climbing, or swimming person. For obvious reasons.

This also has nothing to do with Christmas.

Some items I've thought of:

Backpack
Crowbar
Knife
Hand Axe
Antibiotics
Antiseptics
Antidepressants
Vitamins
Cloth strips
Soap
Toothbrush+toothpaste
Rope
Utility belt
Hardtack
Beef Jerky
Can Opener
Sports Water bottle w/water
Lighter
Map
Compass
Grenade

GunZet
12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Backpack
Cans of pork and beans
flashlight
AA12
AA12 cartridges
iPod with nothing but apocalypse themed music on it
Knife
Large pistol with one bullet

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Backpack (useful)
Crowbar (useless)
Knife (useless)
Hand Axe (possible useful, but functional problems)
Antibiotics (useful)
Antiseptics (useful)
Antidepressants (dunno)
Vitamins (wat?)
Cloth strips (aren't you using right now?)
Soap (ja)
Toothbrush+toothpaste (the end of the world and carrying about hygiene)
Rope (useful)
Utility belt (already a back pack)
Hardtack (no idea what is this)
Beef Jerky (just food supplies)
Can Opener (don't you have a hand axe?)
Sports Water bottle w/water (useful)
Lighter (useful)
Map (depend)
Compass (useful)
Grenade (useless)

I would use a better hand weapon, a hand axe is pretty useless against a human skull (yes you can hit it and the person will die, but it will probably get stuck). A kukiri is a better weapon (weapon used to decapitate cows).

jubeh
12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Toilet paper
Sleeping bag

Sylux
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Honestly a few of these babies (http://www.standingbearstudios.com/images/war-clubs/Osage-Indian-war-club.jpg) would make sense, too

Hell_Baron
12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
is that a dildo?

Sylux
12-11-2011, 07:04 PM
You can make it one.

Hamachi
12-11-2011, 07:04 PM
But... but you wouldn't want cavities when all the dentists are dead, would you?
If you last longer than several months, malnutrition might set in, and think of the scurvy!

Also, you can't chop wood with a sword thingy.

GunZet
12-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Wouldn't have time to give a damn, got sunnsabitches to kill.

Hamachi
12-11-2011, 07:12 PM
D:

Ooh! Know what I forgot? A whetstone. To keep your sharp stuff sharp.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Cyanide pills.

Sylux
12-11-2011, 07:20 PM
But... but you wouldn't want cavities when all the dentists are dead, would you?
If you last longer than several months, malnutrition might set in, and think of the scurvy!

Also, you can't chop wood with a sword thingy.

Honestly zombies are going to be tearing apart houses all over the fucking place and they're not gonna do anything with the wood except throw it on the ground so just kill them with the sword and take the wood.

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Why would you need to chop wood when you can use furnitures and others?

GunZet
12-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Hamachi is living in Dead Rising world.

Delphinus
12-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Water Purifying Tablets
Hand-cranking battery recharger

srsly guyz

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 07:31 PM
He is going to live in the forest like a beast.

While I prefer to live in a apartment.

Hamachi
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I was thinking more of chopping wood and burning it in the winter :/

Also, I just found this (http://www.amazon.com/Aquamira-Frontier-Emergency-Filter-System/dp/B000OR115W/).

GunZet
I'd prefer to take base near/in a gunshop.

Bacon_Barbarian
I'd prefer to take my pillz and not have to deal with this shit.

ClockHand
guns are to loud.

GunZet
12-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Guns kill zombies, who doesn't want dead zombies?

Sylux
12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Gunz kills zombies.

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
guns do noise -> noise attract zombies -> more zombies = less bullets -> less bullets = less chance of surviving.

Dude, don't you know anything about zombie social science?

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 07:39 PM
If we're going down a route in which we could hypothetically get high quality guns, we can hypothetically get silencers.

Sylux
12-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Live in a castle with a field for pigs and chickens and a lava moat

Hamachi
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Yes but that stuff wouldn't fit into a care package.

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
If we're going down a route in which we could hypothetically get high quality guns, we can hypothetically get silencers.

Silencers affect the accuracy of the gun.

GunZet
12-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Clock. Two words.
You'd die.

Evil_Cake
12-11-2011, 07:44 PM
suit of armor so i can be an armored zombie eventually

Delphinus
12-11-2011, 07:44 PM
One or more battery-operated walkie talkies (to go with the hand-cranked battery charger)
A thick-lining leather jacket (srsly, they're warm, sturdy, and if you use a bike jacket they have armor in them - great for defending against zombies)
Thick sweater of synthetic material (wool shrinks and gets water-logged)
Any undershirt you like, why not pick that bright pink one you never wore because it's unfashionable
Jeans (obvious reason, they're meant for wear and tear and keep you pretty warm)
Waterproof and thickly-lined trousers (hard weather and wading through water)
High, sturdy boots (water wading and heavy weather again)
Walking shoes (long-distance trekking for survivors etc. Get ones that you can run in)
Soap bars (washing all of you)
Very sharp knife (shaving, chopping food, slaying)

Hamachi
12-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Ooh, good one Del.

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 07:47 PM
One or more battery-operated walkie talkies (to go with the hand-cranked battery charger)
A thick-lining leather jacket (srsly, they're warm, sturdy, and if you use a bike jacket they have armor in them - great for defending against zombies)
Thick sweater of synthetic material (wool shrinks and gets water-logged)
Any undershirt you like, why not pick that bright pink one you never wore because it's unfashionable
Jeans (obvious reason, they're meant for wear and tear and keep you pretty warm)
Waterproof and thickly-lined trousers (hard weather and wading through water)
High, sturdy boots (water wading and heavy weather again)
Walking shoes (long-distance trekking for survivors etc. Get ones that you can run in)
Soap bars (washing all of you)
Very sharp knife (shaving, chopping food, slaying)

This, but the knife will be useless to kill, so I will add a Machete.
Also, some supplies could be great (food, med, etc).

GunZet
12-11-2011, 07:49 PM
You better be damned good at CQC, Clock.

Oh, something else to add to the list.
A buddy...

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 07:51 PM

Oh, something else to add to the list.
A buddy...

already with your weird fetishes?

Evil_Cake
12-11-2011, 07:51 PM
make sure u can outrun said buddy

Delphinus
12-11-2011, 07:52 PM

Yeah at the point you need a knife you don't want to be using a knife. Buy a tactical crossbow or something.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I'll be your buddy, GunZ. Best of all, I'm can all but guarantee that I'm slower then you.

GunZet
12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I'll be your buddy, GunZ. Best of all, I'm can all but guarantee that I'm slower then you.

I like what's being implied in that last part, lmao.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I aint the fastest.

digitek
12-12-2011, 05:55 AM
A golf club with infinite amount of balls (yeah, both kinds), and maybe lessons on aim and target practise.

butternut
12-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Blow torches ppl! don't be botherin on guns and silencers and axes and swords. Burn them. when fuel gets over, get some wood..cloth...paper...anything!

Psy
12-12-2011, 02:11 PM
I looked and I'm wondering why no one said a flashlight or batteries? I would suggest a bottle opener instead of the clunky can opener cuz its way smaller so less space needed but will take a bit longer to get a can open with it.
Also

Viewing Story: #140734

MLIAFor Father's Day, I came up with an epic idea for a present. My mom, older brother and I made my dad a Zombie Survival Kit. It includes Twinkies, Spam, canned fruit, Hello Kitty Band-Aids, glowsticks, toilet paper, bar soap, the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, Beef Jerky, a water bottle with a filter, a box of shotgun shells, a magnesium firestarter, a collapseable shovel, a first-aid kit, a Sudoku book, and a 18-inch machete (no, really). My Dad is a medic on the local SWAT team, and already has a detailed Zombie plan. I am positive he will love it! I am so excited for Sunday! MyFamily'sLIA

GunZet
12-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I said flashlight in my first post.

Sylux
12-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I said flashlight in my first post.
^^^^^^^^^

Delphinus
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Tactical crossbow, rifle size (long range, reusable ammunition, less skill than a longbow, possible sights and laser pointers, silent. Advantages of a firearm without most of the disadvantages)
Good sharp knife, for dozens of uses from tin opener to last-resort combat weapon
Hipflask of your spirit of choice
Sweet hat (Stetson best, but get one suited to your local environment. don't go back for it)
Medication, various types
Linen wraps for wounds and broken bones
Utility belt to hold knife, hipflask, other useful bits and bobs

jaidurn
12-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Guys. All you need is Sylux because he is a perfect meat shield and if you get cold you just cut him open and use his warmth.

Sylux
12-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Plus I am the most handsome in da world

Byakuran
12-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Everything they used in Shaun of the Dead. also team up with some cool people since i think i'll prob. die if i fight alone...

Hamachi
12-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Now I'm wondering if you can fit a suppressed shotgun into the care package. Maybe if the suppressor's disassembled?

Sho
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
A twinkie, watching movies has learned you can get into alot of trouble without a twinkie

Ozzaharwood
12-13-2011, 02:33 PM
suit of armor so i can be an armored zombie eventually

This is actually a good idea... How would the zombies bite you if you were wearing a full body suit of armour?

Lolno. The things I'd want would be:

Dried rations
Energy Bars
Water
Binoculars
M9 w/ silencer
Box of ammo
Backpack and/or utility belt
Knife
Flares
Flashlight and/or glowsticks
Adrenaline
First aid kit + antibiotics
Halligan bar or Crowbar
Gas cartridge stove + matches and/or lighter
Snake Cam
Grenades (unlikely to get, but still could come in handy in bad situations)

I don't know if all of that would fit or if one person would be able to carry it, but that's my ideal package.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I notice nobody has managed to pack a survival kit as efficient as mine. :P

GunZet
12-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Does yours have a pistol with one edit: -loaded- bullet included?

digitek
12-14-2011, 05:53 PM
A twinkie, watching movies has learned you can get into alot of trouble without a twinkie

This, exactly. And don't forget to double tap.

Black_Shaggie
12-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Okay kiddies, this is what I'd take into the zombie apocalypse as a care package:

1) A reinforced sturdy biking jacket. I know someone else said this, but it's a really good item to have...durable, flexible & most importantly bite proof. Denim Jacket, fleece hoodie, long johns & a "I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!" T-shirt.
2) Full visor bike helmet (one again, bite proof)
3) leather gloves
4) really rugged biking chaps,jeans, sweat pants & long johns. Layered & the sweaty funk be damned cuz you're bite proof.
5)Gortek steel toed boots. They're just a durable as the rest & lighter to boot.
6)1 zippo lighter w/ extra lighter fluid
7) One kinetically powered flash light...with some "heft" to it.
8)A water purification filter for bottles & jugs.
9)1 quart-sized pan.
10) 12 gauge pump action riot shot gun with shells & slugs. Used only when the shit really hits the fan & you're back's against the wall.
11) 1 metal baseball bat & 1 crowbar (to be used as a samurai would use a kanata & a wakasashi in daisho).
12) A crossbow and bolts.
13) Any canned goods you can find.
14)A can opener.
15)ibuprophen & jack dainiel's black label for medicinal purposes...
16) colt .45 and plenty of extra clips. Fuck a silencer. If they heard you and you can't get away then you deserve to die. Besides...the guns are more for the humans left that want what you got.
17) 1 survival knife.
18) A tome of on any philosophy, ideology or religion of your choice. So you can pretend to sort out all the chaos & insanity around you.
19) Subway & sewer maps of the city that you're in.
20) a bedroll, sleeping bag or some shit...hell a snuggie. idk

You'll need to roll with stealth always...so fuck large groups (unless they've proven themselves capable of surviving with greater numbers). Attack only when you have to. Run from them shambling fuckers as much as possible. Roll with stealth.

kine
12-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Well I'd say as far as supplies go:
- A months worth of rations
- Some of the sturdy clothing that will protect me like what Black_Shaggie said
- A lighter and extra fluid like Black_Shaggie said
- 5 whetstones
- A crowbar (can also be a weapon)
- A backpack (I don't know if we are just assuming we have a backpack or not so whatever.)
As for weapons I'd say:
- A Katana
- A metal baseball bat
- A Handgun with a silencer and 50 clips of ammo. (A lot of the ammo will be in my backpack)

GunZet
12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Lots of guns, things that go boom and make noise and attract attention. More zeds to kill that way.

Delphinus
12-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Guns? USE A TACTICAL CROSSBOW YOU IDIOTS. AMMO DEPLETES FAR SLOWER AND IT'S SILENT. ALSO SOME ARE FOLDABLE. >__<

Sho
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
USE CAPS LOCK ; GET POINT ACROSS

GunZet
12-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Guns? USE A TACTICAL CROSSBOW YOU IDIOTS. AMMO DEPLETES FAR SLOWER AND IT'S SILENT. ALSO SOME ARE FOLDABLE. >__<

Guns guns guns, and C4. But all you really need in any end of the world situation is a crowbar and gravity gun.

Black_Shaggie
12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Crossbows, Bows & BLUNT WEAPONS like hammers crow bars & bats. Hell make a mace...I don't care...just things that are good for braining them undead fuckers. You risk not giving that 'blunt trauma to the brain or cerebrebal cortex' trying to be fancy with swords and such. I mean, yeah, a katana can behead a zombie. But how many people are skilled enough to do that? Let's say you hit a zombie in the brain with your best Rikimaru impersonation, but it doesn't do the deed. Now you're still struggling one zombie while his buddies come to help dig the brains from your skull. Best to get a blunt weapon because they take no more skill than swinging for a target: the friggin' head. Splat! And n to the next.

Crossbows & bow work because you can 'brain' them form a distance silently, but you gotta (again) have the skill to use them. Plus you can theoretically make your own ammo for these. At the very least recycle what you have for a while. As far as guns go...sure. You gotta keep track of your ammo though, and I'd use them only as a last ditch effort to get the hell out of dodge because that 'bang!' is only going to bring more zombies. Flame throwers are useless. Now you have a flaming zombie. Well at close range any how.

In a zombie apocalypse, the name of the game is survival. Stay stealthy attack only when you gotta (or need to get to some resources) & don't be a bad ass. Be a hero if you wanna, but don't try to be a bad ass. You'll only wind up on the menu and then fodder for a smarter survivor.