PDA

View Full Version : MLG National Championship

Fenn
11-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Never watched MLG before, streaming it right now. It's more fun than I thought, even though I don't know any of the teams, they did a nice job recapping. Announcers are funny in a "hey they're talking about games!" kinda way.

What do you think about competitive gaming at present and in the future?

GunZet
11-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Eh, I don't think comp. gaming is as good as it was a few years back. I used to watch that one show where they'd do daily competitive matches in Halo, Mechwarrior 4 Mercs, Dead or Alive, all that gud stuff. Although I've been meaning to stream MLG, lol.

jubeh
11-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Watched this last night

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/pro-gaming

Yeah we have a long way to go. It's something I used to be interested in but I dont really care about anymore.

Fenn
11-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Eh, I don't think comp. gaming is as good as it was a few years back. I used to watch that one show where they'd do daily competitive matches in Halo, Mechwarrior 4 Mercs, Dead or Alive, all that gud stuff. Although I've been meaning to stream MLG, lol.

It's on G4tv if you wanna stream.

I wonder what would result of a video game designed specifically for MLG/competitive gaming. Be in shooter, RTS, or fighter, I think it would be interesting.

jubeh
11-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Shadowrun was designed specifically for competitive play

CypressDahlia
11-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Don't watch for the same reason I don't watch sports. Though I guess it has the same appeal. I do like watching Let's Plays, though, probably for the humor.

Fenn
11-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Shadowrun was designed specifically for competitive play

Did not know that. Fun fact!

Don't watch for the same reason I don't watch sports. Though I guess it has the same appeal. I do like watching Let's Plays, though, probably for the humor.

Why don't you watch sports?

CypressDahlia
11-19-2011, 03:22 PM
If I'm not watching something funny in a video game, I'd rather spend that time playing one, is all. Like I can't watch a super serious live broadcast without losing interest. I can just barely stomach Evo because the announcers tend to be funny.

Fenn
11-19-2011, 03:26 PM
If I'm not watching something funny in a video game, I'd rather spend that time playing one, is all. Like I can't watch a super serious live broadcast without losing interest. I can just barely stomach Evo because the announcers tend to be funny.

Completely respected.

I'm a natural-born analyist so modern pro sports interest me, due to all the stats and strategizing.

GunZet
11-19-2011, 03:27 PM
THere should be Battlefield comps. 64 person massive wars, strategy, the works.
I'm hoping Mechwarrior 5 pops back into the competition world.

Fenn
11-19-2011, 03:29 PM
THere should be Battlefield comps. 64 person massive wars, strategy, the works.
I'm hoping Mechwarrior 5 pops back into the competition world.

Wow battlefield would be awesome, especially watching vehicles. I'd like it if they could program little "camera drones" that the MLG hosts could control to give better views.

CypressDahlia
11-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Actually, I would watch that, too. If they found a way to engross me in the meta-game. And MW4 was the perfect squad-based game because combat roles were extremely imperative to good team-building. I loved watching people get tagged with PPCs.

jubeh
11-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Idk I watched female olympic curling one time after I hurt my foot and couldnt go to work.

I'll pretty much watch anything if there's commentary.

Fenn
11-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Actually, I would watch that, too. If they found a way to engross me in the meta-game. And MW4 was the perfect squad-based game because combat roles were extremely imperative to good team-building. I loved watching people get tagged with PPCs.

That's another thing! It's fun to go to a sports event because you feel like part of the action. If they had some way for people watching live and on their computers to interact (indirectly) with the games it would be fantastic. Giving every viewer their own camera view to control is probably unrealistic but would be awesome.

Also curiling is awesome to watch when there is absolutely nothing else to do.

GunZet
11-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Just give everyone the ability to tap into spectator cams, and that's good enough for me.

Fenn
11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Just give everyone the ability to tap into spectator cams, and that's good enough for me.

Exactly. Would be awesome.

Hayashida
11-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Idk I watched female olympic curling one time after I hurt my foot and couldnt go to work.

I'll pretty much watch anything if there's commentary.

Curling is intense dude