PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley.Chii UPDATE pg.2 Ink Ink Ink

darkmousysminion
11-17-2011, 04:36 AM
I'm so confused by this new layout.

分かる人が少ないかもしれませんけど、ここにだれか日本語ができますか。できるなら、チーと申して、話まし ょうね~

Uh. Hi. I...haven't been here for a while. And I lost my forum stealth when I had to move 3,000 across my country.

Here's some art:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/DarkMousysMinion/NiCELogoPreviewsmaller.jpg

Logos ha. Yay.

I'll post more legit stuff as soon as I have more energy :).

Celestial-Fox
11-17-2011, 06:45 AM
はい、少しね。でも、私の日本語はとても下手です。orz

Heeey, you're baaack! I'm diggin' the logo, especially the syntax of it, haha. It reminds me of my stay in Japan. XD The gradient placement and color is nice, and I like the semi-transparent stroke edges, too.

GunZet
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Well whaddya know, it's Chii! bout time you popped back around, lol. Love the logo piece, is that what you're into now?

Blue_Dragon
11-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I agree w/ Ceefy and Gunz: this is an awesome design! And my favorite color <3

Anywho, the only thing I might suggest, and it's not a criticism, is not cutting off the thumb and the top music notes. That's the only thing. I really like the whole concept :3

Did you do the font yourself? It's really cool!

Sutari
11-17-2011, 11:32 PM
お帰りチーさま、信じられないぃーーーー!(笑)  よかったけど、たぶんすばらしいアーチストになったん だろうOTL

darkmousysminion
11-18-2011, 07:41 PM
C-F:あ!CFさん、 日本語を勉強していますか?ちょっとびっくりしたけど、印象を与えました。

And thanks for the compliments, you analyze my logo techniques well :D although semi-transparent stroke edges...donde?

GunZet: ha ha hey! So there are older MT peeps on here, I am pleasantly surprised. Thank you :) and this is...a piece of what I've been doing. I like to think of myself as a varied artist.

BD: D'aw thanku. Ah, yeah, that happened only because this is a preview. I usually make a point of ensuring logos are without borders. I appreciate the comment though, very much.

I did not make the font, I believe it's called...:can't remember: SOMETHING, I will look that up.

sutari: OMGレイ君!!:GLOMP:久しいですよね!元気ですか。そっちもすばらしいアーチスト
になったでしょう、三年ぐらいが経ちましたから。レイ君の新しいえをみたいですね~!

あのう、『だ』体で話してもいいですか?『です、ます』体のけいごの言葉がちょっと長いし。。 。

アップデイト
UPDATE

OK, Chii has a little more sleep and a Japanese presentation out of the way so in the tiny bits of free time I have between twiddling my thumbs at home and wandering over to my 彼氏の家 (this may be unfair for those who cannot read japanese o.O), I'mma post something perhaps *slightly* cooler than the logo.

Warning: there is slightly suggestive content in here of mature material. No nudity but if you feel you might be offended, don't click on it.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/DarkMousysMinion/Storyboard-betterversionPreview.jpg
Look! A Storyboard!

Ha ha. This is what a storyboard looks like for Chii. It has arrows zooming all over the place and boxes and random chicken scratch people doing naughty things (shh only in this one and...maybe a couple others).

In a nutshell, not very pretty but kinda cool because it turns into these later:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/DarkMousysMinion/ComicPagePreview.jpg
Errors be plenty. Hopefully not abominable, especially what with the ref that goes into poses these days. I need to fix the Nikhil's (lower panel guy's) right arm and hand. It looks fugly.

Props for anyone who recognizes the cups, hint: they will be red with white rims and filled with icky beer.

Anyone wanna guess the scenerio? the page is super underfinished. Workin on that.
I'll probably say more later but I'm tired of typing.

Cheers :D

CypressDahlia
11-18-2011, 07:43 PM
They're drunk and have let go entirely of their inhibitions and are about to make out like crazy.

...just a stab in the dark.

darkmousysminion
11-18-2011, 07:53 PM
lol knew I could count on you Cypress, nailed it.

The story's not my idea but I have to draw it this way for the client.

jaidurn
11-18-2011, 07:58 PM
I love your art and all, but once I saw the bottom left part of the storyboard, I wtf'd. I mean, I see pants coming off.

darkmousysminion
11-18-2011, 09:35 PM
I love your art and all, but once I saw the bottom left part of the storyboard, I wtf'd. I mean, I see pants coming off.

I'm sorry, are you opposed to sexuality? I wouldn't show actually nudity or any kind of mature content here on MT without warning but I wasn't sure what people could make of the scribbles in the storyboard.

Thank you for the art love. I actually don't usually draw this kind of thing and even if I did, I'm heterosexual and would draw females and males.

I want to notify everyone: I DID NOT DECIDE THE ACTUAL CONTENT OF THIS COMIC OR STORYBOARD. I AM DRAWING THIS FOR A CLIENT, MY UNIVERSITY'S HEALTH CARE CENTER WHO WANTS TO MAKE A SERIES ABOUT COLLEGE STUDENTS' ROMANTIC LIVES AND WHERE THEY EITHER MADE GOOD OR BAD CHOICES. THE POINT IS TO REMIND THE COLLEGE COMMUNITY ABOUT THINGS LIKE STDs and OTHER DANGERS. THE COMIC WILL NOT HAVE ACTUAL NUDITY, ONLY SUGGESTIONS OF THIS PARTICULAR PERSON'S STORY.

BTW, he's actually putting his pants on : )

jaidurn
11-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Oh you. I'm not opposed to it in any way, I just wasn't suspecting it when I saw it. It's all cool that you're doing it for your university and all. I didn't mean to make you think I was bashing on it. Keep up the good work. :D

NWAP
11-20-2011, 03:02 AM
o-o...the MT legend returns *bows down*. awesomeness! hopefully you'll be posting more storyboards of this project :0 ??

Gedeon
11-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry, are you opposed to sexuality? I wouldn't show actually nudity or any kind of mature content here on MT without warning but I wasn't sure what people could make of the scribbles in the storyboard.

Thank you for the art love. I actually don't usually draw this kind of thing and even if I did, I'm heterosexual and would draw females and males.

I want to notify everyone: I DID NOT DECIDE THE ACTUAL CONTENT OF THIS COMIC OR STORYBOARD. I AM DRAWING THIS FOR A CLIENT, MY UNIVERSITY'S HEALTH CARE CENTER WHO WANTS TO MAKE A SERIES ABOUT COLLEGE STUDENTS' ROMANTIC LIVES AND WHERE THEY EITHER MADE GOOD OR BAD CHOICES. THE POINT IS TO REMIND THE COLLEGE COMMUNITY ABOUT THINGS LIKE STDs and OTHER DANGERS. THE COMIC WILL NOT HAVE ACTUAL NUDITY, ONLY SUGGESTIONS OF THIS PARTICULAR PERSON'S STORY.

BTW, he's actually putting his pants on : )

The first step........Denial xD

I kid i kid, Pretty good. Can't say anything about the storyboard......im confused.....-v-
As for those two guys beneath id say awesome, although it seems that the hands are just a tad bit short.

darkmousysminion
12-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Wow, a lot can happen in a week and a half @_@ sorry MT peeps, college life has a tendency of impairing my ability to post on here at times. Last day of class was yesterday (YAY!).

Anyways, I'll be posting art asap to keep this poor thread alive. And replying to others of course.

darkmousysminion
12-04-2011, 12:50 AM
帰って、よかった~また長い間書き込めなかって、ちょっと緊張していた。とにかく。。。

Hello english-speaking public! Finally got around to updating again, sorry for the lag. Theoretically Chii has a bit of artwork from the past 2 years that I can post on here when I have trouble with HOT OFF THE SKETCHPAD art. I'm thinking that'll make it a little easier for me to survive on here what with how quickly the threads seem to bump up and down...

Not sure if any of you have seen some of this already, perhaps in some of my previous attempts to revive myself on here. If you have, um...sorry? Hopefully the work is not so boring as to not deserve a second viewing.

Anyways, look at this big wall of text. WHERE'S THE ARTWORK. ::scrambles::

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/DarkMousysMinion/AYA-Preview1.jpg
Creepy :). This piece is actually called "Are you afraid of the dark?"

Cliche I know. I'm a hopeless child of the 90's when it comes to old Nickelodeon shows though. I miss Ah! Real monsters and Rocko especially. And Invader Zim but that wasn't a genuine 90's show.

The piece is acrylic on wood. Here's a more finished version. If you get squeamish at the mere silhouette of a suicide, don't look.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/DarkMousysMinion/IMG_2057.jpg

I have no decent pictures of this painting. It's too d*mn big.

Blue_Dragon
12-04-2011, 05:42 AM
Super cool! Don't let Kodos see the T-Rex. :3 He loves dinos. The whole things is really awesome! I love you you use less saturation and color in this. It really does produce an eerie feel!

Celestial-Fox
12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
This ir really, really cool. I like the aspect ratio of the dimensions. The colors and texture are so good. *^*

darkmousysminion
12-13-2011, 05:43 PM
lolz. Thanks Ceefy and Blue_Dragon :). Compliments much appreciated.

I'm alive and workin' on stuff. しかし試験があるから、ちょっと大変だ。すぐコミックの締め切りがちかづいてきてる(O_<)。。。

Here's a page inking:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/DarkMousysMinion/Page7preview.jpg

Um. Yay :D no gay this time. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals and have many homosexual friends. But this comic has tired me out of drawing men quibbling with each other about..."activities" >_>...

Celestial-Fox
12-13-2011, 07:14 PM
That nose is absolutely fantastic. I love the folds and the natural pose. The only critique I have is that his torse seems a little on the short side.

darkmousysminion
12-13-2011, 09:32 PM
ありがとうシフィちゃん~~He's supposed to be pakistani, hence nose. My poor "suckered into reference help" boyfriend helped make the posing and folds realistic :3. I had thought his torso might be a little on the short side too...might extend that a bit although he is not a large nor tall guy so...think that matters? Not sure myself o.O

CypressDahlia
12-13-2011, 11:34 PM
I think you just need to extend the crotch a little further down